It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 333
<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Sentimental stuff and emotions makes me cry faster than physical pain. I cant force it--It just happens.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Sentimental stuff and emotions makes me cry faster than physical pain. I cant force it--It just happens.

for me lately my heart is so open that happy things keep hitting the right chords and it's too powerful and I overflow through my eyes..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

omg yes... I can finally see that everything is inter-connected!! The elements of the periodic table hold us all together as one

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Yes!

it is all connected. MAybe not all at the same rate of connection.. And even connected at many levels at different intensities..
and even in the most disconnected a buttreflys wings could change weather patterns across the world, who knows.. Little spirals become big ones down the line in an entire different spot.

I've seen it in my life on ATS. I am nothing special.. But I have changed little things that grew. I'm proud when people become more connected around me. OF course everyone in this thread makes me super happy. But sometimes it feels like if I say just the right things in 1996 that in 2026 it will have nudged off jsut enough for tat meteorite to miss.

It's sort of the spark the little tiny spark that has no energy almost.. Can light the world on fire. Tupac said.. "I may not change the world, but I WILL spark the brain that changes the world."

I'd like to try and make as many sparks as I can muster.. Especially in little brains. Like my ex L did. She is a Great teacher. We worked on her lesson plans together. Her classes did the best and she was also the most free with the kids.. She stressed getting them to think on their own.

Some of my ideas infected little brains haha.. Not really. None of my beliefs or thoughts or ideals. Except free expression.

this video both makes me laugh my ass off and makes me feel super powerful.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Now that we have Jacy back

We have at least 3 people who played a huge role in saving my life. At least my sanity.

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

She definitely sounds like a good teacher. BTW if you want to teach ur ideals to little minds then you will have to break them down into little pieces so they can be simple and minimalistic. Even though ur not dating her anymore--JS. I know that video. But yea

Revolutionary ideas have consequences. Don't ever forget that knowledge is power--That's not just a saying.

Probably going to be on and off, or idk.

edit on 9-2-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

She definitely sounds like a good teacher. BTW if you want to teach ur ideals to little minds then you will have to break them down into little pieces so they can be simple and minimalistic. Even though ur not dating her anymore--JS. I know that video. But yea

Revolutionary ideas have consequences. Don't ever forget that knowledge is power--That's not just a saying.

Probably going to be on and off, or idk. but I'm going to see if anything happens in an hour or so.

that's the girl I was with for 5 years. Lived with for 5 years. We were basically married.

But no I'm not afraid to influence people when I know my message is sound.

I wouldn't dare teach my beliefs.. Those are mine. I'm not an idealist. I'm a realist. Teaching people how to think seems like a safe proposition. I wasn't ever a teacher. My ex did that. And she got teacher of the year every year at her schools and all of it. Her classes were killing it.

but I was a secret adviser.. woooooo.. haha.

Anyways.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Nothing to say...

Just wanna be on page 333!!!

Be cool ya'll!!
edit on 9-2-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Using real words

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Just wanted to report the electronic woo:

My Hearthstone coins just went up from 35, or 45 to 105?
I'm either experiencing lots of timeloss or 404-ing.
Why can't that happen to my real account?
For all of us, dear sweet universe?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
We have a match...

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Had a dream someone was trying to gollum my conscious awareness into a recently deceased corpse. I was almost into it and then someone banged hard on my door four times at 2:00 AM on the dot but did not say anything. Was in a quasi between state between the two worlds for a bit centered the visual back in formal meditation and observed with hearing in both worlds for quite some time.

originally posted by: jacygirl
For months I've been waking up every night at 2 am. Not 2:01 or 1:59...2 o'clock on the dot. For years it was always at 11:11 pm so at least I get a few hours more sleep now, hehe...

Woo?

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
She likely would have had better luck with an infustion of crystals... around, of course not knowing the ones I also wear likely play an issue to the harmonic resonances involved. Not wearing any jewelry or simple ones such as a gold band would make such much easier to accomplish. Likely why so called sex "demons" of all sorts are more apt to visit the single sort as it is rare for one of them to have more than a simple watch crystal on if even that.

I wish to launch an official complaint. I never wear jewellery. Or a watch. And I have never been visited by a sex demon. Of any sort. Ever.

Adornments are not the issue, I suspect.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hey TEOTWAWKIAIFF!! Thank you for your kind words!

Reverbs...I'm glad that you think I helped. You helped me too. (that's what friends do)

Serdgiam...Hi stranger...nice to see you're still here.

Mousygretchen and Peeple...Hello to you! *waving*

Anaana...I caught the 2 am thing too. What's with that, is it the witching hour? (more like the bitching hour for me!) I've never been visited by a sex demon either, but I think I'm okay with that.

Hello to everyone else who may be here. I still love this thread and all the 'woo'. (it makes me feel less...weird, hehe...)
jacy

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

You're very much welcome! Good to see you're back.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

As a scientist has it ever occurred to you what a big deal the domestication of fire really was?

Firsts.

Oh yes, one of the first novel movements of our modern species.

Start with the guy who is suicidal enough to get closer and pick up a burning stick and then a pile of wood in time to keep it burning. Was it planned?
Or an infant finding a glimmering tree destroyed by lightning, takes a glimmering stick and at home sets accidentally the furniture of the cave on fire. Daddy's pipe collection.

Which is more likely?

I really do feel lightning had something to do with it. The way I imagine it is; in returning to a land destroyed by wildfire, Grog comes across a blackened corpse of a mammoth. He had gone weeks without a true meal, and the massive fire had not helped. All his people could find were these black coals of what once was.

Clearly, they were spawns of Deregor (the ancient father of darkness), as their very color identified their dangerous nature. Night. Dangerous.

But, some of the larger ones sure smelled good. Well, at least in the face of starvation. Could his people continue on this way, or should he take a risk for his tribe?

The large mammoth before him was still steaming in the cold, crisp morning mist. Surely, one bite couldn't hurt? This animal might be blackened, but it was transformed to that by something that pushed the darkness back.

He slowly reached out a shaking hand..

Super dramatic!

Eggs are another one that baffles me.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Maybe its just the frame of mind that story put me in.. but I think smelling the snow coming used to be a common, and very useful trait, way back in time.

I can do the same, though where I live now, the smell permeates the air with such potency that it might as well be a meteorological BBQ. Standing snow is up to 5-7 feet now D:

I also believe that we had very different relationships with the animals around us back then. Perhaps in losing that, we lost more than just "friends."

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I'm a veritable forum ninja, only occasionally journeying away from the warmth of this thread

This thread is a very unique place, good to see you back. I suspect there are quite a few people that follow this place in the shadows, on the very fringe of the light cast by our gathering.

Sometimes I think they should all just join in, but maybe it just doesn't work that way.

On a completely different note, I finally got together my parts list for making my headphone amp. Over a hundred individual pieces really takes a while to double and triple check.

I figured I'd experiment with different IC and discrete amp setups for fun, before I build it into my sensor array.

ETA: 3 posts on 333 makes me happy

edit on 9-2-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
lol Ive been experiencing a lot of woo lately.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Woo's been hitting me hard too.

Luckily I get a nice brainless distraction today.

UNC Duke game at my friends bar he has BBQ buffet going on for free..

Yea I need a break.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That's awsesome..I know youll have a good time.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
probably but ATS doesn't like you to name names so don't.
And yea probably don't say the rest.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Anyone in this thread have a normal life?

LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join