It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So if you believe them now, he was trying to shoot an unarmed autistic dude that was already known to be holding a toy truck via loud announcements, and then for some reason cuffed and stuffed the guy they "accidentally shot" because he was the one who's life was being threatened by the autistic guy.

Yeah. That all makes perfect sense. There new excuses just keep making them look worse.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I'm truly at a loss of words for this level of incompetence and the flagrant lying by the police.

Not only do I hope the cop who shot him goes to jail, but I hope that man sues the police department to the point of complete bankruptcy, as an organization that stupid and incompetent should not exist.
edit on 22 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
a reply to: Invicid

Excuse me?

Which opinion of mine is so poisonous that I should never post in a public forum again? You do know the post you quoted was in jest, right?

Yep,
I got the jest of your post and starred you

It is like saying, the Nazis walked the Jews into the ovens.
They did everything by the book.......

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Police want support and respect, but pull stunts like this. Something is clearly wrong with police training and policy. I expect more from the police who has everything at their disposal to handle any situation peacefully.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

warning shots were legalized in Florida after a woman fired a warning shot towards her violent abusive husband a few years ago and given a 15 year sentence. Legislators changed the law and the woman was freed on appeal. So yes, warning shots are allowed in Florida.

That's funny because in every other "cop shoots black man" thread, anytime someone suggests the cops should have shot a warning shot first, the cop apologists tell us how stupid that is.

But now that it may exonerate a cop it's a viable solution?

I don't buy it like I wouldn't buy the golden gate bridge off you.

The one that got shot should have complied or died
Oh wait, he was not the target and even complied

The one that got shot probably has a mile long criminal record.
Nope, that is not it either.

The one that got shot stole a piece of bubble gum from the candy store when he was 3.
Now we are getting somewhere....

Have to keep digging and they will find something to justify it.
But do not under any circumstances focus on the moments at hand that matter.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I had thought it was obvious especially within the context of all my other posts on the subject.

Though it appears by the stars on the post by Invicid that there are at least a couple individuals who would like me to never post again because I'm poison. So there is at least some encouragement to continue to spread my poisonous opinions.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

All the attorney has to do is convince a jury and showing the video's would be able to bring that conclusion in peoples minds.

No one has seen the body cam or the dash cam video's that the police may have, but the cell phone video along with the police narrative makes it pretty much damming against the police. They state they got a call by a person who is armed. So they would have to be looking for someone with something in their hands. The therapist did not have anything in his hands, the autistic man did. The person with an item in his hands was not shot, but the person who did not have anything in his hands was the one shot.

The police stated they would not hear what all was going on, however, the video that was shown, it was very clear what the therapist was saying and it could be clearly understood, even at the distance of the person taking the cellphone video. And to do such with 2 people who are on the ground, one who is laying on his back, his hands up and out, shouting out as loud as he could what is going on, and yet the police did not listen.

Now if the police could not hear the man, then how were they able to negotiate with anyone?

And then there was the after care, and the question of why, after all of that, did they not only handcuff the therapist, who was the victim and leave him on the ground without any sort of medical assistance for 20 minutes before calling for an ambulance to come and render medical attention to the man?

It is questions such as those that would give a jury reason to doubt the story that the police would give.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
In the meantime may I suggest new and improved white face make up to keep in your glove compartment so you don't get shot while police are gunning for the autisms.

delete
edit on 22-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is the police response..

From Bearing Arms.com

North Miami SWAT Cop Shot Therapist In Order To “Save” Him From Unarmed Autistic Man

This is getting worse and worse.

The lack of competence in this particular police force is astounding.

Honestly...I accept the reality that incompetence and stupidity exists in all lines of work, including police units, swat etc..

All I ask is that when errors are made they are recognized and reconciled...vs. covered up with BS and defended by over-zealous police unions.

This was a eff-up. The cop needs to be fired and the swat team needs immediate and thorough evaluation and re-training where needed.

incompetent people should not be carrying tax payer paid for guns with tax-payer paid for bullets so they can shoot unarmed tax payers with their hands-up shouting please don't shoot me.

Effen fix it....but apparently the first instinct was cover your ass.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I think this SWAT unit should be disbanded.

They are insufferably incompetent. This statement proves it beyond reasonable doubt.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

originally posted by: supremecommander
a reply to: DeadFoot

the fact that you are stating that resisting arrest by fleeing warrants a shooting speaks volumes about what people consider justifiable homicide by police.

The way that you have to spin oppositional argument is what really speaks volumes.

Where is this fact of me stating that fleeing warrants a shooting?

You're really stretching here with that type of language.

I'm saying that running away from an officer is going to end up with a higher chance of you getting tased and possibly shot.

I do not condone resisting arrest mind you. I'm just wondering why you find it acceptable that running is going to lead to a higher chance of getting shot?

THAT IN ITSELF IS THE PROBLEM.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I'm being facetious obviously, but the fact that you are stating that resisting arrest by fleeing warrants a shooting speaks volumes about what people consider justifiable homicide by police.

That's funny coming from a guy who just said a cop needs to be put down for accidentally shooting someone.

You look at it an accident because of your bias. There are no accidents here. He profiled and SHOT that man. And you excuse it because your skin color is different from the victims.
edit on 22-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: mOjOm

yet the police did not listen.

They never do.

Anyone who has had even the slightest encounter with the police, will understand this critical point.

