It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secular Talk: Trump Goes full Fascist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Gryphon66

while President Obama's popularity is on the rise .

Yeah I guess if you are at -21 and go up to -20 , that technically is a rise ....for some....pun intended....

Don't let facts trouble you, but it was more like from 43% to 50%.

It seems, when folks see just how horrible things could be (Trump) what they have now (Obama) doesn't seem quite as bad.

Depends on the poll and how it is derived. The more the Liberals show how hate-filled and destructive they are , the more Dems will turn Repub.
And for your information , since 2014 , Obama has held the dubious title of the single worst US President in the Modern Age . A least Carter has a reason to celebrate now.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Sure polls depend on the nature of the poll. Seems obvious.

The destructiveness and hate of any liberals you care to mention is far outweighed by any collection of reactionary nutjobs.

As far as "Dems turning Repub" it seems that even the Repubs are in serious meltdown and decline; you may want to update rhetoric here.

Who gave Obama that title, you? LOL. Currently, 50% of the American people disagree with you.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

We live in a country where there is almost NOTHING you can do without having to ask the govt permission or filling out some kind of form, and people are worried about fascism? I hate to break this to you but we have been living under fascism ever since our currency became underwritten by and subject to a banking cartel.
edit on 13-3-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

We live in a country where there is almost NOTHING you can do without having to ask the govt permission or filling out some kind of form, and people are worried about fascism? I hate to break this to you but we have been living under fascism ever since our currency became a banking cartel.

Define fascism as you are using it here. Because unless it basically equates to authoritarianism in general (and every government is authoritarian) the comment seems absurd.

Fascism doesn't equal bureaucracy ... which is what you seem to be describing.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A bureaucracy if fine as long as it serves the people and does not subjugate them.
edit on 13-3-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
We are finally seeing the american civil war coming to a head. The north could not compete with the slave labor of the south. It has been war ever since trying to find other ways of enslaving the masses. Trump is old enough, and a predator. He knows how to use this time in history.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It's astonishing.

Every poll that asks a wider range of Americans about Trump finds that he is massively UNPOPULAR among the public at large.

Yet, reading these threads, Trump is the populist hero of our time ...

Compare that with the fact that, here in reality, he is seen as a billionaire, bloviating, egomaniac that has obliterated what little decorum was left in American politics.

Gallup

... while President Obama's popularity is on the rise ... RCP

This "Trump has changed everything in politics" is the worst joke of the last 30 years.

Only on internet forums polluted with far right, white nationalists do you see the narrative being spun that Trump is great. To other Americans he is a threat to ourselves, our neighbors, our families, our friends.

(post by supremecommander removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I did use the word hate,,,,too strong of a word,. lets say derisive.

Now for the Obama part:
Hands down, Obama is the worst president since WWII: poll

Thats the first link , there were literally thousands.....

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

It's astonishing.

Every poll that asks a wider range of Americans about Trump finds that he is massively UNPOPULAR among the public at large.

Compare that with the fact that, here in reality, he is seen as a billionaire, bloviating, egomaniac that has obliterated what little decorum was left in American politics.

Gallup

This "Trump has changed everything in politics" is the worst joke of the last 30 years.

Only on internet forums polluted with far right, white nationalists do you see the narrative being spun that Trump is great. To other Americans he is a threat to ourselves, our neighbors, our families, our friends.

You use "white nationalist" as dirty words. I think you mistaken the word supremacist to be synonymous for nationalist. Nothing wrong to be white and take pride in your country.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

It's astonishing.

Gallup

Freedom of speech is a harsh mistress.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
And...slowly now...I do apologize to everyone for the word hate. It was not me...time for my meds now,,,(gee that was easy)

I guess Nietzsche was right :
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Propaganda sites, they will be the doom of America, specially when Americas population has been too dump out to see the warning sites of those that are manipulating public opinions strings.

Wake up America you been played by those that knows how to use you.

edit on 13-3-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I did use the word hate,,,,too strong of a word,. lets say derisive.

Now for the Obama part:
Hands down, Obama is the worst president since WWII: poll

Thats the first link , there were literally thousands.....

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Hate is not a "bad" word at least if you're talking to me.

As far as your single article from the Moonie Times from two years ago ... are you really trying to use that to back up your rather silly claim about President Obama in 2016? Wow.

So, am I understanding you correctly that polls are only reputable when they say what you want them to?

Also, I have to ask, how does this play into the matter of Donald Trump and his protested event in Chicago?

edit on 13-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: MysticPearl

Exactly!
(Hand clap)

or even a true understanding of the bloody history Islam at large has fighting wars globally for centuries across continents. It never has been nor will it ever be a peaceful religion and it has repeatedly and endlessly fought against those who have opposing beliefs.

