It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
My last vehicle was a pickup with a stick. It's a bit of a challenge.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Im sorry to hear about your situation Skid. Night Star is right, you should be able to get healthcare for free.

As far as driving.... I absolutely love to drive. I was driving gokarts and mnini bikes since I was in elementary school. As a kid I used to go out into building developements and find giant landmovers and tractors. They usually hid the key under the seat. Id start them up and drive them all around, and see what all the levers did. In high school I took drivers education at 16, and the coach used to have me get on the hiway then he'd take a nap. Id be flying down the freeway at over 80MPH. The kids in the back seat would be wide eyed but never told. I love driving motorcycles, trucks on and off road, cars, boats, jetskis and planes (Cessna 220). I even owned a hang glider for a few years or so, until I got married

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
Thanks. I gave them my email address and I'm waiting to hear back so I can apply.

I love driving. I haven't for a few years because my truck broke down and I can't afford another vehicle.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark Little by little you can pull yourself back up.

Driving the 30 sometimes made me nervous, but that was because the brakes took awhile to stop. I actually even threw it in reverse and used the clutch to slow me down before.
I was out in the country, and a train track ran along side the road. A train came up next to me, and I put the pedal to the metal. The engineer was blowing his horn, and waving,and Im blasting the ahooguh horn, and we were waving back.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I had a car with bad brakes. It was scary to drive.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Could you imagine Tech waking up this morning, stuck to his pillow with blood. with a massive hangover to boot. Poor guy. You have to pull the pilllow out of the pillowcase, and wet the case in ther shower, in order to get it unstuck

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I know I'm a little late to the party about men going to the hospital but here's what I think of that: Duck tape and toilet paper is all men need!..... maybe some super glue.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I know I'm a little late to the party about men going to the hospital but here's what I think of that: Duck tape and toilet paper is all men need!..... maybe some super glue.
At least till the next day, after the buzz wears off

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Just missed you by a gnats whisker bro ! Lol.

One day ... BAM ! We will have a head on ! Haha ! 😎

Morning all !
A grey Saturday morning here but the shed is bright and sunny with a hint of love in the air ... winks at Q.

Hope everyone has a spectacular weekend !! 😎

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wish people would get their crap together. I spent the day thinking my friend was dead. My other friend's grandma talked to her son and nope. She was taken off the respirator and in a coma. Still not good but not dead.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hopefully she comes out of it

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

(WHoooooSH) Just missed you again Man! WTF anyway?!?!?

I hope You are well Bro!
Maybe next time We'll hit Head On!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I am glad for Her, and You She isn't dead. But being in the shape She is in now does not sound very good either, so...
At least, for now, You have shelter.

BUT DO NOT give up on trying for medical coverage Man!
CC went through same stuff where She was denied. We tried again, and denied again. Basically they said She DID NOT have enough proof, Documentation, that there are problems in Her lower back, and also neck vertebrae...

I kept tellin Her over the years, get it on paper! DOCUMENTATION is what is needed for successful disability. If it is NOT on paper, there is NOTHING they can see that proves disability is needed for You! See what I mean?

I had PLENTY of doc's showing my messed up back and all 4 of the surgeries that were necessary, so I got the disability almost right away!

EDIT: I mean even go to the E.R. dept in the middle of the night, repeatedly throughout a week or two, to get stuff written down that You were/are in pain, etc....

edit on 8-7-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I am with You here Rider. I feel for her relatives in this situation, Ya know?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks. I hope so, too.

Thanks, man.

I'm waiting on the email from the site Night posted. Hopefully I hear something from them soon. Then I can finally get to a doctor and get stuff done.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hey I learned to drive in a little Chevy Luv pickup truck with My Bio Dad. It was a stick shift, and LOT'S of Fun!

I think stick shifts should be used for drivers ed in school. I mean, anyone almost can drive an automatic, right? Like in an emergency situation there may ONLY be a stick shift vehic, and someone needs to get to a hospital like NOW! If whoever can't drive a stick, then that injured person may be screwed! Right?!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I learned to drive on a stick and an automatic, and a riding mower lol. The stick wasn't hard to learn. These days, it's a good way to make sure your car isn't stolen.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I did learn in an automatic, but my first car, which I bought for myself was a 1966 MG Midget, with a 1967 1275CC Austin Healy engine under the hood. I was 16. I immediatly pulled the engine and rebuilt it all by myself. I loved that little car

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Don't Ya love being mechanically inclined? I know I do!

My brother in law, almost 60 I guess(?) can't even change a tire! He stood there, it was a few years back now I guess, and watched His Wife, CC's Sister, change their flat tire! I don't even think He knows how to change the fluid in a Hi-Def headlight! I mean, Really?!?!?

EDIT: Oh, That car You mentioned would have been cool as hell to have, especially at that age!! Yah Buddy!!

edit on 8-7-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Riding mowers are fun Bro! I remember taking My Dad's old wheel horse rider mower and backing up at full speed, then jamming it into forward. (it had a hydrostatic transmission), to lift the front wheels up off the ground! A riding mower wheelie!! Then one day He was out back mowing, and the front wheels broke and fell off, outwards! He was freakin out trying to figure out Why that even happened!! I laughed My ass off and never told Him Why that happened, for years!! (We were always fighting with each other back then and I figured, screw Him!) A few years ago I finally told Him what happened. We are getting along just fine nowadays so I thought, why not tell Him... He just stared at Me for about 5 minutes, then laughed hard!!!!! LMFAO!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join