It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 334
<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Anyone in this thread have a normal life?

LOL

Hunny...if anyone with a normal life entered this thread, they would have run away screaming long ago.
I think you're stuck with us weirdo's.
We are people who experience the "woo".

I haven't seen Baddogma, beansidhe or KevinPrettyBear for a while...please don't tell me I've switched timelines or something. I'm still upset about the Berenstein Bears, lol.
jacy

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

It's funny I have no way to base if other people's stories sound crazy anymore.. Mine just sound looney tunes.

Baddogma drops in from time to time, but more in other threads.
beansidhe I've been seeing around think they mostly stick to acronym thread
KPB seems to have gone.

But as far as what timeline you're on .. Hahaha...

Who the heck knows at this point?
The one without Kit-Kat bars..

But I was just thinking. To a "normal" person there might be no evidence that anything weird ever happens.. So like how would they even want to look into it? So they come from there and from my angle it's like if some demons and angels wanted to have a little meeting with me in my room I'd give them spaces to "sit" and we'd have our little talk.

edit on 9-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I've seen them both (the killer B's) at Baddogma's Music you know and love thread. I mike dropped a good one the other day on beansidhe! I even got her to give me the ol' stink eye!

She asked about you when finally logged back on (she was gone most of the summer). But nobody really knew what to say.

Kev updates his UFO thread every now and then.

Miss the Berenstein Bears too! Not so much the record players (and yes, that thread gets hits from time to time! lol)

We noticed a slow down in woo towards the end of last year. Did you notice it too?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Or the wheel, or steem engine... my point was is it ever one person alone?
You call it novelties, but isn't it possible those are all developments?
Is a real novelty instantly happening, ever?
Even if we made ET contact there would have been a build up since the 1940s.

Sorry I had more, but since the discussion is a bit stretched...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think that it frequently can start with one person, and that it spreads from that individual (or group). I would agree that it rarely, if ever, happens instantaneously and would go a step further and propose that truly instantaneous events might not exist at all.

We place great importance on such sequences though. If a great mind were to work out something like general relativity in modern isolation, most will write it off. Likewise, if someone(s) were so isolated they weren't exposed to the wheel, and invented it, few would be particularly impressed. Even if it is arguably nearly as great of a discovery as the first time around, it isn't actually novel outside of that pocket of isolation.

In that, its almost imperative that these things dont occur in isolation, and that they emerge within a large enough system to actually take root in the general process.

All that aside, I'm not sure that whether they emerge specifically from an individual or instantaneously are applicable in determining whether something is novel. I don't see it so much in those terms, more as something that happens relative to other processes within the system in question. Of course, there is the saying "there is nothing new under the sun," which is why I feel a novel event needs to be examined within the system from which it arises as well as make a consideration for isolation. That aspect may be jumping a bit ahead in the conversation though, I think we are still working out each others basics.

I do not feel that "novelty" and "development" are mutually exclusive. I would actually say they are inextricably linked.

So, when you ask: "You call it novelties, but isn't it possible those are all developments?" I perceive that like asking "You call them basketballs, but isn't it possible they are all spheres?" I see a novel occurrence as a type of development or a point in development, in other words. We obviously differ here, would you mind explaining your perspective a bit more?

As an aside, the variant novelties seems oddly out of place. It shouldn't, I suppose, but it just doesn't carry the right connotations in my mind. Not at all important, obviously, just thought it was interesting.

edit on 9-2-2017 by Serdgiam because: boop

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Basics appropriate for the Café. I'm asking a lot of questions, don't I? Again sorry, it's not on purpose.
I know all my flaws, they just don't leave and are often faster than I am.

And I must say I feel like you joined the conversation to teach me something. Like KPB. But that also took a while until late we figured out what that was.
What's your main theory about consciousness? Universe?

Unrelated and don't ask why, or how, but I ended up on wikihow

edit on 10-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

Just wow.

