It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secular Talk: Trump Goes full Fascist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

As I have said many time. The silent majority of the US don't take polls and don't even vote most the time. But they are starting to wake up and take notice over the past couple of elections. Rise of the Tea Party. Rise of the support for Trump. Rise of the backlash of liberal domination over the past 20 years.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

As I have said many time. The silent majority of the US don't take polls and don't even vote most the time. But they are starting to wake up and take notice over the past couple of elections. Rise of the Tea Party. Rise of the support for Trump. Rise of the backlash of liberal domination over the past 20 years.

Sooo ... the temper of the "silent majorty" that just happens to believe as you do? Funny how that happens, isn't it?

Kinda like the "voice of God" always saying just what one wants to hear ...

You believe that the Tea Party (a splinter group that which has already collapsed) and Drumpf's minions (which will be gone by November if not earlier) reflect the "real America" ... but you have no basis for that aside from garden-variety confirmation bias.

As far as the "last 20 years"

20% 1996-2000 - Democratic President/Republican Congress
40% 2001-2008 - Republican President/Republican Congress
10% 2008-2010 - Democratic President/Democratic Congress
30% 2011-2016 - Democratic President/Republican or Split Congress

so ... no, you can't hang the last 20 years on "da librals" by any stretch of the imagination, as they were only "in control" for about 10% of your chosen interval.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Oh by the way don't forget that MOST European countries REQUIRE you to carry you ID at all times and any police can stop you just to ask to see it.

So I don't hink they would see any issues with it sense they already have it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You seem to be describing Hillary and most Liberals I know of.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

And they don't do the same thing for Hillary or Sanders?

SO if your going to call one out you need to do it for all the others also.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I suggest the leftists try harder to defame Trump and his supporters.

Because Sanders and his followers are looking like a bunch of Nazi-wannabees about now.

Sanders does have the same talking points as Hitler did in 1933 does he?

Social justice
State run Health care
Free Schools
Banning guns

Umm....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: neo96

Jumping Jesus ...

Federal Firearms Act of 1938

The SSA was passed by an overwhelming number of CONGRESSMEN and SENATORS.

Social Security Act of 1935

The truth shall set you free.

OK I'll bite.

What ARE the facts?

I haven't seen you post any yet.
Yeah G

Golf clap for branding every American in this country with a number like cattle.

Let effing 'freedom' ring

As usual, you only brush by anything resembling facts on the way to your hyperbole and demagoguery.

You and Mr. Trump have a lot in common in that regard! I'm surprised it's taken you this long to get on BOARD!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Was ther another reason to assign a number to every child born in the US?

That was a fact, which you have keep asking for. Every person was assigned a tracking number so the government could watch them.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Good one. Bet you get Crickets.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

I dare anyone to watch this.

It gives the real truth about Trump vs media.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Jumping Jesus ...

Federal Firearms Act of 1938

The SSA was passed by an overwhelming number of CONGRESSMEN and SENATORS.

Social Security Act of 1935

The truth shall set you free.

OK I'll bite.

What ARE the facts?

I haven't seen you post any yet.
Yeah G

Golf clap for branding every American in this country with a number like cattle.

Let effing 'freedom' ring

As usual, you only brush by anything resembling facts on the way to your hyperbole and demagoguery.

You and Mr. Trump have a lot in common in that regard! I'm surprised it's taken you this long to get on BOARD!

Did you want a cracker or perhaps a fruit pellet? LOL

I see you have no response against facts.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Was ther another reason to assign a number to every child born in the US?

That was a fact, which you have keep asking for. Every person was assigned a tracking number so the government could watch them.

Yes, I know that many are troubled when they don't get to spout baseless opinions rather than reasonable evidence.

Yes, the SSN can be seen as a "tracking number" but how, in any reasonable sense, does that allow the government to watch anyone any more so than not having a SSN?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I love how all Liberals ask for references when given facts and then if given them just say they don't take them from those sources.

What he gave you where FACTS as in what the man said himself. He even gave you the time frame of each statement.

ANd those are FACTS as spoken by Trump himself. Now if you can find where he hasgone against one of these statements you can right call him a liar, but until then...

Of choose from the side of "Hope and Change", "You can keep your Doctor" an "You have to pass it to see whats in it". I can see your reluctance to take someone on their word.

