It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky and strange stories of ATS members sharing thread!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Been seeing a lot of scattered threads, with various, and awesome, stories of things people have experienced in their lives, and thought a thread to bring them all together could be fun. I spent months, literally, on that "creepy stories from the outdoors" thread on another site, and I know ATS members have plenty of stories of our own! So, time to share. I will start with one from my family, and add others as the thread progresses, and invite all to do the same. One per post, please, to make them easier to read, and everyone play nice!

Alright, my first story:

My mother told us tales of a haunted house that her cousins lived in for a time. Large, older house, with a history of ghostly encounters. This would have been in Tennessee. When her cousins lived there, the story was that some guy had murdered his wife in the house, on a night when there was a thunderstorm. The way Mom told it, whenever a storm hit, you could hear screaming, and the attic windows (attic being the claimed murder spot) would fly open, even though boarded shut, and things would fly around the room. The flying objects were reported at other times in the attic as well. At various points in time, people claimed to see ghosts, including one that looked like a Civil War era soldier, and another that looked like a dog that resident had in the past, that was dead. The house was investigated at one point, due to all of the reports, with people checking for wires, cameras, or whatever. Nothing was found. They even considered someone hiding in the place, playing tricks, but again, no evidence. After an investigation, so we were told, when all had exited the now-uninhabited house, the place caught fire, for no reason ever found, and burned to the ground.

So, there's one story! Not a lot of details, because it's been LONG years since I heard it, but that's what I can remember. Please share your own as well, even if they are posted elsewhere. Don't limit this to ghost stories, either - anything weird is welcome. Odd sightings, weird stuff inside or outside, whatever. Think of this as one nice clearinghouse of ATS weird tales.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I will add a story later, nice thread. You should write a campfire story here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I am sure you would write a great story.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I will add a story later, nice thread. You should write a campfire story here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I am sure you would write a great story.

Can't wait to read it, and yeah, that looks like fun! Fun to read as well, thanks for the link.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

My spooky and strange story..

One time I got married and subsequently divorced.

Was going to leave it right there but I'll play ball
it's a dream that I had but it was very spooky and strange so here goes - Once, early in the morning I was asleep in my fathers truck, while I should of been studying but I was fourteen, and I didn't care about study's back then.

I worked at a hot dog stand in downtown Dallas, and I would wake up at 3:30am prepare certain foods, get ready, connect the hot dog stand to my fathers truck, and go to his first client,then drop me off down down town.

So, I'm asleep in the truck and I have the strangest dream, it's a dream of the exact environment that I am in, the skyscrapers,the people walking, the early morning 7am sun, and shadows of the buildings, the truck, everything is exactly as it is in real life could even say, out of body like, but I don't subscribe to that.

All of a sudden a UFO flys over down town, and I don't know why but in my dreams they are always very scary and ominous,and malevolent,so the UFO just hovers over Dallas and then it lets out this extremely high pitch tone that warbles slightly and everything freezes all of time, all the people, everything, Except my awareness of it.

Then as the tone is warbling and warbling,it gets deeper and deeper,and louder and louder ,building to seemingly high climax (like something is about to happen foreboding) until it fades but not getting softer, into someone banging on the truck window that my dad had sent to come get me. I awake to him banging on the window just highly confused and disoriented.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Two times in my life I felt a evil presence that I could not explain.. I just felt pure terror.

First I was around 12 playing with a friend at my room, we where listening to loud music..
and singing along.. suddenly I got the chills and and felt afraid for my life.. felt something was looking in my window
there was nothing there it was daylight and everything was fine, my friend did not see or feel anything.. I was to afraid to look or move.. I was lying flat on the ground for 10 minus just feeling pure terror, remember I told my friend "Do you see anything?? what is it?? And suddenly I did not feel it anymore.. it took about 10 min.

The same thing happen late night when I was 17, me and two others where just talking about girls and stuff.. when suddenly I felt it again, this time I felt something lurking outside the room we where.. outside the door, the door was not closed, I screamed out for one of my friends to "QUICK shut the door!! he laughed and asked why.. I told him again in a angry and panic like state.. yelling PLEASE! and just do it. Ohh boy I was afraid.. but again they did not feel anything just me.

It´s hard to explain how it feels but its like goosebumps and fear of dying.. chills. Not experience it since.. I am 33 now.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Cool thread and nice story OP.

One of mine.

I used to live in a small town in UpHall, as i was growing up heard stories of a "witch house" just across the road (wow it looked strange) very strange from the outside, was 13 at the time and no one lived there, one night 11-ish thought I'd check it out, went to the house and creeped in the driveway slowly, then a light went on (no one lives there).

