It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Anti-PC war has got to stop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Sargeras

Lol, so other assholes hurt your feelings, so the rest of us need to not have our first amendment rights?

Nothing to do with the First Amendment at all. Not even a little bit. The First Amendment protects your speech from the government. It does not protect you from being called an asshole or a bigot.

Absolutely. It's just that you SJW extend these labels to anyone and anything you don't agree with. These words have come to have the power to silence people from speaking out of fear of things like losing their jobs. Men who have criticized feminists online have lost their jobs over it.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Sargeras
a reply to: christophoros

Lol, so other assholes hurt your feelings, so the rest of us need to not have our first amendment rights?

I cannot recall a single part of the OP's post where he said he wanted to take away your right to free speech and I read that whole thing. Though in reality you are proving the OP's point here by getting all defensive first without thinking and talking about encroaching rights. It's a wonder that asking people to just be nice and respectful to each other gets met with such backlash and hostility.

It's as plain as the nose on your face..well spoken.

Although I'm a baby boomer, no one I know the same age as me behaves like the guy in the petrol station, totally losing the bap when it was explained to him why he couldn't get his own petrol, while proclaiming the right to free speech as an excuse for his ignorant manner...no doubt he enshrines the seond amendment as well, but seriously, would anyone feel safe around a guy like that, gun or no gun. If it was up to me, I wouldn't allow him a water pistol.
It begs the question, how many more are like that?
It didn't take but a few minutes for something similar to pop up here either, but going by the numbers of stars for that post ......Yuk!.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TheBulk

Being rude, offensive, disgusting, bigoted, etc -- is another - - and using Free Speech in that context is just an excuse.

You do realize those are all subjective labels that can be turned around and used to silence you, right?

No.

I consider them very self explanatory.

It's stunning to me that you can't see how arrogant and narrow minded you're being. Of course nothing you ever say or do could ever be considered "offensive" or "bigoted"?!

Sheesh! I'm glad your view seems to be in the minority. We can stave off Orwell's nightmare as long as you folks are kept at bay.

Rude, Obnoxious, Racist, Bigot, etc etc etc - - - do not take sides. Self explanatory.

When did I say I was exempt?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

And you can still do it today.
Just make sure you don't offend that person by saying anything 'anti american'.
We all know you can't talk bad about anything america since it is the shining city on the mountain!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
All I'm saying is there is a RATIONAL and REASONABLE way to discuss sensitive subjects without being a prick. I believe in limiting immigration but I'm not generaloze whole groups of people. What happened to intellectual discourse? Extremist elements have taken over society because of mass media and info. Everyone is discontent with the gov. I for one blame the Internet and how it puts people into virtual bubbles.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

So you want to stop free speech? You want to restrict what someone says because of how YOU react to those sound vibrations?

I do. I am so sick of the Free Speech crap.

Expressing yourself and your opinions is one thing.

Being rude, offensive, disgusting, bigoted, etc -- is another - - and using Free Speech in that context is just an excuse.

Wow, so where do you draw the line? I guess this could be a troll reply but I didn't see the /sarc tag.

How about the old fashion: "Do unto others . . . "

No, it was not sarcasm. I do not support the excuse of Free Speech to be hateful, rude, condemning, bigoted, etc.

So who gets to decide what is hateful, rude, condemning speech? You? Trump?

More extremism.

I'm atheist.

No it's a valid question. Answer please?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Men who have criticized feminists online have lost their jobs over it.

Who?
newmatilda.com...
Was it this guy who was also posting racist things on his facebook?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

People said some things to you. That's the extent of their crimes. I don't blame you, however. You have been taught words are weapons, words hurt, and that when they are spoken in your general direction, that they will inevitably harm you. All of that is false, and you may have to relearn some things here: that words are not weapons, words do not hurt, and that they will never harm you.

By advocating political correctness, you are making racism, bigotry and other indecencies more powerful than they actually are, and this is a form of superstition.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
All I'm saying is there is a RATIONAL and REASONABLE way to discuss sensitive subjects without being a prick. I believe in limiting immigration but I'm not generaloze whole groups of people. What happened to intellectual discourse? Extremist elements have taken over society because of mass media and info. Everyone is discontent with the gov. I for one blame the Internet and how it puts people into virtual bubbles.
There is but its anyones right to choose that route.

I often disagree with MysticMushroom but I agree with him when he says, you have a right to talk racist or offensive talk but I have a right to call you out on it.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is a fundamental human right. By letting others express themselves, no matter how immoral or distasteful you find it, you are advocating for the rights of human beings. If you punch him, or otherwise breach the harm principle, you are suppressing basic human rights of human beings.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
PC has become a culture /cult.

It has a valid response in the counter culture it formed.

We have all expeienced its effect first hand.

It is an agent of castration and absurdity.

The argument becomes a trench and it makes sides for all.

Feminism is a product of PC culture. Femenism is vile and hateful. Ignorant and backwards.