What is that? Self hypnosis? Has it something to do with imaginary friends? Inviting something else in?
A mixture of a few things?

edit on 10-2-2017 by Peeple because: 2.add

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

It's a controlling energy of some sort; the reason or ration is something I am unaware of other than selfish desire. To posess well, here or the other world it would be the same... as I was waking in the other form from someone bringing moon down an astral projection magic... someone has claimed a thread of fate and has woven a world of great attachment with myself involved... who would want that balloon they saw and loved in a moment among all the others, to pop or come loose from their grasp and float away?

The voice of the woman said "I just lost the perfect man" bam! bam! bam! bam! caught in the doorway between worlds, sat in mediatation in that long dark hallway between the two not allowing the one that banged the door to close the gate I was being used to open to travel through.

You likely do not have a very unique energy signature Anaana though unique a person in your consciousness of attachment or dettachment you are.

Not holding an I am consciousness in unclouded observation? Neutral particle cloud is likely more accurate... mentioning the husk, the body the meat sack those declaring duality are unaware of life being life with and one without death involved thusly attached to name and form they live and die or "become" thusly attached unaware of the impermanent nature of all consciousness. That the true nature of such is simply awareness left bare... of course insleep cycles the body is open or vulnerable to such attacks being attached to it. out of mind during the day? The same thing drifting along the attachments pinning them in place to a self a corpse that is long gone done over with, of course impermanence felt so deeply yet not embraced becomes a hungry "ghost" energy that must perserve the body and on the unawareness of the true nature of becoming... seek to preserve a form that is temporary a bubble in time that is a world of parasites internal and external no different than the world itself.

The awareness that came over this world was pure awareness as a child or baby all are linked in it, then weighted down and weighted down, it decays the internal and external unaware it is the same... if all dies inside, then in whom do you exist? If all dies outside to whom do you exist? being the same? It is just a cloud of awareness in various states of attachment and becoming. Not attached then that awareness is just aware. Others persistence of memory in attachment gives rise or prison to one's form... bang bang bang at 2:00 A.M. of course once those closest lose control by saying your "given" name since not attached then many many more follow along concept ater concept of make believe as in make someone believe or attach to the conglomerate of nonsense so that another cloud of energy can be triggered into form... programming is exactly that, and it only works on those attached that can be triggered.

Host and guest, all is empty and yet all has form, as long as those are attached to form, persist in it's memory then none are host just guest but none allowed to dwell within not the origional unmade awareness that origonally resided in the form, before it took to the habit of attachment.

Free is free attachment is not; resolve to break the spell and illusion, and then simply being is simply being... the ancients knew of the reality of becoming and buried corpses with things that made them happy so return and rule over that land... in the middle east one side bows to the god of abraham and on the other side they kiss its ass and wail at the wall... the living duality of that energy manifest. In a mass conglomerate. Creating in a conglomerate of delusion both a god and a devil at the same time.

Not giving ones energy to such nonsense of duality is to be free of such nonsense.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

If you planted a corpse would the life in it cease to continue? It's job is to over take the host once the task is done. If the host over takes all guests then who becomes master of the house?
edit on 10-2-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: p-trap

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

That is inviting a guest into your body as a host... you have already done such a thing in attachments, some natural to from others conditioned by response or society as triggers and programming to do so. Best to avoid such parasitic contracts.

Inner sounds are the flowers of life that those energies want and feed on in making contracts, swarming the central channel like creeper vines, one becomes lost, using the blade of discrenment never seems to end, listening to an "inner" voice. The outter voice is all the chaos and conceptual confusion that such energies attach too in a hunger, many mistake them as a self once integrated but are just a conglomerate of energies. These energies swirl around a now this now that form of being or suffering so attached to all of these energies and forms and passions not oneself.

