It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Censors the Right Again: Milo Permanently Banned

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah maybe so. But it also points out a glaring fact about bigotry and intolerance at twitter.

People are pointing out twitters bias and hypocracy against milo in this case.

The excuse of saying "its twitters rules and he broke em." Its no more valid than folks running a country club thats denying service or membership to minorities or women cause its "their rules." So some chick tries to play a round of gulf there and they arrest her for trespasing. I guess its legit its "their rules." Still doesnt stop the fact that their rules are biased just a little.

So yeah your right. Screw the minorities and women trying to become members of some biased country club they were warned for their transgressions and they "broke their rules" its the same argument. Twitter is biased and shapes their rules to conform to their biases right or wrong. Often for the wrong. But hey its theor agenda and their propert they can be as bigoted as they like. Still doesnt stop me from judging negatively twitter
edit on 21-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Konduit

Milo didn't make any fake tweets and he didn't say anything racist to Jones, those were internet trolls.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY - - HIS.

He'd been banned, reinstated, and warned.

Enough with the excuses.

Correct. He has a record of posting tweets that incited massive, hateful responses.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Kinda like many accoubts kept at twitter that they allow to stay....for whatever biased or non sensible non sequiter reasons

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

How exactly is he personally responsible for what anonymous internet trolls say? Think about it.

By your logic every group on Twitter is responsible for the actions of their fans and supporters and should summarily be removed for what they say as well. If this was the case BLM would have been gone a long time ago.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You want to talk about inciting hate and harassment?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

How exactly is he personally responsible for what anonymous internet trolls say? Think about it.

By your logic every group on Twitter is responsible for the actions of their fans and supporters and should summarily be removed for what they say as well. If this was the case BLM would have been gone a long time ago.

Excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses.

Milo is an instigator plain and simple.

Reap What You Sow

edit on 21-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I guess while we're at it might as well remove BLM, OWS, Trump, Sanders, Hillary, Leslie Jones, Fouseytube, Pewdiepie and every other Twitter group whose fans harass and attack people on a daily basis.

But no, this is your response.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I guess while we're at it might as well remove BLM, OWS, Trump, Sanders, Hillary, Leslie Jones and every other group whose

What? You have no argument?

This is about Milo.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I dont know if hes instigating anything any more so than other people on twitter.

I can say hes opinionated and vocal about his opinions. Seems like twitter is going against the american spirit of free speech and expression by shutting down the voice of those whos opinions they dont like. Its their perogative. But its also hypocritical, can be interpreted as fairly unamerican and points towards obvious biases and sociopolitical agendas. Its their perogative again. Just like its mine to point out their shenannigans and judge them for it. But maybe i shouldnt be surprised they appear to have a unamerican fascist thing going on over at twitter they are 50 percent owned by some saudi prince who likely doesnt share the same ideologies that made america so noteworthy and admirable at one time.
edit on 21-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Sure. Ban her as well.

That does not negate the fact that Milo got what he deserved.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You made the point that people should be held responsible for what their supporters say. Your just all over the place on this aren't you?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

But you see, that's not going to happen. That's the point.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

But you see, that's not going to happen. That's the point.

Was there a similar response to her tweet as Milo had for his? Also, has she been warned and temporarily banned as Milo has?

Perhaps her violations had not met the same level as Milo's.

Either way, Milo got what he deserved. Can you agree with that?
edit on 21-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You made the point that people should be held responsible for what their supporters say. Your just all over the place on this aren't you?

This is about Milo.

Stop playing "pass the trash".

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I dont know if hes instigating anything any more so than other people on twitter.

Then you're not familiar with Milo and his methods.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Seems like twitter is going against the american spirit of free speech and expression by shutting down the voice of those whos opinions they dont like.

It is their right.

They are not the American government.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Bottom line is that Twitter do have the right to ban Milo, but they should apply their rules equally, which they have not done.

I also have a problem with any business making up rules that subvert the law of the land. Perhaps the govt should look at that. One could not , for example, open up a restaurant and have a rule that says whites only, so not sure why a company can apply a rule that says no free speech, your 1st amendment does not apply.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Seems like twitter is going against the american spirit of free speech and expression by shutting down the voice of those whos opinions they dont like.

It is their right.

They are not the American government.

So could a person open up a whites only restaurant, or refuse to bake a cake for gays, or refuse to cut a woman's hair in a barber shop? I am assuming by your logic that would be ok? after all none of those organisations would be the govt.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

This is about blatant targeted censorship of conservative media personalities. Milo isn't the first and he won't be the last.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Twitter has no problem with hosting the likes of ISIS. It's actually gotten so bad that this had to happen.

Israel Approves Bill Fining Twitter $78,000 For Every Terror-Promoting Post Not Removed

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join