It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Censors the Right Again: Milo Permanently Banned

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I guess I did not know that.

Interesting. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

I honestly don't give a #. Twitter can let Milo and everyone else spit their nonsense all over their platform all they want. I don't use twitter and I think it's rather stupid.

I don't do Twitter either.

Milo is an instigator. Something he fully admits.

He is not innocent. He's like the guy who yells "Fire" in a theater and then claims its all the fault of those reacting to it.

Oh, I know full well what kind of person Milo is.

He's a complete asshat that holds his sexual preferences over your head while he bashes you in the face with his over-the-top "conservatism". He thinks that just because he uses a derogatory term to refer to his "gayness", that he can use derogatory terms to describe other people as well.

The Right Wing loves him because he has become their token gay guy.

Have you listened to any of his interviews? He's an IT guy who has a talent for memorizing data - - - but, wants to be an entertainer.

He discovered being outrages in people's faces causes them to react.

His whole schtick is getting people to react. He's a loud mouth button pusher.

People need to figure this out and stop reacting to him.

Most of what he says I find to be true, though he is a loud mouth, no doubt about it.
The fact he pushes buttons is only because the buttons have been created by the very people he rails against. In fact there are more buttons appearing every day it seems.
I think he likes to wind up the professionally offended.

Maybe he should take his act to a comedy club where people pay to have their buttons pushed.

Maybe he should try debating someone on an intellectual level, instead of an emotional level.

He intentionally picks emotional targets, especially those related to women issues.

I'm personally not a supporter of his brand of instigating.

He seems quite intelligent.. I think he should be free to make his points. Twitter have decided to do what they did - their decision - but I think it would be unwise for him to limit his thoughts to comedy clubs. Maybe he feels he has a point and if some women don't like it, then tough, they can choose not to listen.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The problem is the emotional reasoning of the people triggered by his words, and not the words themselves. No one can push buttons with words, either literally or figuratively. People push their own buttons, yet puritans would rather punish someone else.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I think you're not a fan of being proven wrong and not being able to refute his points.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The problem is the emotional reasoning of the people triggered by his words, and not the words themselves. No one can push buttons with words, either literally or figuratively. People push their own buttons, yet puritans would rather punish someone else.

I think it plays to the spread of what I refer to as a 'me' culture. People are so self obsessed that they actually believe their own interpretation of others intent or words is important enough to warrant stopping others speaking.

The so called 'buttons' are just the tool set to achieve their aims. It actually leads to more division and more hatred because we all so damned offended all the time. It won't be long before we all have to carry around a list of things to be offended by because there are so many. Maybe a good app could listen in real time and alert us to our offence and appropriate response.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think it plays to the spread of what I refer to as a 'me' culture. People are so self obsessed that they actually believe their own interpretation of others intent or words is important enough to warrant stopping others speaking.

The so called 'buttons' are just the tool set to achieve their aims. It actually leads to more division and more hatred because we all so damned offended all the time. It won't be long before we all have to carry around a list of things to be offended by because there are so many. Maybe a good app could listen in real time and alert us to our offence and appropriate response.

Yes, it's projection, when someone has uncomfortable thoughts they project them onto others. In the absence of any evidence for racism, for instance, yet the racism charge is still made, it is the uncomfortable racist thoughts of the one making that charge where the only racism lies. The "regressive left" seems to employ this tactic all the time, consequently making them the most likely to charge innocents for racism, while the same time, the most racist people in the room. This Milo case is a good example of this.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Yes, it's projection, when someone has uncomfortable thoughts they project them onto others. In the absence of any evidence for racism, for instance, yet the racism charge is still made, it is the uncomfortable racist thoughts of the one making that charge where the only racism lies. The "regressive left" seems to employ this tactic all the time, consequently making them the most likely to charge innocents for racism, while the same time, the most racist people in the room. This Milo case is a good example of this.

I was trying to avoid the left / right paradigm because I think it can happen on both sides of that divide. Just different buttons.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

This is an interesting thread but most of you are missing the point.

It's not about right and left.

It's not about civility or viciousness.

It's about who you pick a fight with.

As long as MY was picking fights with people lower in the pecking order, he was safe. He and his buddies could be as foul as they liked.

This time, he picked a fight with someone above him in the league, someone with a hit movie with a zillion dollar PR budget. He got crushed.

If whatever-her-name-is-I-really-don't-care-and-won't-be-going-to-see-the-movie-anyway keeps punching down, she's OK. When her star fades and she picks a fight up, she'll get crushed.

It's not politics, it's not a conspiracy, it's good old fashioned schoolyard pecking orders.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: MysticPearl

This is an interesting thread but most of you are missing the point.

It's not about right and left.

It's not about civility or viciousness.

It's about who you pick a fight with.

As long as MY was picking fights with people lower in the pecking order, he was safe. He and his buddies could be as foul as they liked.

This time, he picked a fight with someone above him in the league, someone with a hit movie with a zillion dollar PR budget. He got crushed.

If whatever-her-name-is-I-really-don't-care-and-won't-be-going-to-see-the-movie-anyway keeps punching down, she's OK. When her star fades and she picks a fight up, she'll get crushed.

It's not politics, it's not a conspiracy, it's good old fashioned schoolyard pecking orders.

I agree on the fact it's not a left or right thing, but very much disagree that there is a pecking order in the way you describe (unless you meant a financial and influential pecking order).

