It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media Patterns Show Trump Is Looking at a Landslide Victory

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I guess it's just because this is a popular thread, or will soon turn out to be one.

The oddest thing to me is why people flock to these political circus thread so quickly and fanatically. There's some serious mind control playing out right in the midst of a supposed conspiracy website.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

I would suggest it's the current culture. Lots of folks know something is not right and search for information. ATS being a good haven for it...well most of the time. Political affiliations aside, it's a culmination of the past 15 years of government doing things that clearly do not suite the majority of Americans.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Politics is a hot topic in 2016, from the US presidential election to Brexit. Many topics on here are fleeting reads about UFO's or the Mandela Effect, but this is a subject many people from all walks of life are vested in and more interested in debating. Quite frankly, it's the most entertaining as well.

If it's any consolation this is technically a conspiracy thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
But one tough question:
What is 88% of the population going to do when Hillary "wins"?

Very simple country wide (STAND DOWN)

We have them here at the mine every time safety number go the wrong way
everybody stop

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Quite frankly, it's the most entertaining as well.

I know what you mean. I only do it for the inherent girls & drugs.

edit on 12-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
a reply to: JinMI

I guess it's just because this is a popular thread, or will soon turn out to be one.

The oddest thing to me is why people flock to these political circus thread so quickly and fanatically. There's some serious mind control playing out right in the midst of a supposed conspiracy website.

if I could give you more than one star I would.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I said this in another thread, but it's appropriate here.

I've made over 7,000 posts. Of all of them, I hope this one sinks in the most.

We know that MSM, Apple, Google, etc are pushing for Hillary.

Now imagine that the worst polls for Trump are correct.

That means that even with almost all the media and social media giants pushing for Hillary, she still can't get over 50% support.

I'll let that sink in.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The partisan divide in this country is almost as manufactured as Hilary's support.

I live in Texas, so again you are partly correct. My parents were Sanders supporters, they are going Trump now. Most of my extended family have been very long time democrats. Not this time. People aren't as stupid as they are made out to be. Everybody knows that this election is do or die.

This isn't about republican or democrat. That is what populist movements do. They break stuff. Nobody believes that Trump is far right. Everybody I know that actually cares about whatever issue, sees him as a centrist. They know full well that he can't deliver on his grand promises because nobody has in the last 35 years.

Trump is a vessel, in that vessel is a message from the American people to its pseudo-representatives. They have refused to listen for so long that they don't even know what they are hearing now. The ones that do hear it don't believe it. The few that do believe it are so scared that they are jumping sides to support business as usual.

Make no mistake. It's different this time.

If the ballot fails, the bullets will follow. Nobody wants that. But fewer and fewer are willing to be sheep now.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It is nearly impossible for Trump, or any Republican to win the presidency ever again, the demographics are just so heavily skewed towards democrats. And that doesn't even account for the unprecedented corruption and bias in the media. The USA is on an unstoppable march toward communism, the world is on an unstoppable march towards global government, neo-feudalism is inevitable.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
We are at that point in the cycle where the right demands to ignore the polls. and in 3 months, the right will then be scratchign their heads as to how the polls were actually right.

I feel bad for the bubble. both sides are in a bubble, but the right's bubble is significantly smaller..especially with Trump.

The tweens will overwhelmingly go with chillary verses someone they believe wants to shoot mexicans and muslims on sight. this is a marketing issue. the left has done an amazing job to make Trump look like a rabid dog..and tbh, his own words are the biggest killers. You dont have to like this, but that doesn't mean it will go away.

Branding.

Right on point. Anyone remember the GOP's autopsy of the 2012 election? Perfect proof of the bubble.

It has reached the point where in the past six presidential elections, four have gone to the Democratic nominee, at an average yield of 327 electoral votes to 211 for the Republican. During the preceding two decades, from 1968 to 1988, Republicans won five out of six elections, averaging 417 electoral votes to Democrats’ 113.1

Public perception of the Party is at record lows. Young voters are increasingly rolling their eyes at what the Party represents, and many minorities wrongly think that Republicans do not like them or want them in the country. When someone rolls their eyes at us, they are not likely to open their ears to us.

Growth & Opportunity Project

That's not my assessment, that's straight from the GOP. You have major issues with young and minority voters.... What does the base do? Back the most obnoxious candidate who bashes minorities every other day. Yet post 2016 election they'll be doing one of two things, either scratching their heads confused as to what happened or they'll just say the liberal establishment fixed the election. They refuse to take into account how others outside of their bubble perceive them.

