It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
I used to go to a lot in the 90's. I'm surprised I can still hear.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark Me too, Skid, but back in the 70s, and a few in the 80s

Hey Mike I did get to see Led Zep, at a "Day on the green" in Oakland Cali. It was awesome. The stage was Stonehenge set.
I love Cat Stevens music, but never saw him. I did get to see the Eagles, and Fleetwood Mac, Blue Oyster cult, the Kinks, Alice Cooper, REO speedwagon. We went back stage with REO, they were very nice The drummer was crazy about my daughter, she is a toe head. his hair was about the same color. He picked her up and she sat on his lap while they all did autographs for her

edit on 9-7-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just made some cold Gazspacho soup. Its chilling in the fridge now. I used one of Barefoot Contessas recipies

Ingredients✓

1 hothouse cucumber, halved and seeded, but not peeled

2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded

4 plum tomatoes

1 red onion

3 garlic cloves, minced

23 ounces tomato juice (3 cups)

1/4 cup white wine vinegar

1/4 cup good olive oil

1/2 tablespoon kosher salt

1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Roughly chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions into 1-inch cubes. Put each vegetable separately into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not overprocess!

After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add the garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.

Copyright 1999 The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

The stage was Stonehenge set.

It must have been better than that then.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Ditto! We usually left the big concerts with our ears ringing. And with some of the gigs I did myself back in the 1990s and early 2000s it's amazing I have any hearing left at all.

Back in 1998 we did a gig at a rock festival in this beautiful place called Mala Skala (which means Little Rock). A whole weekend thing. We were not a lead act, but it was still pretty wild. We got to meet all the top people and they were great. The organizers had a great stage setup, with a pretty decent sound system for all the bands to plug into. Something like 100,000 watts stereo, running through a 32 channel desk, IIRC.

ETA: I still have the promo poster from that show. Kept one to show my grandchildren one day. (Has my name on it with the band I was with.) My fifteen minutes of fame. Well... About an hour, actually, as that was our set!

But yeah, it was pretty loud. I loved it! Now I know why a lot of the bigger/louder bands wear earplugs while they perform.

edit on 9/7/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That thing with REO sounds so cool. I hope your daughter remembers that. What a buzz!

Most music industry people are pretty cool. I met some of the bigger names in this part of the world (ie, big fish in a smallish pond) and only knew of one who was a real, first-class jerk. He'll remain nameless. But people told me he was like that even before he became famous. However, no denying he's talented, and on stage that nasty side doesn't show. So, sometimes that's just the way folks are. They'd be jerks no matter what their job was.

I recall one night we were doing a gig at a small but really atmospheric little place called the Blues Sklep (Blues Cellar). The cellar is about 800 years old and you really feel the sense of all those years and those people who've been there.

Well, during one of our breaks, this guy came over to our table and asked if we'd mind if he played blues harmonica with us. Just to jam a bit.

This guy was one of the very best blues harmonica players in this part of the world. And he asked if we'd mind!

Mind?
We were rapt! So he opened his case of harmonicas (had the full set, all Hohner special 20's IIRC), plugged in his harmonica mike and away we went. And yes, he was just jaw-droppingly brilliant. But so modest.

Okay folks, must log out for the night. Coming up to 11pm. Hoping tomorrow my wife has as good a day as today. And thank you all for allowing me to share a little here. It helps.

edit on 9/7/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Lol, I was 10 years old and I made my dad take me to see Ozzy. Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat opened. It was 1981.

I love this version.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just to damn hot here ...can't do nothing outside for long...

hope everyone is doing ok!!

Just dropping in..

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

True Love
Your car was parked alone, my car was alone too. As we drove the highway of life our cars started to meet. I know your alone here too, can we be friends.

The two cars started drifting around holding mirrors. Seeing reflections of love as the drifted. The two were seen out and about staring into each other's headlamps. Blinking and winking.

One car is older but the other did not mind. One day the two cars became one...❤️

edit on 7 9 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 9 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Your welcome Skid, hope you get your medical coverage!

JustMike, Sounds like you and Dada had such a lovely day and her reaction was indeed great and encouraging.
I saw a ton of concerts when I was younger and got to meet a lot of members. It was a lot of fun. Some amazing talent!
So you were in a band once? You'll have to tell us more.

Syx always, always love the dragon stuff!!!!

I'm still waiting to see another pic of your girl Q!

Hi Krypto! It's finally cool and comfy around here. What a difference in temps!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
The site said I qualify. It's just a matter of waiting for them to get back to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Waves at Rider! Sorry, I meant to include you in my earlier reply. That is so cool going to a concert with your daughter and her getting autographs and all. I bet she still talks about it today!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yay! Very happy to hear this! I figured you would get it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Oh, my...

I could hug you right now. So happy for you both.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hi Night,

can't sleep. 1 am here. Just a bit too wired right now. Need to let my mind process a lot of stuff.

Hoping, hoping, hoping. Just hoping so much. You understand more than many would. You've been in that dark place and had to hope and pray.

Trying to put my desperate hopes aside a little and just let my mind drift and not worry all the time, you know. But it's so hard. She's my world. I've built my own future around her.

Oh, Lord... Let her be well again!

How can a guy with so little faith hope for miracles? Do you understand me?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I played this to death when I was a teenager and it was a new release. Fell in love with their music before I really fell in love with a girl.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I can read the pain in your words and I just want to offer HUGS to you

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

you have been heard

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Thank you. I'm glad for them, Kaelci of the Wonderful Words. (And yes, you write wonderfully. You have The Gift, you truly have. I mean that most sincerely. You're a blessing for many.)

Forgive me for being selfish in my own words afore these in my last post. This should be a happy thread.

Positives: we can focus on them. She seemed better today than she was yesterday. When we were out and about on our random trip to downtown, she went three hours with barely any delusions at all. That's wonderful. It has been many moons since she was last so clear in her mind. (For Czechs, the word for "month" is the same as for "moon".)

And when she went to bed, she actually stayed there and slept, and sleeps peacefully still. My heart is glad for her, because this is not like the past few weeks, where'd she'd go through the "sleep" routine maybe three or four times before settling down. This night, she simply went to bed and slept, and that's special, because it means her mind was at rest.

What a blessing for her that is!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

As the wonderful Miss Night Star, Elven Mistress of the Shedlands often tells us - this may be a happy place, but it is also a place for those who are sad and need friendship, a shoulder to cry on, a hug to receive.

It's wonderful that your wife had such a positive day today! And fingers crossed for many more wonderful days, and nights, to come.

(And I do thank you for your words also; I feel awkward receiving compliments, so, I don't thank people as often as I should, but I do! I thank you!)

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join