It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Censors the Right Again: Milo Permanently Banned

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Twitter in a nutshell.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Annee

I personally do not support 100% free speech. I personally do not support irresponsible instigating.

Anyone can label any speech they don't like "irresponsible instigating". Your lack of foresight (and others) is disturbing and will likely come back to bite us all in the near future.

My opinion is as valid as yours. Just different.

My foresight is just fine. It just differs from yours.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

In a conversation with Vox reporter Zack Beauchamp Tuesday night, Yiannopoulos added that he welcomed Twitter’s decision:

Is anything more wonderful than getting banned? Are you insane? My life is more fun now, and it’s about to get a lot more fun. ...

I’ve been preparing for this for six months. I could not have asked for a better time.

Seems pretty clear he was expecting this exact thing. I'd say even perhaps making it happen just for the controversy and more coverage because of it. And all you sitting here crying about it screaming "Free Speech" fell for it and are doing exactly what was planned.

The term "Useful Idiots" comes to mind.

BTW, I enjoy watching and listening to Milo. I think he's an intelligent guy and I like the way he challenges people in debating with them. But this whole think is making me lose respect for him. He caused a problem on purpose so he could get in trouble so he could play the victim and point to his enemies as the ones responsible. But he's responsible for all of it. He's playing everyone and loving it because that's what he does. Worst of all he's even playing his fans for a bunch of idiots too and they're falling for it.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
And people I know act with utter shock that I refuse to use Facebook, twitter and the like...

Tried both because I was told how wonderful they were and quickly discovered they were full of complete idiots out for attention in whatever way they could get it.

Good grief, it had people with so little morals, decency and manners I'm stunned they could get out of bed without instructions of 'how to' from FB.

Leslie Jones, - Attention seeker
Milo - attention seeker..

Just they way they get it varies...

The trouble with any of these mediums is that its so easy to be an arse from behind a keyboard which is why many many years ago I termed the phrase Keyboard Rambo and pleased to see its still used.

Its become far too easy for people to affect others by the use of social media in a negative way yet we are told by these companies etc that these services are the only way to lead your social life instead of simply meeting REAL people in REAL life where they tend to not act so idiotic...

If you use it and it works for you I'm glad but its NOT for me, I'm reasonably private, I don't feel the need to tweet when I have just used the toilet etc, for me social media often slumps in to a giant demo of artificial UN-intelligence..."Wanna see my tramp stamp" and so on and so forth. Forums like this work better because there's genuine and usually fair moderation, there's probably some agenda's on the go here but they are far enough in the back seat that I can read and post with less worry.
edit on 20-7-2016 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Milo talked about all of this tonight:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

There will be more of this. The crazies are running the nuthouse at this point. They have infiltrated and control every level of society in the west now. We are already seeing the negative effects.

There are tons of useful idiots out there cheering the removal of the first amendment.

We live in a world where having the wrong opinion about something is now punishable by state executed force. Europe is the start, and the USA is next. Soon it will be against the law to speak outside of the accepted political or social ideology.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Sure, lets not have him be accountable for his own actions, you know harassing Leslie Jones to the point where she quit Twitter all together, and instead blame it on a Twitter conspiracy of censoring conservatives.... He broke the rules, again, and now must suffer consequences. I'm sure you see hateful crap on Twitter all the time, welcome to the internet, and I bet those people got banned to.

Conservatives, stop playing the victim card because it's getting old and frankly no one but other conservatives care.

Wow, maybe you didn't see all the racism and death threats that Conservatives get on a regular basis on Twitter?

Secondly, Leslie has a history of racially charged tweets. But you probably didn't look at those either because you are just another hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You are such a leftist apologist that as soon as i see the avatar of Bob marley i know what's about to be spouted.

And by the way i don't fall into the left right paradigm,it's one party masquerading as opposites to polarize the public into division but i can clearly see there is an outright agenda by Twitter,Facebook and Google to demonize conservatives under orders from the control freak Globalist clowns in the Whitehouse and that includes Obama.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
nice line in the sand guys... nice.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

He was / is a troll - in every sense of the word. His repeated violations of Twiter's rules got him banned, not his political views. But, claiming that it was his political views that got him kicked sure does help the GOPers get their blood pressure up thinking about another imagined slight against white people, doesn't it? Hilarious, if only there weren't so many of the OP's type out there whining about how the rest of the country's no longer stuck in 1955.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
luckily im not a fanatic for either leslie or milo so i really dont care either way what twitter does.

