It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 331
<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

As a scientist has it ever occurred to you what a big deal the domestication of fire really was?

Start with the guy who is suicidal enough to get closer and pick up a burning stick and then a pile of wood in time to keep it burning. Was it planned?
Or an infant finding a glimmering tree destroyed by lightning, takes a glimmering stick and at home sets accidentally the furniture of the cave on fire. Daddy's pipe collection.

Which is more likely?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Reverbs

I once believed one female and one male soul make a soul atom. And like with DNA there is only one possible love match.
How cheesy right?

that's my favorite kind of cheese. It's sweet. Well until you break up haha.
I have noticed there are different levels to how much you love someone.
I went so far this last time I don't think I'll ever be the same.
it's like we are the same person now or something.

I think there are soulmates but I don't think it's one person.
For me it's as soon as I meet them we both know right away.
That's every time. No exception.

It's why I've never dated until "after the fact"

even her.. some person online no clue anything about her at all. hadn't seen any of her posts.
But saw the one post she made one night and I was like

"there is something about you." And we didn't stop talking after that.

I could have not cared any less what she looked like or how old she was.. I just knew, and nothing else mattered.
Turned out she was my age and WoWzas and gawd that voice.

Oh me..

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Serdgiam

As a scientist has it ever occurred to you what a big deal the domestication of fire really was?

Start with the guy who is suicidal enough to get closer and pick up a burning stick and then a pile of wood in time to keep it burning. Was it planned?
Or an infant finding a glimmering tree destroyed by lightning, takes a glimmering stick and at home sets accidentally the furniture of the cave on fire. Daddy's pipe collection.

Which is more likely?

I don't know how you would go about that scientifically as fire came about so long ago.
I mean it seems likely to me that natural fires were observed and people found out they were hot..
One thing led to another. But as far as MAKING a fire.. How would you figure that one out?

It is funny we have a story about that.. Prometheus.. He must have been a character.. that was a bad pun. Anyway I'm always wondering if myths are real or not.

If someone really did teach man fire it makes it easy to see how it came about. But if you want man to invent it, who knows maybe they related fire is hot and rubbing your hands together makes you warmer.. what happens if we rub sticks? The issue with that is, well have you ever tried it? It's incredibly difficult even knowing before hand it can work.

but without knowing it can work in the first place and getting it working?

I don't know.

My intuition on these matters goes way off course. LOL
sort of like human evolution cultural technological and maybe DNA were sped up so that we could be used as slaves.
Or maybe as a science experiment complete with opposing factions. "we shouldn't play god" and the other side like "but we already did and now what just kill them all?"

I always wonder how our brains doubled in size so extremely quickly compared to other animals. But maybe that happens at a certain level of evolution?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I really meant if you are going about it as if you were there. There are not as many possibilities as there would be nowadays, but still many. Not only in the imagination, but how they regularly observed it maybe. In bushfires. Volcanos. I bet there is more flash lights. And... well what can you imagine.
If you are the one who has to steal the first burning stick from the fire god for further investigation of the priests.
How would you be, how would you feel, how different would you be from you now?
And then to go there and find out you can make fire with stones!
Can they give post mortem Nobel prices to someone? It should be to this unknown genius.
I mean with stones? How did that happen?
Playing around? Is that maybe where real progress is made? If you can afford that? Where human mind blowing, evolutionary progress happens.
Yes through "tools"(loosely) but ey, look back.

And the rest I don't know. Maybe I have to think about it more first.

Oh and brain growth, cooked food and meat
For your convenience

edit on 8-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

Sorry Prometheus.

Creator of humans, fire giver, brutally punished, ...
Point is we are Prometheus beings in a Zeus universe.
Interesting. If we really don't fit here that explains a lot. Other animals just life, we look for a goal, a dream, a purpose, other abstract stuff.
That's only of course if you assume humans are different than animals.

