It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Censors the Right Again: Milo Permanently Banned

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

After years of provocation, Twitter has permanently banned Milo Yiannopoulos from its service.

link

This is quite blatant conservative censorship by a medium which is supposed to be a non-partisan platform. With all the hatred, insults, racism, death threats I see on twitter, it's amazing they pick the gay, Jewish conservative to make their point.

The "final straw" is largely BS as well. If anyone saw the the back and forth between he and Leslie Jones, which was minimal, what apparently was ignored by twitter is all of Jones' profane and racist tweets towards whites.

Adding more to this is that Milo was banned right before his RNC party, which is connected to his Gays for Trump movement.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The lawsuit this is going to start is going to be epic.

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Sure, lets not have him be accountable for his own actions, you know harassing Leslie Jones to the point where she quit Twitter all together, and instead blame it on a Twitter conspiracy of censoring conservatives.... He broke the rules, again, and now must suffer consequences. I'm sure you see hateful crap on Twitter all the time, welcome to the internet, and I bet those people got banned to.

Conservatives, stop playing the victim card because it's getting old and frankly no one but other conservatives care.

+53 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You mean the part where she claimed people are racist for not liking her movie and diving into a antisemitic diatribe?
edit on 19-7-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

There won't be any lawsuit. Milo had been warned multiple times and he obviously chose to ignore those warnings. He agreed to follow the t&c for twitter then chose to break it when you do that you get banned.

+17 more 
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Sure, lets not have him be accountable for his own actions, you know harassing Leslie Jones to the point where she quit Twitter all together, and instead blame it on a Twitter conspiracy of censoring conservatives.... He broke the rules, again, and now must suffer consequences. I'm sure you see hateful crap on Twitter all the time, welcome to the internet, and I bet those people got banned to.

Conservatives, stop playing the victim card because it's getting old and frankly no one but other conservatives care.

The problem is, People break the rules all the time. And yet they remain unpunished. Twitter is using this as an excuse.

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

There won't be any lawsuit. Milo had been warned multiple times and he obviously chose to ignore those warnings. He agreed to follow the t&c for twitter then chose to break it when you do that you get banned.

Yet the accounts of people calling for white people to be murdered, Or the other accounts being racists against blacks, or police or what have you, are all untouched. Funny how that works..
edit on 19-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

No, if you read the article you'll clearly see the racist Twitter comments directed at her. Milo didn't help, instead he stoked the flames of hate. You know, if he acted that way here he'd be banned too.

According to the company, the permanent suspension isn’t a matter of speech as much as a matter of behavior — specifically, a violation of Twitter’s rules regarding the targeted abuse of specific users. Here’s the statement, according to a Twitter spokesperson:

People should be able to express diverse opinions and beliefs on Twitter. But no one deserves to be subjected to targeted abuse online, and our rules prohibit inciting or engaging in the targeted abuse or harassment of others. Over the past 48 hours in particular, we’ve seen an uptick in the number of accounts violating these policies and have taken enforcement actions against these accounts, ranging from warnings that also require the deletion of Tweets violating our policies to permanent suspension. We know many people believe we have not done enough to curb this type of behavior on Twitter. We agree. We are continuing to invest heavily in improving our tools and enforcement systems to better allow us to identify and take faster action on abuse as it’s happening and prevent repeat offenders. We have been in the process of reviewing our hateful conduct policy to prohibit additional types of abusive behavior and allow more types of reporting, with the goal of reducing the burden on the person being targeted. We’ll provide more details on those changes in the coming weeks.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

That's BS and you know it. Don't pretend that you work for Twitter and investigate accounts. People get banned all the time but most of them can just create a new account because they are never going to be Twitter Verified since they are nobodies.

Every damn site has their own rules and if you break them you will get banned. In this case, Milo has been warned and yet he continues to troll so he got banned. But of course, since he's the conservatives hero you guys will just throw facts to the wind and announce it's a conspiracy.

edit on 19-7-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The CtR legionnaires are on full duty alert.

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You're kidding, right? You don't get to just scream "I'm offended" any time you like and pretend you play by different rules. And that's what this is, a different set of rules for Milo.

Here's some of Jones' tweets and retweets from yesterday on the topic. Apologies for the language.

Leslie Jones ‏@Lesdoggg 23h23 hours ago Manhattan, NY
@ahorvet @quillandflame @Nero you sound like an idiot where did I say I hated gay people you sound like a *UCKING idiot

Sneezy McSneezerton ‏@SneezyMcSneezer 24h24 hours ago
@Lesdoggg @Nero Leslie, we know ALL about this *sshole. His despicable reputation can be smelled from a mile away. #hestrash

Leslie Jones ‏@Lesdoggg 24h24 hours ago Manhattan, NY
@shoe0nhead I'll start with you. How about that?And *uck you. Cause if they was sending that to you I'm sure that would be what you would do

@Lesdoggg @Nero he's basically the Uncle Tom of Gay ppl. Huge Trump/alt-right fanboy who is gay.

