It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky and strange stories of ATS members sharing thread!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

that was fantastic! did your friends dad say what he thought it could have been? have you got any ideas yourself?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Driving home early one morning, i entered a park by my house (c-nj). I asked my friend who was sitting in the passanger seat if he saw something moving twords the wooded area in front of us. He did not. I saw something running, coukd have been a dear, but for some reason i backed up and flashed my brights. Nothing! I wondered still and reached in my glovebox and grabbed a flashlight. It is pitch black and about 3 am. I turn on the light and point it in the direction i saw this thin run twords. I didnt have to move it an inch, starring back at us, not the car but us, our eyes were two yellow eyes which were aboyt 3" in diameter and both on the front of the face( like a predators)! I saw a silhouette of a humanoid figure but much stronger and much larger prob 8' in height. This thing was squatted as if it were taking a dump in the woods. We starred at it for 10 secs, maybee, then took off. This was about 10years ago. Last month i saw the yellow eyes again but this time it was as if they were laying flat on the ground no dimention to them. I was smoking out of my second story window and i saw them about 40' away. They stayed there for hours at least 3 🚬 were smoked then i went to bed and it was gone in the light of day. Funny thing is. I remember asking /thinking a few days earlier i woykd like to see something strange /suppernatural again.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
Ok, I am going to contribute to this great thread.

This happened when I was about 19 i think, in the house where I grew up. I was sitting on the couch in the living room, reading a book, and waiting for my parents to return home from church one sunday afternoon. It was a sunny day, as I recall, and I was alone in the house.

Suddenly I heard my parents outside the house, talking, and walking up the stairs to our front door. Then they opened the door, and then inexplicably, the house went totally silent.

I remember being puzzled, but not especially alarmed by this, which I guess is also a bit strange. So, I got up and went out into the hall to see if there was anyone there, but there was no one. This, of course, was very strange. I even looked outside, but there was nobody there at all. The house is in a pretty rural area, so the nearest house is some distance away. The road was also quite empty.

When I got back to the living room I looked out, and now I could see my parents coming down the road towards our house. When they were finally outside and coming inside, they proceeded to make the exact same sequence of sounds that I had heard earlier, only this time, the sounds didn't stop when they got in, like they had the first time.

I will never forget it, and I have no logical explanation of how I could hear the sounds that my parents would make later, a full couple of minutes before they actually would be able to produce them.

I told them the whole story when they got in, and we shared some puzzled looks.
The experience was very strange, but not in the least scary for some reason. I guess the sounds were so familiar, in a way, that they did not scare me.

BT

This sounds very much like a future time slip. Audio only, but usually people have visual impressions as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: slippeddisc
a reply to: SBMcG

that was fantastic! did your friends dad say what he thought it could have been? have you got any ideas yourself?

He described it as a person -- presumably a human person, lol. The only physical description I recall was he said that the "thing" was dressed like an undertaker, whatever that means.

I was asleep when my friend's dad saw whatever he saw, and it was 8 or 9 years later when we first spoke about it again. I have no idea what it was.

That part of the southern California desert was full of weirdos doing god-knows-what back then. It was the end of the hippy era and there were some very strange things going on out there. One of my dad's best friends at the time was a Police Lt. and he swore that there were Satanic cults living out in those parts. We were constantly hearing weird stuff like that.

Sadly, I had a falling out with my friend during my college years and I lost contact with him and his family.

Bottom line -- I don't get spooked easily. But to this day, when I think about that experience, it always leaves me feeling a little unsettled to say the least.

RE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thank you all for this terrific thread. After a beat down scrolling through political post after political post (not even conspiracies, just people complaining) I stumble upon this breath of fresh, spooky air. I don't really have any similar experiences to relate, but I hope more people find this thread and add their experiences. A really enjoyable read.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: slippeddisc
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

i know, theres been some brilliant stories, i'll still keep my eye out on this thread.

Same here - never know when another cool one will come along!!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TundraThunda328

Fascinating!! Scary, too, to some degree. Sasquatch?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Thanks, enjoyed reading this.
Good thread!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Appreciated, and you are welcome! Credit to all that shared, though, because without the stories, it wouldn't be uch of a thread!

Hope we can see some new ones, too. Always enjoy a good spooky story!!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
OK, while we wait for some more of the really weird and spooky, I'll share another. Not spooky in any way, but definitely a bit cool. A funny conicidence, I guess you can call it.

This happened to me and my better half some years ago when we were on a sort of "road trip" in Southern Norway. We were going from place to place along the coast, visiting scenic places, and one afternoon came to this hotel that was very old and very romantic. We decided to stay there for the night and have a nice dinner, and ended up getting a room in the top floor with a great view. So, there we were relaxing and sort of checking out the room, waiting for dinner to be served downstairs.

I was idly poking around in the room when I came across this tourist guide to the sights in Norway, and I started to casually thumb trough it, because there were a lot of nice pictures in the book.

A bit out in the book was a picture from the Northern parts of Norway, which was kind of interesting because my significant other is from those parts. And, well, there was one picture of a market festival which is held there, sort of annualy. We had visited this market once, a few years prior. Only once, mind you.

But guess who were there on the picture, in the centre of the crowd? Yeah, us.

We certainly got a chuckle out of that.

BT

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

that wasn't MM you saw

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Your story brought back memories. I was 9 and living in a Catholic home with one nun assigned to each "barracks". The entire group home had left because some generous person had paid for the entire place to go to the zoo. I had chickenpox and a 104 temp so I didn't go. They also left me by myself with no one to watch me.

