It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
So, now the story is that the cop was just a bad shot...

The North Miami police officer who shot an unarmed, black mental health worker caring for a patient actually took aim at the autistic man next to him, but missed, the head of the police union said Thursday.

Source

this is DISGUSTING.

My god...I don't wish harm on any innocent officers, but if some ex military nutjob in florida wants to single out and ACE that POS cop, by all means I will not shed a TEAR.

He's an animal that needs to be put down

Along with the criminally stupid who would post such a thing?

I'll refrain from insulting you, but I will say that apathetic attitudes like yours towards cops shooting unarmed civilians are fueling the anger and resentment that is leading men to pick up guns and mete out "justice" against these thug LEOs.

F# it then. Let's just go to war. That's what you want isn't it? I'll be standing with the police.

I have no interest in going to "war" or killing police officers. I am just telling you, your apathy towards police brutality is helping to fuel what we are seeing happening.

what "war" do you want to get into? a race war? is this what you want to happen?

Oh don't give me that crap. You may not have the balls to get your hands dirty, but you certainly don't mind someone else doing the killing for you.

You said he's an animal that needs to be put down... based on half a #ing video and I'm the one fueling the fire?

Biased reporting by the media and gullible people like yourself are causing chaos.

No one is doing any killing in my name.

And yes, that cop deserves to be put down...he shot an unarmed man for no good reason. he deserves what he metes out

you don't know what I have the balls to do. not from behind the safety of your keyboard, that's for sure ace

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Lesson learned. If black, do not put up your hands, run!

At least when you run, you make it harder to hit the target. So, you're less likely to get hit by the bullet.

I sincerely hope nobody takes this horrible advice.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

At least when you run, you make it harder to hit the target. So, you're less likely to get hit by the bullet.

Not sure what's so bad about his advice

put your hands up? death

run? death

might as well crawl up into a ball and beg the SS er I mean police to make it swift!!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Rational discussion seems to have taken a vacation..

I should have stayed down in Below Top Secret...

*smacks own hand!

~meathead

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Not sure what's so bad about his advice

put your hands up? death

run? death

might as well crawl up into a ball and beg the SS er I mean police to make it swift!!

In which case you'd get cuffed and be arrested in 99.999% of cases which -- shockingly -- don't get make the news

Essentially what you folks are suggesting is adding resisting arrest to your potential charges, and really just increasing your chances of being shot/tased.

Citing this single example is not going to help you. This type of situation is far from common.
edit on 22-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

I'm being facetious obviously, but the fact that you are stating that resisting arrest by fleeing warrants a shooting speaks volumes about what people consider justifiable homicide by police.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Invicid

Excuse me?

Which opinion of mine is so poisonous that I should never post in a public forum again? You do know the post you quoted was in jest, right?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just adding an update..

YES..They are saying this was an accident

The officer is Jonathan Aledda, North Miami City Manager Larry Spring Jr. said at a press conference. Aledda, a four-year department veteran and a member of the SWAT team, has been placed on administrative leave.

Officer Jonathan Aledda has been placed on administrative leave.

YES...They tried to cover it up before they realized there was video

A second police officer, Emile Hollant, has also been placed on administrative leave without pay after giving conflicting statements to investigators, Spring said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I just read today that the cop said he was trying to shoot the autistic guy.

www.yahoo.com...

During a Thursday news conference, John Rivera, who runs Miami-Dade County's police union, said the officer believed Kinsey's patient was armed, and the officer was trying to shoot the patient in an attempt to save Kinsey's life.

edit on 22-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

warning shots were legalized in Florida after a woman fired a warning shot towards her violent abusive husband a few years ago and given a 15 year sentence. Legislators changed the law and the woman was freed on appeal. So yes, warning shots are allowed in Florida.

That's funny because in every other "cop shoots black man" thread, anytime someone suggests the cops should have shot a warning shot first, the cop apologists tell us how stupid that is.

But now that it may exonerate a cop it's a viable solution?

I don't buy it like I wouldn't buy the golden gate bridge off you.

edit on 22-7-2016 by FaunaOrFlora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Well, warning shots are not protected by legislation in most jurisdictions. Florida recently modified it for that reason. If its protected by law in this state, I would say it is a viable defense now.

But truly cops don't fire warning shots, it is in fact stupid. An officer is supposed to mean business. I sincerely doubt with all my heart that he was firing a warning shot. I firmly believe that he was just an undisciplined idiot that accidentally discharged his weapon.

But as you see, people are being held accountable. I credit this to Tampa's recently retired police chief helping the Miami PD meet its settlement goals with the Department of Justice. Jane Castor demands discipline and professionalism at 110%+ . Miami is big though, and full of Cuban and Haitian gangs, so there is bound to be more trouble down the road no matter how hard they try.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

the fact that you are stating that resisting arrest by fleeing warrants a shooting speaks volumes about what people consider justifiable homicide by police.

The way that you have to spin oppositional argument is what really speaks volumes.

Where is this fact of me stating that fleeing warrants a shooting?

You're really stretching here with that type of language.

I'm saying that running away from an officer is going to end up with a higher chance of you getting tased and possibly shot.
edit on 22-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I'm being facetious obviously, but the fact that you are stating that resisting arrest by fleeing warrants a shooting speaks volumes about what people consider justifiable homicide by police.

That's funny coming from a guy who just said a cop needs to be put down for accidentally shooting someone.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I reviewed the video tape and what all was stated and listened to the Police Union. Here is what I believe:
The police are in the wrong and that indeed the officer profiled the therapist, and shot him. Consider this, the call is made, that a person is walking with a loaded weapon, that means the person with something in their hands would be the danger. However, it was not the person with something in their hands that got shot, but the unarmed person, who probably had his hands up. He called out telling the officers what all is going on, pleading and begging them not to shoot, to which they did. This was not a mistake as the police union stated, but should be viewed as an assault with a deadly weapon on the part of the officer.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The thing is, I don't think that could ever be proven. While it might very well have been an assault by the officer who shot this man with full intent on shooting him. I just don't see how you could possibly prove it aside from the officer actually confessing to it.

I think the best you could possibly prove is misconduct or whatever you call it when a cop accidentally shoots an innocent person.

Because the main difference here would be decided based on the actual intent of the officer who took that shot and without him actually giving that up willingly we may never know exactly why he did it and without an confession it's just going to be seen as a cop who messed up and accidentally shot the guy.
edit on 22-7-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is the police response..

From Bearing Arms.com

North Miami SWAT Cop Shot Therapist In Order To “Save” Him From Unarmed Autistic Man

This is getting worse and worse.

The lack of competence in this particular police force is astounding.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

just give Jane some time. She will identify where the problem in training lies and do her best to get Miami PD in compliance with the DOJ settlement.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
In the meantime may I suggest new and improved white face make up to keep in your glove compartment so you don't get shot while police are gunning for the autisms.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is the police response..

From Bearing Arms.com

North Miami SWAT Cop Shot Therapist In Order To “Save” Him From Unarmed Autistic Man

This is getting worse and worse.

The lack of competence in this particular police force is astounding.

The fact he is SWAT makes it even worse.

Doesn't that stand for "special weapons blah, blah, blah"?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

This is the crux of the issue for me.

I'm not law enforcement, but my weapons and tactics training is equal to SWAT and I have seen NOTHING in this story that proves to me this SWAT unit is competent.

NOT. ONE. THING.

I'm at a complete loss of words or thoughts on this. I really don't know what to say that would shed light on this enough for it to make sense to ANYONE.

I just don't know...I just don't know.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join