It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Anti-PC war has got to stop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Yes yes exactly I don't want people to lose their right to free speech. I just wish people weren't asshole towards me for no particularly reason and when I take offense to it I'm labeled as being politically correct. It's not that I'm just Christian and would rather not have vulgar insults thrown at me.

Nobody wants to be insulted, but the fact is, everyone is different, and things I think are acceptable, others find to be outrageously offensive.

It can't be bothered ways.

Either Muslim's have a right to say faggots must die, or Gays can't be openly gay, or they can't be openly Muslim.

It can't be bothered at the same time.

Both have a right to say what they want, and think what they want.

There are many more instances that can be mentioned, but no matter how it is said, either everyone gets to be free or nobody gets to be free.

Besides, it is 100% legal to be an asshole.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
Lol, then what is the PC movement about if not restricting speech, and thereby thought?

Do you really care or are you just interested in spouting out your memorized strawmans about how PC is supposed to work?

Because that is what it is all about, and i'm not down for it!

Yeah. Didn't think so.

It is much more important that everyone gets to say what they think, and think what they want.

There is no other way around it.

Speech control is thought control = PC

Says the guy yelling down people asking others to try to be polite to each other.

PS: I also have the free speech to call you a racist, asshole, or both.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That's another issue --

It's also moronic to justify your own racism by pointing out racism in others. What someone else does has nothing to do with you, your words, and the consequences of how you use your words.

If you want to be racist -- be racist, just be prepared for a lot of people to not tolerate it.

If you want to get away with being as racist as you want, there are a lot of racist organizations you can join and surround yourself with racist people.

Complaining about other people complaining is on YOU. You choose to say things people are going to upset people in the first place. That's on YOU. You can either suck it up like an adult and ignore it, not say it in the first place, or better choose your audience.

It's like a kid that wants to be have badly, then gets all pissed off at his Mother when he gets grounded. How DARE his Mom ground him for misbehaving! He's free to do what he wants! Well, yeah -- but actions and words have consequences, dude.

I think it's because when someone gets called out on being racist or whatever, the anger that was behind the racism has to go somewhere....so it ends up being misdirected at the people calling them out. Just a theory I have. The hate has to go somewhere.
edit on 18-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I like SaturnFX summation:
"Normal person: a black person
overly PC: you mean a african american person of color
bigot: naa, its a n-word "

But I'd add as well that as a "normal" person, what I also see here is just blatantly, intentional, lack of any and all manners! Its become "o.k." in some people's minds to just be overtly rude. It's kind of like they feel the need to pee all over Civilized behavior. It reminds me of the time a guy in line at the grocery store got all upset and blurted out at the clerk a string of expletives including several F-Bombs and a grey haired older woman swated him with her cane and loudly reminded him that there were "Ladies and Children" in line behind him for which his language was entirely inappropriate.

What's up with these people these days? Its like the gutter trash have taken over. Is that really where we want to go as a society........where the lowest common denominator sets the bar for public decorum and decency?

And in my mind, that's a conversation that really needs be had!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: Annee

So you want to stop free speech? You want to restrict what someone says because of how YOU react to those sound vibrations?

I do. I am so sick of the Free Speech crap.

Expressing yourself and your opinions is one thing.

Being rude, offensive, disgusting, bigoted, etc -- is another - - and using Free Speech in that context is just an excuse.

Wow, so where do you draw the line? I guess this could be a troll reply but I didn't see the /sarc tag.

How about the old fashion: "Do unto others . . . "

No, it was not sarcasm. I do not support the excuse of Free Speech to be hateful, rude, condemning, bigoted, etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Exactly! I'm not trying to demand that your right to say whatever the hell you want to say be taken away or curbed. I'm just ASKING (read: not commanding) to respect that right and try to understand that other people may not like everything coming out of your mouth. Yes, it's impossible to make sure you NEVER offend everyone, but there is nothing wrong with at least putting in an effort, and if for some reason you still end up offending someone, well that's why we have this nice expression, "I'm sorry." Be sincere and I'm sure the person will let bygones be bygones. That is unless they are just a stark raving lunatic, in that case, just ignore them and move on.

What is so terrible about being nice to each other?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's the problem.

To racist people, they don't see those "others" as on the same level as them, that's one way they justify their hate.

Oh, they'll "do unto others..." of the same nationality, skin color, and religion -- but others? Nope, they're not the "same" and its that "sameness" that makes them worthy and equal of being treated as they want to be treated.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Fight the good fight. Be the person you want to be

Sad and ridiculous that people need to be forced to be nice to each other and accepting of each other.

My god, could you imagine a world where you are forced, legally (and at the threat of death, since that what "legally" implies) to be nice to others, and accept others.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

That's the problem.

