It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does another 180 from the campaign...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Is there some reason people try to imagine campaign promises so they can say Trump broke them?

Exactly when did Trump promise to end gay marriage?

Agreed trump did not "Promise" to do ANYTHING really..Kind of the beauty of his BS..

But certainly this and a dozen other statements led people to believe something

This is a very surprising ruling. And I -- I can see changes coming down the line, frankly. But I would have much preferred that they ruled at a state level and allowed the states to make those rulings themselves.

WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?

TRUMP: I would strongly consider that, yes.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What people need to realize, is that Trump leans Left more then he does Right. I knew that all along. Hell, I've called him a RINO from the very beginning. Trump was a Democrat all of his life up until maybe the last few years or so. I think hes somewhere in the middle now. And you know, things get said on campaigns. It always happens. Sometimes these things are extreme. But the campaign Trump and the President Trump might actually be two different people. Its been said that Trump is like a chameleon in that hes good at adapting to certain atmospheres. I've seen many a Candidate over the years completely transform their personality once they get into office. Its like night and day at times. In the end, we'll see. But I'm giving The Don a fair chance and seeing what happens. These things rarely end up as bad as people think they do.

He was never a true conservative and that's why he got a lot of votes IMO. There's some things both parties are too strict on and could use compromise. I think the overreaction to this stuff about his plans is a little much. The guy is trying to make peace between all and I respect that.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
He is going to appoint judges that are conservative, there is no doubt.

Most conservative judges will not support current hot social issues at the federal level.

That doesn't necessarily mean they will make them all against the law at a federal level. It may often mean they will simply rule that there is some baseline at federal level and anything beyond that is up to the states.

To me that would be ideal. That's how the country was founded. So very different people had the power (vastly more at state level, than federal level, for grassroots efforts -- as gay marriage and legal marijuana already example) to live in very different ways. And if you didn't like your state's ways, you had more power to change them (DJT getting rid of term limits and lobbying would help A LOT to make changing government more workable for the common people not corps) or you could move to one you liked better.

But he can't say that he's not going to appoint a judge who wouldn't be likely to rule against things like abortion or gay marriage. It's almost certain that since he is a "constitution" man he will.

RC

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Not sure it's a 180 or just telling people at the time what they want to hear.

Give him a week and he'll be saying the opposite.

Habitual liar.

Believe me.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Notice how he's already gotten a softer tone in his voice? Yeah. Because he was sat down and told just because he's the incoming President...doesnt mean he can do even 1/2 the things he talked about doing. He wont be able to due to all the "agreements" and secret info not told the public when he said them....

He surely hadnt known a lot of things we have going that will go totally against MANY of the things he said he'd do... that made folks vote for him. Im surprised that people think he could. Our Presidents are largely figureheads. Watch his rhetoric change quickly...it already is.

We're a country with National and International laws and legal agreements made by our representing politicians, and needing discussions and votes for even BRINGING all these "When I get elected...Im gonna...." issues to the front anyway....and he's no lawyer.

Watch him. He's not smiling so much nor talking in the same tone. He's beginning to be told what to do and say. You can tell. He will continue doing 180's and even 360's with what he can and can't do because of those things he never was privy to. Now he knows...the last few days...with all the frowning he's doing...he's looking kinda SCARED...worried at least to me.

Im sure as well those Generals and the ISIS issue he "Know's more than..than..even the Generals do. Believe me!"...have sat him down and "explained" the real deal.

Believe me on that one!

edit on 14-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
After his meeting with Obama, Trump looked a little subdued, not just calm but subdued. Someone on youtube quipped something like, "Guess they told him about the aliens." I couldn't quit laughing. Maybe!

RC

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yep. They go in the Oval Office smiling and waving the first 72 hours, then come out looking like they have been vomiting. Jimmy Carter and Obama in particular.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

I read that he just found out that he had to replace the entire staff of the West Wing. He didn't know that and was unprepared. Obama promised that he and his staff would help through the transition. Sources said that he was a little overwhelmed with the realization of the amount of work that he had ahead.

That's the official explanation, but I'd to believe that Trump looked fazed because he just met our alien overlords and his 5 clone replacements, should he f##k this up!

edit on 14-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedCairo
After his meeting with Obama, Trump looked a little subdued, not just calm but subdued. Someone on youtube quipped something like, "Guess they told him about the aliens." I couldn't quit laughing. Maybe!

RC

I am sure there is a lot that he will find out that will shock him.
Hopefully he will find a way to spill the beans!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

you know who was the first choice was and how we got duped out. 

