It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Johns Hopkins Chief of Psychiatry Says Trans Movement is “Collaborating with Madness”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Thanks for actually answering without freaking out when I get home I'll respond.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: neo96

It's not about DNA. It's about changing the outer package to match what the brain says. That gets rid of the dysphoria. So far, nothing else has come as close to relieving it.

You got any other suggestion, Dr. Neo, seeing as how you are an expert on gender dysphoria?

Some people's brain doesn't match their outer packaging in other ways besides sexuality. There are people out there who feel like they are amputees, but they are not. Their intact limbs feel foreign and terrible to them. Some go as far as getting their limbs amputated so that their outer packaging matches their brain. Do you think there is any difference between this condition and trans-gendered people? If so, why?

If someone wants to chop their arms and legs off to feel better I don't think they should be stopped. But I fully reject anybody who tells me this is normal or healthy. You freely admit their mind doesn't match their body. Their body is not deformed or damaged. That means this is a mental issue. Nobody can claim to know how another person feels or what they are thinking, this I agree, but likewise no person on this planet can tell you what biological and chemical processes are happening within their own brains. We don't have the sensory tools built in us required to do so.

My point here is that a trans-gendered person isn't well. I don't mean that in a disparaging sense, it's simply accurate. If they were well they wouldn't need treatment. They wouldn't be unhappy. So *something* is going wrong in their brain. I do no believe we have figured out what that is. Until we figure out scientifically and specifically what causes a person to question their gender I find it dangerous to behave as if you already have all the answers.

Truth is nobody truly knows the cause of this, and if you don't know the cause of something you cannot start the path on finding a solution. If someone is depressed and you give them some Heroin they will feel great. Does that mean that the cause of the person's depression was a lack of Herion in their system? Does that mean the cure to depression is Heroin?

If someone wants to use Heroin to make themselves feel better, again, I don't think they should be stopped. But just like mutilating one's self I don't think it's a healthy or positive way of dealing with the underlying issue, whatever it may be.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The ignorance astounds me.

I don't know if you've heard, but there's this condition called gender dysphoria. It is a situation where the gender that a person identifies with in their brain doesn't match their born sex. The dysphoria part is the discomfort and despair they feel because of this difference between what their brain is telling them and what they see on the outside.

Therapy alone has not solved this dysphoria.

Anti-depressants have not solved this dysphoria.

Anti-psych meds have not solved this dysphoria.

Praying has not solved this dysphoria.

Ignoring it has not solved this dysphoria.

People with gender dysphoria are living miserable lives, which is why they seek relief. Can you blame them for seeking relief? What would YOU have them do, seeing how none of the above thing I listed have worked as well as hormones and surgery.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AnthraAndromdaII

What the hell are you even talking about. I haven't argued about anything or even taken any position you nutjob.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

What the hell are you even talking about. I haven't argued about anything or even taken any position you nutjob.

Well thank you so muck for labeling me a "NUTJOB", that was quite enlightened of you!

Perhaps you could take the time to re-read that little micro-thread...perhaps pay attention ...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Im a pretty tolerant person. (I like to think so)

As long as you aren't hurting someone else then im ok with however a person decides to live their life.

The issue that most people have with LBGT are the ramifications of being impressionable upon children. A LBGT person would quickly point to nature over nurture however the science behind why people are LBGT is still taboo at best.

It is known that LBGT is tolerated but not accepted as a norm in social society. Mainly because of the traditional means of producing life.

The problem is LBGT can fight for rights and fuss all day to be accepted as normal, but it will not be nor will it ever be the norm.

That is something that LBGT will have to accept. Just as many people accept that many LBGT people cant help the way they feel.

With that said. I believe The T in LBGT have the right to use a bathroom. Their own bathroom.

A man would not use the womens restroom. A woman would not use a mans. A transgender would not use either. So give them their own bathroom im all for equality.

Now for those who disagree with that statement, really ask yourself why. Embarrassment? If thats the case then why go throught the lengths to be come Trans if you are not a proud trans person.
I won't touch on the 33% suicide ratio. Im trying to keep this light.

Im all for changing yourself to feel better. But you have to accept who you are 1st. If there is no base there is no center. No center no happiness period. And a bathroom won't make you happy regardless of which recepticle you are allowed to use.

I want everyone to feel happy, safe and included. However when it comes to the saftey of the innocent I'll always choose that 1st. So should a man be allowed in a restroom with little girls? No. Should a woman be allowed in a restroom with little boys who pull their pants all the way down to pee at the urinal? Absoloutely not.

Regardless of the gender identity involved.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Transgenderism was already proven to be a mental illness.

However, the functional group of the transgender community have been complaining to have this classification removed because it hurts their feelings.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Well im on the fence about it being purely mental because of this simple fact.

During fetal growth everyone has a penis. Just as genetic anomolies such as hermaphraditism cause a person to have both male and female reproduction parts. I believe these anomolies can occure elsewhere such as the brain. Where these people actually have the mind of a sex they were not physically born with. (Wires really do get crossed)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

Should a big strong lesbian who likes little girls be allowed in a restroom with little girls? How would you know whether or not this lesbian will assault the little girl?

