It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local activist files suit for access to exit polling data, Dead witness blocks path to truth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: IAMTAT

So is Ramoblina, and a few others.

Read this comment about 'arrow spammers:' Link

Other people also caught on.

I have never seen this in the many years I've been a closeted DM-frequenter.

ETA:

Here's a running list. Several of these people have been called out by other commenters:

Tonita
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Rambolina
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Beep-Boop-Beep 1000
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Brooklyn_Ky
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Karen Bishop
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now THIS says there is a sophisticated coordinated effort that is anti-Trump/pro-Hillary.

It is very obvious though..and that leaves me scratching my head.

Well. it looks like those pages have a button to report abuse.
Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It's very weird but what purpose does it serve? Unless it contributes to national polling?. I mean, they're just voting on comments. Wouldn't Correct the Record spend more time on something more substantial?

Or is this just a form of bullying to keep pro-Trump people away?

Also, I can't see how this is making them look better. It'll only make the Trump people dig their heels in more and independent voters more suspicious of their intentions.

It only serves to confirm that Hillary and her people's supporters are corrupt, shameful idiots.

I would imagine new readers and possibly other media folks visiting the site will be more likely to give the comments with the most green arrows more credibility. They may also think it means the readership is more simpatico with the viewpoints with the highest ratings.

edit on 17-8-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I cannot disagree...it makes them looks bad. It's obvious.

So why? Do they want to look bad?

None-the-less, here it is for all to witness for some purpose. I'll be mulling over the possibilities, for sure.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It says they have no moderators. Perhaps they should have...Perhaps that's why CTR is so active there.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Here's an interesting thing to consider. The Daily Mail is primarily a British publication, is it not? I know it has an international readership, but I would still think that it's primary audience is in the U.K.

That being the case, what impact would such a thing have on U.S politics?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Daily Mail has a huge U.S. readership...and primarily conservative. They also report stories that are favorable to conservatives and unfavorable to liberals, which the U.S. media neglects...or so i have seen expressed many times by commenters.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It says they have no moderators. Perhaps they should have...Perhaps that's why CTR is so active there.

Some articles are moderated, and some are not.

The decisions behind when they do or don't moderate comments to a story are an interesting topic of debate, IMO.

For example, you will NEVER see a story dealing with a race issue that allows unmoderated comments.

Also, they use filters, even if comments are unmoderated on an article. For example, I couldn't even type in Loretta Lynch's last name.

Lynch was taboo.

ETA: And I see some people use words that I cannot get through the filters. I sometimes wonder if their filters are so sophisticated, they are specific to individuals.

edit on 17-8-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Daily Mail has a huge U.S. readership...and primarily conservative. They also report stories that are favorable to conservatives and unfavorable to liberals, which the U.S. media neglects...or so i have seen expressed many times by commenters.

It's also carried and linked to extremely frequently by Drudge and his millions of readers.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: texasgirl

It's very weird but what purpose does it serve? Unless it contributes to national polling?. I mean, they're just voting on comments. Wouldn't Correct the Record spend more time on something more substantial?

Or is this just a form of bullying to keep pro-Trump people away?

Also, I can't see how this is making them look better. It'll only make the Trump people dig their heels in more and independent voters more suspicious of their intentions.

It only serves to confirm that Hillary and her people's supporters are corrupt, shameful idiots.

I would imagine new readers and possibly other media folks visiting the site will be more likely to give the comments with the most green arrows more credibility. They may also think it means the readership is more simpatico with the viewpoints with the highest ratings.

There are enough of these 'arrow spammers' to think you are probably right. I have found a couple more...

They gather on the same articles and their gigantic numbers blend in when a few others are peppered in.

I'm not sure they realize they are as obvious as they are.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ok further musings.

Considering that DM is generally a conservative outlet, it follows a fair number of their readers are as well.

It might be an attempt to demoralize those who would oppose Hillary rather than trying to steer the thoughts in their directions. That would be an effective use because they would know that they would not likely be able to sway any opinions, but if they can tarnish the shine, well then that's a win too.

