It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Using Small Doses of Martial Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

They take away a Law-abbiding mans abilty to protect himself, create the very laws that create crime, and then form a monopoly on protecting us against those criminals they created. This is the system you defend?

It’s the perfect crime; they enforce and help create the laws and criminals that keep them in business.

You tell me what dirty work they do for me, please. I would so like to know.

Are you kidding cops dont create the law
And you think cops are to blame for creating criminals

man you really have a jaded and twisted outlook on cops.

Did you get a speeding ticket today? Its OK they are not all out to get you

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
saying "They are dirty, corrupt scum. Every one of them" is just BS. There are many fine men and women putting their lives on the line everyday to protect people like you.

*MY bad he DID say that*
edited by Amuk

I have worked with the police in several different settings, I bounty hunted when younger and I trained them in close combat techniques not to mention have 5-6 members of my family that are in the police department.

He is right way to often.

MOST of the ones I know/knew were at best abusers of their power and at worst out and out corrupt. Recently our county and the one next to us fired almost ALL of the sheriffs department for corruption although I seriously doubt even ONE will be jailed.

As Cav mention they LAUGH about stealing money, bullying and beating people, selling drugs, doing drugs, harassing certain people, etc.

It happens.

A lot.

Am I saying all cops are like that? NO.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Im not trying to paint a picture that all cops are free of corruption because its just not true. You will find corrupt people in any field you look at, Its a part of human nature. There are corrupt bankers and CEOs that steal millions. Corrupt cable guys and cashiers you name a hob and I will find someone crooked there.

But if you really want to see what crooked cops are like I suggest a trip to Mexico or Russia. There you can get the meaning of the word crooked cop. But even in places like that there are still people that are not crooked.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

But if you really want to see what crooked cops are like I suggest a trip to Mexico or Russia.

I suggest a trip to Arkansas

Like I said TWO counties have fired all but a handful of their personal for corruption. I have seen this happen several times in my life. The sad part is that they aren't replacing them with "honest" cops, it just amounts to putting their "own" people in.

I know a lot worse things then I posted (and wont post them either). I don't even think the issue is single cop abuses but a SYSTEM of abuses cover ups and "looking out for their own"

We have had Known Child molesters, rapists, etc ON THE POLICE FORCE that were not only "overlooked" but in some cases evidence was destroyed or lost, those who spoke out were threatened, etc.

The system can not be blamed for hiring a child molester but it can be blamed for covering it up for 20 years

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yeah, IBM, what dirt work would that be, exactly?

They take away a Law-abbiding mans abilty to protect himself, create the very laws that create crime, and then form a monopoly on protecting us against those criminals they created. This is the system you defend?

It’s the perfect crime; they enforce and help create the laws and criminals that keep them in business.

You tell me what dirty work they do for me, please. I would so like to know.

If you will look at the next sentence down, I did say they HELP create the laws, which is what I meant to say above as well. I never meant to say that they actually create the laws, but they do have a part in it, unless of course you count the real law, the constitution that they swore to protect and defend and then forgot about the minute they got that shield and gun.

I will address your other points later; I have a friend coming over in a few minutes.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The average cop you come in contact with on the street as no more influence on creating laws then any normal person. I know many cops that dont think small amounts of pot should be illegal. But do you think thats going to change anytime soon.

Politicians have the power in making laws, the are influenced by much more richer and powerful people then cops.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sure ALL this bad stuff happens. A lot of good stuff goes unreported but this isn't subject to this thread.

VOTE:

Write, complain in writing and sue in court.

If you think the police in your area are less than they should be then take responsibility. Be a citizen

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Quit being a victim

Exactly.

We have so far voted out of office THREE sherrifs that have just brought their own cronies and crooks.

And we will keep it up till we get someone half way decent in office. I get so sick and tired of people whining about the government and then not voting.

If you arent going to stand up for yourself, dont whine

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Sure ALL this bad stuff happens. A lot of good stuff goes unreported but this isn't subject to this thread.

VOTE:

Write, complain in writing and sue in court.

