It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Johns Hopkins Chief of Psychiatry Says Trans Movement is “Collaborating with Madness”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
All the noise about all this sort of thing for a good while now...

It all reminds me of Paul Ehrlich proposing gearing a society towards homosexuality in general as a means of population control.
edit on 6-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

In those links were actual studies. Not opinion pieces. Did you read any of them?

Where are your studies? And not the ones from Family Research Council or NARTH.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It all reminds me of Paul Ehrlich proposing gearing a society towards homosexuality in general as a means of population control.

That theory won't fly because we will still have ova, spermazoa and test tubes.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ok, so is the girl in the second video a transgender?

Is she suggesting that the biology of a transgender is internally different than the average person?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here's an idea.. Try and mind your own business and not worry about what's going on with other people's genitals.
This is the safe bet.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

Sho nuff!

Equally so, the recent hammering of the issue into all reaches of media & mind... what else to take it as other than it being shoved down everyone's throats?!

Kindergarten kids need to be contemplating this stuff?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Sure, but then again say it were possible to social engineer a society where everyone were bisexual: That would cut the number of new pregnancies by something on the order of an entire 1/3.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The second video in your post is a transgender female who obviously doesn't agree with Paul McHugh. She is reciting much of the same information that is in the research studies I provided in my link, which I STILL think no one has read yet.

Where's the intellectual debate? I'm not seein' it.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Sure, but then again say it were possible to social engineer a society where everyone were bisexual: That would cut the number of new pregnancies by something on the order of an entire 1/3.

How would any of those theories diminish the desire to have children? But we are off topic, I guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

You're approaching this under a hypothetical that every new pregnancy is the result of a married couple planning it all out and such. In the real world its MUCH more messy a process. This high tech transgender sciencey stuff you refer to I'm sure that's wont be happening one single time during a routine one night stand.

I'd bet Paul Erlich's dream would be to eliminate every un-planned baby. Imagine how much that would cut off the annual new baby count

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That theory would presuppose everyone would be one night-standers. Are you projecting here?
edit on 6-6-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: BO XIAN

Thank you, I'll see if I can find anything.

a reply to: AnthraAndromdaII

Don't be ridiculous, I'm not gonna take a course in anthropology just to find that particular morsel of information.

Ahhh...so it is better to argue against that "morsel of information" from a position of ignorance? And further presume that you are correct over someone who has actually spent time to learn?

Doesn't make much sense to me...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The Dr. also claims sex change is “biologically impossible”.

It is, and any REAL doctor will say so.

You can't change DNA.

You can't grow female reproductive organs and implant them in men or vice versa.

A male Transsexual can not reproduce offspring. The flip side of that can't father one.

A transsexual won't live longer. Women live longer than men. A man can't turn himself in to one, and will.

Disease specific to males and females can not be 'interchanged'.

The entire issue is just freggin INSANE.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

originally posted by: MysticPearl
If people think some Americans are closed minded about parts of this, imagine how this transgenderism would go over in the numerous Sharia dominated areas throughout Europe. Women get raped there just for being white.

Ironically, many of those "intolerant muslims" that you try to scare people with, like the muslims in Iran, are MORE TOLERANT than their christian counterparts in the US. In the US transgender people fight numerous state and federal bureaucracies for the simple right to use the restroom. In the US, numerous state governments seek to strip transgender people of equal rights. In the US, many transgender people pay the high cost for surgery out of pocket, because neither the government or insurance companies will do so.

In contrast, as of 2008, Iran carries out more sex change operations than any other nation in the world except for Thailand, and will pay for up to half of their surgical costs. They also change necessary government documents like birth certificates and passports, without the bureaucratic mess we have here.

Go figure.

Might want to look into the reason they give people sex change operations, it's to avoid gay relationships, not because they have such a strong liberal mindset. Which is also why they are so efficient at getting their paperwork in order, no gays here, just a man and woman.

If you are a man, and want to be with a man, they will kill you. If that person wants to live and be with men they have to become a woman.

But by all means paint the Iranians as being more tolerant than Americans if it suits your agenda.
edit on 6-6-2016 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

So, you and the Huff want to claim that this doctor was "part of the campaign that led to the murder of abortion provider Dr. George Tiller in 2009."?... Of course, that apart from trying to demonize him for being a catholic...

But anyway, do you actually have any proof of this slander that "he participated in the campaign that led to the murder of an abortion provider"?... Waiting to see what idiocy the Huff and websites like "thinkprogress" will come up with now...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's not about DNA. It's about changing the outer package to match what the brain says. That gets rid of the dysphoria. So far, nothing else has come as close to relieving it.

You got any other suggestion, Dr. Neo, seeing as how you are an expert on gender dysphoria?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Are you sure it isn't?... What if there is evidence that several products that have been introduced into the food system in countries like the U.S. can actually induce dysphoria on children, and even adults? Working on such a thread which i will post as soon as I gather all the info.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes it is about the DNA.

People don't get a choice.

IT is dumbfounding that some people think they do.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
TL;DR 85 year old dude has backwards views. In other news, water "wet", say scientists.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The issues are - is it a mental disorder?

I really don't have much with transgenders, I don't know any at least not that I am aware of or care about much. But I am critical of psychiatry. There are not much alternatives but why not question psychiatry instead. They cannot scientifically prove it is something in the brain or DNA, like alzheimers. And they are a business like any other and depend upon disease. If the public would believe certain mindsets are disorders that'll open up potential markets. Call it crazy and disagree, but no reason to start pumping transgenders full of possibly dangerous drugs or locking them away.

Psychiatrists are often people who see society black and white, healthy and ill. People they don't like they would want to get rid out of society, preferably putting them away in miserable places drugging them into submission so they shut up. It is only half a century they declared homosexuality not to be mental disorder. If it wasn't for that lawsuit back then, there would probably not have been all the gay pride, marriages, equal rights etc. I'm not exaggerating here - psychiatry has replaced religion in terms of social power, they are granted a lot of power in society up to courts and laws and the majority believes them completely. In an alternate timelime, in this time it would be on par, treated and viewed exactly like schizophrenia, any gay would be hospitalized and drugged. Some silver lining though, they don't do lobotomies any more but ECT is still being used.

Should we be letting kids transition?

That should be up to individual parents.

Why do trans people commit suicide and transition back to their original sex?

The same as anyone who commits suicide?

Your second question is completely different, I guess some transgenders realized it wasn't what they wanted? I think it is mutilation personally even if done surgically with western healthcare. But if that is what one chooses to do with life so be it. There are some transplants possible. Which makes it a whole undertaking and costs a lot of time, that surgeon might save someone's life doing other surgery. But then again, if it kills people because of suicide than it saves lives also.

How do we deal with potentially trans children?

The same as any? I would opt for private single person bathrooms and dressing rooms for sports so no one has to find out. I think that is best for children, they can always yell on every possible media about their condition if they choose to later when they are adults.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join