And MME, what's obvious to us is not always obvious to those further down in the cave.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I really hope people interested in Correct the Record are paying attention to this...

Here is my current list of Hillbots somehow inflating support for their comments at the Daily Mail:

Tonita
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Rambolina
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Beep-Boop-Beep 1000
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Brooklyn_Ky
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Karen Bishop
www.dailymail.co.uk...

booyahstew
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Probos
www.dailymail.co.uk...

beckimouse — 24, 000 green arrows for 24 comments in 24 hours.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's a coordinated effort. It's organized and consistent.

I am derailing this thread...would anyone be interested if I started one on this subject?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I am seeing that. Anyone who does not spend a gross amount of time at the Daily Mail, like me, would likely just think these posters are saying what everyone agrees with.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

would anyone be interested if I started one on this subject?

I would.

I was guilty of derailing as well but that happens from time to time.

It is very interesting and pertinent, though, that the details of the story seem to have changed and then there is the issue of the inconsistencies you've discovered as well.

Those types of observations are not derailing in any way so keep those coming.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Your excellent research warrents a new thread !!

Get going before some CtR people bury it.

I will pre-flag and pre-star ahead of the onslaught !!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Start a thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I wanted to jump back in to this conversation since we kind of got side tracked (but you did end up making a great new thread about it, so it's all good) and make a few more observations:

“We want to get this solved, that’s the number one thing,” his father said in an interview with Daily Mail.

This is the overall goal, yes? To solve the crime.

Later on:

“We can’t bring Seth back but we can try to make the city safer and take away the person who wanted to go after someone just for a cellphone,” Rich continued.

The only problem is, Seth still had his cell phone on him along with any other readily available valuable item. The police are having a difficult time maintaining robbery as a motive since it did not occur:

Although burglary was initially speculated as the reason for Rich’s death, there has been ongoing Internet rumors surmising that the DNC staffer’s death may have been related to the recent WikiLeaks DNC email hack.

Unless I am mistaken, burglary is of a premises, I don't think a person can be "burgled." So that throws up a flag for me, but maybe it's just poor journalism and someone not knowing the difference between robbery and burglary.

Anyway, the story then goes on to mention Wikleaks and the possibility that Seth was involved with the DNC leaks. All well and good except that it also goes on to mention the idea that he was going to meet with the FBI. It has been shown that that aspect of the story traces back to Sorcha Faal. To me, this is a deliberate attempt to discredit the entire notion that Seth was involved with the DNC leaks.

The idea that Seth was involved with the DNC leaks is totally separate from the fake story he was going to meet with the FBI and yet the two are conflated in this piece. Is that on purpose, and if so, for what purpose?

The article ends thus:

Rich’s father said that while he is pleased with any additional reward that could help bring the perpetrator to justice, he believes the rumors circulating about his son’s possible involvement with WikiLeaks are “bizarre.”

“I hope the additional money helps find out who did this,” But, he said, “I don’t want to play WikiLeaks’ game.”

By making it seem as though WikiLeaks is playing some sort of "game," there is an attempt to portray their cause (that of disseminating information those in power do not want publicized) as a laughable one and something not to be given due consideration.

All of this is very subtle and makes me question things even more.

Source article for external quotes.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

thank you for posting

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I just went and looked up the progress of this lawsuit and found something that might be interesting to you...

On May 11, 2017 the Defendant's Motion to Dismiss was GRANTED.
Link

Four days later, Wheeler's story hit the news and everyone has been laser-focused on Seth/Wikileaks ever since. The timing is pretty amazing to me though.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

That is indeed very interesting.

We have a lawsuit that was filed against a company regarding voter fraud and one of the potential Witnesses is murdered the day before the lawsuit is filed. Now, nearly a year later, the lawsuit has been dismissed.

I wonder what the reason for the dismissal was?

Great find btw!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join