If you think the police in your area are less than they should be then take responsibility. Be a citizen

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
My friend Raven was on her way home from my house. A car pulled out behind her and came up on her really fast and it scared her. He was right on her rear end. She locked her doors and pulled over hoping he would just keep going. He did. As he passed she realized it was a police officer and not someone trying to "mess" with her. Relieved she pulled back out on to the road. Within about a minute the officer pulled over and she passed him. Then....he pulled her over. He told her he had pulled her over because of her suspicious behavior. He checked her license and registration and insurance. All was well. He shined his flashlight into the back seat of her car. Then he asked her to step out of the car. She asked if there was a problem because she was under the impression they were done. His reply was to tell her to turn around and face the car. He hand-cuffed her and put her in the back of his cruiser. Then he went back to her car and searched it, even taking things out of her backpack and bags. For the 8-10 minutes or so he was searching her car she was racking her brain trying to figure out what he had seen in the back seat. She drew a blank and decided he must just be completely convinced that her pulling over and letting him pass was an indication of wrong doing and he was determined to find out what she was hiding. But she knew there was nothing and he would soon let her go. Instead he came back to his car and opened the door. He began asking her questions about her religion as he had seen books in the back seat about witchcraft, auras, healing, etc. 45 minutes he kept her in the back seat of his car in hand cuffs because he saw a book on witchcraft. He asked her if she sacrificed animals or small children. By this time she was extremely frustrated and a bit p.o.'d. She replied "No sir....I think you have me confused with Abraham." He was not amused. He asked her if she worshiped Satan and continued to harass her, all the while telling her he was only trying to help her. She informed him that witches don't generally even believe in Satan and again, for the 3rd time, asked him to stop and let her go. Finally, worried that she had had an hour and a half to get home and wasn't there yet, I started calling her cell phone. About the 4th time I called, a man answered the phone and laughed and told me my "witch friend was a bit tied up at the moment". We reported him but apparently not the right way. Nothing happened. A couple weeks ago, the same officer pulled my daughter over and harased her. She was wearing some jewelery that identified her as a witch. While I understand that some are not informed as to the true nature of witchcraft and believe it to be satanic, my friend and my daughter were not doing anything wrong and did not deserve to be treated this way. My concern is, if some officers behave this way when it is against their own rules, what will happen if martial law is instituted for some reason and their rules are relaxed? Will we be in danger from the ones who are supposed to protect us? I am growing very tired of those in positions of authority, treating citizens with disrespect and as though our rights mean nothing; all under the guise of security and "for our own protection". It seems to be happening at all levels of government. Is there anything we as citizens can do to stop this abuse of power?

Our constitution says....."We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

How? How do we do this? Is there an instruction book somewhere? Or do we just do what we think is right , duck alot, and prepare to be arrested or shot? Or maybe, for those who are more publicly known and so our demise must appear an accident, taken out in a plane crash . Am I just completely paranoid? Or are we truly losing our liberties?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

They are dirty, corrupt scum. Every one of them. Each one has taken an oath of office in which they have promised to uphold and defend the constitution, and for each un-constitutional law they enforce, they break a law themselves. Pigs is right.

No, I don’t think the system can be fixed; it is working just how they intend it to.

I come from 3 generations of cops and I can tell you didnt work with any cops with a post like that.

Wow, you can tell that from my post? Damn dude, you’re good. You work for the Psychic Friends Network?

You’ve never know a cop to break the constitution? I would bet you can’t find one who hasn’t enforced an unconstitutional law, and what does that make them? They took that oath VOULUNTARIALY! Then they crapped on the same document they swore to protect. What does that make them, you tell me, what does that make them? Plenty of good people do bad things, and many of these cops are the same. Good fathers and mothers, they may be. Respected members of society, most are. Sure there are even many who would never break any of the laws they bust people for. BUT they are all corrupt, because they enforce unconstitutional laws. They made a pact, gave their word, promised. Well, they lied. They swore to YOU and ME, the public, that they would uphold and defend our most sacred document as a nation, the Constitution of The United States of America! What non-religious oath could be higher? How could they let us down any more than that?!!! Like I said, maybe they are good people, but they are still corrupt. The lie they told was the worst they could do. They have failed the people, they have let us down. I just can't express in words how I feel.

Oh, and remember; although they may not consider anything they do unconstitutional, or they may think it is OK because they are serving the will of the people, lets not forget the Germans. When we prosecuted the Nazis at Nuremberg in '46, what did we establish? We established a precedent that men can and will be executed legally for "just following orders."

