It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump does another 180 from the campaign...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Actually, by your OP, it does very much seem like you do care otherwise of all the examples of Trump flip flops why bring up a gay marriage policy that no one remembers him pandering about?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

What fiscal conservatism? BRING ON THE STIMULUS!!!!

"Here’s a surprising conclusion you reach when you start to game out what economic policy will look like in Donald J. Trump’s administration: While many details of his policy agenda are likely to be staunchly opposed by the left, Mr. Trump appears likely to enact a fun-house mirror version of what many liberal economists have advocated for years: Keynesian fiscal stimulus."

www.nytimes.com...

"A President Trump Fiscal Stimulus Is Coming"

www.bloomberg.com...

I am not down for any more stimulus.

Phantom districts turned me off forever. I want that fiscal conservatism and if Trump doesn't deliver, I will be the first to cry foul.

I won't trust Trump until he pulls the pursestrings tight and guards our money like it's his own.
edit on 13-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Supreme Court isn't supposed to decide what the mandated social position is, it's supposed to determine whether enacted laws are constitutional or not.

edit on 13-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: loam
I find it most amusing that the left saw Armageddon coming from a Trump presidency, and now that he is moderating many of his positions (as many who voted for him expected he would) the left is even more terrified of him.

I suspect the real fear there is that he might actually do a half decent job.

I think you hit the nail on the head. All these protestors don't want trump because he may actually get something done and they will be proven wrong. They were led to believe lies and parroted them and now there is going to be people telling them they were very wrong. If they eliminate Trump, then nobody will have any proof that they believed Hillary's lies.

These liberals are trying to protect their own reputation and making fools of themselves in the process. Never get hung up on politics, it will make you crazy. All politicians seem to lie, some are just better at hiding it or twisting evidence to make them look right. Trump is not a good Liar, Hillary is really good.

There's probably real cause for concern. Trump says stuff that other people interpret as a cause to bash other people's heads. You may not know this but not everyone is as intelligent as you are. Some people hear what Trump is saying and interpret his exaggerated metaphors as literals truths and calls for action.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I said most.

You cannot equate inter-racial marriage to gay marriage. That dog don't hunt, and the argument is one that's been gone over many, many times.

But if it makes you feel better to think what you think ... whatever.

My mixed marriage thanks you for your bigoted assumptions.

Seriously? This dog hunts all day. How does two men or two women being married affect your life in any way? If it makes you feel any better, the mother of my children is half mexican, and my grown ass son has been stopped and asked for his papers. He graduated Bishop Ward High School and Rockhurst. My daughter has been spared as she has my fair complexion, green eyes, and my mothers blonde hair. How does gay marriage affect your life, it affects mine in no way.

Our culture and language have been affected, which affects our lives. Negatively, in my opinion.

Please explain how your culture has been affected, language I understand, FAGGOT is no longer an acceptable term.

Because language has been redefined in some people's minds. That's one.

Because the line than maintains a distinction between what a man is and what a woman is has been made less distinct. That's another.

Because our next generation thinks it can change the rules if it whines and moans and bitches enough, even though it is in the minority. That's a third and it's major. Just look at the Trump protests. Those snowflakes think they can pout enough to change the Constitution.

Also, NIGGER is not an acceptable term but it sure shows up in songs and Tarantino movies a lot.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
The Supreme Court isn't supposed to decide what the mandated social position is, it's supposed to determine whether enacted laws are constitutional or not.

It will be some kind of day in Washington when the Supreme court strikes down state sodomy laws.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I said most.

You cannot equate inter-racial marriage to gay marriage. That dog don't hunt, and the argument is one that's been gone over many, many times.

Seriously? This dog hunts all day. How does two men or two women being married affect your life in any way? If it makes you feel any better, the mother of my children is half mexican, and my grown ass son has been stopped and asked for his papers. He graduated Bishop Ward High School and Rockhurst. My daughter has been spared as she has my fair complexion, green eyes, and my mothers blonde hair. How does gay marriage affect your life, it affects mine in no way.

Our culture and language have been affected, which affects our lives. Negatively, in my opinion.

