It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky and strange stories of ATS members sharing thread!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Know how that goes!! Lost mine once, had dropped it out of a pocket onto the pavement, but it was still there. About had a fit till I found it, though!!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I can well believe it. Strange things happen, and you just never know. Do you recall how big it was? Meaning, human-sized, or too bog or small, or a height or anything? Very odd thing to see, at any rate. You'd think if ot was someone in a mask, they'd let that be known at some point, not just hide it away.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

A witch house, and an old lady "ghost" - sounds convincing to me!! Never had the chance to check out a place like that. Not sure I would have as a kid!!

Oh how i wish i didn't go to that creepy house back then, the storage symbols and aura was overwhelming plus seeing a ghost lady freaked me out, ever since I've seen many strange and wonderful things.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I have a 911 story

*snip*

There are a lot of unusual tales from that day! I didn't have any myself, other than the standard shock. Your case sounds interesting. Does seem like there was some sort of hint beforehand.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
This story happened when my brother and I were young and still living at home.

My brother is a no nonsense type who doesn't really believe in much. He came home one night, and started to head up to his room. As he started up the stairs, he saw me on the landing, which is the space on the stairs before they change direction. He asked me what I was doing up so late. He looked back down at his feet to start walking up the stairs, and when he looked back up I was gone. He ran up into my room and discovered I was asleep and wearing different clothes than he had just seen me in.

Now that is freaky! Stories of things that look like, or sound like, someone aive are some of the spookiest tales around!

Thanks to all so far for sharing, and keep them coming!!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Do you remember any of the symbols? Do you think that caused later events?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've got one , told before but I do not think on ATS.

Scene is Gloucester, MA. My brother was taking care of (living in) an old whaling captain's house (and inn) during the off season, as it was middle of January, 20 years ago. Place empty, he invited me and my work friend, Ashish over for a night of drinks and snacks.

The inn was perched atop the highest ground in East Gloucester, and overlooks a forest that ends at cliffs on the sea.

We were all sitting in the large room, huge fireplace blazing. Their is a grand staircase leading up to 2 halls with numbered rooms. The place being circa 1850's. Very rustic looking place, with huge beam ceilings and colonial decor.

So, all of a sudden, the front screen door opens, and then the main door itself. Bob's cat is standing near the door, and it's eyes follow something that goes from the door, to the bottom of the stairs, and then watches something slowly go up it. We hear creaking noises.. and something walking down the upstairs hallway, over our heads. Well... tell you, we just freaked out, and the cat is at the bottom of the stairs looking up.

Ashish, who is of color, was whiter then we were, and could not believe what he had just experienced.
Bob got up and closed the door. "It was just Henry" he said, "sometime he comes home late".

Bob is an artist, who has a painting studio in the basement. He says that every once in a while, he knows someone is in their with him, and has actually had his paintbrush pushed a few time while painting. He thinks the spirit is the old captain, that used to own and run it, over 150 years ago. The captain does not bother him at all.

.... True stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I lived in Illinois for the first 13 years of my life. That whole time we always had the same land line phone number. Skip to about five years ago, my brother and I are living in an apartment together. He comes to me and says "check this out." A missed call from our old number in Illinois. The next day he calls our old service provider and asks who has the number these days and they tell him no one has had it since we moved in '97. Blew our minds. Completely true. I saw the missed number on his phone. No explanation at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is the only time in my life that I have felt spooked or scared.

My father's family is a well known historical name in Georgia. They have a huge family reunion every year in the north Georgia mountains. Because we moved alot, my family had never attended. However, I had given my son the family name for his middle name.
I had been told about my great grandfather' as he was a powerful, wealthy and serious man. The family still owned the house he built before the Civil War, the land and just about everything around including slave houses and the like.
I finally decided to bring my children to the reunion to meet their family. They were and are very accomplished, sweet, friendly people. We had a great time hearing all the stories; and there were quite a lot as apparently my great grandfather ruled with an iron fist and many had felt his wrath. Hmmmm.....this was a bit disconcerting.
The original old family house was about to be bought by the historical society and brought back to its original glory. My cousin asked if we wanted to see it before the reconstruction began. We did. We followed him by car down a long dirt road around a wide river on one side and I started feeling something....dark. I still can't explain it. We pulled up to a very large very old two story house with a large covered front porch and waited for others to arrive. There were buildings spread all around and a large hill behind the house where I had been told was the family cemetery.
I just felt this darkness inside me but did not tell anyone as I was too embarrassed.
When everyone gathered we entered the front door and this house was really dilapidated but there above the fireplace was my great grandfather's picture; staring seriously with a long gray beard; and my heart froze. We walked around the first floor and they offered to go the second. I have never felt creepier in my life. I know there was something there and I said no thank you and practically ran out. So did my children. I have never discussed this with anyone. I don't know why I felt that way. My father, who I adored, had died 20 years earlier in a car crash and I miss him so much. It couldn't be him; never met his father who I am told was a very kind pharmacist.
I have never gone to another reunion and never plan to. I am still so ashamed and cannot understand what happened to me there. Something, but what? Haunts me to this day. I don't want to feel bad about my family but...?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Not a spooky story, but...

