It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky and strange stories of ATS members sharing thread!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
(long read warning)
Bahaha @ related. Who knows!

I feel that for me, not having control over these types of things is better. Otherwise (for me), I might become dependent on these things.

I agree with your sentiment about a certain cycle of sleep. I feel that a lot of studies in various fields do not allow for (or very little room for) situations that don’t fall into their preset categories. When something doesn’t fit, my experience has been that those “experts” will make what they consider logical relations to justify the situation fitting into one of their preset categories. I feel being that way inhibits growth in an area of interest, thus keeping it stagnant.

Coolies @ you and your siblings! Aww @ boring for produce shopping… haha. That’s cute, actually.
Cat scratching dream & her son crying. That’s neat, though, experiencing from one’s baby’s perspective.
Knife stabbing dream is freaky & not cool, for sure!
(I was telling someone today of a dream I had in which I was stabbed… another coincidence!)

Re: remote viewing.
Having being on the receiving end (unexpectedly) I believe it’s real, too. At the time the person did it, I found it invasive more than fascinating. I caught the person doing it often, without telling me and without me giving permission. I saw their face in my room & house a few times… it was a bit freaky, especially because they didn’t ask beforehand. The person would then call and ask if anything odd happened or I saw anything odd because they were trying to send themselves to my room/house.

The above inspired these tests (not with the above mentioned person).
With permission, I tried to remote view, but no luck. A bit different experiment was that, with permission to try whenever (random moments) & with a several long distance friends (none knew each other), I would focus on one seeing/hearing me & not tell them, write down the time I was trying and if they sensed anything from me, they were to write down the date & time and what they sensed. These friends were hundreds of miles away from me. Some sensed me (times a few to several minutes apart), but not 100% of the time. One saw me a few times (but vague image) and described what I was wearing those days; I didn’t expect that at all! Although being seen was that “Oh, wow!” feeling, it felt wrong. I understand it could’ve been real or coincidence. The one that saw me a few times, we agreed to stop testing.

Even though I wasn't able to see where they were at, etc., I felt this ability was developing (or maybe just wishing thinking it was), but I had no idea what it would become and that made me cautious. I tried to keep myself in check by not letting my ego lure me into a false security of thinking I could control whatever it became.
The risk wasn’t worth the curiosity (for me).

My dreams tend to be realistic & with senses, too. Here’s an experience you might find interesting.

I was driving and an acquaintance was in the passenger seat; we didn’t get along well, but we had mutual friends and hung out at times. The passenger looked at me and said– You want to see God?
That shocked me because the person is an atheist and always mocked people that believe in anything.

Before, I could reply, he grabbed the steering wheel and spun it. I grabbed the wheel (reflex), peered out my window and watched as the front driver’s wheel went from the road onto gravel and then over a rounded edge of the gravel; my car began to fall towards the ocean. I don’t know how far the drop is exactly… I’ve read possibly 300’. I looked through the windshield as rocks & ocean were coming up quick! I kept saying– Wake up! This is a dream! It’s a dream! I have to wake up! *explicatives* Wake up!
As the car was midway to crashing, the passenger calmly looked at me and said– This isn’t a dream…
I thought, Oh, cr– –
The bottom was just about to hit, when he calmly said– see you in hell.
I woke up! My bed was soaked in sweat; I was shaking, heart pounding.

I didn’t tell anyone the dream. About a week later (real life), friends told to me to avoid that person because he said to them he wouldn’t care if I died and even if he killed me, nobody would know… send him (me) off a cliff.
That cliff phrase was lingo he hadn’t used before. Perhaps a coincidence.

edit on 2016 6 15 by oldme because: added detail

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I've shared this in another thread in the past but thought I would add to yours as well especially with Father's Day right around the corner.
I'll try to be brief.

My Father passed away, suddenly, in January of 2008. It was very unexpected as he was quite healthy for his age and saw his Doctor routinely. I was in TN and he was in FL the morning he left this earth. So far away and so many things left unsaid.

The day before Father's Day that year, his memory weighed heavily on me all day. I was in a sort of funk and sent my children off with their Father because I just wasn't good company. I was laying in bed and been woken up by the landline telephone ringing which was on the other end of the house in the dining room. Concerned that someone was calling at such an odd hour (especially with my children not home) I jumped up and headed out through the bedroom, living room and connecting hallway. I heard the answering machine pick up and repeat the usual instructions; 'please leave a message after the tone________'.

Nothing. Silence. Then the dial tone sounded and I, finally arriving, picked up the receiver. I pressed the button for missed calls to see the last number and according to the read out the last phone call received had been sometime during the previous afternoon.

I sat in the nearest chair and it hit me like a brick that possibly that had been my Father reaching out from 'wherever' his spirit was to make contact. We were very close and it wouldn't surprise me to find out someday that it WAS him.