I don't want to lie to you but I'm VERY new to the political kind of discussions. Like, this election kind of new. So I really DON'T know who their first choice was or how we got juped. Lol. I apologise for my ignorance.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's the official explanation, but I'd love to believe that Trump looked fazed because he just met our alien overlords and his 5 clone replacements, should he f##k this up!

Oh!!!!!

I like that one

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

Those snowflakes think they can pout enough to change the Constitution.

Actually it's the religious right and Trump's appointees that want to change the Constitution. They want the First Amendment Defense Act, a “religious freedom” bill that would enable the religious snowflakes to discriminate against anyone based on sexual activity and marital status.

Since that is just a reiteration of the 1st Amendment, it's not a change to the Constitution.

And refusing to participate in an event or ceremony is not discrimination, it's expression by non-participation.

As well, they want to add the Sanctity of Life and Dignity Constitutional Amendment, outlawing abortion and assisted suicide.

Well that would be an amendment, not judicial activism. We'd need 37 states to ratify it. Pouting would not help.

They've already enacted the Religious Freedom and Restoration Act. These snowflakes won't be happy until they get their dominionism theocracy.

Dominionist... isn't that bringing about the end days? How exactly do those correlate together?

p.s. the RFRA was passed under Clinton in 1993 with a Democratic Senate and House majority. Just FYI.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Since that is just a reiteration of the 1st Amendment, it's not a change to the Constitution.

No, it's not just a reiteration of the 1st Amendment, it's an adaptation. A specific one at that.

edit on 14-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

New Jersey? Queens, New York.

What's point of this post? Just bad info and propaganda, much like Trump in beginning. I never heard it but I know A LOT of gays that said it, but I shrugged it off as left wing propaganda. Some clip somewhere of him saying he isn't gay.

And... he's right.. it's unfair to them to be stripped of their rights. Why did Trump win? Because no ONE group, be it white or black, strait or non are easily dupped bafoons. Silent votes killed it. Those don't believe hype.

I'm sorry I gotta do it..

"OMG!!! RIGHTS!!! WE ALL HAVE THEM!! BOOO!! MY VOTE COUNTS AS TWOOO!!"

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Whats wrong with socially liberal people?

If he's fiscally conservative and socially liberal *GASP* that makes him Libertarian!

But unfortunately I don't believe he is fiscally conservative with all the spending and tax cuts he wants. So that just makes him a moderate republican or a democrat.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: RedCairo
That's the official explanation, but I'd to believe that Trump looked fazed because he just met our alien overlords and his 5 clone replacements, should he f##k this up!

That was very close to my own theory a few days ago. That he met his clones and realized his world of options was a lot more limited than he thought LOL. I hope not since that would be sad for us, too. Call me crazy, I didn't vote for him, but I am actually hoping he manages to accomplish some of the things he has listed as goals. *Especially* when it comes to jobs.

RC

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89
Whats wrong with socially liberal people?

If he's fiscally conservative and socially liberal *GASP* that makes him Libertarian!

How do you figure that?

I'm fiscally conservative/socially liberal - - - and think Libertarians are nuts.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

No, it's not just a reiteration of the 1st Amendment, it's an adaptation. A specific one at that.

Congress shall not infringe on freedom of religion.

How is that an adaption?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Agreed trump did not "Promise" to do ANYTHING really.

Yes he did. He promised to end illegal immigration trespassing by aliens. He promised to invigorate the economy. He promised to make it harder for American corporations to move jobs overseas.

He mentioned ways these can be accomplshed... a wall, regulation reform, renegotiating trade deals, tarriffs...

What he didn't promise, what he didn't mention, was doing ANYTHING prior to his inauguration. That was probably by design, because, you know, HE ISN'T PRESIDENT YET.

There really is a truckload of hypocrisy going on. By my count, Obama didn't get any blame from the 'left' for six years after his inauguration... it was still Bush's fault. Now those self-same people are trying to put blame on Trump before he is even inaugurated. And I tell you straight... it is dishonest, disgusting, and despicable to see what these real deplorables are doing.

Personally, I think it's a combination of two things: childish tantrums to get their way, and fear that he might actually do some good and show everyone up.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You seem confused or unaware. No one is attacking Trump for failing on his promises...only pointing out that he has in recent days walked back those promises..precisely the ones you cite..are we forbidden from listening to him? Are we only aloud to hold him to the words you want to hear? What nonsense. When he says he will or will not do something I take him at his word...more so as a president elect. Are you aware of how he has modified his policy on illegal immigration? Healthcare? And yes marriage equality? He has spoken directly and succinctly on the issues since winning the election. How insane that you are angry that people listen to him.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join