However, after reading the twitter t&c it would appear to be written in a obtuse vague way so that anything, anything at all they dont want posted can be removed. For any reason. Its their perogative i guess.

However people keep saying milo broke twitters rules. It would appear that their rules are made up as they go to suit their wants. Fair enough i guess except that its annology would be a cop breaking up a mutual fight and arbitrarily (or not?) arresting and punishing only one of them for breaking the rules and actually codling the other equally at fault person. And then the arrested person goes "hey! What about them!?! They broke the rules too!" and the cop responds "theyre my rules i can do whatever i want!"

Same thing here from what i can see.

I aint a very bright guy. But i can tell twitters got a warped sense of fairness. So in my opinion twitter is lame. Mostley for the 99 percent bulk of trite stupid crap posted on it every two seconds.

Also although i aint going to throw away my money but from what ive heard the new ghostbusters "remake" IS really, really bad. Poorly written. Poorly concieved and produced. Horrible production values etc...
edit on 21-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Milo is a repeat offender. He had been previously banned then reinstated, with warnings.

It’s important to note that Yiannopoulos himself didn’t send the most hateful messages. What he did do was post screencaps of fake tweets that made it seem like Jones herself was saying hateful, terrible things. This only fed the trolls that continued to harass and attack her.

And that action – making those fake tweets and helping incite a mob against Jones – was finally enough for Twitter to kick Yiannopoulos off of its platform.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah but as i pointed out the wording on the t&c for twitter tweeter whatever is written to be purposely vague and maelable to match whatever circumstances and biases they want. They can litetally make up a rule to post ban any account holder there who posts about butterflies or saving the rainforest if they want to if it doesnt match their agenda. Is that person really "breaking rules" or going against their will?

Another argument you could say is "what rules?!?" they dont have any concrete rules just purpisefully and legally nebulous wording that can be molded at twitters whim cause they are written vaguely to be interpreted and excercised at twitters will for any reason even if they are dubious.
edit on 21-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

originally posted by: Swills

Sure, lets not have him be accountable for his own actions, you know harassing Leslie Jones to the point where she quit Twitter all together, and instead blame it on a Twitter conspiracy of censoring conservatives.... He broke the rules, again, and now must suffer consequences. I'm sure you see hateful crap on Twitter all the time, welcome to the internet, and I bet those people got banned to.

Conservatives, stop playing the victim card because it's getting old and frankly no one but other conservatives care.

The problem is, People break the rules all the time. And yet they remain unpunished. Twitter is using this as an excuse.

so what?...they are a private company, they can use any "excuse" they want to...screw him, he's a nasty, vulgar person, and someone needs to shut this a**h*le down. he's just not ready to intermingle with decent human beings.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Milo didn't make any fake tweets and he didn't say anything racist to Jones, those were internet trolls.

The last time Milo was suspended was because a pro-ISIS account with 1.5 million followers sent out a call to action against him and literally tens of thousands of accounts that spread Jihadi rhetoric reported him. Many of these accounts are still active because Twitter has become quite Sharia-compliant recently.

What makes this questionable is the fact that @Jack, the CEO of Twitter, was in direct contact with Jones before the ban took place. Liberal favoritism at it's finest.

You want to talk about someone posting racist tweets, take a look at the person playing the victim role.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Yeah but as i pointed out the wording on the t&c for twitter tweeter whatever is wrutten to be purposely vague and maelable to match whatever circumstances and biases they want. They can litetally make up a rule to post ban any account holder there who posts about butterflies or saving the rainforest if they want to if it doesnt match their agenda. Is that person really "breaking rules" or going agaibst their will. Another argument you could say is "what rules?!?" they change at twitters whim cause they are written vaguely to be interoreted and excercised at twitters will for any reasin even if they are dubious.

Twitter is not government. Free speech does not apply.

This is not Milo's first rodeo.

Personal Responsibility - - - HIS.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Milo didn't make any fake tweets and he didn't say anything racist to Jones, those were internet trolls.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY - - HIS.

He'd been banned, reinstated, and warned.

Enough with the excuses.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's funny how liberals have pretty selective opinions on free speech when it isn't their side of the argument that's being censored.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join