It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
They're saying she's brain dead. If somebody is brain dead, don't they have to be hooked up to machines to live? She isn't on machines. She's breathing on her own. I'm confused.

I hope I can get on it soon. I need money in a bad way. I hate not being able to work.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I would imagine that they would have to be hooked up to a machine. Hmmm...I don't know. Is she in the end of life care, where they have her on morphine and kept as comfortable as possible, but allow the person to die?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Nope, no machine.

She's in a regular hospital. They took her off a respirator and she's breathing on her own. She has a no resuscitate order.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

How old is she and what put her in the coma?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
She's in her 50's. Well, she had emphysema and got sick. She went to the hospital. That's all I know. Nobody tells me anything. All I know is I woke up today and somebody told me she was dead.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

That's a hell of a thing to wake up to. And then they got the story wrong. Sheesh! We always hope for the best, but prepare ourselves in case. I'll pray for her Skid, it doesn't hurt. I'll pray for you too that things turn around for the best for you.

So if she owns the house, is it a Son of hers you are living with? Does he have brothers and Sisters? I was facing the same thing when my Mom died. Thankfully we ended up with the nicest landlords who kept the rent affordable. You are living with a few guys there?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Going to bed Skid. We can talk more tomorrow. Try to get some rest.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

Her daughter lived here and took care of her. She and her husband moved a trailer onto the property and they've been in that the past week or so. Right now it's me, the dude that pees himself, and my friend's grandma in the house.

Off to bed. I'm beat. Talk to you tomorrow. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Just a update. We went to Santa Barbara. Her parents live there. She wanted her parents to meet me. Lol. We swam at her parents pool.

I bought a life proof case for my iPhone six months ago. I found out it was not waterproof. I leaked and wrecked my phone.

Edie and I had a great time in Santa Barbara. We drove back and stopped for fish and chips. Edie and I drank two Martinis at my house and chit chated with My friend Taylor. We both fell asleep and she is sound asleep. So cute. She is camera shy. I took a photo of her and she said she looks bad and once she looks better I can take a better photo. Lol. I told her but you look great.

edit on 7 9 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
Just a update. We went to Santa Barbara. Her parents live there. She wanted her parents to meet me. Lol. We swam at her parents pool.
I bought a life proof case for my iPhone six months ago. I found out it was not waterproof. I leaked and wrecked my phone.
Edie and I had a great time in Santa Barbara. We drove back and stopped for fish and chips. Edie and I drank two Martinis at my house and chit chated with My friend Taylor. We both fell asleep and she is sound asleep. So cute. She is camera shy. I took a photo of her and she said she looks bad and once she looks better I can take a better photo. Lol. I told her but you look great.

Never trust those life proof cases!!!! LOL

My girls have ruined so many phones, I think I am the 'what car ruin a phone' expert!

Glad you had a good time.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It's my second life proof case and the last. I spent 80 to wreck my phone lol

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I can't sleep just like you. I tried but nope. I feel like running around and jumping. It's 3 am

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
I can't sleep just like you. I tried but nope. I feel like running around and jumping. It's 3 am

Cause you is in love brother!!!! LMAO

I stopped reading internet sites late, watched a movie (the witch) read some of a book my brother sent me with the absolutely tiniest font you can ever imagine! Went to sleep about 2-ish.

I'm actually up late for me! It's 5 here!

Go jog maybe and then hot shower and then you may can slip into bed and rest.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Small font is hard. You have good eyes. Was your movie good? I might take a jog and a cold shower! Thank you Chirp. I will go jog good idea. You always save the day! I appreciate you so much.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

It was....different.

The dialogue was difficult to understand and hear at times. A little heavy on the accents and difficult to follow IMO.

There was an awful lot of thee and thou, etc. It was set in the colonial times.

Anyway, it killed a few hours.

Have a nice morning Q!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Thanks Chirp have a great day. I will go for a 3:30 am jog with the crazy people. Lol

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

It's not Venice mate ... lol !

Check out the markets along the beach walk while you are there !

Did you see the buried yacht right on the tide line ?

* cold shower is only one of the solutions ... 😈

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Hi Kaelci, hi everyone.

I also read your replies, Kaelci. I don't mind if they turn into novels.

Good to hear that you'll take care of gallbladder op thing if it ever becomes necessary. Hoping it doesn't.

Meanwhile -- for everyone -- I haven't caught up yet. Kaelci's post is as far as I've got.

Thanks to you all for support and kind comments.

Okay, back to reading... Not sure how long it'll be until I post again. Sometime between a few minutes and six hours, I would guess.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi JustMike, how are you and Dada feeling? As always it is good to see you!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Had to stop to reply to this.

Skid, very sorry to hear this. Losing a friend is bad enough, but the other worry of having a place to live on top of that? Really hoping it'll work out for you!

ETA: I've since read your update posts. Still a bad situation if she's in a coma, but at least she's alive.

And "brain dead" is not really a very precise term, because it implies a person's brain has zero function at all, while it often has. I suspect that as she is still able to breath unaided then there might be some function. But if you recall the case of the lady in FL a few years ago who had brain damage and whose husband argued for withdrawing her feeding, she was obviously not "brain dead" but after a lot of court cases, the final decision was that she wasn't aware and she was allowed to die. Awful situation.

edit on 9/7/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join