Should a man who likes little boys be allowed in a restroom with little boys? How would you know whether or not this man was indeed a pedophile?

Telling someone it shouldn't matter to them where they go to the bathroom is like telling blacks it shouldn't matter if they have to sit at the back of the bus. Having separate "cis gender only" is the same as having separate "whites only". It smacks of discrimination.

A transgender female doesn't want to use the men's room any more than a cis gendered female wants to use the men's room. A transgender male doesn't want to use the women's room any more than a cis gendered male wants to use the women's room.

If you are going to build new bathrooms, then they should be the same for all, i.e., gender neutral single toilet rooms.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

That's a lie. It was never PROVEN. Just theorized. We know more now. We used to think the sun revolved around the earth. We know more now.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

All soild points. Which is why the subject is so touchy. And parents should always accompany their children to the bathroom.

Gender neutral restrooms would just exacerbate that issue with children even more.

Im sure black people would have been ok if seperate but equal was actually equal. For instance if black people had designated seats throughout the bus and rosa parks sat in her designated seat at the front there would have never been an issue.

Seperate but equal (disregarding race) is exactly what the male and female restrooms are today.
We realize the women sit to pee so there will be 6 stalls with 6 toilets. We realize that men don't thus there are 3 urinals and 3 toilets.

I vote transgender people should get a restroom with 3 urinals and three toilets. Therefore the choice is yours. That is the most reasonable option.

I'll try not to be sexist or intolerant when I say I don't want my daughter in the presence of a trans woman. Who's standing to pee at a urinal and conviently forgets to tuck it back in when my 6 year old daughter/son is walking in the door.

An adult is capable of processing the situation. A child is not.

And if gender neutral restrooms is what you want then cool because as an adult I can handle that. *Adult Gender Neutral Restrooms* it is.

I'll petition for parent/child restrooms. Or just use the handicapped.

Like I said we can find a solution where everyone is happy.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is a reason why the Transgender community suffers from the highest depression and suicide rates out of any demographic in America. Instead of confronting the problems the liberal media seems to be enabling it.

American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - Suicide Attempts among Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Adults

When an Anorexic person looks in the mirror and thinks they are fat, it's considered a mental illness. When a man looks in the mirror and thinks he is a woman and wants to mutilate his body, he is given encouragement and put on the cover of a magazine.

edit on 6-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

What you are talking about is a mental deformity induced mental illness. It doesn't matter what induced it, in the end what matters is that its a mental disorder. Your mind's wires can get incorrectly crossed in many ways, drugs, physical trauma, oxygen deprivation, etc.. in the end it causes a mental illness.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, its proven. Gender dysphoria is a mental state. Dysphoria is a mental condition.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Bigotism is a mental illness.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Gender dysphoria was traditionally thought to be a psychiatric condition, which meant that its causes were believed to originate in the mind. This does not mean that gender dysphoria is a mental illness.

However, recent studies have suggested that gender dysphoria may have biological causes associated with the development of gender identity before birth.

www.healthexchange.org.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Maybe you should take your own advice. It's quite clear I didn't challenge him as to the veracity of the claim whatsoever.

I simply asked for a source, nothing more, nothing less. I even told him I wasn't being skeptical about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I personally agree with him, as TG people usually are followed by sexual abuse, which wrecks everyone's psychology. It's pretty clear that the way they act and dress, not following the status quo, that something went terribly wrong in their lives that made them so emotionally unstable and confused....and yes, despite all of the "usual suspects" on this site, that will defend them, with all kinds of smoke and mirrors, and twisting topics....it 'IS' biologically impossible for a man to be a real woman, or a woman to be a real man. At the end of the day, they are what they are, only with makeup and women's clothes, and possibly an appendage missing. Whatever, cut whatever you want off, but even if you're left with only a pound of flesh, when you're done...you are STILL the sex that you were born, whether you like it or not. The rest is just a fantasy in peoples heads, and agenda for the government to distract us. S&F.
edit on 6-6-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: unknown

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

S/F

He's correct. And i particularly like that he's calling it 'A Movement'. Funny as 0.1% of the planet are this way, how'd they get all that funding to create a movement so large, that it's taking over every Educational 'if you can call it that' Institute in the US +. It's becoming more than a movement though, by warped insane people with too much money and time on their hands.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

The problem I see, is that with all the attention they are getting, more and more people who are not, claim to be, or convince themselves that they are.

Hence, the value of counseling. Therapy usually tends to separate out the people with true gender dysphoria and the others.

Depends which faulty textbook is being used.

You guys and gals
need to face the facts that this is one of the fields that science is entirely a crapshoot on, and ON PURPOSE is not figuring out the truth about anything.

SCIENCE, does NOT hold the answer here, HOW MUCH MORE BLOODY OBVIOUS CAN IT GET THAT SCIENCE is being CONTROLLED, and ACROSS THE BOARD.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join