It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky and strange stories of ATS members sharing thread!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I've got plenty, but here's a few short ones (warning: Long thread alert) :

1. I went to bed one night, and at some point I woke up and turned off both my alarms on accident (there's a reason I have two: One to catch me before I am running late, because I always end up disabling the first alarm). Well, I was in the middle of a semi-lucid dream, when I felt the presence of something that...wasn't positive. I began to hear in a mocking, condescending, and downright creepiest voice possible saying things like "foss, it's time to geeet up; youuurrreee going to be sooooo late; you're dreaming! It's time to move!". I woke up, and saw I was 30 seconds from the time my second alarm should have gone off - Thank You?

On the side - what makes it a bit creepier is that not only did this voice appear to be external to me (aka, whispered into my ear), but when I awoke there was a black "blob" that vanished after a couple minutes hovering near the ceiling.

2. I was driving home from visiting my dad one day, and noticed that a white truck was going the same direction I was. The road itself has literally no traffic lights for miles, and there really isn't a speed limit. What was unnerving to me (which makes it spooky and strange), is that I noticed he was riding my bumper to the point where if I had to stop, he would have been a goner. We were in a "no passing" section, so I naturally assumed the guy was a moron (tailgating because he wasn't satisfied with my 60mph) and thought nothing of it. We get to a passing section, and you'd think he would just go around me, right?

Well, here's what happened, which still scares me a bit: Whenever there was a "no passing" sign, he would get extremely close to my bumper (keep in mind, I'm still going the same speed). Whenever the lane allowed for passing, he would slow down until he was 6-8 car lengths behind me, and not try to pass at all. This is with no cars whatsoever in the other lane. As soon as it came to a no-passing section, he'd gun it until he was riding my bumper again.

At some point, another car passed him and got between us, and I lost him after that; kept expecting him to turn up on a road in front of me somewhere.

3. Recently, I went antiquing out in a local city - The downstairs level was actually nice. I went upstairs, and immediately noticed something was off: First off, I felt like I was being stared at (there were security cameras, but I know the difference between someone staring and a camera). Second, it seemed like there was dust hanging around in the air; it wasn't as visible as down below, but I couldn't see any dust particles floating around. Third, all while I was up there I still felt like I was being watched, and looked back several times. The lights also flickered on occasion, with the spookiest flicker being on the stairs just before I went back down.

Told the owners about it, and they pointed me to a log for people to write their experiences in: I wasn't the only one that felt spooked (apparently, my mom thought the upstairs felt creepy the first time she went in there, about 15-20 years ago).

4. I dreamed about something that came true while I was dreaming about it, but I wasn't aware of it happening - the story is under the dreams and predictions forum if you're interested.

5. The day I got my ouija board, I saw an orb in the same room - it was almost like someone threw a silver tennis ball across my field of vision. I saw it twice: That night and one other night a couple months later.

6. I once found a handgun in the woods next to my old house. I was maybe 7 at the time, and the gun must have been there for a couple years prior, due to how much dirt was on/in it. I was actually trying to squeeze the trigger (yep, candidate for a Darwin Award), and some person saw me, grabbed the gun, and threw it into the woods. The strange part to this is: Why was the gun out there, and why did the person throw the gun away instead of holding onto it? I'm assuming he went back for it later, but it remains a mystery to me. Never saw the guy again.

7. Final one: Back when I was little, I had a bit of a strange hallucination: Whenever I would ride in a car, I would imagine that there was a figure running alongside the car. The figure would usually be doing some kind of parkour (IE: Running up trees, jumping from buildings, running on telephone wires, etc). Now, I'd say that's not too creepy...except that I'm not the only one that experienced this when I was little - I'm finding out now that other people used to experience this.

-foss

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Put this in short stories a long time ago ,
but didn't mention it really happened ......

My girlfriend was originally from the islands . She had an enormous family ,
brothers , sisters, first , second ,third cousins , aunts and uncles , and everyone
in between .!
Most of whom lived on the mainland , near us . There was hardly
a week go by without another wedding , christening , or funeral to attend .
Or all three !
I'm not big on funerals , and I usually came up with an excuse not to go.
On this particular weekend it was not considered optional , so of course I went .
Her Auntie Merry had passed away unexpectedly , and when we arrived at the
house , there was the usual crowd of about three hundred . These events were
always fully catered , and I made myself comfortable , with food and drink , in a
shaded part of the back yard . Everyone seemed to know me , but I'm pretty
hopeless at remembering all of them , so it was "oh yeah" , "now I remember"
but usually I didn't .
Her whole family were very religious Mormons , and being Islanders , they had
a whole raft of traditions and ceremonies for these occasions , but I guess I never
paid much attention to what was going on .
After lunch , someone told me they were going inside the house, to pay their
respects ,and there was an open coffin . I had never done this before , but got the
impression that this time , it was the right thing to do .
I sauntered through the crowd outside, and wandered to the living room where
the coffin was .