When the police arrive on scene, they come there with ideas already in their head.

They are all "psyched up" for an encounter of a specified nature.

They cannot see the situation as anything else, other than what they came expecting to find.

Any attempt to tell them, the situation is different, from their expectations, is ignored.

They will continue to act out the drama as if the original expectation was the valid interpretation of the ongoing scene.

They will "ignore" all evidence to the contrary.

They will "interpret and fit" all activity seen into the original narrative.

You have to see this, and experience this, yourself to believe it.

It comes as a shocking surprise that the police are always just robotically acting out some pre-determined drama that is set long before they arrive on the actual scene.

The autistic guy could have had a bomb in that toy, etc..

Nothing is as it seems, to the police.

That's the scariest thing the civilians have to deal with: the mind of the cops.

These cops are not the brightest individuals in society. They don't have Master's and PhD's.

They don't do a lot of analytical thinking and evaluation of situations.

It's all emotive action with little thought.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

From Bearing Arms.com

North Miami SWAT Cop Shot Therapist In Order To “Save” Him From Unarmed Autistic Man

So if an ex military nutjob puts on a mask this weekend, and unloads on a few cops in this town in response, will this be a case of cops bringing it upon themselves?

because after this? i don't give a damn. my sympathy levels are now at the levels of non minorities who say that every person the cops shoot up deserve whats coming to them.

whatever happens, will happen now between the public and the police. that is clear.
edit on 22-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2016 by supremecommander because: spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

From Bearing Arms.com

Honestly...I accept the reality that incompetence and stupidity exists in all lines of work, including police units, swat etc..

All I ask is that when errors are made they are recognized and reconciled...vs. covered up with BS and defended by over-zealous police unions.

This was a eff-up. The cop needs to be fired and the swat team needs immediate and thorough evaluation and re-training where needed.

incompetent people should not be carrying tax payer paid for guns with tax-payer paid for bullets so they can shoot unarmed tax payers with their hands-up shouting please don't shoot me.

Effen fix it....but apparently the first instinct was cover your ass.

Amen...from your keyboard to ...those who have ears to hear.

Looks like the taxpayers are going to be on the tab for quite a suit.

May the Creator bless this man who was only trying to help his patient and keep him safe. He probably saved the boy's life. In my book he's a hero.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

So if an ex military nutjob puts on a mask this weekend, and unloads on a few cops in this town in response, will this be a case of cops bringing it upon themselves?

I've thought about this.

I don't know where it's gonna go. But I certainly hope no one does something like that. There's no justification for wanton murder, anymore than the cops are justified in this case.

because after this? i don't give a damn. my sympathy levels are now at the levels of non minorities who say that every person the cops shoot up deserve whats coming to them.

I defend police when they deserve it. This is not one of those cases.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I'm being facetious obviously, but the fact that you are stating that resisting arrest by fleeing warrants a shooting speaks volumes about what people consider justifiable homicide by police.

That's funny coming from a guy who just said a cop needs to be put down for accidentally shooting someone.

You look at it an accident because of your bias. There are no accidents here. He profiled and SHOT that man. And you excuse it because your skin color is different from the victims.

Read my first couple of posts in this thread. You're doing exactly what I said you folks would do lol. This is why they ommited the footage of the actual shooting.

My problem is with the media, not the color of the man's skin.

And by the way, how can someone so free of bias such as yourself, jump to the conclusion that he was profiled and shot on purpose simply for being black?

That's taking bias to a whole new level.

edit on 22-7-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Read my first couple of posts in this thread. You're doing exactly what I said you folks would do lol.

And by the way, how can someone so free of bias such as yourself, jump to the conclusion that he was profiled and shot on purpose simply for being black?

define "you folks" for me please. just so i can confirm what you really are.

and here's an example of your bias...you say i jump to conclusions because this man was black?

I do not defend michael brown because its not conclusive to me.

i do not defend alton sterling because its not conclusive to me.

i defend tamir rice because that did not need to happen

i defend philando castile because that did not need to happen.

there is no bias here. i'm black, but I look at facts.

facts say to me, this innocent man of dark skin, who was in service to his fellow man, was SHOT because of his skin color.

your bias however, prevents you from having empathy. from understanding why people can see this shooting as repugnant. you do not value people who are darker than you in the same manner as those that look like you. that is obvious to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

a reply to: supremecommander

I've thought about this.

I don't know where it's gonna go. But I certainly hope no one does something like that. There's no justification for wanton murder, anymore than the cops are justified in this case.

I defend police when they deserve it. This is not one of those cases.

i appreciate your honest response.

mind you, i hope for peace.

but if this triggers another incident, i am not going to care. i'm tired. the united states police departments need to act like american police officers and not like hiter's SS

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Read my first couple of posts in this thread. You're doing exactly what I said you folks would do lol.

I agree that social and commercial media is making things worse...
But that is the price for Freedom of Speech and I would never want to give that up.
It is technology via instant news and and peoples phone cameras that are bringing things to everyones desktop in an instant.

Instances like these injustices have happened in the past and without any video, the public had to take the word from the establishment. This particular cop would have got away with it in the past where everyones eyes are not on them and the "official police report" is what we had to go on.

Still, you see what you want to see in the media
We all have biases. I see a media supporting lousy police work and constantly making excuses for their mess ups.

edit on 22-7-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join