All these BS invented ideas like white guilt white priv and all that are race instigators and backwards. Ignorant and vile. Hateful.

The injustice in our courts echos PC culture looking to outdo the last agitator and prick.

Honestly, PC culture will destroy itself like femenism is. Why? It is based ALWAYS in emotional dribble far removed from solutions and logic and well founded in ego and personal fame.

Israeli appologists have protected mass genocide behind the PC shield.

Racists have reveled in PC culture and its protections.

Authoritarian policies have been passed under the umbrela of PC culture.

Even the polarization of the christian base in the US is their fault as much as the other sides. It is a response to the trenches.

PC culture has divided our nation and made an ethological quagmire by its extremism gone unchecked.

There was no effort for it to be balanced and so it missed the train.

End PC culture

You guys made the war. We are just fighting back

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Lol, then what is the PC movement about if not restricting speech, and thereby thought?

Do you really care or are you just interested in spouting out your memorized strawmans about how PC is supposed to work?

Because that is what it is all about, and i'm not down for it!

Yeah. Didn't think so.

It is much more important that everyone gets to say what they think, and think what they want.

There is no other way around it.

Speech control is thought control = PC

Says the guy yelling down people asking others to try to be polite to each other.

PS: I also have the free speech to call you a racist, asshole, or both.

Yup!!

Now that you understand , what is the misunderstanding?

No misunderstanding. I understand you being hypocritical and your deflection tactics pretty well.

What hypocrisy, or deflection?

I speak very plainly, no hidden meanings or any of that other BS.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Metallicus

I already said what I am saying, but I didn't say what you think I said and I have no intention of saying what you wanted to hear so I won't say what I am thinking now because it might hurt your feelings.

lol i love how insane that reply is....thank you for adding a smile on my face.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I hate the label pc. Seriously, I realize common sense has blown the whole idealism up! No, I don't believe one should always say impulsively what is on their mind. TrueBrit is correct, class is in being able to make a valid point of view without insult. Unfortunately, nowadays, many take insult from any valid correction. That is where PC has created division. Another poster pointed out a very intelligent point here too...lack of extended family. They are correct. We have to stop attacking the symptoms and recognize the actual cause of distress to ensure a cure!

I must admit I am surprised that so many ATS'ers are getting drawn in by symptoms and are not out to break the conspiracy! That is what it really is. So many of you are extremely intelligent and realize that the extremist examples are just hyperbole. What are the REAL roots of the problem?

OP, honestly, BLM and technology is only a symptom. Seek out the virus......

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Absolutely. It's just that you SJW extend these labels to anyone and anything you don't agree with. These words have come to have the power to silence people from speaking out of fear of things like losing their jobs. Men who have criticized feminists online have lost their jobs over it.

What bearing does that have on anything described by the OP? None. I don't care about political correctness at all — including yours — and I will sure as hell call a bigot a bigot. Why wouldn't I? Some opinions are in fact *gasp* bigoted. You accused that debater of "anti-white bigotry" — were you trying to "silence" him when you referred to him as a bigot?

"It's just that you SJW extend these labels"

You mean like how you just called me a "SJW" for not agreeing with you? Does your hypocrisy know no bounds at all?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Wow I cant believe I read 5 pages. I have however come to a conclusion that both sides are right in a way. There is a happy medium somewhere in there. But hey that's just me. Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I understand, as some here don't, that it's FREE SPEECH

Free speech DOESN'T PROTECT YOU FROM ANYTHING BUT THE STATE!
Show me in the first where it says that you can say what ever you want and another person can't call you an asshole for saying it?

I'd prefer it if you called me a retard.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Was the term PC invented by the anti-PC crowd? It's just such a dumb term.

It's just respect. I'm not sure too many people are pro-PC. It's just respect toward others. If a friend or family member says, please don't say that, it offends, most people will say, sh*t, I'm sorry, what should I say? And they learn.

Only assholes say, "f*ck you, I'll call you that if I please. Goddamn free speech doinka doinka."

It's really a respect vs asshole thing isn't it?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: neo96

Right or left has nothing to do with deliberately being insulting to people.

No matter what one says, someone will take offense.

The only way to speak and offend Boone is to not speak at all!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I understand, as some here don't, that it's FREE SPEECH

Free speech DOESN'T PROTECT YOU FROM ANYTHING BUT THE STATE!
Show me in the first where it says that you can say what ever you want and another person can't call you an asshole for saying it?

I'd prefer it if you called me a retard.

Lol. Probably not on topic completely, I know, but I had a laugh. You brought back a childhood memory for me. I called my brother retard all the time, but would beat up anyone else who called him that! The difference in my mind as a child was I said it from a kooky sister love and others were just being insulting! One of those aha moments...aye?

Edit add: as a afterthought...how many of you anti PC crowd are going to go into work and tell your boss what you really think of him? Seriously, the problem is not that you can't say what you want when you want but on consequences of saying anything. Once again....follow the real trail....

edit on 3 18 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join