To racist people, they don't see those "others" as on the same level as them, that's one way they justify their hate.

Oh, they'll "do unto others..." of the same nationality, skin color, and religion -- but others? Nope, they're not the "same" and its that "sameness" that makes them worthy and equal of being treated as they want to be treated.

I know, so sad.

I absolutely support the intent of Free Speech.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Fight the good fight. Be the person you want to be

Sad and ridiculous that people need to be forced to be nice to each other and accepting of each other.

My god, could you imagine a world where you are forced, legally (and at the threat of death, since that what "legally" implies) to be nice to others, and accept others.

I support laws that require equal treatment.

Death? Really? Speaking of extreme.

edit on 18-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
The worst one I would meet and the one that sent me over the edge. I work as a gas attendant for my local Wawa. In New Jersey it is illegal for you to pump your own gas so I do it.

The divide is just so great. Greater than any other generation I believe. I think it's because of the technological revolution we are going through.

1'st you need to step out of New Jersey, your living in a prison state... You cant pump your own gas WTF?

2nd The technological revolution your experiencing is to dumb and numb you down... modern technology is not making you smart, it's doing all the work for you, it's controlling you. It's a sad technological addiction your experiencing, it will be another decade before you notice how true this is.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

So you want to stop free speech? You want to restrict what someone says because of how YOU react to those sound vibrations?

Being rude, offensive, disgusting, bigoted, etc -- is another - - and using Free Speech in that context is just an excuse.

Wow, so where do you draw the line? I guess this could be a troll reply but I didn't see the /sarc tag.

No, it was not sarcasm. I do not support the excuse of Free Speech to be hateful, rude, condemning, bigoted, etc.

So who gets to decide what is hateful, rude, condemning speech? You? Trump? Hitler? Maybe you are religious and when you say 'god bless you' I take that as an insult, I should be able to stop you from saying it? I bet in about 6 months, no one would be allowed to say anything. Oh well, people don't really communicate anymore or will this extend to the written word? Ahhh, goodby texting, print, images and all other forms of communication.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So who gets to decide what is hateful, rude, condemning speech? You? Trump?

More extremism.

I'm atheist.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
2nd The technological revolution your experiencing is to dumb and numb you down... modern technology is not making you smart, it's doing all the work for you, it's controlling you. It's a sad technological addiction your experiencing, it will be another decade before you notice how true this is.

This is kind of an interesting catch-22 you've got here. You claim technology is making us dumber, but at the same time technology is required and needed so humans can learn new things.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So correct me if I am wrong here.

But there is two kinds of 'hispanic'.

The White kind that came from Europe speaking their 'white' language.

The other kind are those indigenous peoples of latin, and South America that have interbred for centuries with 'White' invaders. Taking their 'White' language.

When one thinks 'hispanic' in the 21st century they automatically think 'Spanish'. That comes from Spain. From way over there in Europe.

PC at it's core is RACIST. Because it creates some asinine 'penalty' stopping people from saying what they honestly think.

It ranks right up there with nazi book burning. Getting rid of ideas, and speech a group of people 'hate'.

This mind you from the same people that created the hypenated American moniker because apparently just being called an 'American' was offensive.

The bottom line here is people.

Say what you think, When ever you want, and if someone else's feelings get hurt by it ?

That isn't on you. That is on the 'offended'.

At any rate PC is a FASCIST as it gets. What ever happened to sticks and stones my break may bones, but words will never harm me.

I guess that isn't taught in schools anymore.
edit on 18-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

You will find that some people will rebel any time they are TOLD what to do, regardless of the value of what is being said (I am this way). If you want the war to end then the solution is simple. The PC crowd needs to stop attacking.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Congratulations. You have just argued the case against the OP. You get it now.

Expressing yourself and your opinions is one thing. Being rude, offensive, disgusting, bigoted, etc -- is another - - and using Free Speech in that context is just an excuse.

What ever happened to WALK AWAY ? Nothing holds a person to a conversation with anyone that fits the above . Nothing.Just ignore that behavior. Any form of protest , discussion only furthers their low-brow views. They hit a person with insults and it worked precisely as they wanted. Now that person has been glorified in their own mind .

And just like children tattling to our parents we turn to the government . This person huwt my wittle feewings.Make them stop .Government cannot legislate stupidity without placing us all in jeopardy.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

So who gets to decide what is hateful, rude, condemning speech? You? Trump?

More extremism.

I'm atheist.

Or you could actually answer the question. But that would require a coherent thought process. Oh, did I just offend you? Sorry, I should be prohibited from expressing those words in that particular sequence.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Whatever happened to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? That's what my mom taught me back in the 60's.

link   
Poor baby.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join