Does that mean there is a flesh and blood god out there? No.

edit on 8-2-2017 by Peeple because: 2.add

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I can easily imagine being the guy who grabs an already burning bush.. And I can imagine keeping that fire lit for however long.
This has been included in my imagination movies for a long time, but what I've never been able to get in the movie is the guy who figures out how to make fire..

But now that I just reimagined it, might do it a few more times..

they saw sparks coming off of forest fires..

And they saw sparks when making stone tools.

but this was like a million years ago or something.. It's hard for me to really grasp.

and as far as human brain growth there are many theories. there isn't really an answer. I felt like Mckenna had an interesting take on it actually.
and of course cooking probably started by having meat to close to the fire, probably to keep other animals from getting to it

eating meat allows for more brain usage of energy, but that doesn't mean it is the cause.. leaving the gate open is not the cause of the kid drowning the cause is the water he is under.. The meat is the gate. I'm looking for the water. And on top of thta other meat eating animals have not shown an increase like that, and even more than that are we supposed to think chimps don't eat meat all the sudden?? human like things have been eating meat all along.
it was only much more recently our brains doubled in size.

the general idea is that those with bigger brains survived.. needed bigger brains for language and all the rest.. Some people think hand eye coordination to throw a spear or atlatl is the culprit..

I don't know it just seems a little odd.

I mean one of the theories from top level people is basically the story of eve.. One human that was just way smarter from some mutation..

and why it has some merit,,,

Until 200,000 years ago, there had been a gradual increase in brain size among hominins, starting three million years ago. Then, abruptly, there was a remarkable increase of about 30% or so.

I think they're fooling themselves. There was very little change in human behaviour at this time, as far as we can see from the fossil record – certainly not one that is explained by a sudden jump in the size of the human brain.

Genetic studies suggest every living human can be traced back to a single woman called "Mitochondrial Eve" who lived about 200,000 years ago

it's like that is NOT evolution.. It just doesn't go that fast.

source
edit on 8-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

The first one to reach a far shore rarely sits on the beach head and ponders the journey of countless fathoms in the spiral pool of reflection. But after the sitting one would gather wood and bivalves from the shore and hook a golden fish then have a meal... whatever roams about in the edges of the darkness unseen are felt in the sitting, does one becoming one with the land bless the trees, the bivalves or the fish wriggling on a thin red line of life and death? Those in the trees may quest the animate gold from the god that made food smell so nicely but not know the power of the one holding a rod and the staff that follow to beat slaves to come and fields fallow over time elysian to a sleep called past as the trees scream and the bi-valve clamps tight while the fish swim on reflectiong that glimmer ages past.

As evolution goes every lifeform will or has thought istelf top of the world in rule or intelligence somewhere in the vast sea of anemone... an enemy? Who is holding the short end of the stick? When life is life... attached to the names we forget our animal nature and attached to form we lose ourselves altogether.

edit to add: of course blaming no-man as responsible? for the blinding of the cyclops left women to be blamed... short sighted no sighted becomes one sighted and it lives on. hearts and minds always carry more than one lifetime, unburdened... only stories and tales to report sliding through all of time.

edit on 8-2-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp. add

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Anaana

A procession is the ritual, the purpose is to remember the last days of Jesus. With all symbolic implications.

Then no, that is not magic, that's theatre.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Other hominids had fire before AMM did. It is possible that we were taught fire starting by one of those groups. Leakey's "experiments", where he and his son stripped themselves naked and "fought" with lions, although somewhat whimsical, did effectively demonstrate that we (hominids collectively) by scavenging the kills of predators and particularly targeting bones for their marrow, would have got us the long chain fatty acids that we needed to kick start developing higher functioning brains. Going from scavenger to hunter is probably what made us human, in the sense that we are today, cooking just made it seem civilised.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Does it matter what meaning other people apply to the placement of your tattoos? Isn't that just them forcing their beliefs on you? If it doesn't and never did mean that to you, why should it have that meaning now, just because someone says it is so?

