It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Censors the Right Again: Milo Permanently Banned

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Tjoran
The lawsuit this is going to start is going to be epic.

You might want to educate yourself. Twitter isn't a public service that everyone has the right to use. If the provider decides someone is acting against their t's and c's then they can remove them and I'm sure there is no legal recourse.

You seem very childish by your comments, I guess you think everyone is entitled to do and say what they like with no consequence. Life is rarely like that.

Says the person throwing thinly veild insults at me? Ok. Good luck with that friend.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: MysticPearl

Agreed, and I even remember when many of my old libertarian friends turned into offended SJW's. It felt like it happened almost overnight, it was really weird and sudden. I won't ever forget the way things used to be before half the population turned into brainwashed SJW zombies.... It wasn't long ago that there were no such things as a "SJWs"...

Do you mean when your former friends decided they were sick of you talking sh!t and decided they didn't want to be associated with you?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

The lawsuit this is going to start is going to be epic.

You might want to educate yourself. Twitter isn't a public service that everyone has the right to use. If the provider decides someone is acting against their t's and c's then they can remove them and I'm sure there is no legal recourse.

You seem very childish by your comments, I guess you think everyone is entitled to do and say what they like with no consequence. Life is rarely like that.

Says the person throwing thinly veild insults at me? Ok. Good luck with that friend.

In which way were they thinly veiled? I'm aware of the potential consequences of not sticking to terms and conditions, if you think they are they only for other people then that's naivety on your part which to me equates to childishness.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The left-wing defense of this action taken by Twitter is yet another example of how so-called liberals can rationalize just about anything to silence their political opponents. This is what makes them particularly dangerous. I honestly believe that they will rationalize all kinds of horrible things to deal with their opponents in the near future.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Wookiep
Twitter is definately biased against anyone NOT a leftist liberal. It's just common knowledge these days. The same goes for Facebook, the media, (mostly) schools, universities, MTV, Hollywood, Late night shows, Starbucks etc etc. Anyone who says otherwise is a bold faced liar. Period.

Can you show examples? Especially of Twitter, since that is the matter at hand.

Are you familiar with Google? It's an internet search tool that allows you to find stories on any topic that you want. For example, you could go search Twitter bias, BLM racist Twitter, or anything like that and you will find plenty of information. Simply asking others to do your research for you and then claiming ignorance is pretty transparent.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Check out #tcot sometime, unless that's not a thing anymore. Or #dindu. There's plenty of safe space held for Conservatives, righties, right-wing nut and white supremacists. Milo got banned because he didn't follow the rules regardless of how many warnings. Other right-wingers seem to not have a problem doing so... but sure stick with the persecution complex.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: MysticPearl

You know, it's really hard to have a conversation with conservatives because reality will always be ignored, facts thrown to the wind, and the victim card is constantly played. Responsibility is never accepted, instead blame it on liberals and a conspiracy against conservatives to censor them.

She left Twitter because of Milo and his crusade against her so aren't you happy with that or do you want her banned anyway? Hey, feel free to report all of her tweets, I'm sure plenty of conservatives already have.

I think Milo needs a hug because this guy has nothing but hate in his heart.

Weak argument is weak, so let's call out conservatives!

C'mon swills, not even past the first page and you go there? Losing your touch.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

edit on 20-7-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: ATS messing up again..

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

They might be thinly veiled insults... but they are true all the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: Tjoran

They might be thinly veiled insults... but they are true all the same.

Sorry you feel this way.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
The left-wing defense of this action taken by Twitter is yet another example of how so-called liberals can rationalize just about anything to silence their political opponents. This is what makes them particularly dangerous. I honestly believe that they will rationalize all kinds of horrible things to deal with their opponents in the near future.

It seems like a common theme that when a Right Winger gets what they deserve, the Right likes to blame the Left and become drama queens in the process.

The Left is not rationalizing the silencing of opponents. Milo got what he deserved for being an asshole and he lost his privilege to use his Twitter account. Someone that conducts themselves in such a manner deserve what they get and that is not limited to those that we disagree with politically.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
The idea Milo should be banned for negatively reviewing her crap movie yet she should skate free while launching repeated racists and profane tweets shows just how warped the left is.

The left used to be at the forefront of free speech and disrupting the status quo. Now they've jumped to the other side and want to silence anything they deem offensive.

Except she didn't launch "repeated racist profane tweets" ...I saw her tweets, she was very confused about seeing screenshots with words she never tweeted. Someone photoshopped fake tweets which they attributed to her account. Funny, you don't seem that bothered by the actual racist and profane tweets that she endured by actual racists.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: soulrebel11

If those were Photoshopped images of fake tweets, then why did she claim her account was hacked?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: soulrebel11

If those were Photoshopped images of fake tweets, then why did she claim her account was hacked?

Like I said, she was initially confused-- she didn't understand how someone was able to post under her name and was alerting twitter about someone using her account. It wasn't until people informed her that they were actually photoshopped tweets that she came to realize this.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
The Left is not rationalizing the silencing of opponents. Milo got what he deserved for being an asshole and he lost his privilege to use his Twitter account. Someone that conducts themselves in such a manner deserve what they get and that is not limited to those that we disagree with politically.

Lots of people of Twitter are assholes. Lots of left wing assholes, but those assholes aren't being assholes in the minds of other left wingers. The problem with your conclusion here is that it's applied inconsistently. Which has become the typical behavior of totalitarian left wingers like yourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulrebel11
Funny, you don't seem that bothered by the actual racist and profane tweets that she endured by actual racists.

Oh please. Nobody is forced to use twitter or the internet. Grow up.

Also, how do you know who made these allegedly racist tweets? How do we know it wasn't SONY?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Lots of people of Twitter are assholes. Lots of left wing assholes, but those assholes aren't being assholes in the minds of other left wingers. The problem with your conclusion here is that it's applied inconsistently. Which has become the typical behavior of totalitarian left wingers like yourself.

Twitter has 310 million monthly users. With about 3,800 employees monitoring an estimated 100 million daily active users - I'm sure they barely manage the support and complaint tickets.
edit on 20-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

So because nobody is forced to use a social medium, it's okay for them to be racially harassed publicly by racists? The tweets weren't "allegedly" racist, they were indeed racist. I don't know what point you're trying to make with asking who was actually behind those tweets...since it is clear for all to see there are real profiles and people behind them.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So because nobody is forced to use a social medium, it's okay for them to be racially harassed publicly by racists?

Nobody is harassed on the internet. This is language that has been created to stifle speech left wingers don't like. YOU are in full control of what you read and the time you spend on the internet.

What does this have to do with Milo anyway? He said nothing racist. What about all these BLM members spreading hate on Twitter? The BLM leader who called for violence against white men and cops still has an account.
edit on 20-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So because nobody is forced to use a social medium, it's okay for them to be racially harassed publicly by racists?

Nobody is harassed on the internet.

Do you really believe these words?

Tell that to the Fine Brothers, or a moderately popular Youtuber.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join