There didn't seem to be anybody else inside , until I reached the coffin . No big
deal I thought , they'll be in here in a minute . I said a silent prayer over Auntie
Merry , and as I turned to leave , two guys in suits , [who I hadn't met before],
and an elderly island girl ,.....
stopped me and asked what I was doing inside the house , before the Elders
had performed their ceremony . That was not allowed , they explained , and I
was shown the door , and asked to wait outside until then .
Upon exiting the house , I was confronted by the Elders , and they to
admonished my premature entrance . I explained that the two guys inside had
just told me to get out , and why .
The Elders turned to each other , eyebrows raised , then back to me , and said
that nobody [no pun intended] , was in the house!
They insisted I accompany them back inside to point out the three strangers .

We walked through every room , and you know what , they had disappeared
into thin air ! You just never know ... or do you ?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I just don't know what it was but I think you may have something. There was a kind of familiarity about it but it wasn't good. I have tried hard to push that experience behind me. Thank you for sharing that with me.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
many years ago about 1971 i think it was my family and i moved from rye to hastings ,both towns in east sussex england.the house we moved to had some issures to say the least.when i was in my bedroom at night doing my homework there was a shadow of a man standing in the doorway who i always saw from the corner of my eye.it was like he was leaning against the doorpost like a real person might do if you were talking to someone in the room.one of my sisters saw a ghost of a ww1 soldier covered in bandages on the stairs. another sister had the ghost of a cat on the end of her bed and couldnt move for ages.my mum who was in most of the day had it worse ,when she was in the kitchen she heard a noise like a huge wave ,the back door would open and then she heard one footstep in the kitchen,she also felt something brush past her when she was sat in the living room many times.we stayed in the house for 18 months the same amount of time as the last family.the night before we moved my mum and i both watched a shadow of a skull appear in a wall in the living room ,i was only 14 years old at that time but i will never forget what we went through.we only talked about what we had seen after we moved but some of my family saw nothing and called us stupid.about 40 years later i spoke to a man in bexhill who i got talking to at work, he also lived not far from this house maybe 10 houses away and he said his house was stange.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Do you remember any of the symbols? Do you think that caused later events?

Sorry don't know what any of the symbols were, didn't go back to find out after the old lady ghost i seen in the mirror was standing next to me when i turned round.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Since I've already written some spoilers about what happened just this 8th of May, I figured it won't be any harm revealing more about the Giant from Sumatra.

Sometime in late November or early December last year, 2015, as I was trying to get some sleep, I suddenly felt lightweight and began to float above my own physical body. This was not the first time something like this happened. However it was the first time that it was very clear and vivid, not dreamlike. It was also slightly different than the past experiences in that while I was aware of what's going on around my conscious self that is starting to drift out, I was also aware of what is going on around my physical self. So it was a very strange sensation being able to hear sounds in the neighborhood from two different positions.

The whole thing happened five nights in a row. On the first night I was simply drifting about with hardly any control of where I am drifting. On the second night when it happened again I was able to will myself to various positions that my consciousness can See. On the third night I had much better control, I was able to gain elevation or decrease it at will, as well as change position rapidly.

And that's when it happened. I was gaining more elevation so that I could See further. I was able to see the usual plethora of unexplained things, things I suspect are life forms made of a different kind of energy we are not certain about yet. Those are normal. You got your birdlike things, things that look like travelling mists, the occasional humanoid form that's very thin and elongated. Nothing terribly disconcerting. Until I turned my Gaze towards Sumatra.

I spotted a huge beast of a creature. Massive. Literally mountainous for it was as big as a volcano and was actually sitting on a mountain. It was quite horrendous to look at, dark and almost metallic, with immense horns and a fierce pair of glowing orange eyes. I was shocked. Then I was terrified when the beast turned it's head and stared at me directly.

I took that as a queue to stop projecting. With a great rush I was back in my physical self. And the next two nights when I found myself drifting out again, I would avoid looking towards the West. Curiosity would get the better of me and I would eventually look West only to See that the Giant was still observing me. And I would rush back into myself.

Now the truly disconcerting thing was that even after those five days, when I no longer drifted out but was solidly in my own physical self, I would See the Giant from Sumatra observing me. I would think to myself, "dude that's just rude, man. I'm no longer looking at you, why are you staring at me?"

