It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Censors the Right Again: Milo Permanently Banned

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Slippery slope and more evidence of free speech disappearing.

Twitter does not grant you free speech. Twitter lets you say what you want until you violate one of their conditions.

The 1st amendment does not apply to social media.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TheBulk
These aren't hacked tweets. These tweets go back YEARS.

Double Standards: Leslie Jones’ Racist Twitter History

I've done a bit of reading and I believe it is not against Twitters policy to say racist things. It is, however, against their policy to use twitter as a means to engage in abusive activities.

While this woman appears to have said some racist things, it is not against their policy. What Milo did apparently was.

Therefore, no double standard.

"Abusive activities" = Anything left wing snow flakes don't want to hear.

But of course being racist towards whites is not abusive.

Twitter does not grant you free speech. Twitter lets you say what you want until you violate one of their conditions.

Right and their conditions are based on redefining words in order to silence left winger's political opponents.

edit on 20-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Watching this unfold in real-time paints quite a unique picture about the "abuse" Leslie Jones suffered.

1. Milo wrote an honest review about Ghostbusters
2. It got retweeted all over twitter
3. This offended Leslie Jones who replied to @Nero and attacked him with 'you racist' 'white boy' 'ni##a' and various other ghetto speak
4. He replied in typical Milo fashion
5. His followers started raiding her and she started using various forms of ghetto jibberish against them
6. She started retweeting comments. At this point her agent must have called her
7. She deleted tweets and started playing the victim role

The alt-right trolls brigading her was not Milo's fault, but expected since she attacked him first. This is just another classic example of liberal crybullying.

edit on 20-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

"Abusive activities" = Anything left wing snow flakes don't want to hear.

It appears that it's more about conduct. From twitter:

People should be able to express diverse opinions and beliefs on Twitter. But no one deserves to be subjected to targeted abuse online, and our rules prohibit inciting or engaging in the targeted abuse or harassment of others.

Hundreds of anonymous Twitter commenters hurled racist and sexist remarks at the star’s Twitter account, rallied and directed by Mr. Yiannopoulos this week. The news media picked up on the abuse after Ms. Jones began retweeting screenshots of the litany of comments sent to her over the past few days.

www.nytimes.com...

Right and their conditions are based on redefining words in order to silence left winger's political opponents.

Quite whining like a damned baby. This isn't some conspiracy against the Right and being a snowflake about it just makes you look like a nancyboy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I was not talking about the 1st amendment. There is life outside of the US you know.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You're the one supporting the silencing of views you don't like based on the butt hurt of people who lose arguments. You're the nanci here, not me.

rallied and directed by Mr. Yiannopoulos this week.

Is this anything like Obama and democrats rallying cop killers?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I was not talking about the 1st amendment. There is life outside of the US you know.

Yes, but the principle is the same. Free speech only applies to the "public square". Twitter is not the public square. It is a privately-owned social media platform in which the owner gets to set the rules. Private property rights.

If you say something in my home that I do not like and find unacceptable, I can remove you from my home. You have no free speech rights unless it is in the "public square".

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You're the one supporting the silencing of views you don't like based on the butt hurt of people who lose arguments. You're the nanci here, not me.

I honestly don't give a #. Twitter can let Milo and everyone else spit their nonsense all over their platform all they want. I don't use twitter and I think it's rather stupid.

All I was saying is that I can see why they banned him since he apparently has a record of being suspended for his conduct and this must of been the last straw.

Is this anything like Obama and democrats rallying cop killers?

I don't know. Is that the comparison you want to make? If so, that's pretty odd.
edit on 20-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have just read some of the most ignorant comments in my history here.
Jeeeez..
Milo is mean, but right most of the time.
When people attack him, they do not win.
Instead, they cry foul. This will only give him more ammo.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I honestly don't give a #. Twitter can let Milo and everyone else spit their nonsense all over their platform all they want. I don't use twitter and I think it's rather stupid.

I don't do Twitter either.

Milo is an instigator. Something he fully admits.

He is not innocent. He's like the guy who yells "Fire" in a theater and then claims its all the fault of those reacting to it.

edit on 20-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

He is not innocent. He's like the guy who yells "Fire" in a theater and then claims its all the fault of those reacting to it.