Credit to the GOP establishment in at least trying to take an honest look at the party. Unfortunately, the base has different ideas about where they want the party to be.

The Dems aren't far behind. A large portion of the base has convinced themselves that HRC is a quality candidate because the alternative is terrible. Truth is, HRC is a terrible candidate herself. I actually think she's more than adequate administratively (email hacks? welcome to the digital era), and from most accounts she's intelligent as well. Unfortunately, the office requires a lot from a person to be effective and there are areas where she leaves a lot to be desired. She's not personable. The people that dislike her reeeeaaallly dislike her. She's a corporate shill and because of her off-putting personality she has a hard time convincing moderates to swing to her side. You can tell she hates the public relations part of the job, and, for all intents and purposes, it's a big part of the job.

If you're a true moderate, you're just shaking your head at these two groups.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Also add ATS to the social media polls.
ATS has trump at 99% with 1% going to
Well you know who
LOL😂😂😂 SO SAD BUT SO TRUE . . . .OH CRAP😭😭😭

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Pussy 2016!!! 😻😻😻#FELINEFTW

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
The partisan divide in this country is almost as manufactured as Hilary's support.

Yes and no. People in the US really aren't all that far apart politically, but most people pick a team and root for their policies without understanding them, just because they want to cheer for someone as if it's a football team.

I live in Texas, so again you are partly correct. My parents were Sanders supporters, they are going Trump now. Most of my extended family have been very long time democrats. Not this time. People aren't as stupid as they are made out to be. Everybody knows that this election is do or die.

I don't know that this election is do or die. Honestly, it's the least engaging election of my life. It's two unappealing candidates, who current rhetoric aside are almost identical on the issues. Every election is always billed as the most consequential election of our times because it's a good way to market things and motivate people to vote (especially first time voters who might not know any better). The reality though is that only one election is the most consequential, and something is also going to be the least consequential. I strongly believe that this is the least important election in the country in the past 100 years, and possibly ever. It may even be the least important of any election in the future.

It literally just doesn't matter. On the one hand is a career politician with a body trail who almost everyone hates, and 75% of Congress doesn't want to work with. On the other hand is a blowhard who almost everyone in DC hates, and 75% of Congress doesn't want to work with.

What's the difference?

If the partisan divide where people just root for a team didn't exist, every state in the country would be purple this election because there's no difference between either candidate.

If the ballot fails, the bullets will follow. Nobody wants that. But fewer and fewer are willing to be sheep now.

In the way you mean, the ballot has already failed. You have a center right in Hillary and a center left in Trump. No one wants to work with either, and neither knows a good idea if it hit them upside the head.
edit on 12-8-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Both are "wheeler-dealers", which is a good thing.

The difference is Trump mostly had to play within the rules and laws because of who he is, a private-public person.

Hillary did not have to play within the rules because of who she is, the First-Scammer in Chief.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
One may be unappealing, but the other appalling.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Both are "wheeler-dealers", which is a good thing.

The difference is Trump mostly had to play within the rules and laws because of who he is, a private-public person.

Hillary did not have to play within the rules because of who she is, the First-Scammer in Chief.

Did he though? We know he bought members of Congress, he readily admits it. Was he possibly "donating" money to some of these people too? Maybe his tax returns could tell us that.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

But one tough question:
What is 88% of the population going to do when Hillary "wins"?

Just wait for more WikiLeaks stuff to come out before the election...that 88% may revolt against DNC and Clintons...treason anyone?
edit on 12-8-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Is this taking in account all of the people who follow/watch trump just for what he says? Just because he has more followers on social media doesn't mean that he's going to win anything. I haven't read through the whole thread so I don't know if anyone has brought that point up yet (I'm sure it has been, but still). I support neither of these candidates btw, and would lean more towards trump that Hillary, but social media followers mean nothing. I often follow people that I don't like, just for the "two sides to every story" angle. Or to just be nosy.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
These numbers you've presented has nothing to do with polls; they show that Trump is a more interesting character and people are interested with what he says, but that interest is not 1 sided in his favour. Someone not interested in American politics would be much more likely to watch a Trump live stream than a Hillary one because people want to hear him say something crazy or diss someone up in real time. People that don't like him follow him on twitter just to see what he's going to say next. All around the world people are tuning in to hear what the man's saying because of all the hype that surrounds him, and this is what those stats say, not that he's ahead in the polls

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join