They attach to your energy in the gross form, the etherial form can also become attached and defiled with the illusion that they are a self... these energy centers are a vortex of being 7 all sealed away in the mortal coil of birth and death from these energies feeding on each other over and over in a food chain of being.

The inner sounds, focus on those and the path becomes so wide one does not fall at the edge of uncertainty and discernment of confusion to be sucked into the spiral... each of those has a sound in simply being and sit and teach oneself the path, but if it is an energy defiled by it's own attachment it will lead you into further attachment. One hand taken as a self is under ones control, both taken as a self bondage... so who is attached when grasping with body, speech or mind?

While laying down at night listen intently, if you hear cricket sort of energies?(most common) the suggestion made to Mousey is suggested, allow that energy to come swirl and devour replenish strength to feed all of those starving, you may also hear a grinding noise, do the same as it wants craves and devours form, then there will be a very high pitched sound like a finger on a wine glass, this is the proper alignment or frequency to open all of the so called Akashic records.

Of course observation of all that arises... my jumping into that portal to grasp that wand like a monkey was likely a mistake, however it showed awareness instead of unawareness, so those enimations of oneself lost their place by being so careless, however those displaced thinking themselves above you turn into that battle to see if you are worthy of such a position if you fall or are triggered? Then you are not worthy however they are typically falling in the process having hid such attachments of vengence, or else they would have not been triggered and accepted here take this gift... awareness of it arising unlike oh so many more? Not aware then how could they grasp or display what has occured to others in observation?

In the great equanimity all are equal in all manner and in all ways as energy and matter, all surrounding you as far as energy and matter has swapped itself in and out through all things in a constant state of flux, now becoming this now becoming that, however attached? flow ceases; the experience of oneness... is being no different than all combined... however many stop oh oh oh I have attained something. Yes you have the most difficult thing to ever let go again so it yet arises again from that attachment not understanding impermanence that flux itself, and the only trying to make itself permanent and not a part of that flow? Is the very attachments itself...

My bed awakened? It can grab, it can prick, it can shake... same with all else. Reasoning? You eventually become no different than all of it... the sensation of being drunk as someones wine, the sensation of being eaten, but suffering of such experience with no self? Gone. If a self were attached then quite a lot of pain would arise, as then identifying my bed instead of all that brought it there to that moment the pain arises from that attachment, no attachment? what needles, what hands. who or what is being eaten? when all is left undefined.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I watched a really interesting three part series last night on the BBC but made in conjunction with the Open University comparing the teachings of Buddha, Socrates and Confucius. I say "watched", it was on TV, I was actually only listening to it though because I was working on a picture. It worked great with the flow though and what I produced wasn't at all what I had intended to. It feels outside of myself. I do like it when that happens. I'm so excited to see how it eventually turns out.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Happy Friday Cafe

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Happy Friday Cafe

Having so far spent my morning cleaning a building that is a thousand years old and which consistently sheds like dandruff the accumulated dust of those centuries, that tracks hits my nail dead centre.

I do love my myriad exercises in futility. Liberating?

Happy Friday to you all too.

Seriously, today could be the day that I burst.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I thought the hidden imagery of the trinity women interesting with the mad man contiually cutting off the mushroom to maintain "his" kingdom in a fury that another male may take his place on a throne he thinks he has won with illusion and delsuion in the sleep of dream imagery... while the women unseen guide or beguile as his and her daughters on a throne... both sitting on a liars chair of sorts until one grows wise to the jungle with discernment between the two worlds.

Daughters need husbands worthy afterall... and sons born in the same position have to see the sides of both energies to be worthy enough to inherit yet another house and bring life forth from it out of the dust of the ground called past... if the mad man finds yet another magician he shows him the magic castraition will he wear the face of other men in their advice of illusion or build his own castle out of the very earth on which all dwell as his house is finished the daughters get impatient in waiting... she raises her finger and points to the light that has left all others in the darkness of the sun blazing forth it's ray of hope out of such voids.

