It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Anti-PC war has got to stop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

After six years on here.

I have come to the conclusion that simply questioning 'progressives' is offensive to them.

How dare I, and others do such a thing.

We're all suppose to roll over, and play dead, and let the PC crowd steam roll over everyone.

Only their 'ideals' are allowed in the current united states of dysphoria.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Annee

It is not extreme. Not at all. Because that is the end result of failure to comply with something that is codified as law.

OK, gonna just let you express your opinion

Because you and I have mostly agreed over the years.

Not going to argue with you on this one.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Once again you are utilizing a reflection technique to distract the issue away from it's root -- which is why anti-PC people are so upset when they are called out for their words.

You are trying to play the victim here, and I'm not going to fall for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

yes we have.

And im totally down with agreeing to disagree.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

ou are trying to play the victim here, and I'm not going to fall for it

Nope. The PC crowd does that, and has been doing it for a very long time.

Rinse, and repeat.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm not telling you what you CAN OR CAN'T say.

Say whatever the hell you want. If it offends me and I tell you, it's not my fault you get offended back. You chose to make little mouth noises, I told you were offensive. You can choose to ignore that or play the victim.

Ahhh, circular logic at its best. If we didn't encroach on free speech in the first place then your whole argument just disappeared. I am glad you are starting to understand.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Say whatever the hell you want. If it offends me and I tell you, it's not my fault you get offended back. You chose to make little mouth noises, I told you were offensive. You can choose to ignore that or play the victim.

Ahhh, circular logic at its best. If we didn't encroach on free speech in the first place then your whole argument just disappeared. I am glad you are starting to understand.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Whatever happened to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? That's what my mom taught me back in the 60's.

Well then there should be nothing but silence from so called 'liberals'.

Especially Trump critics.

And there should be nothing but silence from Trump as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And there should be nothing but silence from Trump as well.

Like I said only some people have the RIGHT to be heard.

Only when their opinions agree with the left.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Right or left has nothing to do with deliberately being insulting to people.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

I haven't once seen anyone take away the freedom of speech of one of these up-in-arms, overly-sensitive, "anti-PC" weirdos (they're the ones who like to refer to people as "snowflake" and "special snowflake" - I'm guessing one of their AM radio Gods has led them to universally overuse that specific term.)

Being ridiculed, whether by a single person, or overwhelmingly by society in general, for using racist, sexist or homophobic insults or behavior doesn't mean the "PC Brigade" is out to get you.

If you use a racist name or make a racist implication and are called a "racist", or shunned by others isn't the "PC Brigade trampling your 1st Amendment rights." That's them also exercising theirs. The fact that these people are going so intensely full-sissy because someone calls them "racist" or "sexist" or "homophobic" is hilariously hypocritical.

When that is pointed out, their typical reply is that the reverse is also true (in other words, they're saying it's just as bad to label someone a "racist" as it is to call someone a "f*gg*t.") To this, I say, "So what?!"

I'll reiterate - the people they call "snowflake" are not trying to quash anyone's 1st Amendment rights - they're simply using their own to express their opinion of the "Anti-PC Oversensitives" (the people who have no problem calling a Black person a N---, but cry like babies when they're called "racist.")

As far as how you handle it - it's up to you, but I say let them spew their ignorance, but treat them like the scumbags they are. Personally, I have no reason to associate with such lowlifes, and so I rarely run into them. As for the gas pumper, that's a different scenario, as you're on the job (and it's not worth being attacked trying to stop the criminal pumper), but just try to remember, people like him are facing their downfall, socially and economically. You're going to have a better life ahead than that miserable POS.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Right or left has nothing to do with deliberately being insulting to people.

And the PC crowd 'isn't' insulting ?

Look what they did to Trump with all the name calling.

There's some more irony. The PC crowd created Trump.

For ever action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You are going to have a very difficult time as a man if you get offended so easily. People are @holes and aholism doesnt discriminate with age or color.

So Dont discriminate or stereotype based on age or political party, because their are aholes everywhere and of all types.

Be nice until its time to not be nice -- Dalton

link   

You are going to have a very difficult time as a man if you get offended so easily. People are @holes and aholism doesnt discriminate with age or color.

So Dont discriminate or stereotype based on age or political party, because their are aholes everywhere and of all types.

Be nice until its time to not be nice -- Dalton

link   

Ha, calling someone out on being deliberately insulting, isn't being deliberately insulting.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Ha, calling someone out on being deliberately insulting, isn't being deliberately insulting.

LOL.

Hilarious.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And this is not the first time you have pointed out as much, is it? This is not even the first time you have pointed out as much to the specific member you are responding to, I would wager.

And yet, I wonder how continued ignorance can be justified, when those who have been made aware of what their conduct means continue to indulge in it? It certainly is not good form, that much is certain.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well that isn't very pc or even within TC.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

There's one thing I have learned as I have aged, and that's that you only know the value of experience once you actually have it.

Revisit this thread in 20 yrs - if this site is still around - and see how you feel as an older self.

I'll flag this and keep on checking in to see how you have adapted.

edit on 18-3-2016 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If you insist on being a glorified grammar NAZI that is fine. Since YOU are choosing to engage then this 'war' will continue. I get offended by morons and idiots every day and I still am not rude enough to comment on their stupidity in my daily life. If you need to 'get it off your chest' I suggest a therapist because YOU are the one with the issue. YOU are the sick person that can't keep his mouth shut.

Regardless, life is to short to hang around, rude, uptight people like you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join