Well thought must be an electrical fault, looked all around the house then went in the broken back door, found weird symbols on the walls in the kitchen and living room floor, was a bit freaked cause someone must have put the light on and was off when I entered the house, then fuk # started flying towards me, old newspaper article about an elderly lady that died in 1970's then a window smashed (# #) then seen a shadow in the mirror turned round and a ghost of a lady was standing next to me, i ran the # home thinking the story was real, maybe not a "witch" but a ghost of a cult lady.
edit on 11-6-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here's a weird one.

When I was a kid I was playing in the back yard of a house near mine and all of a sudden I looked towards a big grey fence there and a head popped up over it…

..It was Mickey Mouse!

Big head, big cheeks and all

I'll never forget it

I wasn’t even drinking at the time

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
around 1988, weekend school trip to scotland pony trekking.
these ponies weren't interested in trekking however, just eating any bush they walked past.
so after sitting on a pony for a couple of and nighttime fell, we had to make our own fun.
which was tough, we stayed in a converted school next to a edwardian church, graveyard and all.
being around 11, and part of the older bunch, we weren't even prepared to play in a graveyard, so the most confined and boring hide and seek game ensued, in a converted school consisting of two dorms one class and a kitchen.
next day after watching ponies eating bushes, we got on the coach to dumfries, most of us played football against the locals, some went shopping.
those that went shopping bought water pistols, which compared to hide and seek, and sorely missing my zx spectrum appeared awesome.
the next day's visit to obscure town scotland, everyone bought a water pistol, what was the last night would be good.
but it wasn't the last night, the monday was bank holiday in scotland, coaches travelling with kids couldnt hit the roads, so we got an extra night to play with our water pistols.
the teachers had screwed up!
anyways sunday night, everyone got wet, in the graveyard, screw it, nearly got my first kiss.
fast forward to monday, teachers had only paid for board so no sitting on a pony today, just messing around with water pistols, and trying to figure out why i wanted alone time with some girl.
nighttime drew in, and the teachers called us in, a quick headcount found a couple still missing so we trudged back to the graveyard to find them.
soaking wet kids and teachers who clearly didn't want to be there collectively calling out the errant kids names, stopped suddenly as a lady, who looked like a negative, appeared through a bricked up door and, seemingly walked into a crypt, i say walked, she had no feet.
all of frozen, started looking at each other, teachers too with a wtf look on our faces.
the missing kids it turned out were in the dorm, the rest of the night, and trip home was in silence.
meeting anyone involved now, we try to come up with rational excuses, shame.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Ha ha! As for the dream story, wow, that's a weird one! Always disconcerting to have a dream that seems to fit reality too well in some areas! Were you into UFOs at the time, or was it just something totally random? I can imagine the reaction upon waking! I'd have been staring at the sky!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

That's bizarre, but you can't ignore such a feeling. Some people just don't seem to pick up on things as well as others. Then again, maybe you were the one who caught the attention of whatever it was that so scared you!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

True story!
Last month a friend flew to LA to see a local band. I picked her up at the airport. We went back to my house for drinks before the band played. I called tipsy taxi to pick us up and drop us off at at The Viper Room. After a few drinks I realized my phone wasn't in my pocket. I checked the table we were sitting at, the bar, the bathrooms, and after no luck I used my friend's phone to use Find My IPhone. The location was at the Viper Room. I searched without luck. I called it from her phone 10 times, but it was too loud there.

After 1 hour of searching I eventually gave it up as a lost cause and headed home.

When the taxi dropped us off I found my phone laying on my doorstep.

It's too creepy, I really think my friend played a joke and had it the whole time and stuck it on the doorstep when we arrived, to this day she swears she did not. I don't know what to think!
edit on 6 11 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

A witch house, and an old lady "ghost" - sounds convincing to me!! Never had the chance to check out a place like that. Not sure I would have as a kid!!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Here's a weird one.

When I was a kid I was playing in the back yard of a house near mine and all of a sudden I looked towards a big grey fence there and a head popped up over it…

..It was Mickey Mouse!

I'll never forget it

Mickey Mouse?? Like a costume, one of those big head types, maybe? How big was the head??

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Wow, that's wild! Missing kids turn out not to be, but that they seemed to be lured you into the graveyard, to see a ghost!! Most curious, that! I wonder how common that is, to be lured someplace. Have a story like that myself, will add later on.

That she looked like a negative is weird, too.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

That is freaky! Maybe it was a joke - hard to say, and I wouldn't admit it myself, had I played such a joke, but wow! Seems unlikely, considering how much time you had to spend searching for the phone, and the stress involved.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Willtell
Here's a weird one.

..It was Mickey Mouse!

I'll never forget it

Mickey Mouse?? Like a costume, one of those big head types, maybe? How big was the head??