Seems the memory of one of your art pieces has more than a thousand words to pour forth, striking a balance that those of weavers sitting on such thrones cutting mushrooms just the same have countless times before... however the mad man has no idea who it is she is sitting on as he cuts others down in his own ignorance... even more ignorant to eat it and get woven in himself, thinking he can cut his way back to a path when all light has already gone out of it from his own liars chair of weaving to get there.

Pop one world another appears pop that one and the void lands upon all else, what darkness or light is there to run from when both are the same when needed.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Not bad, BBD, not bad at all

Seems to me also, that you can "see" what I am currently working on too. The central image is an Ash tree. Ash was the preferred wood to make spear shafts and loom beams. It relates to a specific Ash that was cut down to make way for Valley Parade. Fraxinus being the Ash's latin designation. It ties into a story that I am working on and ties into my meta-narrative of my overall work.

So yeah, you seem to have me firmly pegged.

Truth sets you free, that's how you recognise it

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Ah the marksperson boasting his or her might with a bow; often forgets the fletcher involved in their skill that has allowed theirs. Does their ego boasting cover the fletcher by default?

It is a DaVinci sort of thing, underpainting... hidden codes and meanings under layers of paint.

Salut!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Not to criticise, but could you please keep it a bit simpler for me?

Besides that, I tend to agree it's more than just imaginary. My best guess is a lifeform less "dense" than we are. I mean some stuff people go through if they have poltergeists or demons is just crazy.
Can they interact with matter? Looks like it. Are they the ones behind synchronicity and such?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Thought forms... formation(the potters wheel) one of the chains of causation in the wheel of becoming. It only takes breaking one link in the chain for freedom to occur. Of course Christianity borrowed the concept making "man" in "his"(god) own image out of the ground or dust of the "earth"(goddess) by plowing the field and planting the "seed" in it so that all grasping concepts carry that face by burying their faces in the same conceptual ground or image...(formation)

When is a tree not a tree? Ask the cat climbing around on a chair as if it or even your leg was a tree... furry little zen masters pointing at the mind of the uncreated or non-conceptual... as they marvel at our invention of indoor plumbing, wondering when they will stop scraching around the same as we wonder the same about them on our upholstry.

I just painted a scene all can see, so am I the author of it if others can experience the same or have? The eye saw the eye being clear knows what it saw from the eyes of all involved, as my fingers climb around on this keyboard like a squirrel while others look upon it and say: "Hey look... nuts!" I hope you've enjoyed my bushy lil tale.

Bhava Cakra(wheel of life) this thing is the truth of all reality... it is unchangible and immutible, the pointing changible as words twist so many points in formation although when that is uncovered? By breaking one of these 12 chains? Seeing it clearly? The "self" chained to the cycle of life and death falls. Each link will then start being eaten in understanding to fill that hole or void once that task is finished... poof... along the way of that each sense awakens into clarity. The 5 skulls represent the death of attachment to one of those senses keeping one in bondage... when the eye opens into the unbiased, equanimity results and a skull appears the eye consciousness dead... the ear the same... etc. etc. until all finally become the unmade the unformed from being unbound undeluded, unattached, in wisdom and clarity. The demon itself? Death that chases all within it around... the tail is infinite in this wheel or ast lives lived, as one cannot descern when such started... but there is an end to it, and that is breaking the chain.

The pointing the one on the cloud is doing is saying do not look at me as the cause or the way, see the reflection of the moon and when you do... hopefully others see it as truth instead of you standing there pointing.

Wheel of life

edit on 10-2-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: clarity?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You’re doing it wrong!

Actions performed without desire for rewards with spiritual consciousness contribute to the fulfilment of liberation. When fulfilment is achieved one attains the ultimate consciousness and liberation is automatically included. By performing actions in this manner a living being becomes verily a being of non-action. Renunciation is relinquishing the desire for rewards attached to appropriate actions as Lord Krishna explains later in chapter XVIII verse two kamyanam karmanam nyasam meaning the renouncing of fruitive activities. Performing actions in spiritual consciousness without desire leads to liberation.