I honestly think we have been drawn into this whole brainwashing of "Ooo you can't say this, Ooooo You can't say that" bull crap that we have truly lost the idea or knowledge of what is really going on in the world. Even MSM only shows you what "the man" wants to show you. Combined, you have a sheeple type nation who is honestly scared of saying what really should be said.

Hey, you're all thinking it whether you admit it or not. It's true.....it's ingrained. Just like Islam perhaps....ahem.

It wasn't too long ago Australia seemed to have a whites only policy - I think you should have a long hard think about that one, or maybe you yearn for its return? Do you think that racism is ingrained in Australia as a result?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Trump is actually a nationalist. I'd also argue a nationalistic attitude is exactly what this country needs right now and it's exactly what Europe should have had before letting in all the refugees which are tearing those countries apart.

What we're seeing from the left however, from Shillary and Bernie falls much closer to communism. What we're seeing by protesters at Trump rallies, the intent to shut down the 1st amendment rights of Americans to meet on private property, supported by both Shillary and Bernie are communist tactics used before throughout world history.

That the Bernie supported rioters are stomping on American flags and wearing shirts which say "F*** Amerikkka" while trumping on the 1st amendment rights of Americans shows how anti-American they are at their core.

Our forefathers would be rolling over in their graves at such anti-American sentiment being not only accepted but celebrated. That the left feels they have the right to do that while negating the rights of others to want to protect our borders and concentrate on improving the lives of Americans here, not immigrants from elsewhere is simply amazing. That the left will congregate and use tactics which will get your head chopped off in nations they also support is the height of hypocrisy. That they also constantly defend Islam and women's rights while in many Islamic countries women have next to no rights and need to remain covered just to avoid getting raped, is also the height of hypocrisy.

If these leftists tried these same tactics in Saudi Arabia, or Syria, or Iran, or even in the US backed Israel where Christianity has been under threat for decades, among a number of other nations their attitudes would change will quickly. Much of the left's attitude and bravado comes from insulation and isolation which affords that level of ignorance.

Wow, when you go OT, you go all out!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
Disclaimer:

Before I get blamed for buying into this. First of all i'm an Australian. Secondly, I don't live in the US. Now, even though I'm told to mind my own business by most Americans on here when it comes to politics, I believe this concerns us all. After all, we're talking about the leader of the world effectively. No matter which way you are looking at it.

From an outsiders point of view, I believe Trump has a point! Sure he's loud, crazy and just a tad showy but much of what he says is right.

Sure, you've got involved in a few fights you shouldn't have over the years and even came out with a bloody nose. But I really think you need a new leader who isn't afraid to tell others to F off.

Or to talk about Megyn Kelly's 'red' stuff.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Trump is actually a nationalist. I'd also argue a nationalistic attitude is exactly what this country needs right now and it's exactly what Europe should have had before letting in all the refugees which are tearing those countries apart.

What we're seeing from the left however, from Shillary and Bernie falls much closer to communism. What we're seeing by protesters at Trump rallies, the intent to shut down the 1st amendment rights of Americans to meet on private property, supported by both Shillary and Bernie are communist tactics used before throughout world history.

That the left will congregate and use tactics which will get your head chopped off in nations they also support is the height of hypocrisy. That they also constantly defend Islam and women's rights while in many Islamic countries women have next to no rights and need to remain covered just to avoid getting raped, is also the height of hypocrisy.

If these leftists tried these same tactics in Saudi Arabia, or Syria, or Iran, or even in the US backed Israel where Christianity has been under threat for decades, among a number of other nations their attitudes would change will quickly. Much of the left's attitude and bravado comes from insulation and isolation which affords that level of ignorance.

I think we have seen huge nationalist movements in the past...how did those go?

People can protest if they wish, something is often pro constitution until it irritates a conservative and then it is the opposite.

We are not in any other country, we are in this one and no one is getting their head cutoff.

I am glad you are so worldly, what would I do without you to tell me what is REALLY happening in the world while I hide in my Safe Space??????
edit on 13-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: misterhistory

Tell me what part of requiring special ID for a segment of a population is just simple nationalism?

Like the social security number created by FDR. A Democrat.

Like people having to whip out their papers every time they want to practice their second amendment right?

Then after 200 years of that never having existed. Comes along Clinton. Another Democrat. That made it a LAW that people had to get the states permission first before they could.

And people seriously whine about Trump.

And people seriously call Trump 'fascist'.

When Trump critics need to look in the mirror.

I don't whine.

I truly believe Trump is a fascist.

If I looked in the mirror I would not see a fascist, so what is your point?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Propaganda sites, they will be the doom of America, specially when Americas population has been too dump out to see the warning sites of those that are manipulating public opinions strings.

Wake up America you been played by those that knows how to use you.

And these propaganda sites are where? I can name a bunch ATS has banned from quoting. Do you mean those?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join