It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Anti-PC war has got to stop

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: neo96

Right or left has nothing to do with deliberately being insulting to people.

Hey, now, I don't DELIBERATELY insult anyone. I just don't care.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

grammar NAZI

Two words that perfectly describe Political Correctness.
edit on 18-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You will note that at no time did I say anything derogatory about you, at no time did I use any terminology to describe you that would fall outside of the politically correct boundary, and furthermore, that my comment illuminated an example of what this thread is talking about.

On topic, politically correct, and factually accurate.

By all means report me. If I deserve my post removing, then it shall be so.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Don't come to Texas. We got plenty of those "assholes" it's pretty close to the norm. Maybe that's why I keep to myself, but think I'm probably a different raunch of asshole. I don't care to entertain the assholes or the PC crowd, I just see bizarre behavior, shoulder shrug, and move on.
edit on 18-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: Asshole is not flavorful it's raunchy

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So basically what I'm hearing is...

"I should be able, and want to say whatever I want about anyone or anything with total impunity. No one should ever become upset about my words, and if they do, they are infringing upon my right to speak my mind!"

About sums it up?

Sorry, but the world doesn't work like that. If the general consensus is that something is racist or hateful -- don't act surprised, shocked and hurt when you are told so.
edit on 18-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Sargeras
a reply to: christophoros

Lol, so other assholes hurt your feelings, so the rest of us need to not have our first amendment rights?

I cannot recall a single part of the OP's post where he said he wanted to take away your right to free speech and I read that whole thing. Though in reality you are proving the OP's point here by getting all defensive first without thinking and talking about encroaching rights. It's a wonder that asking people to just be nice and respectful to each other gets met with such backlash and hostility.

You need to watch this.

originally posted by: Annee

Being rude, offensive, disgusting, bigoted, etc -- is another - - and using Free Speech in that context is just an excuse.

You do realize those are all subjective labels that can be turned around and used to silence you, right?
edit on 18-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: christophoros

Not trying to be crude or rude

But really get over it. Its called life man.

People are dead and dying, going hungry getting raped and sold into slavery.

I cant entertain hurt feelings. This is why you guys make it worse on yourselves.

Being over emotional is not better. Its well known and produces social stagnation. Its an error in judgement.

They were a little emotional as well no? Hateful?

When you dont control your emotions they control you and force you to try to vindicate them.

Dont worry. Life after 30 will show you or break you.

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Why ?

I'm not PC or a grammar nazi.

Just pointing out 'members' are not the topic. Nor are they ever.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Being rude, offensive, disgusting, bigoted, etc -- is another - - and using Free Speech in that context is just an excuse.

You do realize those are all subjective labels that can be turned around and used to silence you, right?

No.

I consider them very self explanatory.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I agree.

You are not the topic, but your conduct is almost a case study in the subject matter itself, which is why I bought it up.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

No.

I consider them very self explanatory.

It's stunning to me that you can't see how arrogant and narrow minded you're being. Of course nothing you ever say or do could ever be considered "offensive" or "bigoted"?!

Sheesh! I'm glad your view seems to be in the minority. We can stave off Orwell's nightmare as long as you folks are kept at bay.
edit on 18-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Need I remind people that we have choices on how to conduct ourselves at any given moment? Whether others agree to it or not, the Proverbial "They" will always disagree with "our/your" opinion, whatever that may be. They have a right to express themselves but never should it restrict those in opposition to reply in kind.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Call me whatever name you want. I'm an adult. I can take it.

I understand, as some here don't, that it's FREE SPEECH.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Lol, so other assholes hurt your feelings, so the rest of us need to not have our first amendment rights?

Nothing to do with the First Amendment at all. Not even a little bit. The First Amendment protects your speech from the government. It does not protect you from being called an asshole or a bigot.

Sry snowflake, but nobody cares about your pathetic little feelings getting hurt. Get over it, people do it every day.

Everyone is a badass when they're talking smack online. Let someone refer to Trump supporters as largely ignorant trailer trash degenerates and watch how all the "you're a snowflake blah blah blah" morons get butthurt.

It's called civility and decorum.

Yeah, there are instances where sanctimonious jackasses try to prove how much more enlightened they are then everyone else but this isn't one of them.

If somebody talked to you like this:

He proceeded to call me a f#ggot hippie college kid and vividly describing very disgusting things. I tried to stay calm and informed him if he could please refrain from such language. I also told him what he was saying was offensive to my faith. You wanna know what he said? "What are you a Muslim?"" I don't care I'm tired of you politically correct people telling me what to do, I can say what I want as long as free speech is a right in this country". I was shocked it was like something taken straight from this very forum.

You'd just brush it off? Sure you would, snowflake.
edit on 2016-3-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I remember taking a moving truck from east coast to west coast, stopping at one of the border states around Arizona, and being asked by the border agent if I had any "wetbacks" in the truck. I wonder if his wittle feelings would have been hurt or if he would have respected my non-PC response if I said, "no, I don't, you backwoods redneck racist".

Makes me wonder where this PC line is drawn... and why do inbred hicks get offended when they're accurately labeled racists?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

In the old days, Snowflake, you gave it right back.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Didn't you just post a thread about how offended you were by some college kid's words in a debate? You weren't even offended by something somebody said to you in person, you were offended by watching a video of somebody talking to somebody else at some point, some place and in some context you weren't even wholly aware of.

I believe you were complaining about "anti-white racism" were you not?

Shucks. Seems like you're being a hypocrite there snowflake.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

So basically what I'm hearing is...

"I should be able, and want to say whatever I want about anyone or anything with total impunity. No one should ever become upset about my words, and if they do, they are infringing upon my right to speak my mind!"

About sums it up?

Sorry, but the world doesn't work like that. If the general consensus is that something is racist or hateful -- don't act surprised, shocked and hurt when you are told so.

I already said what I am saying, but I didn't say what you think I said and I have no intention of saying what you wanted to hear so I won't say what I am thinking now because it might hurt your feelings.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

I understand, as some here don't, that it's FREE SPEECH

Free speech DOESN'T PROTECT YOU FROM ANYTHING BUT THE STATE!
Show me in the first where it says that you can say what ever you want and another person can't call you an asshole for saying it?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join