Months later, on the 29th of April 2016, I was in a shuttle heading to the airport. I looked to the west and I saw the Giant. It was no longer just staring at me. It started to walk in a path that would intercept me. My heart started to beat really fast.

557x

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

OK, here is one for you. In my youth, I was kind of a punk. Not bad per say, but just real good at BSing my way out of trouble and not getting caught. One night, my friend and I acquired some beer, and set off to dispose of it properly. We were 16 at the time. We went out to this place which had the reputation of being haunted. Well, my buddy is a heck of a nice guy, but a really #ty driver. He backed off into a ditch and got us stuck. So before beer 1 could be drank, we are stuck in a ditch in front of a haunted cemetery with a case of cheap beer in 16oz long neck returnable bottles, and we are 16. Obviously, the beer needs to be hidden before any adults come. So I am elected to be the guy to run into the woods of the haunted cemetery, in the dark, and hide said beer. I was into knifes at the time, so I had two small pocket knifes with me that I thought might provide protection from whatever horror awaits me in the woods. Needless to say, I was able to make it past all the ghosts and goblins to accomplish my task. We went door to door until someone answered and let us use the phone to call for a tow truck to pull us out.

There is a happy ending. We were able to go back the next day and retrieve the beer, So we had that going for us.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm so excited about this thread!

A few years ago, my mom got this cat, named Hairy-it, she was a rather large manecoon. This cat hated me, any time I would visit I would get randomly attacked, or she would stalk me through the house and just watch me. It was really weird. She didn't do this to anyone else, just me.

It became kind of a joke in the family. Over the years she got meaner and meaner, and weirder and weirder. She would try and climb the wall, or even knock things off of shelves on to me. She would crap in my shoes, and even started to attack my dogs.

This cat was totally mental. She wouldn't clean herself, she never meowed, and some times she would just face the wall for hours.

Anyways while visiting over thanksgiving, she got hit by a car, a couple years ago, my dad found her, and picked her up and brought her in, she was crushed, it was graphic and bad. My dad thought he had felt a heart beat still, but wasn't sure, so to be sure she was in zero pain he took her outback and well, he used a gun. It was winter time in Michigan so the ground was frozen, so I wrapped her up nicely, said a few words, placed her in a nice box, in the frozen garage, till morning, so my mom ( who wasn't home) could make a decision on what to do.

This all happened around 8pm, I put the kid to bed at 9, and I myself was asleep by 1030 pm. At around midnight, my son wakes me up calling for me, so I go to where he was sleeping and he tells me Hairy-it wants in, she was at the window. I have a talk with him about it ( he was 6 at the time) he goes to sleep. I chalked it up to a dream and go back to bed.

Now I was preggars with my daughter at the time, so I was no stranger to weird dreams. At about 2 am, I wake up and Hairy-it was sitting on the foot of my bed staring at me. Mangled and all, I screamed ( like a b*#%h) and jumped out of bed and flipped on the light. Nothing there. My dad had heard the scream and came running down stairs with his shot gun. He laughed at me, and gave me crap for being a big sissy...

Now I know even to this day, I had woken up, THEN seen that damn cat.
I didn't sleep the rest of the night.

About 6 am the next morning I'm up having coffee with dad, when he tells me that mom got in at 4am, he broke the news to her, etc ect.

Mom decided later that morning that she wanted the cat to be cremated, so I was going to take her to the vet to have it done. I go out to the garage where I know I left the box with the cat in it and the box is open and that cat is gone.

I open the garage door and there are cat tracks in the snow leading away from the house ( she was the only cat they had) so I followed them. They went around the house to my son's window, to the back door, in through the cat door.

We looked all frigging day! Couldn't find her anywhere. My dad is freaking out, because he made sure she was dead, and there was no way she could be alive. We didn't find her by bed time that night, so when every one went to bed, I couldn't sleep. That cat hated me, now it's a zombie screw that, I'm not falling asleep.

I blocked the cat door, I grabbed my ball bat, and I sat in bed all night awake. At about midnight I hear my dad yell and run through the house. I dash my pregnant butt upstairs as dad runs out the back door. Him and mom had been in bed asleep, when he had been woken up by what felt like a cat jumping on the bed, then mom said hi harry-it baby, and didn't actually wake up. It took him a minute to register what just happened and when it did he yelled and got up, he chased her out the cat door, which wasn't blocked like I left it, and out into the yard.

