It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 329
<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My death has been postponed.

Keep me alive for you all amusement.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
My death has been postponed.

Keep me alive for you all amusement.

Mousey Right NOW promise me you will stay with us.

I mean RIGHT NOW!

If it's not on my desk in 15 minutes, I'll think something crazy like you never had a heart.

but YOU do.

You are the only person who can be you.

Put on a great act or something.

Just don't leave.

edit on 6-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Everything is fine, don't worry. I just overreacted a bit, I'm fine. Seriously. Going to lay down now.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

good night lovely being
Sleep well
edit on 6-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

re-reading old posts..

Crazy girl #ed with me even more than I remember..

She was "talking to herself" from the beginning..

She quotes herself multiple times as if she is responding to someone. But it's her on the other end. (I figured out most of her accounts - mostly through her)

People get weird when I call her for what she is.

But if you don't get it stay out of my business.

I just accidentally found out she accused me of cheating with HER.... I had no idea that's what she meant. She must have known I had no idea because she was BOTH people. god.... What the hell was running through her head?

...Still researching my past..

edit on 7-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Serdgiam

If you take that the wrong way, when I say "good for you", is that entirely your problem, if you ask me. I meant it. As in "great that's admirable".

How could I have a goal, or a plan? I still don't know where I stand.

You crack me up sometimes

That is how I took it. I perceived it as a literal "good job." But, given your response.. well, it seems like a bit of a set up now. Like the trap was sprung, but there wan't a leg in it to clamp down on.

What is wrong with you? It was a compliment! Get over it. I tickle people to see if they just blah around stuff they read and found cool or if they arrived there on their own.
I'm sorry I kept it short and haven't written a Sonett to praise you. Yet. Who knows maybe that and a boat? Calm down I like you.
I have a dirty mouth and a golden heart, I hate all humans, but I believe they all just suffer from "severe conflicting realities disorder", it's not their fault they're all stupid. Power of improvement through the right tools and frames as blueprints.

That's why I love ATS so much. Here people talk about interesting stuff they really have thought about. That's why I love this Café so much, it happened here with Reverbs, with Anaana, with TEOTWAWKIAIFF, with BigBrotherDarkness, KellyPrettyBear,... they taught me something in conversation, discussions, while we exchanged arguments.
Did or do I agree with all they say? No.
Do I value their opinion? Yes.
I am a colourful dumbass with a big mouth, a contrarian, I love that, I won't change it for you.
Sorry. You'll have to learn to tolerate me. Let's see if you still can contribute to a time worthy discussion.

My point was that it seems you want to talk about things in that direction, but when I went there, the conversation abrubtly stopped. I was genuinely curious when I asked what the point was to you. Is it more just to vent frustration in a strictly rhetorical fashion?

When you talk about something as if you have interest, but then give a one line response when someone shares that interest, some will perceive that as being given a pat on the back followed by an unsaid "thats nice, truly, now shut up and sit down, I'm talking." That's why I asked what the point in such an interaction is to you, because if its different then the way those actions are perceived can be at odds. Of course, if that is exactly how its meant, then carry on! Basically though, whether it was meant as literal or a condescending dismissal, the end result is the same; it makes any further discourse seem like it isn't valued, and in that, is a waste of time. Obviously, I don't see it that way, as I'm responding, but its easy to go there.

I was distracted. Plus I didn't have much to add. It happens. You didn't hit the note I was looking for. Control loop. Choose which one you like and I give you the background story. They're all true ltbd.

You talked earlier about how you sometimes feel ignored, or that interactions on boards like this can be difficult, so I'd think such blunt, honest feedback might be of value. Of course, it can all just be seen as the other persons problem, but then I don't think we can be surprised by what *will* happen next.

Then again, I'm one of those people that believes these interactions are two way streets with shared responsibility, sooo, caveat emptor (seriously)!

Can we stop talking about me. I was asking why they're not interested in stuff I present. But it has to be personal? Am I bouncing a ball with my nose in a cheerleader outfit?
Do you take words on a screen that serious?

I should also clarify that I don't think we necessarily need a goal, or to know where we stand, to work towards something. In my view, we are all working towards something, whether we know what it is or not, and it can frequently conflict with what we actually want or wish to achieve.

Based on what you have said, it seems to me your plan is: "A new philosophy. Answers. A constructive goal." I think its a good one, personally.

Thank you. I disagree.

To know where I stand is crucial. I believe because I think the second coming of jesus and the antichrist are the same person. Just depends on which side you're on. You know, where you stand.

I don't know what I want, but I got a direction.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Peeple because: Meant the opposite

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

From one heartbroken to another: I hear you.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

From one heartbroken to another: I hear you.

Thank You.

In a few months it will be two years.

I'll be single that long.

SO... Why isn't she gone from my heart?

That was sort of the set up.. The punchline is:

there will never be another one.

SO I'm kind of done.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Me too.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

And would add roman catholicism also integrated a lot of the old local saints. Roman empire style.
Old habits, in Spain with the crazy processions.

What's that if not ritualistic magic in Roman catholic regions?

What is the purpose of it? What does the ritual achieve? The intended outcome?

Integration is not the same as assimilation. The syncretism of the Roman church often removes and confounds meaning.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

He is doing it as a coping mechanism, to all he comes into contact with... if he gives someone something to cope with maybe they will leave him alone. If all he does is scare the little brother and you yourself are self proclaimed chicken then he has done the same to you... so seeing what he has done to them? Is a direct window to exactly what he has done to you... so having coped yourself then you can show them better coping than you chose to help them along so they won't have to struggle as long as you did.

