It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Censors the Right Again: Milo Permanently Banned

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So your saying her twitter was hacked for 4 years? Sorry... but that article only covers the tweet that was posted last night.

She is acting like a typical liberal, slinging mud all over the internet then when someone finally slings it back they start bawling tears and play the victim card.

edit on 20-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

proof won't stop them.

there's another theory afoot.

another 'screen cap' will mysteriously start circulation to make her seem a bigot to justify the nastiness of some people

eta: there's one directly above as I typed.

edit on 20-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

If you want "proof" look at the time stamps. But let's be honest, you really don't care about the proof.

But here it is anyways.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

So your saying her twitter was hacked for 4 years? Sorry... but that article only covers the tweet that was posted last night.

She is acting like typical liberal, slinging mud all over the internet then when someone finally slings it back they start bawling tears and play the victim card.

I cannot say anything about the other tweets other than she should be held accountable if they are real.

My previous post was in regards to the tweets concerning milo.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If you want a conspiracy, here's one.

Imagine a time when the only way to voice your opinion in a way that reaches people is by social media outlets.

Since social media outlets are privately owned, 1st Amendment protections are not applicable.

So social media not only gets to edit and shape, they get to ban certain messages and messengers.

All in order to promote a certain agenda and ideology.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed but we can also shame them as a public for their obvious hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: soulrebel11
a reply to: TheBulk
So because nobody is forced to use a social medium, it's okay for them to be racially harassed publicly by racists?

Nobody is harassed on the internet.

Do you really believe these words?

Tell that to the Fine Brothers, or a moderately popular Youtuber.

If you allow yourself to be "harassed" over the internet (not real life), it just shows what a weak snowflake you are.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Gin

I don't think it's alright for anyone to write "hateful and racist things" without repercussion, but let's not pretend that the level of abuse Leslie Jones was subjected to wasn't on another level. I also don't care what twitter did or didn't do in this instance...my motive for joining this thread was to correct a false claim.

What's the false claim?

Jones kept fueling the fire, cussing anyone who tweeted her and even those trying to help her.

Did she deserve it? No, but Milo just called her out on her BS. He simply didn't put up with her nonsense. Had she turned off her phone or at least blocked all the trolls, it wouldn't have gotten so bad.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I was referring to the "vile racist tweets" that she was alleged to have made in her exchanges with Milo, which had been proven false.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Konduit

I believe those are photoshopped tweets that they have been talking about.

They are not real, from what I understand.

The screen shot Konduit posted are, in fact, her tweets...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

is this by comparison to what she was called?
where are those screen shots

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Swills

Have you even read the tweets he made? Here is a link
sandrarose.com...

There are other links but basiclly here is what I have gathered.

Milo reviewed her movie very harshly. She tweeted and I quote "uncle tom fag @nero needs to get his racist ss out of my mentions. S**t leik make me think that we need to gas dese g*****n f*****s to death" She later deleted these tweets, but I noticed both Twitter and you excuse attacks on his sexuality. I wonder why.

Now she is claiming her account was hacked and she didn;t type that, but notice when you look at most articles online like this vanity fair one www.vanityfair.com... completely ignore that she may have typed that.

Regardless, I don't have twitter and do not no how to post tweets, but if you read the articles i linked, Milo didn't say anything that bad. The most disgusting things were said by other people, not Milo, but Milo still got banned.

Keep in mind, you can tweet that you are happy that cops are being killed, you can post any vitriol towards Donald Trump, but if Milo got banned for telling an actress she was thin skinned.

Having said that, its a private company, they can ban who they want. It is up to the consumer to refuse to use a product that is so biased and has now problem spreading hate against some groups of people, but with ban other groups.

BTW, Leslie was the one crying victimhood, and Twitter was happy to be her white knight and come in and save the strong feminst woman. What an example of a strong feminist!

It looks like what Leslie said was far more incendiary than anything Milo said.

He was treading on dangerous ground with the "80s black caricature" comment, but she straight out called for the extermination of gay people, never mind the name she called him.

Plus, I'm having a hard time following the rules here. Traditionally, it seems we (society in general) allow minorities to say what they want about EACH OTHER (based on positions of societal power and so forth), so I would think a gay man would get a pass on a borderline racist comment, whether that's right or wrong. However, I can't imagine anyone getting a pass on the "kill gay people" rhetoric.

Something strange is afoot.
edit on 20-7-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

She never made those tweets about killing gay people.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Did those tweets appear on her account, but she claimed she was hacked? Or did they never occur at all?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Did those tweets appear on her account, but she claimed she was hacked? Or did they never occur at all?

Please review this thread as this has been addressed.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Please review this thread as this has been addressed.

I read where it was said that she claimed she was hacked. So, I guess I'm going with that.

Is there any proof she was hacked?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
She wasn't hacked. They were photoshopped. She thought she was hacked.

edit on 20-7-2016 by soulrebel11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
These aren't hacked tweets. These tweets go back YEARS.

Double Standards: Leslie Jones’ Racist Twitter History

edit on 20-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
These aren't hacked tweets. These tweets go back YEARS.

Double Standards: Leslie Jones’ Racist Twitter History

I've done a bit of reading and I believe it is not against Twitters policy to say racist things. It is, however, against their policy to use twitter as a means to engage in abusive activities.

While this woman appears to have said some racist things, it is not against their policy. What Milo did apparently was.

Therefore, no double standard.
edit on 20-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What is most worrying about this is that he appears to have been banned permanently because of his fans tweets, not his own. Where will that end? What if a group of people targeted anyone's account and just posted messages that got a user banned?

Slippery slope and more evidence of free speech disappearing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join