It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does another 180 from the campaign...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
He has a lot of gay friends, you think he would chase them with pitchforks? nonsense. He doesnt give a damn about it, and you are right he might be more social liberal than most people on the left! oh this is going to be fun!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Ugh. Fun is the last thing this will be. If Pence continues on and succeeds at his plan to change the LGBT communities rights and freedoms as fellow American people, this will be extremely ugly and disastrous for many.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14

Ugh. Fun is the last thing this will be. If Pence continues on and succeeds at his plan to change the LGBT communities rights and freedoms as fellow American people, this will be extremely ugly and disastrous for many.

Nope..

Worst case he pisses the country off and the GOP gets touted in 2 then 4 years.

However if they abandon the social stuff. Who knows they might save the gop

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Exactly.

Socially Liberal and fiscally Conservative, one can only hope!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Even I, would look at a republican party like that. But I don't see it in Trump's choices for advisors.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I see your point. His views aren't as easily accepted nowadays. Too much time has been spent getting people to be okay with it all that now most will support LGBT rather than be against them.
edit on 14-11-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Pence is a puppet imposed by the republicans, you know who was the first choice was and how we got duped out.

They wont control Trump.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I would be not be surprised if he does a 180 on NAFTA. I find it hard to believe he will actually follow through with Tariffs.

"1. Trump's biggest weapon: Unlimited tariffs 'during time of war'
Trump could invoke the "Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917" to hit Mexico and China with tariffs as high as he wants. Under the law, the president can restrict all types of trade "during time of war." That definition is very loose though.
America doesn't have to be at war with China or Mexico -- it just has to be "at war" somewhere in the world in order to apply tariffs against China or Mexico."

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

*Chuckle* Either it's part of some grand scheme or they really can't and Trump becomes another JFK...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

When did he ever come out against gay marriage?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

When did he ever come out against gay marriage?

Donald Trump: ‘I’ll overturn the shocking gay marriage decision – trust me’

Just trust him.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Trump is planning on stopping Late Term abortions. Will reinforce definitions of the exceptions to mean Critical/Life threatening conditions only.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

oh I have been thinking about that, seeing how things are in the streets, something really bad might happen in that sense..

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

By next week Trump will probably say he's okay with making pot legal! That would really be over the top!

He basically already has. He will federally legalize medical and leave recreational up to the states. All we have to do is get our state to legalize it. Many states are edging closer to legalization due to the huge tax revenues that are being seen from states like Colorado.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

Yep, Trump also brought in a lot of those old Reagan Democrats. People are calling them Trump Democrats now. Trump brought a lot of Democrats under the Republican tent this election.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The position of the President of the United States, aside from being executive oversight on government and military, is specifically to enforce the laws of the nation.

That means what he signs into law (coming from house and senate) should be constitutional by his views. That means appointing judges who will rule on issues based on the constitution and the spirit of its writing. That means doing what he can to improve or correct any lack of clarity or behavior concerning the existing legal intents which he is charged with ensuring are executed according to the law of the land. Everything is always first, middle and last, about the constitution, because that is literally what creates, defines, and empowers his position.

That is THE JOB. That's it.

The job is not about making sure preschool children have breakfast or "racial justice" whatever that is (one of HRC's top-level primary platform mandates according to her website -- the term alone makes my knee jerk). It is about making sure that the government, economy, and national security are sufficiently in place that the states - counties - cities which ARE in charge of those things have the resources and situation to arrange for them.

In other words the president is not mommy seeing to your breakfast or your special needs; it is daddy making sure that everyone has a place to live, is secure on your property, there's utilities, and funds to arrange for shoes and dinner.

She should have been running at the state level to push for legislation for the long list of "special needs and niche interests" which were instead her entire campaign (well half the campaign. The other half seemed to be "the demonization of my opponent" which DJT certainly helped with his comments at times). She put forth a business plan that was more like she thought she was applying to head an HR (human resources) department, than that she was applying to be CEO.

President is CEO. It's about the nation as a whole. ALL its citizens.

DJT did everything based on "America is a great nation."
HRC implied that "nationalism" was a moral crime.

I suspect some of this matters to people who actually know what job their votes are hiring for.

RC

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk
Trump is planning on stopping Late Term abortions. Will reinforce definitions of the exceptions to mean Critical/Life threatening conditions only.

It is vastly more likely given his nature that he will simply agree to support that this be allowed for critical reasons at the federal level (so everywhere), but that the individual states will decide whether abortion can be done on whim instead.

I'm liberal about everything except constitution and economy, but I don't fear his intervention in social issues. The right holds all the power right now -- Trump is likely to *mitigate* their tendency to extremism. Please God let DJT stay Prez so we don't get Mike! MP would make everybody really, really miss Trump.

RC

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Saying your god will kidnap some ones soul and torture it for all eternity could rightfully be considered hate speech.

Why??

Hey, my Invisible friend who lives in my closet will eat your eyeballs because your last name is a swear word!

Hate speech?

No its just a claim with no provable enforcement. You choose to believe in my closet buddy suddenly enough to consider it a threat of some form?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Is there some reason people try to imagine campaign promises so they can say Trump broke them?

Exactly when did Trump promise to end gay marriage?

Here's an idea... how about waiting until he breaks one to start accusing him? Might be more... oh, I don't know... believable?

TheRedneck

I know. It is fun to watch people make up alleged policies he 'promised' just so they can say he flipped. Must be exhausting for them,

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I find it most amusing that the left saw Armageddon coming from a Trump presidency, and now that he is moderating many of his positions (as many who voted for him expected he would) the left is even more terrified of him.

I suspect the real fear there is that he might actually do a half decent job.

I "find it amusing" in that your definition of "half decent job" is premised on him reversing his positions to be more in line with Democrats.

Seriously..

No immigration force..
No rounding up illegal immigrants...except for what we are already doing with Criminal Illegals.
Keeping the provision on pre-existing conditions and kids on parents plans...aka keep the mandate..
Supports marriage equality for LGBT...Law of the land..
On 60 minutes he seemed to shrug as he said the "wall" might be a fence.
Hell...By the time he takes office he will probably be selling Universal Healthcare/Single payer/Socialized medicine.

Fun times.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join