Like I said before are some cops just jerks yes. But some programers are jerks so are some teachers so are some doctors.

Programmers don't take a sacred oath (unless of course you count the pledge of allegiance they said in school as an oath. "And to the republic, for which it stands.") Teachers don't swear to uphold and defend our constitution, do they? Doctors are held accountable to their own oaths, one of conscious, not one of the protection of our way of life.

saying "They are dirty, corrupt scum. Every one of them" is just BS. There are many fine men and women putting their lives on the line everyday to protect people like you.
Yes, fine men and women. Liars and backstabbers all, but fine men and women.

People that say stuff like that are the first to call 9-11 when they are in trouble.
I carry a gun with me everywhere I go, except inside of a bank, and I don’t carry a cell phone. I have never needed to dial 911, and probably never will, but the day I do they better show up. What, I bad mouth them so I am not entitled to or don’t deserve to make use of their services? I PAY TAXES! They commit armed robbery against me, and that money is supposed to pay their salaries, they damn well better show up if I call. Anyways, many of them know who I am; they will show up and help me. Hell, they will probably help me more then I want or need (you know, the whole corrupt thing.)

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Harmonious, I take it you are American.

You register - you show up on the roles.

You vote - you show up on the roles.

EVERY politician looks at the roles.
-then-

Write a complaint to the local District Attorney AND the 'chief judge' of your district.

Then write a complain to the FBI and the US Attorney for your area.

Then write the editor of the largest newspaper close by but not in your town if it is a small town.

Then the mayor.

Then the local ACLU.

Then write a complaint and send it certified mail to the police chief with a copy of ALL the other complaints.

May not do much but I'll bet that policeman keeps his religious predilections to himself in the future.

Next election

VOTE

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
HarmoniusOne, I didn't want to get way off subject, so here you go.

America, when is it enough to die for. politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

Just for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Wow! I had hoped to make people think. All that for me... I am impressed! Thank you. It is appreciated. I will attempt to reply tomorrow when I am awake enough to comprhend all that was said....

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I've said this before, but it bears repeating for new folks.

Those who have read regs on flags, types of flags and proper display of the flags might have noticed that in your courtrooms across this country executive flags are displayed. Flags set jurisdiction. As the flag displayed in the courtrooms are executive, or warflags, and the courtroom is normally considered "judicial", what were you saying about "when" martial law is instituted? Martial rule is when there are no longer troops in the street, but martial law is not recinded. Where do you think we are now?

Another thought. You have the right to travel, correct. How does that ring true when "driving" is a privilege? Easy. You buy an automobile. You go down to the local courthouse and you purchase state plates. You attach these plates to your automobile and redifine it into a "motor vehicle". You probably also have a "driver's license in your pocket, right? You aren't traveling in your private conveyance at this time but "operating" a "motor vehicle", which belongs to the state since you placed their tag on it. You even paid money to give the automobile away, you schmuck!

What was that about rights?

Remember, the government is always always always right, the patriot just has to figure out how they pull it off. There is a big difference between a constitutional law and the U.C.C., for example. We are connected to D.C. six ways from Sunday, and the sovereign man on the land was never supposed to be attached to D.C., which is why it is not a state or part of a state but is an "island" jurisdictionally.

We perish for lack of knowledge. They will not teach you these things as they profit from our ignorance.

Next week's episode will be "FRN's; simply funny money or war scrip?" Don't miss the late night rerun of, "the 14th Amendment; Do you answer for the "crimes" of a straw man?"

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Pretty much everyone I hang out with works for some law enforcement group or another. Some of them are the worst at bending the law out of anyone I know, when they want to do something. If it cops guy’s night out they ALL make darn sure they have their badges because not only do they get in everywhere free, but also there is the added benefit of what they call badge bunnies. Also, if they are pulled over after having one too many they accidentally flash their badges while getting their license out and they’re off Scott free. I have seen this done personally more times then I care to admit too.

ShadowXIX
If cops are all such honorable guys that would never pull anyone over for BS reasons, perhaps you would like to explain to everyone here what, “Bush Bond” is, and why that is a constant running joke with EVERY officer I have ever met, hum?

I know that these guys joke around about the stuff they do all day, because I have to listen to all the time.

Then there are the FISHING laws, what are fishing laws you ask?
They are the funny laws that you read about all the time like not eating peanuts in church.

