It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Using Small Doses of Martial Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It has come to my attention that cops are using small doses of martial law in urban areas.I have been a victim many times so i speak from experience.Cops are doing whatever they feel like nowadays.I've gotten to the point where i am fed up and i know many others are too.I have been illegally searched by them many many times and still am searched to this to this day.It's gotten to be harassing in a way.I have broken no laws unless walking down the street is breaking the law.My brother was hit with 2 tickets in one week for walking the dog.Cops giving out summons for anything now,people sitting on milk crates,people sitting alone in a park,ect...I mean it's gotten ridiculous,isn't there something better for them to do.There's tons of criminals out there for them to arrest.Have we all become suspicious potential criminals to them?.My friends and i were robbed at gunpoint and get this right on the very same block of the police precinct.Where were they when they were needed most?.They were nowhere to be found but when i am not doing anything i am illegally searched.So what do we need police for if they're doing more harm than good.The sad thing is one person cannot do anything.It would take alot of people for them to actually start listening and before any of you tell me to file a report you should know this...it's always the same thing their word against yours which means they are always right.I fear this year it will be getting worse.People need to open their eyes and see what's going on.If you are gonna try to bash me make sure you have experienced something corrupt from the law because if not you don't know how it really is.I'm interested with some feedback.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Actually no they dont have anything better to do. These PIGS are abusing there authority and I too am sick and tired of getting harrased by PIGS. I have a deep hatred for PIGS and I honestly think they are Nazi soldiers. I was beaten and robbed by PIGS and constantly being harrased. I cant even drive in certain neighborhoods around my way with out being pulled over and searched.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
hear hear brother i feel your pain.perhaps we should start a movement.

p.s. when martial law fully arrives i wont mind bodying a few cops cuz they deserve it.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Drew Da General]

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Drew Da General]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Have you reported this at all??
make a complaint, its in your rights to

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The best defense against an abusive police force is intelligence and money. I have both and I have used them to stop annoying officers in their tracks before. It helps to know (or at least know the name of) the chief of police, sherrif and county prosecutor where you live.

When you are confronted by a seemingly abusive officer, let them know right away that you are not some schmoe with a 2 digit IQ ready to be taken advantage of. Speak clearly, be courteous and cordial, and use proper english. Usually when they realize you are not some uneducated thug they will back off.

About 3 years ago I was pulled over for having an expired tag on my car (expired by 2 days). The officer was friendly however he was quite insistent on searching my car. I have nothing to hide, however I will allow no one to tread on the life I've been given or have created, so I was adamant that he did not have my permission.

He kept pushing me by saying that he had probable cause and that he could keep me here on the side of the road for awhile why we waited for backup and blah, blah blah. I pointed out to him that all throughout our engagement I had been cordial, helpful and responsive, and then I pointed out that tomorrow morning I would be dropping by Chief Deane's office with a letter of complaint that would be placed in his personnel file. That discussion was over and i was on my way.

I could've said a lot more to him, like how my attorney had a sherriff's deputy fired from the department for stepping on his foot at the county courthouse, but that's ammunition for another battle I suppose.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
The best defense against an abusive police force is intelligence and money. . It helps to know (or at least know the name of) the chief of police, sherrif and county prosecutor where you live.

When you are confronted by a seemingly abusive officer, let them know right away that you are not some schmoe with a 2 digit IQ ready to be taken advantage of. Speak clearly, be courteous and cordial, and use proper english. Usually when they realize you are not some uneducated thug they will back off.

About 3 years ago I was pulled over for having an expired tag on my car (expired by 2 days). The officer was friendly however he was quite insistent on searching my car. I have nothing to hide, however I will allow no one to tread on the life I've been given or have created, so I was adamant that he did not have my permission.