A teenager came up to me thinking I was her daddy. I told her that she was mistaken. After she believed me, she gave me her dad's number. I called him and related the incident with his daughter. He invited me over.

Drove to the house. Pulling into the driveway, the home looked exactly like mine. Rang the doorbell. He opened the door and it was like I was looking in a mirror!

Turns out that we are twins, who were separated at birth, and put up for adoption by our 14 year old mother. She wanted to abort us, but it was illegal then.

Our wives have the same name, and they compared notes on sex related things. Turns out me and my twin brother are identical in those areas too. We live in different parts of the USA, but get together once a year to talk and have fun.
-cwm

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Oh, wow! Cats see things, I am convinced!!

Cat we had once stared at a picture on a wall for several minutes, intently, then stopped, and as soon as she did, the picture fell off the wall. No bangs, no thumps, nothing, and when I replaced it, it stayed put.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
I lived in Illinois for the first 13 years of my life. That whole time we always had the same land line phone number. Skip to about five years ago, my brother and I are living in an apartment together. He comes to me and says "check this out." A missed call from our old number in Illinois. The next day he calls our old service provider and asks who has the number these days and they tell him no one has had it since we moved in '97. Blew our minds. Completely true. I saw the missed number on his phone. No explanation at all.

Now that is freaky! Ever consider calling it back? I'd be mixed on that, myself.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Family ties can be very strong, and it's interesting that you had such a reaction after not being in contact for so long. Genetic memory, maybe? I think that's very possible. Something that affects a persons strongly can perhaps imprint on the genetic code, and be passed along.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
More strange than spooky.

As I lay meditating one day a familiar but not very common feeling came over me, I could see, with my eyes closed, everything around me in great detail. In a flash I was miles above the Earth, flying further and further from the ground below. Almost away from the Earth I stretched towards the edge of the atmosphere, closing in on open space and that's when the tips of my fingers brushed against it; a cold jolt of energy. I was back in my body like a snapping rubber band overcome with a fascination for what I just saw and a relaxed, good feeling.

It took a couple of weeks to manage it again, but there I was again eyes closed, but clear sight and in the air I went towards I know not what. I could see it clearly this time like a film between this world and the greater universe beyond and I stretched my arm upward and prepared myself for what would come.
My fingers breached the barrier and it was cool, refreshing and light; like reaching out of a pool you've been swimming in for a couple of hours, when your body has adjusted to the temperature of the water, the weight of it pressing against your body. I could feel all the baggage of Earth-bound life being shed as I pushed past my wrist, the cool lightened feeling enveloping my arm. As my elbow finally broke through, I'd come to my realization and back to my body I'd snapped once more. My eyes opened and I drew in a deep, relaxed breath. I rolled over and I went to sleep.
edit on 6/11/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

If I remember correctly, but not 100% sure, my brother called it back right away and got the universal line is no longer in service recording.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Not a spooky story, but...

A teenager came up to me thinking I was her daddy. I told her that she was mistaken. After she believed me, she gave me her dad's number. I called him and related the incident with his daughter. He invited me over.

Drove to the house. Pulling into the driveway, the home looked exactly like mine. Rang the doorbell. He opened the door and it was like I was looking in a mirror!

Turns out that we are twins, who were separated at birth, and put up for adoption by our 14 year old mother. She wanted to abort us, but it was illegal then.

Our wives have the same name, and they compared notes on sex related things. Turns out me and my twin brother are identical in those areas too. We live in different parts of the USA, but get together once a year to talk and have fun.
-cwm

Oh, wow!!! It's amazing that you were able to connect that way. I have to ask, does your birth certificate list a twin? I always wondered......had people come up more than one thinking I was someone else, and once, when I went for a driver's license in a new state, the clerk asked if I had a twin. She said there was someone with the same last name (my married name), a first name with the same first letter, and similar sounding, and, get this, a SSN ONE DIGIT different. She wouldn't tell me which one, though, or any contact data, of course. Always wondered!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Not really sure what to make of that, but it's different from any other OBEs I have read.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Ah. not surprised! Wonder if anyone lives in the place you did, then.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: eNumbra

Not really sure what to make of that, but it's different from any other OBEs I have read.

The best I've come up with is that it's representative of the collective human consciousness and the freedom from the burden of the negativity cultivated on this world. I could be wrong though; I've had a few theories on it over the 8 or so years its been.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
What a way to have a family reunion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join