Please explain how your culture has been affected, language I understand, FAGGOT is no longer an acceptable term.

Because the line than maintains a distinction between what a man is and what a woman is has been made less distinct. That's another.

Because our next generation thinks it can change the rules if it whines and moans and bitches enough, even though it is in the minority. That's a third and it's major. Just look at the Trump protests. Those snowflakes think they can pout enough to change the Constitution.

Also, NIGGER is not an acceptable term but it sure shows up in songs and Tarantino movies a lot.

So what you are saying is the 13th Amendment is not Constitutional because it wasn't what the founders intended or considered immoral in the Bible?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I said most.

So what you are saying is the 13th Amendment is not Constitutional because it wasn't what the founders intended or considered immoral in the Bible?

No, that's not what I'm saying. But thanks for trying.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

What do you mean by "change the Constitution" BS?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Hillary's campaign paid people to disrupt Trumps campaign speeches. Hillary is no angel.

Sure, look at the people who are protesting and signing petitions, they are trying to change the rules after the fact because their candidate lost. If things were turned around, they would be slamming trumps supporters for doing exactly what they are doing. The Democratic Liberal supporters need to chill out, get back to their lives and quit this mod mindset. If they want to change the way our government works, then call their representatives and change it for the next election, but do not step on small states toes. They need to remember that big cities need food and that food is grown in the states with lower populations and not in the cities. Farmers do not have to sell their products to the cities, they can collapse our food system if the big population areas seize control of our government.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Raggedyman

As for christians, we are to love the LGBT community, as Christ loved and died for all sinners. We are to accept them. Where is the argument.

Here's your Christian. Perfectly legal in Tennessee.

WASHBURN, Tenn. (WVLT) -- An East Tennessee hardware store has a strong message on its front door: "No gays allowed." Jeff Amyx, owner of Amyx Hardware and Roofing Supplies, put that message up on his store's door Monday. He says he was fed up with all of the positive feedback following Friday's Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. He wants gay customers to know they are not welcome. "I don't want them around me. Because their lifestyle is what I disagree with. People say 'you need to accept them, you need to accept them.' I don't have to," he says. www.local8now.com...

and I have no doubt if you could, you would refuse christians service as well
Fundamentalism cant be helped, sadly

"Amyx feels what he does with his store is his right. He'll still sell to gay customers as long as they "behave" and keep their opinions to themselves."

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I find it most amusing that the left saw Armageddon coming from a Trump presidency, and now that he is moderating many of his positions (as many who voted for him expected he would) the left is even more terrified of him.

I suspect the real fear there is that he might actually do a half decent job.

I think you hit the nail on the head. All these protestors don't want trump because he may actually get something done and they will be proven wrong. They were led to believe lies and parroted them and now there is going to be people telling them they were very wrong. If they eliminate Trump, then nobody will have any proof that they believed Hillary's lies.

These liberals are trying to protect their own reputation and making fools of themselves in the process. Never get hung up on politics, it will make you crazy. All politicians seem to lie, some are just better at hiding it or twisting evidence to make them look right. Trump is not a good Liar, Hillary is really good.

Great post by you and loam.

I think there are two types of people arguing about this election, those that are concrened about what actaul policies will get passed, and those that are only concerned about their side winning.

Many liberals will be happy if Trump doesn't roll back gay marriage, or keeps the insurance provision for peole with pre exisiting conditions, or gets the economy to work for lower or middle class people. They may think that Trump won't do it, but they would be very happy to be proven wrong.

This is how I was with Obama. I thought he would be against my positions but would have been happy to have been proven wrong.

But then there are the people that only want their team to win. These are the people thaat want riots and protests, these are the people that will complain even when Trump does things that is on their agenda. The truth is like you both say, they are AFRAID that Trump will succeed. If he does, and he proves that he and many of his supporters are not racist xenophobes, it means the will lose the monopoly on their moral authority.

So they will do everything in their power to make sure he fails.

In fairness, there were people on the right that were the same with Obama. But that is why I have some hope with Trump, that he will not be beholden to the establishment parties.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

They think they can whine enough to overturn the Electoral College.