The next morning I went into the garage, and there was that evil zombie cat in the box where she was put, but not wrapped like I had done 2 nights before. I closed the box and used a whole new roll of duct tape and tapped that sucker shut good. Then I took it to the woods, called a friend he came out and met me, after I told him the story, he helped me dig into the frozen ground and bury the box.

Dad swears to this day, that he sees her out his window sometimes, out in the yard, just sitting and staring at the house.

I went to visit last year, and while parked in the driveway, something sliced one of my car tires. Dad doesn't have cats anymore, the new wife doesn't allow it. I left a pair of muddy boots out in the garage while in for lunch, came out about an hour later, there is cat sh*t in one.

It's weird, and I believe that that cat is an evil zombie cat.
I haven't been back to the burial spot, I really don't want to check it out, but I am curious if the body is still there...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've had several experiences. Here is one that isn't spooky... just weird.

This happened back in my high school days...

One night, there was a storm with lightening, thunder, gusting wind and heavy rain. At that time, we still had an exterior television antenna on the roof and the cable that hung from the antenna was outside of my bedroom wall. My room's only window faced the backyard and the outside cable was to the right of it. Whenever it rained hard or it was windy, I could hear the antenna cable out hit the outside of my wall; it was a bit freaky when I was a kid. During this storm, the rain was falling in sheets off the roof; they made a rhythm.

Through the sounds of the water falling sheets and the booming thunder, I heard sloshing outside in the backyard; my mind made me think it was footsteps in the mud. And they were walking towards my bedroom window. The time was about 11pm; I was wondering what my dad was doing outside at that hour and in a storm; my bedroom window and curtains were closed. The footsteps got louder and then stopped outside my window. You know that odd feeling that someone was standing nearby and staring at you? That's what I felt, but this one was outside my curtains. Alas, you know imagination and how it tends to wander. Leaving the light off, just in case someone was there, I quietly went to check on my parents and they were both asleep. So, I figured I was just having an overactive imagination... no big deal.

Upon returning to my room, it still felt like someone was outside my window and I went over to the curtains. I was half-wanting lightning to flash, so I could find out; and half not wanting lightning to strike, if that makes sense. "Fear" got the better of me and I didn't pursue opening the curtain to look outside. I quietly crept back into my bed and somehow managed to fall asleep.

The next day, the rain had stopped and all was sunny. I walked home from high school and, as usual, got home before my parents. Before dinner, dad asked me what I had been doing walking around in his boots in the backyard. He didn't mind, it was that we always wash the mud off our boots so it doesn't cake. I told him I always do that, but hadn't worn them recently and heard someone walking outside my window in the storm the night before. He asked me why I didn't wake him and I told him that if someone was outside, it would probably be better to stay inside; he called me silly, said that I had an overactive imagination and that I shouldn't make up stories about wearing his boots. I told him it wasn't me. Insisting it was me playing a joke on him, he took me into the backyard to show me the mud was on the soles and outer edges of his boots; it was a lot. I reminded him that I had heard a person walking outside my window in the previous night's storm. We walked around the backyard and found heavy footprints in the mud which matched my Dad's boot's treads; they were heavier impressions than either of us made before and were in a straight path about a 20' which stopped about at my window. I had a weird feeling of, Uh oh... what if I hadn't been imagining.

The weird parts. We tracked the footprints to the origin and they started near the middle of the backyard, in open space, which was about 25' to the closest wall or anything. I told him I didn't make those prints. He said no one else could have and he had washed the boots off the day before the storm and hadn't worn them. Yet, the mud on them was fresh. He reiterated that I was just being a mischievous teenager and should clean off the boots next time. We both remember this experience, but differently. I remember it as told; he remembers calling the Sheriff's out to look at it, but nothing was noted. To this day, I have no idea how the tracks started in the middle of the yard and if it was a prank, that was quite an effort to do in that storm.
edit on 2016 6 12 by oldme because: line spacing

edit on 2016 6 12 by oldme because: sentence fix

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Your story really creeped me out, a zombie cat
thanks for a sharing, it scared the c**p outta me but made me laugh

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sounds like a wild night for a teen!! Least you didn't run into anything icky in the woods or the cemetery!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Do you remember any of the symbols? Do you think that caused later events?

Sorry don't know what any of the symbols were, didn't go back to find out after the old lady ghost i seen in the mirror was standing next to me when i turned round.

Can't say I blame you there!

Not sure I could go back later, either......

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Wow, nice list there!!

The alarm thing, with the black blob.....creepy!!!

The white truck......egads, that sounds SO familiar! OLD thread of mine on white trucks, and some other vehicles, if you want to look.