@MimMgmgmg @lolamacisaac @Manfeelings90 no you just insane *itch

@MimMgmgmg @lolamacisaac like *uck you for real *uck you. Is that ladylike enough for you *itch stop tryin to get follower by insulting me

@PCIsGayAsHell @humilitylove78 @artifishly my movie *itch! *uck off and seriously get a life. How sad for you. Is this all you got?

and on and on. I partly censored the curse words myself for ATS standards.

And, Milo's TWO tweets in response.

If at first you don't succeed (because your work is terrible), play the victim. EVERYONE GETS HATE MAIL FFS t.co...
— Milo Yiannopoulos ひ✘ (@Nero)

Barely literate. America needs better schools! t.co...
— Milo Yiannopoulos ひ✘ (@Nero)

And you're going to sit here suggesting Milo was the one deserving of getting banned and it's just playing the victim card to acknowledge the complete hypocrisy here?

I know you don't believe that.
edit on 19-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You mean hate like @deray calls for whom is @jack gay lover, you know the same Deray that is the BLM leader that calls for violence against whites while he sleeps with a white guy. Give me a break! She spread so much hate from her account and it was obvious her level of stupidity was on full display that even @jack told her to DM him because it was a public embarrassment.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Someone correct me ... isn't Twitter a privately-owned concern?

I'm not sure any laws regarding "public accommodation" apply ... it's not a paid service so there's no real or implied breach of contract ... yeah, seems like The Big Twit can do what it wants with its bandwidth.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Someone correct me ... isn't Twitter a privately-owned concern?

I'm not sure any laws regarding "public accommodation" apply ... it's not a paid service so there's no real or implied breach of contract ... yeah, seems like The Big Twit can do what it wants with its bandwidth.

Twitter's second largest shareholder is a Saudi prince.

No wonder they have such a problem with a gay conservative.

here
edit on 19-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
There really is no excuse for speaking racist comments besides vulgarity and lack of class. That being said, this man never said anything racist, or even bad. Of course it was only a matter of time before a company like Twitter, hell bent on profits, bent to the will of their customer's feelings over ethics and principles. Consumerism always trumps free speech.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
People can of course offer their accounts. No problem really, word of mouth and all that.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Amazing.

Milo's account is suspended but "ISUS" is in good standing.

Makes perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yet the accounts of people calling for white people to be murdered, Or the other accounts being racists against blacks, or police or what have you, are all untouched. Funny how that works..

Oh sure like no one else but the troll you like has gotten banned. Also as far other accounts not being banned that's a load of BS unless you have forgotten that Azealia Banks was banned for her racist tweets. Funny how after she was banned everyone was crying freedom of speech is only for whites but after a white boy is banned people are crying the exact opposite.
edit on 1650000004731America/ChicagoTue, 19 Jul 2016 21:57:47 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Have you even read the tweets he made? Here is a link
sandrarose.com...

There are other links but basiclly here is what I have gathered.

Milo reviewed her movie very harshly. She tweeted and I quote "uncle tom fag @nero needs to get his racist ss out of my mentions. S**t leik make me think that we need to gas dese g*****n f*****s to death" She later deleted these tweets, but I noticed both Twitter and you excuse attacks on his sexuality. I wonder why.

Now she is claiming her account was hacked and she didn;t type that, but notice when you look at most articles online like this vanity fair one www.vanityfair.com... completely ignore that she may have typed that.

Regardless, I don't have twitter and do not no how to post tweets, but if you read the articles i linked, Milo didn't say anything that bad. The most disgusting things were said by other people, not Milo, but Milo still got banned.

Keep in mind, you can tweet that you are happy that cops are being killed, you can post any vitriol towards Donald Trump, but if Milo got banned for telling an actress she was thin skinned.

Having said that, its a private company, they can ban who they want. It is up to the consumer to refuse to use a product that is so biased and has now problem spreading hate against some groups of people, but with ban other groups.

BTW, Leslie was the one crying victimhood, and Twitter was happy to be her white knight and come in and save the strong feminst woman. What an example of a strong feminist!

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You know, it's really hard to have a conversation with conservatives because reality will always be ignored, facts thrown to the wind, and the victim card is constantly played. Responsibility is never accepted, instead blame it on liberals and a conspiracy against conservatives to censor them.

She left Twitter because of Milo and his crusade against her so aren't you happy with that or do you want her banned anyway? Hey, feel free to report all of her tweets, I'm sure plenty of conservatives already have.

I think Milo needs a hug because this guy has nothing but hate in his heart.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join