And the Constitution isn't BS. If you think so, I guess that could be another bit of damage to the culture.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Those snowflakes think they can pout enough to change the Constitution.

Actually it's the religious right and Trump's appointees that want to change the Constitution. They want the First Amendment Defense Act, a “religious freedom” bill that would enable the religious snowflakes to discriminate against anyone based on sexual activity and marital status.

As well, they want to add the Sanctity of Life and Dignity Constitutional Amendment, outlawing abortion and assisted suicide.

They've already enacted the Religious Freedom and Restoration Act. These snowflakes won't be happy until they get their dominionism theocracy.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

As for christians, we are to love the LGBT community, as Christ loved and died for all sinners. We are to accept them. Where is the argument.

WASHBURN, Tenn. (WVLT) -- An East Tennessee hardware store has a strong message on its front door: "No gays allowed." Jeff Amyx, owner of Amyx Hardware and Roofing Supplies, put that message up on his store's door Monday. He says he was fed up with all of the positive feedback following Friday's Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. He wants gay customers to know they are not welcome. "I don't want them around me. Because their lifestyle is what I disagree with. People say 'you need to accept them, you need to accept them.' I don't have to," he says. www.local8now.com...

"Amyx feels what he does with his store is his right. He'll still sell to gay customers as long as they "behave" and keep their opinions to themselves."

Why would I refuse service to a Fundamentalist?

I did throw one out of my business once though. He seemed to think I should donate my services, to him, in the name of God

He didn't behave.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Hillary's campaign paid people to disrupt Trumps campaign speeches.

I get it, Hillary was really rough with you Republicans. Stop whining about how tough she was during the campaign. Get over it, you won.

The liberals have been vanquished. The Republicans now control the entire government. So when the next cycle comes around you will have no one to blame for all the bad government policies than your own party.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Any thing not specifically outlined in the constitution to the federal government is supposed to be left up to the states. Marraige would be included in that.

So would things like marijuana use. Wouldn't you be in favor of each state deciding rather or not they allowed marijuana use instead of these states deciding for themselves but the federal government still being allowed to arrest any marijuana use at anytime for a federal crime?

That is why these issues are best left up to the state. When you leave this issues up to the courts, you always run the risk of the court changing their mind in the future.

That is why as a supporter of gay marriage, I thought it should have been left up to the states, and ultimately should have been pushed forward as an amendment.

Regardless, I don't understand the left giving so much heat to Trump if he doesn't want to roll back gay marriage.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Why would I refuse service to a Fundamentalist?

I did throw one out of my business once though. He seemed to think I should donate my services, to him, in the name of God

He didn't behave.

The one thing that bothers me most is listening to a fundamentalist like you berating fundamentalists in Tennessee
The problem is in the mirror dear girl and you dont make it any better, spewing your version of hate is no different.
Please wake up.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Marraige would be included in that.

That's absurd. If marriage recognition changed from state to state, a couple couldn't move without having reapply for a marriage license. If they were traveling and an accident occurred, spousal rights curtail. What about out of state inheritance? Death benefits? Insurance claims? Taxes?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

They think they can whine enough to overturn the Electoral College.

And the Constitution isn't BS. If you think so, I guess that could be another bit of damage to the culture.

I never said the Constitution was BS pretty lame try though. I don't think they are protesting the election but Trump's rhetoric of intolerance. You may not know there but there are some people who are not as intelligent as you are who might interpret some of Trump's rhetoric as a call for action to bash people's skulls. Trump will not do it because he's just selling you exactly what you want to hear so you will give him your vote. Or at least get the vote of people who really don't care about issues anyway and just want to bash people's skulls in.

He won the election. Conservatives may think they won but other than keeping Hillary out of office, maybe they didn't win. Because as far as I can tell Trump is probably further to the left than Hillary on a lot issues. I just read he wants to do a HUGE stimulus package which will add to the deficit and national debt. How does that feel. And you thought him flip-flopping on the gay issues was a big long round pain in your butt.
edit on 13-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join