But quoting someone on what they say is most defiantly a FACT. And as I said it is a FACT that they lied if they go back on the statement without a very good explanation on the reason why. (Yes people can be wrong and wish to change their views, but they also need to explain why they do it. And yes just saying "I was wrong." and give an epology is fine.)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

Generalities about people you want to classify as "liberals" are just that ...

You haven't given any FACTS, you have given baseless opinions.

You can wave your hands in all the mummery you wish ... a statement is not a FACT just because someone said it. How absurd! I haven't cited Mr. Trump's lies, I stated, clearly, that YOU have zero factual basis for YOUR claims, re: the so-called "silent majority."

Your post is garden-variety partisan. You repeat the empty rhetoric provided by your media outlets.

I demonstrated, clearly, that you were WRONG about your comment that the last 20 years have been dominated by liberals in politics, in fact, the Right-wing Republicans have held power longer in that time period than any other faction. I pointed out that you have no factual basis for your assertion that the majority of Americans favor either the Tea Party or Trump.

Address that.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I doen't.

But he is right it is a tracking number

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I doen't.

But he is right it is a tracking number

I'm addressing your posts.

Care to respond?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

A statement is not a fact?

A Fact is by definition something that truly exists or happened. A statement, especially on that was recorded, meets this definition exactly. His statement are indeed facts. Now weather or not you believe his statement is a completely different issue. Also if he goes against his statement is also a different issue. But until he does that i is stated position.

Lets look at the swing in social standings in the past 20 years. This is in disregard of my personnel stands on these. Some I agree with, some I don't and still other I don't really care about the issue.

Health care- swing towards liberal ideas IE national Health Care
LGTB - Swing towards liberal ideas
Gay Marriage - Swing towards Liberal
Global Warming - Swing towards Liberal view
Supreme court - Liberal lean (To be fare it has been sense ~1950's)
Death Penalty
Gun Control
Taxation - "get the rich" movement
Environmental issues
Common Core
Abortion- Again a longer term item

Each on of these issues have been an agenda item for liberals and generally opposed by conservatives. But for the most part most of these issues have come down on the liberal side.

I will give you the one about facts for backing the Tea Party and Trump. Because the the "silent" majority does not do polls or even blog for that matter. But the rise of the Tea Party and the rise of the attendance at the Trump events do show something of this. Also the rise of the militia groups could be seen as a sign of this. They are deferentially not liberals. Time will tell on this point.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I have talked about this a few times.

Only about 50% even vote. So what about the other ~50%? If they don't even vote it very unlikely then take polls. So the only way we can look at them is by speculation. I have put forth my ideas on this a couple of time and have yet ever gotten anybody to bring up an alternative view.

Liberal by the very being are normally more political active. They have a "cause" they wish to promote. Look at most of the political or "issue" type gathering out side of the normal political cycle. The majority are for liberal agendas. (AT least until the last couple of years, when gun control has risen. Hold that thought.) True there are some conservative agendas, but not many. (Also many of these tend to center around abortion issues.)

This would lead us to believe that the majority of that 50% that don't vote are more conservative in their leaning. IE no great "cause" to make them want to vote. I would submit that most of these are more Libertarian in their views. They DON'T CARE what most others do, they just want to be left alone. Much as the true Libertarians want, they just want the government out of their lives. The rise of the "liberal" state has pushed this to a breaking point. thuse the rise of the militias. The rise of the pro gun movements. The rise of the same sex marriage issues. The push back on the EPA and the BLM. All of these have gotten bigger in the past 5-10 years.

I would submit that this "silent" group is growing less silent, and it does not seem they are siding with the liberal on most issues.

Your right just a personnel theory , but it does expalin the rise of the Tea Party and the rise of Trumps support at his rallies.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

A statement is not a fact?

No, every statement is not a fact, for heaven's sake.

Statement: The Moon is made of green cheese.

That is a statement; it is not a fact.

As to the rest of it ... offer us some PROOF of your claims; if not they're your opinions.

Nothing wrong with opinions, but they are not facts.

The semantic ploy "but it is a fact that I have an opinion" is circular.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I have talked about this a few times.

Share with us your definition of liberal, et. al.

You're casting a wide net.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join