He kept pushing me by saying that he had probable cause and that he could keep me here on the side of the road for awhile why we waited for backup and blah, blah blah.

your right you have to sound proper and they'll say he no average joe it works cause ive done it. Proper language will help in these situations but we need intelligence and money to counter any of this. Anyone have any ideas to resist.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Make a complaint, you have fights, that stuff always sounds funny to me. I have been in plenty of these situations before I learned to speak when spoken to and realise you don't have rights. Everytime I have been with a person who tried to ask why? or started with that I have rights crap has got the crap beat out of them but not where they can be seen that arrest you for something bogus put you in a cell and beat your brains in as a group.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Kramthenothing]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My family moved over the summer to a town about 7 miles from our old house. Anyway, within the first two weeks I and my grandma get hit with a speeding ticket the same day. Sadly, the cop, being the a**hole he is ignored the fact that I and my grandma didn't know the ecopastry of the roads in our area, so we didn't think we had to go 25 mph all the time; not just when school was going in/out of secession at a chruch. And plus, the area has tons of little kids, hardly anyone my age to talk to unless your married, rich(DR., Lawyer, Fatcat), and love golfing just north of where we live. So I'm stuck here and on a few other sites. So forgive my "teeny bopperness". I hate being depressed. *feels sorry about the rant*
Anyhow, I love your signature orginal poster(sorry bad w/ names, I'm so bad with names it took me three months to learn the BSB and NSYNCs' names, yet I finally learned both and got both group stright.)

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Put it in writing!!
Two things that would help you, first, you need to find a good web site, learn how to file a civil complaint in court. File as indigent if you need to, but if you don't file anything, your going to be talking to a wall. If you just call the police chief or the county sheriff to make your complaint, they will laugh and tell jokes over lunch with the officers about the poor schmuck who complained about them. Second, learn how to write a Press Release, get a copy of your complaint attached to it and send that sucker to every media outlet in your area. Unfortunately, the system is self-sustaining, and unless you have a couple of thousand folks ready to go fight city hall with you in mass, then you have to fight the system through the system. As futile as that may sound, the second or third time an officer has to go to a civil hearing in front of a judge, or when the local paper starts calling asking quesitons, it will get somebody's attention that CAN do something about it.
Don't be scared of the judicial system, it is really the only legitimate weapon the citizenry has against that kind of crap. Courts aren't just for criminal cases you know...

[edit on 13-1-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Im sure we are not getting the whole story, most Cops dont go busting your balls for no reason believe me there is so many legal reasons they can use if they want to be a prick. If you are a prick to them and call them "PIGS" and stuff, guess what they are going to find one of those reason.

Are some cops just jerks, yes they are people just like you and me and some are jerks for no reason.

But remember

Hippies

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Where I live in Australia, a little island down south called Tasmania, the police are actually having to fill monthly quotas or face disciplinary measures. So by the end of the month these officer that havent yet filled there quota tend to go overboard to the point of waiting outside clubs for people to book for any offence they can find. But the sad part is even the forensic investigators are forced to take part in the quota system meaning these speacilsist are tied up leaving the important work to go arrest a homeless guy for being drunk.
All so the commisioner can say how good his figures are.
I dont blame the cops i blame their bosses.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yeah quotas suck and they should get rid of them. Around here at the end of the month all the cops start running radar all the time. Thats a quick and easy way to get those ticket numbers up.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General
perhaps we should start a movement.

A group of crazy old men already did start a movement like that, it is called the Republic of the United States of America. As I remember, they put to shame the strongest military on the planet during their time because the redcoats and their Hessian mercenaries (Pigs of the good old days) occupied Boston and New York and wouldn’t stop doing the same things you are talking about. They even had their own laws, as I remember. I think it was called the constitution.

Maybe you should take the thugs to court and mention all of that to the judge. He probably wouldn’t care (I mean, it’s not a ticket, so it’s not putting food on his table) but you never know, you may get one who remembers those crazy old men and their document.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Im sure we are not getting the whole story, most Cops dont go busting your balls for no reason

I have worked with 4 different police departments and I can tell you that they do. They think it is funny, they tell jokes about it at their picnics. Not just some, but most. They really don't care, they have the authority and they think that gives them a blank check to use it. I have even been covered by the police myself, "Just taking care of our own" they said. I didnt mind at the time, kept my butt out of court for brutality charges and the bad guy deserved it, but it was still not right. Things happen every day in the LE world that would make your head spin.

If you are a prick to them and call them "PIGS" and stuff, guess what they are going to find one of those reason.

And this is OK with you? They work for you. They are your servants. You are the one who gives them their authority. They should treat every citizen like their boss. I know that if an employee of mine "found a reason" to harass me I would fire him faster then he could say un-employment.