Oh, I know full well what kind of person Milo is.

He's a complete asshat that holds his sexual preferences over your head while he bashes you in the face with his over-the-top "conservatism". He thinks that just because he uses a derogatory term to refer to his "gayness", that he can use derogatory terms to describe other people as well.

The Right Wing loves him because he has become their token gay guy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Leslie Jones Was Punching Down on Twitter Trolls for Hours Before Milo Ever Mentioned Her

Just read some of her tweets before she deleted them. She was completely out of control, but banning her from Twitter wouldn't fit the narrative.

edit on 20-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Twitter stance.
Gay conservative speaking his mind on a movie and the horrors of Islam.
(Permanently banned)

ISIS actively recruiting and radicalizing people.
(Meh you can stay)

I still confused what he said that was so bad.
For suggesting America needs better schools because of her grammar and spelling mistakes?
I see that kind of talk here daily and no one gets banned!
Could she be a bigger VICTIM?

I suspect this isn't just because of this one incident.
Milo is referred to as a "provocateur" by the left and the MSM. Yet he has never incited any violence towards anyone. The problem lefties have with Milo is they in fact helped create this outwardly flamboyant gay man. But they can't control him.
He's gay and prefers black men. That alone protects him from being labeled as homophobic or racist by these SJW loons.

It's great seeing these people loose all composure trying to debate or mock him...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's ironic because Milo uses the same tactics the left have been using for decades, and openly admits this. They just can't stand the taste of their own medicine!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

To be fair I understand that Isis and their ilk are allowed to stay at the behest of intelligence agencies. Makes them easier to track.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

He's a complete asshat that holds his sexual preferences over your head while he bashes you in the face with his over-the-top "conservatism". He thinks that just because he uses a derogatory term to refer to his "gayness", that he can use derogatory terms to describe other people as well.

Have you listened to any of his interviews? He's an IT guy who has a talent for memorizing data - - - but, wants to be an entertainer.

He discovered being outrages in people's faces causes them to react.

His whole schtick is getting people to react. He's a loud mouth button pusher.

People need to figure this out and stop reacting to him.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Have you listened to any of his interviews? He's an IT guy who has a talent for memorizing data - - - but, wants to be an entertainer.

Most of what he says I find to be true, though he is a loud mouth, no doubt about it.
The fact he pushes buttons is only because the buttons have been created by the very people he rails against. In fact there are more buttons appearing every day it seems.
I think he likes to wind up the professionally offended.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Agreed...
And it puts innocent people in danger in the process.

Yet I can't find any examples of Milo putting people in danger, but he had to go.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulrebel11

originally posted by: MysticPearl
The idea Milo should be banned for negatively reviewing her crap movie yet she should skate free while launching repeated racists and profane tweets shows just how warped the left is.

The left used to be at the forefront of free speech and disrupting the status quo. Now they've jumped to the other side and want to silence anything they deem offensive.

Except she didn't launch "repeated racist profane tweets" ...I saw her tweets, she was very confused about seeing screenshots with words she never tweeted. Someone photoshopped fake tweets which they attributed to her account. Funny, you don't seem that bothered by the actual racist and profane tweets that she endured by actual racists.

Why would I be? That's not the topic at hand.

Twitter is full of racism, rudeness, name calling, profanity, idiots with a voice, etc, but that's what twitter has allowed and that's what has become it. It's a platform where ISIS has a voice and where thousands upon thousands of death threats towards Trump exist.

What this thread is about is the fact Milo got his account banned amidst that atmosphere based off two incredibly mild tweets.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Most of what he says I find to be true, though he is a loud mouth, no doubt about it.
The fact he pushes buttons is only because the buttons have been created by the very people he rails against. In fact there are more buttons appearing every day it seems.
I think he likes to wind up the professionally offended.

Maybe he should take his act to a comedy club where people pay to have their buttons pushed.

Maybe he should try debating someone on an intellectual level, instead of an emotional level.

He intentionally picks emotional targets, especially those related to women issues.

I'm personally not a supporter of his brand of instigating.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join