Why do these laws exist?
To give the cops a reason to harass someone that has committed no overt crime but fits a criminal profile. By way of example, CyberSEAL, gave a story about being pulled over and asked to search the car. If the officer decided to push the issue, and found any tool but a wrench and jack in the trunk of your car, he can arrest you with having tools of burglary in your possession.

Another good example is that it is illegal in my state to have a marked basket/milk crate. This is strictly so they have an excuse to search homeless people and those they suspect are selling drugs.

Oh, and though they deny it they do profile people, but that is not a subject I am going to go into here because I do not want to offend anyone in explaining it, but lets just say it is not exactly racially discriminatory, so they are able to get away with it.

I remember one time hearing a story from one friend that was making fun of a domestic violence call he went too. By the time it was over, they had arrested both parties, impounded both their vehicles, and turned their kids over to HRS. I remember asking him why they thought this was funny, it was their job to, “protect and serve”, and it was obvious that both parties were not at fault in this situation. The answer was that if you have to call them, you were somewhere, or with someone should have not been, and therefore guilty by association.

[edit on 1/15/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Helluva post. Good read.

Down south, MS, we had incident a week ago, where a state trooper pulled over a couple from Boston at three in the morning. And yes, they were black.

Any how, the trooper said the more he spoke with the couple, more suspious they were. That's all that was reported. I can't tell you what suspicious behavior is.

He called for a drug dog, searched the car and found nothing. The dog hit on, however, what looked liked like on the tv, several thousand dollars. It looked to me about 20 grand. The actual amount was not reported.

Now, it's been reported that all money has traces of drug residue; even the money in your pocket now. That's why the dog found the money.

Let me reiterate, they found nothing else.

They in turn, impounded the money, confiscated the car, a late model Honda Accord, and locked the male individual up. Charged him with money laundering.

Nothing else has since been reported in the news.

Some of you may disagree, but 20 thousand dollars is not a lot of money. They could have sold a car and got that money.

I was flabergasted. No apparent law was broken or at least reported and yet they should his property.
This is wrong and I suspect, because like where I live is twenty years behind the rest of the country, that this is type of bulls**t is going on more than I know.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Im sure we are not getting the whole story, most Cops dont go busting your balls for no reason believe me there is so many legal reasons they can use if they want to be a prick. If you are a prick to them and call them "PIGS" and stuff, guess what they are going to find one of those reason.

I find it very hard to believe a cop would arrest someone simply for walking a dog, two times no less. That one statement alone set up a big red flag for me.

Sounds like the original poster is stating things that are not true. I also note that in another post he mentioned marijuana possession. That is against the law in most places so the cop has every right to make and arrest. Sounds like he has it in for the cops and wants others to join on his band wagon without knowing all the facts if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In many cases money and knowledge does indeed help these situations. In my small town it takes a while for any of our officials to actually come to understand. I must say these people rode the short bus. I could just scream..."where the heck did you get your badge" the bublegum machine?
Most of my family have good jobs and my cousins drive sports cars, ect.. Most still get pulled over for one stupid reason or another simply because they are driving a sports car. Recently my uncle decided he had had enough of his children being treated like drug dealing law breakers. He decided to drive his sons car over the weekend and also take along a video recorder...this caused some higher ups to sit up and take notice. Because he had taped being pulled over 9 different times by three different cops, took that tape to a lawyer and boom...very embarrassing stuff to show up in the morning paper. After all three blocks away there were two cars stolen, a break in on an old lady, and two fires started at two hotels, along with a bank robbery.
So these chickenbutts all got fired. Our town is now a pleasure to live in !!!
So if you continue being treated like a lawbreaker take along a recorder of some type, even if its just a voice recorder, and get it to the correct people, ie .news chanels ect. Things will change for you.
Be safe and good luck

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

ShadowXIX
If cops are all such honorable guys that would never pull anyone over for BS reasons, perhaps you would like to explain to everyone here what, “Bush Bond” is, and why that is a constant running joke with EVERY officer I have ever met, hum?

[edit on 1/15/2005 by defcon5]

Please show me were I said ALL cops are honorable. Just qoute me where I said that.

See I didnt say that because thats just as stupid as cavscout saying all cops are backstabbers or corrupt. See Im not going to lump millions of people into any group thats just ignorant.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join