Being 9 years old I had no idea there was such a thing as febrile (or any other type of) hallucinations and was just too sick to care that the stuffed animal on the bed next to me was moving.

I was about vapor-locked from thirst and was trying to work up the energy to go get a drink of water and relieve my bladder when I heard the front door open. Each nun had distinctive footfalls and I could always tell which nun was coming down the hall by their footfalls. It was sister Anna Louise (mother superior). I waited for her to reach my room so that I could ask her for assistance. The footfalls and distinctive robe swishing were getting louder meaning she was getting closer. My bed faced the door and when I heard the doorknob turn and creaking of the door opening I looked up
expectantly for relief only to see absolutely no one there and the door still closed.

It was only one of the many strange things happening to my fevered brain and I returned my contemplation to why the stuffed animal next to me kept moving. About 5 minutes later a repeat of the previous events happened exactly as it had before. I heard the front door and footfalls, recognized that it was mother superior coming to check on me, heard the doorknob to my room turn, heard the creak of the door opening and there stood sister Anna Louise. For real this time.

She could tell I was in a bad state and helped me to the bathroom, got me some water and tucked me back into bed. She was about to leave when I asked her why she didn't come in last time she was here. She looked confused and said that this was the first time she had come to check on me. I recounted what had happened and she said a "Hail Mary" over me (
) and was concerned enough to transfer me to her personal quarters until the nun of our barracks got back from the zoo with the rest of the kids. I think she was worried I was under demonic attack. Actually, I was sick as a dog, burning up with fever and hallucinating from all the brain cells that were frying. Still, I did experience an "event before the event". I have no explanation for it and have only had similar premonition type events two other times since then (non-fever related).

Makes you think about time in a different way.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have many spooky stories. However, I am less motivated to share them, due to language barrier. English is not my first language. I have four other languages warp around my mind with tons of vocabulary demanding to be translated with appropriate grammar.

My stories sometime come from dreams or OOBEs or meditation or other personal encounters. From where I live, people around me are very superstitious. They believe in many unexplained things such as ghosts and demon possessions. When I was a teenager, I used to do crazy things out of curiosity. One of them was performing some silly rituals on abandoned grave yards, in order to summon spirits or demons. I didn't have much luck. Probably I was too sceptical, but the college where I boarded had many interesting experiences. Random girls went hysterical for no logical explanation. Some made extraordinary claims such as, they saw some ugly entities or being possessed by demons. My teachers, my friends and me had to bring them to nearby hospital at late nights. There were many spooky stories being told, but they only causes a lot of stresses to me, mainly because I had to wake up late nights hearing screams and helping others with affected girls. I thought it was teenage girly things, but when I entered local university, young adult girls face similar problem. I don't know whether they're on drug, stressed or being real. But I wouldn't dismiss the possibilities of unexplained phenomenon.

Have you dream about the past?
Well.. I have few stories but one that baffled me most was Jesus's crucifixion. It was around 3 PM, when the crowd dispersed. There were few others still lingering around. I could see Mary and other women at distant. The Roman centurions didn't seem to notice me, I thought I was probably an invisible ghost to them.

As Jesus lifted his head, he looked directly at me and I was gasped, partial frightened and shocked. Jesus then cried out, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” ( “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” ). Out of sudden, everything became dark and I felt like falling deep into a void. It was a great shocked that I immediately wake up, sweating all over my face.

It was like twenty years ago. I never forget it.

It was the beginning of my long hard journey. But this is not the right place and time to tell about it.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow
I have many spooky stories. However, I am less motivated to share them, due to language barrier. English is not my first language. I have four other languages warp around my mind with tons of vocabulary demanding to be translated with appropriate grammar.

My stories sometime come from dreams or OOBEs or meditation or other personal encounters. From where I live, people around me are very superstitious. They believe in many unexplained things such as ghosts and demon possessions. When I was a teenager, I used to do crazy things out of curiosity. One of them was performing some silly rituals on abandoned grave yards, in order to summon spirits or demons. I didn't have much luck. Probably I was too sceptical, but the college where I boarded had many interesting experiences. Random girls went hysterical for no logical explanation. Some made extraordinary claims such as, they saw some ugly entities or being possessed by demons. My teachers, my friends and me had to bring them to nearby hospital at late nights. There were many spooky stories being told, but they only causes a lot of stresses to me, mainly because I had to wake up late nights hearing screams and helping others with affected girls. I thought it was teenage girly things, but when I entered local university, young adult girls face similar problem. I don't know whether they're on drug, stressed or being real. But I wouldn't dismiss the possibilities of unexplained phenomenon.

Have you dream about the past?
Well.. I have few stories but one that baffled me most was Jesus's crucifixion. It was around 3 PM, when the crowd dispersed. There were few others still lingering around. I could see Mary and other women at distant. The Roman centurions didn't seem to notice me, I thought I was probably an invisible ghost to them.

As Jesus lifted his head, he looked directly at me and I was gasped, partial frightened and shocked. Jesus then cried out, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” ( “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” ). Out of sudden, everything became dark and I felt like falling deep into a void. It was a great shocked that I immediately wake up, sweating all over my face.

It was like twenty years ago. I never forget it.

It was the beginning of my long hard journey. But this is not the right place and time to tell about it.

That sounds like a very intense dream! That sort will stick with you, I know.

Appreciate the sharing you have done, at any rate, and would never know from your postings that English isn't your primary language. You write well.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join