It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlimK
a reply to: soulrebel11

Did they though? In the video you can clearly see the autistic kid face down with handcuffs on. Charles is lying on his back which would suggest he had no handcuffs on. Police officers are not restraining him in anyway but rather looking over him with concern. At this point I'm going to believe Charles told some lies. Do you really think a cop would reply with "I don't know"? He just wouldn't reply at all if he had intended to shoot him.

Why are you more inclined to believe the word of the officer over the man who was shot? You seem convinced that the man "told some lies"....why?

Police officers LIE and cover up all the time, that is no secret. And you ask if I really think a cop would respond that way? Are you kidding me? These cops are capable of being just as stupid as anyone else...they mistook an autistic man's toy truck for a gun among other things. I bet we would've heard a different story if Mr. Kinsey had been shot dead.
edit on 21-7-2016 by soulrebel11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: soulrebel11

It's this simple. They handcuffed the autistic boy. They very well might have handcuffed Charles but the fact is that they handcuffed the autistic boy first. That suggests he was the target. The cop is an idiot and fairly incompetent (his target was a pretty wide guy) but I fully believe that Charles was not a target at all and I believe their explanation. That was my theory before they even held that conference.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The video of the so-called explanation from Police union chief is the biggest load of crap I have heard in a long time.

The chief claims the officer fired to save the man he shot which is BS. Where in police training do they teach them to handcuff the victim?

They can't claim they accidentally shot the wrong guy and then handcuff him. The police really must think the public are all idiots if they tink we believe that bulls#it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I haven't seen the video of their excuse. But you're saying that the excuse they're going with was that the officer was trying to shoot the other innocent guy instead and missed??? Is that correct???

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yes, that is exactly what they are claiming. Someone posted the video a few pages back of the conference.

Which brings us to if they claim they accidentally shot the wrong guy that they claim they were trying to protect then why did they handcuff him and treat him as the criminal.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So the cover story is that the officer isn't incompetent for shooting an innocent man. He's incompetent for shooting an innocent man and missing his target of a different innocent man. Making him incompetent both at doing his job and incompetent at using a firearm.

Genius cover story guys.

They need to fire this officer for being incompetent as well as whoever came up with the cover story for being incompetent at making up good cover stories.

They should change their slogan to, "Miami PD. We're not just bad cops, we're bad liars too."

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I know it is the correct thing to say that we should wait for all information to come out before we have an opinion, but I honestly usually get a gut reaction to any of these tragedies, regardless of who the victim is.

So I have to say unless some profoundly clear new evidence comes up, it appears to me that the actions of this officer were inexcusable. He should immediately be put on leave and criminal charges should be pursued. If that is not done, I would be on the side of anyone protesting this event.

The only thing I have to add other than that is that I have almost exactly the same job as the man who was shot, I am a caretaker of people with various disabilities. I can say from experience that both police officers and the general public often have no idea how to handle people with disabilities, and often act out of fear. I wish that there was better training, particularly for officers on how to handle difficult situations with people with these challenges.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SlimK

I couldn't listen to all that he said, but for some strange reason, I found myself laughing halfway through his explanation. this is the best explanation they have? a "Gee, we thought the guy was in danger from the guy sitting in the middle of the road and acting strange, so we shot him"?? really??
I can think of quite a few explanations that would sound better than this one.

like gee, he was a rookie who needed to spend more time target practicing.
or he wasn't familiar with the gun and accidentally fired it..
or even a gee, with all the danged nuts running around taking pop shots at cops, the men are rather spooked!

any of those I would find believable, and forgivable..
but, the police union chief just doesn't sound too convincing with his story, at least what I heard of it. the video I saw the threat was sitting on the ground, his back facing the man supposedly threatened by him if I am remembering right.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
okay, rewatched the video, I was wrong, he was facing to the side.. wish they would have taped more of what happened because I really don't see where either of the two were acting in any threatening way. to each other or the cops.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

www.miamiherald.com...

Here's the explaination from the Police Union Chief. Damn I was close.

Oh sure...shoot the autist. And missed. Almost as good as dog ate my homework.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Miracula2
Why do you and others automatically assume the shooting officer was white? .

Because a black police officer would likely perceive the black man as a human being.

White police officers see a creature who has less morals than whites and is slightly evolved a little than apes.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

www.miamiherald.com...

Here's the explaination from the Police Union Chief. Damn I was close.

Oh sure...shoot the autist. And missed. Almost as good as dog ate my homework.

Hahaha yeah. They were worried about him, so they tried to shoot the other guy, missed and hit the guy they were concerned for.

And then promptly took the man they were supposedly concerned from and handcuffed him as he bled on the pavement.

Not buying it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here's the Miami PD's press conference. It's good for a laugh. Or a cry, depending on your disposition.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Notice how a lot of people in here who have been labeled as "Racists" by the usual left defense force posted in defense of the black man who got shot?

I thought that was worthy of a comment since the silly'ol leftist defense force neglects to acknowledge the unjustified labeling of these people here and in fact owes all of them a apology if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

Yep.

Laugh at all the fools who rushed to judgement and cried "racism" without knowing all the facts, yet again.

Or cry because your false narrative of "epidemic of racist cops hunting down and murdering black people" has fallen apart yet again.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Narrative? I barely made the two line minimum.
edit on 21-7-2016 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
It's pretty damaging to one's career if you become defined as an unsafe officer.

I would say it is a lot more damaging to the people they shoot than their careers wouldn't you?
Which is more important, peoples lives or officers careers?

The man did not get involved with the cops
They came to him
What do you propose he should do when an autistic person needs to be brought whom he is responsible for?
edit on 21-7-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

Just as in your use of "your","my use of You" did not mean you specifically, unless of course you you believe in the false narrative.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I see what "you" did there. This isn't a binary issue, it's not as black and white as you make it out to be. See what I did there?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: gladtobehere

That's just crazy. It's really almost unbelievable too. WTF is wrong with that cop???

Honestly though, as interesting as this story is I'm actually more interested in hearing what the excuses will be and the various ways this will be played down as "Nothing to see here". I'm not sure how it will be done but I know it will happen.

The timing of this is also incredible. Almost to the point that part of me is waiting for this to be exposed as a HOAX since I can't believe that any cop would be this dumb.

The excuse I have heard on a cop forum on reddit is that they tried to shoot the autistic guy holding the toy truck but missed.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join