It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The video doesnt show the actual shooting but there is footage of before and after.

I dont know what else the Black guy could have done to prove that he wasnt a threat?

Isnt it also relatively clear that the other guy has some type of mental issues?

Thankfully he's not dead, which probably would have triggered protests followed by who knows what.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

That's just crazy. It's really almost unbelievable too. WTF is wrong with that cop???

Honestly though, as interesting as this story is I'm actually more interested in hearing what the excuses will be and the various ways this will be played down as "Nothing to see here". I'm not sure how it will be done but I know it will happen.

The timing of this is also incredible. Almost to the point that part of me is waiting for this to be exposed as a HOAX since I can't believe that any cop would be this dumb.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
All officers involved are cowards. As the victim describes, it sounds as if the police never even attempted to handle the situation without their firearms.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Clearly, like all assailants, had been reaching for a gun behind his back. After that he attempted to run when through with accosting the police.

/sarc
edit on 20-7-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

Happy he made it out alive. IMO this very well reflects what is going on in this country with corruption yet most want to focus on the citizens that were acting out when it's not just them but innocent people as well that are abused and killed.
edit on 20-7-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Thank god he survived.

Who's this idiot that called the cops saying someone was threatening suicide with a gun? Unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'd be ok with 7 million for the old boy.......pick me for jury, I stand for justice for all..........

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Oh, great, here we go again...

Poor guy too.

He immediately struck me as being decent folk.
edit on 20-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Honestly though, as interesting as this story is I'm actually more interested in hearing what the excuses will be and the various ways this will be played down as "Nothing to see here". I'm not sure how it will be done but I know it will happen.

It's easy to see where they will go with it though. The autistic man sitting beside him had a toy truck that the officers were convinced was actually a firearm despite the therapist telling them it was a toy truck because they have no reason to believe the word of a civilian. Those officers feared for their lives after repeated orders to drop the firearm (toy truck) were not followed. Officers acted within department policy. Case closed.

link   
WTF man. Cop poorly trained on AR platform or something?

It seems to me from the video he's not at all a threat and you could tell the other guy is autistic. They really should have deescalated.

Guy that got shot seems super sweet too, I'm sure glad he survived. Guys and gals do me and everyone a favor. If you start filming a police standoff film the whole thing.

edit on 2020160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

all we have is one side of the story.
i want to hear the officer's side of what happened before making a judgment.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So I'm wondering here. The cop said I don't know why when he shot the guy. I'm wondering if the cop was using a glock.

www.latimes.com...

The underlying problem with these pistols is a short trigger pull and the lack of an external safety. In real-world encounters, a short trigger pull can be lethal, in part because a significant percentage of law enforcement officers — some experts say as high as 20% — put their finger on the trigger of their weapons when under stress. According to firearms trainers, most officers are completely unaware of their tendency to do this and have a hard time believing it, even when they're shown video evidence from training exercises.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

This is just utterly disgusting. I am at a loss of words.

SERIOUSLY??

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Glock, S&W, H&K... doesn't matter. What matters is, that cop had piss poor trigger discipline, if he had his finger on the trigger.
edit on 20-7-2016 by DAVID64 because: not assuming he did, just...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

He was shot with an "assault rifle" so pretty safe bet it was an AR15.

The reason NY cops are terrible with Glocks is because the department puts a RIDICULOUSLY heavy trigger in them in an attempt to curb accidental shootings. I think most anyone familiar with how Glocks fire would agree it's MORE dangerous. They also cited a case where a cop forgot to check the chamber before firing for takedown procedure. Yeah, that's not the guns fault and would have happened with a Sig too.
edit on 2020160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
It's easy to see where they will go with it though. The autistic man sitting beside him had a toy truck that the officers were convinced was actually a firearm despite the therapist telling them it was a toy truck because they have no reason to believe the word of a civilian. Those officers feared for their lives after repeated orders to drop the firearm (toy truck) were not followed. Officers acted within department policy. Case closed.

But then they'd be shooting the wrong guy which still makes them look like idiots.

I thought of that version but that would just as hard to explain as the one on the table now.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

everyone is filling in the blanks with "bad cop" mind set.

i don't believe the police officer just decided to shoot the guy.

there is more to the story..... the police officer's side.
it would be great if all the police officers involved had a body cameras.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
all we have is one side of the story.
i want to hear the officer's side of what happened before making a judgment.

What more do you need to hear?
The guy even said he asked the Cop why he shot him and the Cop said "I don't know."

Maybe it's a he said, he said thing, but the guy doesn't seem like a liar, everything else he said seemed to match up with the video pretty good.

I'm afraid all we'll get for the other side of the story is excuses and bulls#it, IF that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It's a pretty bizarre story. It looks absolutely terrible in just about any light I can imagine. The guy doesn't strike me as a liar so I actually (and I would normally jump on someone for this) believe what he said the cop told him.

My money is on dingussing the trigger. Cop doesn't know rifle, doesn't leave it with a round in the chamber so can't select SAFE. Racks a round, forgets that it's off SAFE, dingusses the trigger.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

A very interesting point.I did not know that.Thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The cop said I don't know why when he shot the guy. I'm wondering if the cop was using a glock.

I find the cops statement rather odd. Whether or not it was a glock, he shouldn't have been pointing his gun at this guy. If he would have had his gun pointing down toward the ground and it did accidently fire, this guy wouldn't have been shot. Police officers across this country need to be re-trained and know they will be held accountable if they shoot an unarmed suspect.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join