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Twitter Finally Gets Rid of Racist, Misogynist Douche Bag : Milo Permanently Banned

There. I fixed it for you.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Twitter Finally Gets Rid of Racist, Misogynist Douche Bag : Milo Permanently Banned

You pressed your button.

This is video of a girl pressing her own button in protest over Milo speaking at her Uni.

edit on 20/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

I think you're not a fan of being proven wrong and not being able to refute his points.

You're wrong.

I stated he has a talent for memorizing statistics.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You pressed your button.

This is video of a girl pressing her own button in protest over Milo speaking at her Uni.

Comparing a rather milk toast comment to some girl throwing around large objects and screaming is kind of a stretch. Most reasonable people will recognize this without prompting, but it's clear that you need a little help.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I honestly don't give a #. Twitter can let Milo and everyone else spit their nonsense all over their platform all they want. I don't use twitter and I think it's rather stupid.

I don't do Twitter either.

Milo is an instigator. Something he fully admits.

He is not innocent. He's like the guy who yells "Fire" in a theater and then claims its all the fault of those reacting to it.

Oh, I know full well what kind of person Milo is.

He's a complete asshat that holds his sexual preferences over your head while he bashes you in the face with his over-the-top "conservatism". He thinks that just because he uses a derogatory term to refer to his "gayness", that he can use derogatory terms to describe other people as well.

The Right Wing loves him because he has become their token gay guy.

Have you listened to any of his interviews? He's an IT guy who has a talent for memorizing data - - - but, wants to be an entertainer.

He discovered being outrages in people's faces causes them to react.

His whole schtick is getting people to react. He's a loud mouth button pusher.

People need to figure this out and stop reacting to him.

Most of what he says I find to be true, though he is a loud mouth, no doubt about it.
The fact he pushes buttons is only because the buttons have been created by the very people he rails against. In fact there are more buttons appearing every day it seems.
I think he likes to wind up the professionally offended.

Maybe he should take his act to a comedy club where people pay to have their buttons pushed.

Maybe he should try debating someone on an intellectual level, instead of an emotional level.

He intentionally picks emotional targets, especially those related to women issues.

I'm personally not a supporter of his brand of instigating.

He seems quite intelligent.. I think he should be free to make his points. Twitter have decided to do what they did - their decision - but I think it would be unwise for him to limit his thoughts to comedy clubs. Maybe he feels he has a point and if some women don't like it, then tough, they can choose not to listen.

Yes. I agree he is intelligent.

And if someone agrees to debate him and let's him push their buttons --- they are responsible.

I personally do not support 100% free speech. I personally do not support irresponsible instigating.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the worst cases of censorship ever...

Here are some of the more enlightening things Leslie has said on Twitter.

ok you white girls are starting to look alike like a muther#a.I swear i went to high school with them two girls!#ainteventryingtolookdiff

Lord have mercy...white people s***

wait a minute is solomon sitting by a white women…#imgonnaf***himup

get the # outta here a white boy is best dj wtf?

Ok...black republicans? (blank stare), isn't that an oxymoron emphasis on "moron" #needemojitoexpressblankstare #thoughtitwasamyth #unicorn

Yo them dudes with the curls on the side of they head does that make them more Jewish? For real I need to know. #LAXBLUES

My Favorite...

@whitebecky1776 bitch I want to tell you about your self but I'm gonna let everybody else do it I'm gonna retweet your hate!! Get her!

Who is the victim here again?
After the Milo incident...

Twitter I understand you got free speech I get it. But there has to be some guidelines when you let spread like that. You can see on the

Breitbart

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Or in other words;

Twitter silenced an opinion I don't agree with and therefor don't want to here.

What some don't understand and what's considered racist, misogynist and douchey is in the eye of the beholder. You first have to be sensitive and offended enough to let it bother you. A good example is the word f****t, which a number might consider offensive. Milo, an openly flamboyant gay, does not. So some allow societies ever-changing definitions of words trigger them while others accept they're just words.

For something to be deemed offensive requires one to allow themselves to be offended first. And this attack on the meaning and offensive of words is a relatively new thing in its quantity and is a byproduct of more and more allowing themselves to get offended by simple words.
edit on 20-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
This has got to be one of the worst cases of censorship ever...

Here are some of the more enlightening things Leslie has said on Twitter.

ok you white girls are starting to look alike like a muther#a.I swear i went to high school with them two girls!#ainteventryingtolookdiff

Lord have mercy...white people s***

wait a minute is solomon sitting by a white women…#imgonnaf***himup

get the # outta here a white boy is best dj wtf?

Ok...black republicans? (blank stare), isn't that an oxymoron emphasis on "moron" #needemojitoexpressblankstare #thoughtitwasamyth #unicorn

Yo them dudes with the curls on the side of they head does that make them more Jewish? For real I need to know. #LAXBLUES

My Favorite...

@whitebecky1776 bitch I want to tell you about your self but I'm gonna let everybody else do it I'm gonna retweet your hate!! Get her!

Who is the victim here again?
After the Milo incident...

Twitter I understand you got free speech I get it. But there has to be some guidelines when you let spread like that. You can see on the

Breitbart

Yes this woman is quite obviously a racist bully that actively incites her followers to attack other people. Then she gets someone else banned for NOT inciting anyone else. This might blow up in Twitters face.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I personally do not support 100% free speech. I personally do not support irresponsible instigating.

Anyone can label any speech they don't like "irresponsible instigating". Your lack of foresight (and others) is disturbing and will likely come back to bite us all in the near future.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Twitter is so partisan... no agenda here guys!
edit on 20-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join