Ever thought about how we are conditioned as a society to say “thank you” to a cop after he writes us a ticket? What’s up with that? A man with a gun just made you stop your car, took time out of your busy day and committed armed robbery against with his ticket and you say “thank you officer, have a nice day officer.” Please don’t beat me officer, please don’t tow my car, its raining and my child is in the back crying because a big man with a big hat and a big gun is talking mean to daddy. Please don’t pull me out of the vehicle because I have a gun on the floorboard and beat in front of my child, officer. It’s registered and legal, don’t you know the law, officer. No, please don’t take my child away; let me call my wife to get her, officer.

Yeah right, thanks officer.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
the bad thing about the city is we dont know what precinct these cops are coming from especially the dt's(undercover,narcs,etc...).i have found out that they are a special task force and they answer to no one and they dont have a precinct.so who do i complain to?.i also found out that they get $50 dollars a head for who they arrest as a commission.so this is the main reason for the non stop harassment on innocent pedestrians.they are hoping they will get lucky and find something on them.i've seen this with my own 2 eyes as i was cuffed sitting in the minivan.another thing is why arrest someone for having a lil bag of weed?.tax payers are wasting tons of money by putting that person thru the system.one more thing is how come drug offenders get more time than murderers and rapists?.this does not seem sensible to me at all.the law system needs to be drastically changed.one time i seen this old guy from brooklyn in summons court in queens for jay walking.i mean come on this sh*t needs to stop.something we should look at is who these cops are on a psychological level.most of them are jocks probably mad cuz they arent playing pro sports and a majority of them are people that were picked on most of their lives.this is their way of exacting some type of revenge.this is quite dangerous if you ask me.how many more people must suffer before something is done?.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Cavscout, as a former officer what do you think of my prior post? Have you ever seen any evidence that working through the system is effective in stopping some of the hazing and other crap from LE?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Cavscout, as a former officer what do you think of my prior post? Have you ever seen any evidence that working through the system is effective in stopping some of the hazing and other crap from LE?

twitchy, I am not a former police officer. I have worked for police departments as a firearms instructor and tactical advisor. I have also worked for Housing Authority in a large city and this is where I was "covered" by the cops. A bad guy could have gotten me in a lot of trouble, but they made sure he would not be considered mentally stable at the time (something about swallowing a crack rock hidden in his mouth, pure BS but it worked) and therefore could not testify on his own behalf.

Honestly, I think the system is too corrupt to get better, partially because it is doing exactly what they want it to do, keep you in line, make you not resist authority. We are conditioned from day one of kindergarten not to resist authority, that the government official doing an injustice to us deserves our thanks and a pat on the back for it. It would take pages to lay out my whole theory on it, and it would have to get way off subject. Maybe I will write a book one of these days. Opps, better not say that, they will come confiscate my hard drive and seal the warrant so I can’t get it back. Opps, did it again, just sealed my fate.

Look, they can’t be trusted. In Alaska, school teachers even tell girls not to open the door or roll down the window for highway patrol because there is a good chance you will get raped. They are dirty, corrupt scum. Every one of them. Each one has taken an oath of office in which they have promised to uphold and defend the constitution, and for each un-constitutional law they enforce, they break a law themselves. Pigs is right.

No, I don’t think the system can be fixed; it is working just how they intend it to.

IBM

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by twitchy

twitchy, I am not a former police officer. I have worked for police departments as a firearms instructor and tactical advisor. I have also worked for Housing Authority in a large city and this is where I was "covered" by the cops.
EDITED DUE TO LONG QUOTE

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yeah, IBM, what dirt work would that be, exactly?

They take away a Law-abbiding mans abilty to protect himself, create the very laws that create crime, and then form a monopoly on protecting us against those criminals they created. This is the system you defend?

It’s the perfect crime; they enforce and help create the laws and criminals that keep them in business.

You tell me what dirty work they do for me, please. I would so like to know.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
They are dirty, corrupt scum. Every one of them. Each one has taken an oath of office in which they have promised to uphold and defend the constitution, and for each un-constitutional law they enforce, they break a law themselves. Pigs is right.

No, I don’t think the system can be fixed; it is working just how they intend it to.

I come from 3 generations of cops and I can tell you didnt work with any cops with a post like that. Like I said before are some cops just jerks yes. But some programers are jerks so are some teachers so are some doctors.

saying "They are dirty, corrupt scum. Every one of them" is just BS. There are many fine men and women putting their lives on the line everyday to protect people like you.

People that say stuff like that are the first to call 9-11 when they are in trouble.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join