It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This video is pretty brutal, and shows the tunnel vision that Police have experienced on more than one occasion, but at least this guy got out with a flesh wound, many usually eat lead and die. Ill put up a compilation soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
a reply to: DeadFoot

first of all, even though I think running is FOOLISH...it does not warrant a SHOOTING or a TASING which could result in instant death or possible cardiac arrest. You are expressing that it does, which is wrong

I never said that. Quote where I did.

You've been asked twice now.

You're making stuff up.

i don't think anyone who disagrees with me is out to get me.

Then stop making # up.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
I would agree, however, to shoot the victim when he is on the ground, and not the person who they were called about is what is also chilling. Shoot the victim and you do not know why you pulled the trigger?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

So the cop just woke up after 4 years on the job and decided "You know what, I think I'm gonna go shoot me a black man today." Yeah. Sounds plausible.

Yes it is plausible, people can burn out and simply snap in high stress jobs.....

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
this policeman was formally arrested and is now facing felony charges.

North Miami Police Department officer Jonathan Aledda was charged with attempted manslaughter, a felony, and culpable negligence, a misdemeanor, according to the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s office.

The shooting of behavioral therapist Charles Kinsey, who was with and caring for a severely autistic man when he was shot, was one in a series of police shootings of black men across the United States to raise questions about police use of force and civil rights.

Aledda defended his actions last July, saying “I did what I had to do in a split second.” The Miami-Dade Police Benevolent Association, which is representing Aledda, was not immediately available for comment.

The officer was responding to reports of a man with a gun and apparently was aiming at the autisic man when he shot Kinsey, according to an affidavit supporting the arrest warrant filed with the state court for Miami-Dade County.

Kinsey had followed police commands and was lying on the ground at the time he was shot. He had been trying to get the autistic man back to a nearby group home from which he had wandered. Hilton Napoleon, a lawyer for Kinsey, was not immediately available for comment.

Initial calls to 911 emergency dispatchers reported a man, possibly suicidal, with a gun in his hand, which led to the arrival of 16 police officers, including Aledda. What a caller thought was a gun turned out to be a toy tanker truck held by the autistic man, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit said the autistic man, who is now 27 and has an IQ of 40, needed around-the-clock supervision.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

Thanks for the update. Good to know that the system is working.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join