I never was able to go back to sleep that morning and it has never happened again since.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Some super cool stories in this thread OP, I'll add another one later, busy at the moment.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I am sure it was your father telling you how much he loves you!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I keep seeing, lately, reports like this, of calls that don't register, even on a landline. A cell, I could maybe see, but a landline? Very strange!

You have to wonder.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: oldme

That cliff dream - scary stuff! Does seem like a warning. I'd keep an eye out for that person for a long time.

The viewing, from the little I have read, can be dangerous. Some reported seeing strange entities along with whoever or whatever target they were seeking.

The dreams - I tease my sister about hers, and she even jokes that she's boring. She's the sort that likes to cook, make up recipes, and a real homebody. I like that to a point, but have a sense of adventure she lacks. We are very different in many ways. The knife dream, no, not fun at all! Still not sure it was just a dream.

I feel the same way you do - if we had more control, what would we do with it? Still, you have to wonder.....There are times I believe there is more than just what we've seen so far. Perhaps something that would manifest in serious situations. Felt that way for some time now. A little disconcerting, that.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Thanks & no worries. I cut the person out of my life decades ago

I've not researched remote viewing much to see the experiences of others, but I have no doubt they'd could see entities, too, in the area they were viewing and along the way. Ugh. I'm glad I stopped that! Thanks for the warning!

I remember the movie Dreamscape and that was what got me wondering about if it was possible tap into dreams; I called it "dream tapping" (my silly term... haha). Long story, but I was approached by a couple & asked to try it once to help one of the partner's with nightmares in which they were killed nightly; the nightmares were so bad they & their doc feared heart attack... meds didn't help, etc. I have no idea why they chose me, but said okay and if the person dreamed I was there, write date & time on paper and I would do the same. I was home for a few days and passed out mid day, had a vivid dream and saw the tormented person walking next to me, took care of the threat (I'd never be able to do this in real life). After the weekend, the person approached me and told me the identical dream, our date & times matched within 1min, same length of time and happened in the dream, etc. and the nightmare issue was resolved and they said the partner didn't have anymore.

I feel, too, that there is more than what we've seen so far... a lot. I wonder if people using their abilities becomes their norm, how will they feel if it's removed? For me, I miss certain things. But, I feel having some gone (long story) is a blessing in disguise because they can become crutches &/or taken for granted by self and others. And the tests/proving over and over & they still don't get it... *ramble* ... haha.

I apologize for rambling so much in your thread; I don't mean to be rude to you & others by writing so much

edit on 2016 6 16 by oldme because: detail added.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

This is the best story! I would definately go back and check where the body was buried. Let us know if you do!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WishIhadknown

The next time I go back to Michigan to visit my dad I'll take a couple friends and go and see if we can find anything.
I'm not going alone, and I will def have a weapon lol

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
When I was a young girl in the 80's, my out of the picture Father bought me a very expensive doll. (usual guilt gift) Some of you may remember the "Cricket" doll. These dolls were large, had moving eyes and mouth that would go along to cassette tapes you would place in her back. Well my guilt gift started talking one day by itself on my bed. Startled, I walked over to it to push stop on the cassette player.....no biggie. Flipped her over only to discover there was no cassette tape in her!!! Dropped the doll and left the room. My Mom and I lived in an apartment building at time. Once I got up the nerve, I grabbed the doll and took her down to the ground level to the Salvation Army donation bin that was in the laundry room. Needless to say it was the LONGEST elevator ride of my life....lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Please do!!!! I can't wait to hear....haha! Good luck!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Hey, I asked for spooky and strange! So ramble on. Quite interesting stuff, especially since so much is somewhat familiar. Nice to know we aren't the only ones, lol.

Yeah, I saw the bit about entities in a book I read years ago. Can't recall the title, but it was by a guy who claimed to have done it for the government. Fascinating stuff. Seems like there is some danger, though, which doesn't surprise me. Glad you were able to get away from that person; not the sort anyone needs around!!

I never thought about trying to get into a dream......could be interesting. My brother's, I'd rather have passed; he had plenty where he was killed in battle or something like that. Weird stuff, and he could feel in dreams as well. It's cool that we can do things in a dream we can't when awake, like you being able to get rid of the threat. Flying, ah......that one bugs me. It's SO easy and natural in the dreams, and it seems like I should know how when awake, sometimes!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli
a reply to: WishIhadknown

The next time I go back to Michigan to visit my dad I'll take a couple friends and go and see if we can find anything.
I'm not going alone, and I will def have a weapon lol

Weapon and sturdy, high boots! Just to be safe.....

That cat.....seriously creepy!! I love cats, but wow......

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Aww.. Thank you. Much appreciated. I think my experiences aren't scary, but strange. Here is another strange one.