Of course, everyone is a teacher, and they teach various things... maybe he is teaching the value of solitude as it seems to be the most valuable thing to him. A house full of children for a long time? Someone is eventually seek an oasis and if one does not hit with hands then they bite with words... whether he is aware of that separation or solitude he is creating? Who knows... it just makes all of those involved to regroup and try again... plot and plan attacks.

My "family" does the same thing; but they are masses or suffering, I am not the one to point them the way out of it, being progenators perpetuating it themselves... plotting against me to do the same is not very fair... as it only perpetuates suffering in appeasing themselves. I have a life and I focus on it, what I have to do for me... the clinging and desparation is dependence on me, making me responsible for their emotions and attachment when those emotions and attachments arise from them and not myself.

The mother would desire to have me as a little baby forever no independence and dictate my entire life; and of course that is illogical and irrational and of course unreasonible. So she tries to make others responsible for me as well and well, that is just the same. I have taken care of myself alone for many years no help, others with their help and vice versa with consent.

At some point the controlling ways of family have to simply get "it" that I don't need them to take care of myself... and the more they try, plot or demand or make themselves believe that I do need them? The less I want them anywhere near me. So in such a manner they are self perpetuating the problem instead of sloving anything. I am simply just here, doing what I need to do for me. Their interference just brings a lot of useless suffering to themselves, as I am already detached from them... who did I attach too? My son and the person that I felt liberated me that last lesson I really needed.

Being nearly two years ago? I have even had to detach from those two because of the extreme attachment of family in their hell of a living will. So just here, doing what I need too... my enegy is frequently drained from all of their plotting and negativity and when they leave which is rare these days? It is like a vice being removed and all of that pressure gives way and joy bursts forth... but one their return? It starts weighing and dragging again... because they continually drag and weigh things down burdened when I am unburdened.

I didn't choose them ever... I just found myself here on birth the same as everyone else; and I have come to see them as enemies over time, you know they say keep those close right? Well, when finding oneself here after rebirth then whom else better to force progression than those you karmically injured in the last life? When they have had enough the will feel retribution from vengence and let go. Making them family is supposed to teach them love thy enemies in the odd way the cosmic wheel of becoming works... of course, it does not help their moving beyond that suffering as it only compounds their own.

Of course, such was written a long time ago as a hero slaying beasts... medusa the one holding the warrior in place or stagnation. But seeing her in the mirror of the self? Then one can see how they become medusa in holding others back... methaporically hiding these inner struggles or lessons weaved some nice tales, but externalizing them as real beings and forces and not seeing how they play out as a trop inside of oneself and as an outward expression of life? One only sees half of the picture and are left in a constant struggle of internal and external bondage.

Seeing both sides? Journey is over but life goes on...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Haven't you noticed the same behavior in yourself? I have seen you reply to your own posts quite frequently...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I don't think I fit in here. I haven't contributed anything really meaningful to the thread, it was just my attempt to belong somehwhere. I'm not a philosophical person, I just thought that I was relating to other people for once.

I'm not a philosophical person either, I like to read and you can't help but pick some up along the way.

What, when you are doing it, or thinking about it, makes you lose yourself? As in, time just slips by without you even noticing it's passing? All else just becomes so very unimportant and uninteresting? Give it some thought, be aware of yourself about your day, you might find it in the most unexpected places...it may be lots of little things that will indicate a whole...or just one moment that you notice before you have to push it away because you think it's a silly thing to want to do and you're simply too busy to be distracted...or you've been told it's self-indulgent in the past so you deny yourself it because you feel it is expected of you.

Give it a try. You're not looking for a career choice, or a life plan, look for those things that you don't even normally notice that you do, and recognise them.

A song to get you going...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Okay. It is a stock photo of the brotherhood of Saint Philip, in Carnona.
here

The name comes from:

wiki

Where is the magic?
Where not?

Even a bit voodoo, depends how you look at the dolls in use.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

That doesn't answer any of my questions.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

There is an old practice, of mental death... laying there imagining with love and empathy to let the insects swarm and feed on you. The same can be done with animals... in one of self sacrifice. It may sound morbid to many people... but it is more of an energy thing, what let just "humans" feed on your energy?

I do such a practice, when intuition calls for it... it's sort of the same as Onigumo becoming Naraku in Inuasha except the intent isn't one of negativity. It is one of love and compassion emathy to feed and satiate that hunger of those energies.

In such a manner death and life are just extremes of being; becoming happens moment by moment where one places the eye? There you are... in judgment of neither good nor bad? It simply is. What it is? Is a reflection of the mind itself. How one responds or reacts to what one sees, hears, etc? is based on attachments too it, do they seek to free others? Or feed on old concepts like forget the new meal lets eat left overs everyday... that's kinda impossible after awhile unless someone digs up a fresh corpse or topic for people to devour or get cooking and create one.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

If you're part of a hypothetical group sacrificing new born babies assimilation and integration don't make any difference.

Did you read the link?
A whole week of celebration, a secret brotherhood. You see no magic?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I always wanted to be buried with an oak sapling in my chest. Then I decided the shredder and composting would be better, but then I learned about the vultures...an old thread and incarnation of mine...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note, ten years today!! Whoop-whoop!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

If you're part of a hypothetical group sacrificing new born babies assimilation and integration don't make any difference.

Did you read the link?
A whole week of celebration, a secret brotherhood. You see no magic?

Whether I see magic or don't see magic is neither here nor there, I am asking if you know what the rituals purpose is? Lots of dressing up, pomp and ceremony, but what is the ritual that they are performing and what is it's purpose?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

A procession is the ritual, the purpose is to remember the last days of Jesus. With all symbolic implications.

top topics

<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join