I don't wonder about death, I just try to be prepared for it's eventuality. What happens next? I can only wait and see, or not see...so I don't give it very much thought.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
Can you imagine for one second that all the sudden Peeple Anaana and Reverbs are all the same dude?
And you thought we were different because of all out backstories and everything???

In the interests of disclosure, I've had about 13 accounts, give or take, never at the same time and I don't talk to myself - not on ATS anyway, I talk to myself, or the cat, all the time, which is probably why I don't need to do that here. I am aware of numerous instances of multiple accounts being similarly utilised but for a whole load of different reasons. Your lady seems to have clearly moved in different, and obviously targeted, circles that would not have aroused my interest.

I would be a hypocrite to judge someone simply on the basis of their having more than one account, obviously I do judge them or rather I would make a value judgement, based upon their output (their "fruits") but the story so far is one sided - which isn't a request for further information, more a respect for privacy and a feeling that someone is being demonised in their absence, someone who is potentially not a very well person - and I can't help but wonder why this chaos was allowed to go on as long it has. Did they just come "crying to you" or did they also notify the staff that there was a problem?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

the staff was notified. Not my choice though. In fact they've been notified by lots of people about her.
I almost went to the FBI even filled out a form.

I originally hid all this info except when I went to staff.
when I did that my name was not reverbs.
I decided to go dark. So many death threats and stuff worse. (not all from her was a hectic time)

I don't know who she is involved with, powerful people.. Said she would put the heat on me,
and it was the next day my uncle started complaining of people looking through our trash.. And all the cars following us.. Remember this is the guy with top civilian clearance who she wanted me to kill who is building an airplane in the back yard.

Its all much worse than mind games on ATS.. And it involves a lot more people than just me.

You think she's been banned from every website she's ever been on for nothing?

Nothing I'm saying is gossip. It's all true and I'm not saying it for me. Well not for me to put her down. It is for me to get passed all of this.

I don't want to say bad things about her.
I don't like saying anything bad about anyone I care about.

She could easily be reading this.
I hope she's not. but if she is, sorry, but it's true.

but I talked about this in front of her..
I wasn't the one who broke the silence either, it was one of her side guys first, then it was Ashirah who was also heavily messed with.
Jacy called her out, WIS reported her at least once. I won't name any other names but I've been getting stories from all kinds of people.

She pretended to be this guys ex even.. She almost convinced him too. Scary smart..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

And honestly I didn't want anyone to respond to what I said it was just I say what's on my mind and I just discovered she was messing with my head from the moment I met her I didn't realize so it just hit me really hard jsut now, the same as if everyone in this thread was me..

I know you guys don't grasp how dark that feels.

she was isolating me and I thought it wasn't happening but it was all her.. So all the words going into my head were from her.
if I told anyone about her being magic she would kill me. That was crushing pressure.
At some point I realized I might die just based on my own sanity not holding on maybe, so I started to tell people bit by bit so that I was not isolated.

What other motivation would I have to say these things?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Nothing I'm saying is gossip. It's all true and I'm not saying it for me. Well not for me to put her down. It is for me to get passed all of this.

I do appreciate that.

To me it's gossip if the person isn't here to give their version of events regarding conversations that were carried out in private and in confidence. That does not mean that I think that what you're saying is untrue, it just means that I am uncomfortable with some of the information that you are sharing. See what I mean? What happened in public is perfectly legitimate material for discussion, from my perspective, as are your feelings and experiences. Otherwise, I just feel as though I am intruding on something that should be private, so I'll skip over that.

You need to do whatever it is you need to do to get passed it, I'm not saying that anything you're doing, in that process, is wrong just that in some things I am unqualified and unwilling to give comment. It is difficult when the person that you need to talk to won't talk to you honestly and sometimes you have to just accept that, you cannot force something into their nature that isn't there, or indeed, which they are frightened of revealing. Sometimes you do just have to let go of the reigns, despite the risk of the horses rearing or bolting. Just know that your actions have consequences, as do hers.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

What other motivation would I have to say these things?