Sounds like a haunted store, for sure. Some places are like that. The Texas, I think it is, in the Houston area, has some creepy spots. Didn't mind some of the ship, but some places felt WRONG.

Will have to check out the dream at some point; sounds interesting!!

Ouija board.....why?? I won't have one. Saw some as a kid, but way too many stories since then!

Very odd, that the guy would toss the gun away. Something weird there. Guardian angel, maybe?

That last.......never heard of that before, but sounds fascinating, and a bit scary. Not sure what to make of it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

a reply to: eNumbra

Not really sure what to make of that, but it's different from any other OBEs I have read.

The best I've come up with is that it's representative of the collective human consciousness and the freedom from the burden of the negativity cultivated on this world. I could be wrong though; I've had a few theories on it over the 8 or so years its been.

I always get a chuckle at the term "collective consciousness". Not sure why, but it seems like a catch-all. Sort of like the archetypal figures" people claim. Seems to me, it's more likely this is some real and unlabeled thing, than something just in our minds.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

That's very strange!!! What islands are these? Not familiar with that custom at all, of some ceremony before a viewing.

The guys no one else saw......spooky! I think I'd make excuses for future funerals myself!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

I just don't know what it was but I think you may have something. There was a kind of familiarity about it but it wasn't good. I have tried hard to push that experience behind me. Thank you for sharing that with me.

Familiar and not good sounds all sorts of bad! I can understand trying to put that behind you. Creep events, that an be hard to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: morgankesh62
many years ago about 1971 i think it was my family and i moved from rye to hastings ,both towns in east sussex england.the house we moved to had some issures to say the least......*snip*

Sounds like a classically haunted house!

That feeling of someone brushing into you......not fun!! Been there, done that.

Place my aunt and uncle lived, there was a ghost. It actually had followed then from other homes. My cousin, when he was very small, saw "him" - looked like a man in old-fashioned clothing. He and a friend went into the kitchen and asked his mom who the man was in the living room. My aunt freaked out, since the house was locked, ran to look, and no one was there. All still locked and secure. He was the ghost later as well. The hallway had a warm spot, with no reason for one to be there. They checked for wiring, pipes, and the like. Nothing. No known geological issues, either, but that spot was always quite warm. Small spot, maybe 3-4 inches across, as I recall. Once, someone unseen sat on the bed next to me, and the tv would change channels on its own - WAY before remotes. My sister had someone not seen move her hair to behind her shoulder once. The brushing - that was on the way into the bathroom. You had to pass through a laundry nook to get there, with the washer and dryer to the right as you entered, and a wall to the left. When passing through there, if you didn't turn sideways to dodge, it was as though someone was walking past, brushing against you. No real feeling of threat, but so weird it was scary anyway!

Same aunt and uncle, in an earlier house......one of the scariest places I can recall being, ever. The house was WAY back in the woods, long drive through forest, and it was dark out there at night. All of us small kids were afraid to be out there at night. Couldn't explain why. If the dads were there, it was ok, and they usually were, but you couldn't have paid me to go into the trees there. Mind you, I LOVE the forests. Always have. Just not those. Had the feeling that something bad was in there, with sharp teeth and claws that wanted to eat us.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5plus5and7withX
Since I've already written some spoilers about what happened just this 8th of May, I figured it won't be any harm revealing more about the Giant from Sumatra.

*snip*

I don't really know what to make of that, other than to suggest more caution?? Seems very threatening. Any idea why just that one direction?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli
I'm so excited about this thread!

A few years ago, my mom got this cat, named Hairy-it, she was a rather large manecoon. This cat hated me, any time I would visit I would get randomly attacked, or she would stalk me through the house and just watch me. It was really weird. She didn't do this to anyone else, just me.

*snip*

Wow, freakiest story so far!!!! That's wild!!! The name, too funny, but the behavior, not so much, and wow.......

Do most cats like you, or you like most cats? That's weird behavior, in any case. One we lost, I would sense for a couple of weeks, but nothing freaky. He had a habit of scratching at window glass to be let in, and I'd hear that, and now and then, felt him jump on the bed, but he wasn't there. A mean cat, and seeing it, after that bad an accident and being shot, though - that's something else!!! Zombie cat, demon cat, something. Very freaky.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldme
I've had several experiences. Here is one that isn't spooky... just weird.

*snip* To this day, I have no idea how the tracks started in the middle of the yard and if it was a prank, that was quite an effort to do in that storm.

That is really weird. Tracks starting in the middle of the yard.......maybe if they were there before the rain started, but how did they get the boots? Was there a clear path for the tracks to leave, or end?? Maybe a good thing you never looked.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join