Bhagavad Gita v. 3-4

On another thread, I posted a link to a site that had some interesting things to say about Mars and biblecodes. BD said I had big t*ts or something!

Anyway, I am starting to like this site and figured I’d share

Collective-evolution.com, Feb. 10, 2017 - Why Karma Has Nothing To Do With “Getting What’s Coming To You”.

Music Friday!!

Black Label Society (Zakk Wylde) – Whiter Shade of Pale

"Poxiest bleedin' lyrics ever written!" - The Commitments
edit on 10-2-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: correct quote

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Basics appropriate for the Café. I'm asking a lot of questions, don't I? Again sorry, it's not on purpose.
I know all my flaws, they just don't leave and are often faster than I am.

Please don't apologize for that.. I mean, maybe some people really are bothered by questions, but I find them quite wonderful. I like to ask them too
Really, the only thing that annoys me about it is that so many think that if someone is asking questions, they have no answers of their own. When, really, its about learning how others have answered the same question. I could go on a rant about that (don't worry, I wont), but its a personal problem, as they say.

What's your main theory about consciousness? Universe?

Ive been trying to build towards that for a while. In a sense, its like asking a physicist "how do things behave in the universe?" The answer could, and does, fill a multitude of books. Starting out, it will probably seem irrelevant, but hopefully, it begins to clear up.

At its core, I think it is a "simple" behavior that gets repeated. Its this work-in-progress equation that I base my AI. The science/math minded may recognize what that equation might be.
Basically, it represents the interplay between the transition from a realm without time into one that has it. Like a ground in an electronic circuit, I feel that is called back on repeatedly and constantly and that the movement back into that timeless realm results in gravity.

I believe that humans range into both realms, and that the structure that connects it all is most easily imagined as a cosmic tree. For me at least.
In this analogy, our body would be like a leaf, or maybe a branch with multiple leaves, on this larger structure. If we were to be more comprehensive, I'd state that these branch systems are oscillating while other parts of the "tree" are not, but I think it might confuse matters more than anything?

Much like the trees we know and love, these leaves serve a purpose, and that is to convert energy. What we think of as our "whole being" would actually be just one leaf, so it is not necessarily something that exists beyond the season through which it serves its purpose.

The timeless realm has an ecosystem just like the time realm, so there are everything from metaphorical pine beetles (time beetles?) to "clear cutting." Probably. There are also things that work in symbiosis, but when working on this level with "sentient" systems, both/all parties need to participate in the process.

Expanding out a bit, our social systems work a lot like.. a solar system. Where the close proximity introduces forces that are not necessarily under our control and yet they shape things all the same (like gravity with the planets and moons). And those long lost acquaintances are like long orbit objects. Given that this would have ties in the timeless realm as well, that influences the mechanics beyond the "simple" predictability of time-based orbital mechanics. When bodies get excited and unstable, that energy can transfer and override typical functions (like reason) in nearby bodies.

In this belief system, many woo items would be based on the interplay between the time filled and the timeless. Maybe that seems like a "given," but hopefully the difference can be seen when taken in context. Given that it is essentially two whole ecosystems that intersect like a Venn diagram, of sorts, there are quite a few different ways for this to happen.

For example, I see something like a typical "ghost" to be an electromagnetic echo of that beings movements while "alive." Meaning, as they repeated movements or had incidents of high enough amplitude/energy, it created a situation that leaked a bit more of the timeless ecosystem into time. This is enabled by the idea that every-thing at every moment "grounds" back into the timeless ecosystem (like described earlier).

Hmm, that's probably a good start. I've never really had success talking about the whole system. That's caused me to base my technology on it, hoping that will serve as a better, though significantly more long term, platform for sharing.

top topics

<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join