Many may think I am being facetious or joking but no.

To this day decades later I remember clearly seeing a big head MICKEY MOUSE over that grey fence.

Those big ass cheeks and big ass ears were as clear as day to me then.

It may have been a person with a mask on but I don’t know.

I even remember whose back yard it was, a good friend name Danny.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
MY spooky story (one of this is my most recent please forgive any spelling punctuation an paragraph issues I'm not that good at writing things out)

Around 5 years ago I was doing telephone exchange wiring work for Bt. I was working away from home (London/Essex) in palace called Lytchett Minster I was alone as we had had access issues the previous day and my two colleagues were still in Upwey. The exchange has a farm track around 200 yards leading up to it and is in basically a field. Due to the access issues we needed a key so I had gone to wait for it to be delivered and carried most of the equipment down the track Road to start the work so as not to waste time jumping the locked gates.
I was in the main frame room which is probably 30' square and started rolling the cables out. As I did this I was caught shortest left the room and went upstairs to the toilet. I came out of the stall and was washing my hands when I heard whistling (just a tune nothing recognizable) aha I thought the keys here great. I hurried downstairs and looked out to where I'd heard the whistling on the forecourt and no-one was there. I jumped the front gate and checked the track no-one ( they couldn't have made it all the way up the track in that time). I went back into the building and searched and still no-one in sight. I shrugged it off and carried on. I climbed my ladder and poked a hole in the ceiling for my cable to go through and my phone rang it was the guy with the key and he was about 45 mins away. I got down from the ladder and my hair which is shaved stood on end. I put it down to temperature in the room heat rising etc. I went to the exit point for my cable and again climbed the ladder poked a hole and came back down, again my hair stood on end. Now I'm starting to think I'm not alone so I walked to the corner of the room and stopped and again my hair stood on end. I started saying out loud I wasnt here to disturb it I was just doing my job and to leave me be. But every time i stopped my hair would stand up. I went out for a cigarette and spoke to my other half about it and she was going to look on Google to see if anything was on there.
I went back in to carry on and had to get into the attic to pull the cables over I climbed the ladder flicked the light switch... Nothing bugger I thought. I had a torch in the van but used the one on my phone an was eyeballing everywhere while I was up.there but nothing happened until I got back down the ladder and again my hair stood up.
The guy with the key called and said he wasn't far so I went back outside jumped the 2 gates and waited by my van on a small triangle of grass. My other half called me back while I was there and asked If I was anywhere near Huntick Road. A shiver went down my spine as I replied that I was standing looking at the road sign from where I was standing. She explained that during the English revolution there were 17 revolutionaries hung at the end of Huntick Road. But that wasnt the really creepy bit as she explained that they came from Chard in Somerset then I really got shaky because my grandad was born in a town called Crewkerne which is about 3 miles away from Chard and where my family name Warry comes from. It made me think that maybe it was an ancestor of mine that was trying to say hello.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I was stressed but we had some drinks and who knows if I took it out of my pocket and placed the phone on the table. She could have put it in her purse. And was too embarrassed to tell me or wanted to play a trick lol, well what ever it was I still have my phone!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have a 911 story

That horrible day I drove to work near the border of Pennsylvania and NJ and had a road rage in Somerset County NJ.

I dam near followed the guy into Pennsylvania but stopped.

I went into work and asked a secretary for a pencil (BEFORE THE PUBLIC ANNOUNCMENT OF THE ATTACK OF THE TWIN TOWERS) and she strangely offered me two pencils in the form of the number 11 in her hand.

I thought, strange, and took the pencils.

A half an hour later an employee entered that room and announced the 911 attack.

This room was a big one with many employees with desks in it. One ex-employee was a person who had left the company and got a job at the WTC named Brian Warner.

He died that day. When he worked there his office was in that room.

I believe a spirit was in that room that had informed that 911 was occurring, and that poor Brian was dead.

The road rage was significant in that flight 93 suppose to have gone down in Somerset county Pennsylvania.

I was in Somerset county NJ when I ended following that guy in the road rage.

Many speculate that that flight 93 was followed by a US military plane and shot down in Somerset county Pennsylvania

Some spirit had given me a premonition of 911 that day

May Brian rest in Peace!

It was too late!

I’ll NEVER forget this day or the people who murdered those citizens on 911

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This story happened when my brother and I were young and still living at home.

My brother is a no nonsense type who doesn't really believe in much. He came home one night, and started to head up to his room. As he started up the stairs, he saw me on the landing, which is the space on the stairs before they change direction. He asked me what I was doing up so late. He looked back down at his feet to start walking up the stairs, and when he looked back up I was gone. He ran up into my room and discovered I was asleep and wearing different clothes than he had just seen me in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join