So that others can learn from you experiences? I'm not attacking your veracity, or your version of events or for that matter your desire to share, that is perfectly understandable, something extraordinary happened to you, all I want you to do is stop taking responsibility for anyone but yourself. She is not your problem, you are your problem. (Not that I think you are a problem, or that you even have a problem, a lot of trauma yes, but you seem the sort who enjoys overcoming so...
)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Not sure what you meant with the horses and reigns.
let go of what?

Oh I let go of her anaana.

This has been years now.

we talked on another website when it was clear we would stay distant so I felt ok with that. OF course she got banned and I lost interest.
but seeing her again, because it had been 6 months apart was like final closure.

but I saw people I love and care about getting seriously hurt and confused I had to step in all that time ago.
That's just who I am. And when I did she knew it was me. OF course she did.. I don't know why I thought she wouldn't.

Don't forget I do still love her. Always will. Doesn't mean I get to be in denial though.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

let go of what?

I mean change your behaviour. Stop intervening and thereby drawing her attention. You think that she didn't know that you wouldn't do that? Think about it. If a pattern has formed, easiest thing to do is to follow it. Break the pattern, form new ones.

ETA, I do think that this is what you are already doing, but if someone is an attention seeker then they will seek attention, and here you are consistently providing it. There is a weaning off process for sure, but you do need to move away from giving attention more decisively. If that makes sense? From my limited perspective, you're still feeding the beast.

edit on 8-2-2017 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

let go of what?

I mean change your behaviour. Stop intervening and thereby drawing her attention. You think that she didn't know that you wouldn't do that? Think about it. If a pattern has formed, easiest thing to do is to follow it. Break the pattern, form new ones.

this was all way in the past anaana.
I let her do what ever she wanted..

like 1.5 years ago??

She affected me that strongly I'm still getting over it.
I didn't dare whisper a word back then.

but you were right when you said I like overcoming things.
That's a fairly new trait for me, though I always was competitive..
now though something like a loss of a job is like I'm more alive.

And you know what she gave me that.
Like death threats don't even work on me anymore.
I don't know she took away a lot of my ability to be afraid.

Hell what a crazy ride...

EDIT:
feeding the beast..
yea I hear you but I'm still putting the pieces together.
IF it wasn't for my own ability to know what is real and what is fake I would let it all go.
I have work to do.. Because remember this was not just the mundane.. IT was highly magical and mind controlish..

It would be like asking me to forget aliens are real.
I mean I can tell you right now she is NOT reading this.
I would know. She has pulled her energy away.

my energy is focused on me not her, these are things that happened to me.
I'm truly baffled at what happened.

Black triangle experience would be a 5 if she was a 10.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

We all have to hit the bottom sooner or later. Hopefully a little of you rubbed off on her too and she'll figure that out before it's too late.

I'm managing to eat eggs again (yay), so far so good at any rate, so I'm off to make a bakewell tart because that's just what I fancy. Take care

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Hi Reverbs, long time no see my friend...also "hello" to everybody! I have been away from the site for almost a year dealing with real life and recently have been lurking and reading.

I just wanted to say that I have no problem with you (Reverbs) talking about my experiences or showing my thread messages from that 'experience'. It was very stressful for me at the time and you helped me put it in perspective (so thank you!).
All I knew at the time, was that every day a different brand new member would address me as if they knew me...and seemed to follow my activity on the boards. It felt stalker-ish and I really couldn't understand the fascination with me. I actually stayed away for a while because I didn't like feeling like the victim of somebody else's mind games.

I hope everyone has been well and I'm glad to see this thread still alive and thriving. When time permits I would like to participate again...I suppose this post is my ice-breaker back into the conversation, lol.
So nice to see you all!
jacy

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

of course not other than like salt in doorways or windows or belief in gods or the big bang work on people, all else is the same sometimes someone points one out and I've forgotten I even had it and looking at them like and idiot typically reflects what they were likely thinking in my not recalling... it's like a mole or hair on the head unthought of so it ceases to exist until someone grasps it.

top topics

<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join