It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I can't recall any time there was a police shooting where there was only one shot or where they didn't keep shooting until the target was dead or could no longer move.

So if the cop shot because he thought there was a danger then what made him feel the danger ended?

Nothing about the official police version of the story makes sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

On the news this morning they said the cop was aiming at the autistic man, thinking him to be the one with the gun. But , if you look, you can see the thing in his hand is not a gun.

The cop is just luck he only wounded the care giver.

Why would they handcuff the caretaker if the autistic man was the target?

That is like me attempting to rescue a hostage but instead of shooting the perp, I shoot the hostage and place the hostage in handcuffs

KInd of odd you would say that.

That is just what happened in this case.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

originally posted by: mOjOm
Honestly though, as interesting as this story is I'm actually more interested in hearing what the excuses will be and the various ways this will be played down as "Nothing to see here". I'm not sure how it will be done but I know it will happen.

It's easy to see where they will go with it though. The autistic man sitting beside him had a toy truck that the officers were convinced was actually a firearm despite the therapist telling them it was a toy truck because they have no reason to believe the word of a civilian. Those officers feared for their lives after repeated orders to drop the firearm (toy truck) were not followed. Officers acted within department policy. Case closed.

Never speak in a public forum again. You are poison, your opinions are poison.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The gun is the solution to everything.

Police Shoot Unarmed Man With His Hands Up

Lesson learned. If black, do not put up your hands, run!

At least when you run, you make it harder to hit the target. So, you're less likely to get hit by the bullet.

When you stay put, you're just an easy target.

Why make it so easy for the cops to shoot you?

The only excuse they need, is the color of your skin.

Black means "shoot", White means "arrest".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

The gun is the solution to everything.

Police Shoot Unarmed Man With His Hands Up

Lesson learned. If black, do not put up your hands, run!

At least when you run, you make it harder to hit the target. So, you're less likely to get hit by the bullet.

When you stay put, you're just an easy target.

Why make it so easy for the cops to shoot you?

The only excuse they need, is the color of your skin.

Black means "shoot", White means "arrest".

these thugs and animals will shoot someone in the back

there is no recourse. the more i see, the more it makes me less sympathetic when these pigs get cut down by assault rifle fire

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
So, now the story is that the cop was just a bad shot...

The North Miami police officer who shot an unarmed, black mental health worker caring for a patient actually took aim at the autistic man next to him, but missed, the head of the police union said Thursday.

Source

this is DISGUSTING.

My god...I don't wish harm on any innocent officers, but if some ex military nutjob in florida wants to single out and ACE that POS cop, by all means I will not shed a TEAR.

He's an animal that needs to be put down

Along with the criminally stupid who would post such a thing?

I'll refrain from insulting you, but I will say that apathetic attitudes like yours towards cops shooting unarmed civilians are fueling the anger and resentment that is leading men to pick up guns and mete out "justice" against these thug LEOs.
edit on 22-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

warning shots were legalized in Florida after a woman fired a warning shot towards her violent abusive husband a few years ago and given a 15 year sentence. Legislators changed the law and the woman was freed on appeal. So yes, warning shots are allowed in Florida.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The North Miami police officer who shot an unarmed, black mental health worker caring for a patient actually took aim at the autistic man next to him, but missed, the head of the police union said Thursday.

Source

this is DISGUSTING.

My god...I don't wish harm on any innocent officers, but if some ex military nutjob in florida wants to single out and ACE that POS cop, by all means I will not shed a TEAR.

I'll refrain from insulting you, but I will say that apathetic attitudes like yours towards cops shooting unarmed civilians are fueling the anger and resentment that is leading men to pick up guns and mete out "justice" against these thug LEOs.

F# it then. Let's just go to war. That's what you want isn't it? I'll be standing with the police.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Source

this is DISGUSTING.

F# it then. Let's just go to war. That's what you want isn't it? I'll be standing with the police.

I have no interest in going to "war" or killing police officers. I am just telling you, your apathy towards police brutality is helping to fuel what we are seeing happening.

what "war" do you want to get into? a race war? is this what you want to happen?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

What are now those guys who always defend the police gonna say ?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

I agree with the commander here

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

all we have is one side of the story.
i want to hear the officer's side of what happened before making a judgment.

Actually we do have it. He said he was aiming at the Autistic man and planned to shoot him to save the life the therapist. And he missed all three shots he fired from his assault rifle but managed to wound the person he was trying to "save." After hearing that I am left with only two believable options: either (1) he was told to make up a heroic story by the police union to stave of potential lawsuits or (2) if he is telling the truth, he is one of the stupidest men ever to don a police uniform.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

all we have is one side of the story.
i want to hear the officer's side of what happened before making a judgment.

Actually we do have it. He said he was aiming at the Autistic man and planned to shoot him to save the life the therapist. And he missed all three shots he fired from his assault rifle but managed to wound the person he was trying to "save." After hearing that I am left with only two believable options: either (1) he was told to make up a heroic story by the police union to stave off potential lawsuits or (2) if he is telling the truth, he is one of the stupidest men ever to don a police uniform.
edit on 22-7-2016 by metatrope because: The voices said I had to.. maybe this will make them stop.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KyleRubi

Being one of those people,I would refer you to my post on the last page.

This officer should voluntarily resign.

There is no excuse..

Punishment should be decided by court.but if this man has any conscious at all he would do the right thing.

Resign and publicly apologize..

With all do respect,
~ meathead

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Source

this is DISGUSTING.

I have no interest in going to "war" or killing police officers. I am just telling you, your apathy towards police brutality is helping to fuel what we are seeing happening.

what "war" do you want to get into? a race war? is this what you want to happen?

Oh don't give me that crap. You may not have the balls to get your hands dirty, but you certainly don't mind someone else doing the killing for you.

You said he's an animal that needs to be put down... based on half a #ing video and I'm the one fueling the fire?

Biased reporting by the media and gullible people like yourself are causing chaos.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Which faction of this common discussion is making this about race, exactly?

Some reports I've read say that the officer was black himself.

Handy how you don't see the officer on the MSM when that's the case.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

City officials expressed outrage at a news conference Friday but said an investigation was necessary to determine what happened. They added that a police commander, Emile Hollant, had given conflicting statements to an investigator in relation to the incident, but did not provide details. He has been suspended without pay.

link

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

This is so messed up

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The man was sitting half Indian style,fiddling with a WHITE toy truck..

Point.. Not saying they don't exist.but when was the last time any of u see a white handgun..

The caregiver is screaming it's a toy.

The man was handling the "gun" like a rubics cube..

Point.. Not holding it aggressively ,at arms length aiming down range..

The care give is screaming don't shoot, he's autistic it's a toy...

If the officer mishandled his weapon and fired accidentally.. Or

He chose to take out this "threat" should have positioned himself in a manner that would notcause the peaceful civilian lying on his back with hands up scared for his life to be in his path of fire..or let another officer with a better vantage point take the shot..

Did his ar have a scope?
He could not identify what the "perp" was holding... Yet felt comfortable taking the shot knowing a man was in the line of fire?

Either way I feel it was serious incompetence, Be it judgment or gun handling,

He's a danger to the people he was sworn to protect and a real disgrace to the men in blue..

No race baiting..
No rhetoric...

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 22-7-2016 by Mike Stivic because: notsosmart phone issues..

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

True

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join