I used to have a gf and one night, we were watching a movie at her place. Facing the tv, the open-entrance to the kitchen was to the right and was about 8 feet from where I was sitting. She was really into the movie; I wasn't, so I was looking around. Suddenly, a small, dark thing moving across the kitchen floor caught my eye. I turned my head to get a better look at it; it was about 7 inches tall and ran upright, like a person. I’m guessing it figured it had been seen because it froze for a few seconds, like “oh carp!” Then, it turned it’s head to look at me. We stared for a several seconds; it had white eyes with a small dark dot in each. It was still there after I blinked a couple times, so I leaned in and got up to get a closer look at it. Then, it began to sprint around the kitchen! It definitely wasn’t a mouse; it was some sort of small humanoid blob. I got a good look of how it was running and it’s shape; it was very dark green that looked black from a distance. Physically, I don’t know how it escaped without me seeing where it went and it didn't open any cupboards. My gf at the time thought I went nuts because I was emptying everything from the floor cupboards & drawers to find this thing; she didn’t see it. I didn’t find anything as a way for it to escape.
–––-
I’ve never flown in a dream (just fallen that one car time… haha). Would be interesting to fly in reality!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I've got one from last night. I had a dream that I was in ancient Egypt and I was going to be executed in the morning. They were going to crush my skull. I was so scared. A high ranking man in the court smuggled me out before dawn and so I was saved.

I woke from this dream and woke my husband up to tell him about it, and he told me that he had had a dream at the same time that I was going to be executed by Egyptian gods and he was trying to hide me from them.

Parallel dreaming. Weird.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A long time ago I often walked home from High School. It was a couple miles away so not too far. Anyway one evening when I arrived home, it was dark inside the house. No one was home. I wondered where everyone went since my mother and a couple others were often home. We lived in a large old house. I flipped on a light switch. Weird. The light bulb was glowing red.

I walked into another room and turned on the light. I saw another red glow coming from the light overhead. This was getting spooky. I walked into the kitchen and turned on the light. More red light. Hmmm, no one home either. This was weird. I looked in the refrigerator and I saw a red light in there too. I was hungry but all the red lights and no one home was starting to make me feel creepy. I got out of the house because this just seemed like a scene out of some horror movie. While waiting outside, I think I figured out what was going on but waited a little longer and my father showed up. We were experiencing a brown out. Low power. That explained why I heard a low humming sound coming from the refrigerator as well. Turns out we did not have a demon possessed refrigerator after all.
edit on 16/6/16 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Gremlin?? First thought I had!!! Firmly convinced those suckers are real. Will have to ask my eldest sometime abot some of the weird things she's seen. She sees more than I do.

Flying is standard in dreams for me. Not every dream, but enough, and it seems so normal. Well normal for me. Typically, other people, if aware, don't seem to appreciate it much!

One thing I recall pretty well, though,t hat she saw......

We'd moved into a new place, and weren't finished unpacking quite yet. The way the rooms were laid out was like this - front door on the wall in between the living and dining areas, which was all open. Across from the front door was a passage to the kitchen, with another passage at the end of the fining area. At that end was a staircase to the basement. Left from the LR area was a hallway, with bedrooms and a bath. Two bedrooms downstairs, and a family room and whatnot. We initially set up the computer desk in the wide passage to the kitchen, and you could see the kitchen and dining room easily (meaning both ways from the basement stairs) without turning at all. The kids were mostly small, three young ones, and one older. Youngest got an upstairs room, and the others were downstairs, so they did a lot of running back and forth from her room to theirs, past me, typically through the dining area to living room. Now and then, I wold think I saw one of them go past, either direction, but then all three would go, and it was clear whatever I saw was NOT one of them. Same size, basically, but just seen from the corner of my eye, and never clearly. After several times like this, I was starting to wonder what was going on. Then I was in a video chat with my oldest, who lived elsewhere. her camera view would have been past me, and down the hall. She got a very odd expression on her face, and asked if one of the kids was behind me. I said, no, they were all downstairs. She said then that she saw something that "sort of" looked like a small child, peeking over a stack of boxes somewhat behind me. Of course, I looked, and saw nothing ,and she didn't seem comfortable talking about how this whatever-it-was was different. Well, I'd had enough at this point, and flat out ordered anything bad out, stating that was MY house, and I didn't welcome anything evil in it. Not one case of the "not child" going past after that.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I've got one from last night. I had a dream that I was in ancient Egypt and I was going to be executed in the morning. They were going to crush my skull. I was so scared. A high ranking man in the court smuggled me out before dawn and so I was saved.

I woke from this dream and woke my husband up to tell him about it, and he told me that he had had a dream at the same time that I was going to be executed by Egyptian gods and he was trying to hide me from them.

Parallel dreaming. Weird.

Now that is weird!! My hubby never remembers his dreams, for the most part, so I gave up asking. Egyptian, eh.....interesting. Anything recent for you that would influence that? Strong connection, at any rate, between the two of you!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Oh, wow, that had to have been quite disconcerting!!! That it happened with no one there, especially. Never seen a light bulb do that, so I'd have been as freaked out as you were.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It really was out of the blue. Neither one of us had seen anything Egyptian themed. It was odd.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join