It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 318
<< 315  316  317    319  320  321 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

No. Like Reverbs said fire is not the same to everybody. And you try to turn this into semantics because you know you're wrong but won't admit it. So excuse me, but *shruggs we're definitely in different boxes.

Don't take this personal or anything, I have been called contrarian before, but you may also call me a dick.

@all,
if you got the time 140minutes documentary about what we're talking here, featuring David Sereda and others. Am only half way through but I got already one or two new ideas.

edit on 30-1-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

isn't david sereda one of those looney tunes types?

I'll watch when I get back anyway.

Gawd ATS.. The ads I get.. Like for real? "Pure" for men.. A supplement you take twice a day so that when you get it in the bum the "runway is clear for landing"

I had to keep on scrolling it just got worse with the puns..

well, I just woke up and I've nearly had enough internet for the day

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

He doesn't have the best reputation, but that's a good thing from my pov. I like him and think he's incredible smart.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

BAHAHA xD I went to that website and lol'd hard.. like. facepalm.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Good morning sunshine! LOL. Another glorious day waking up at the crack of noon!

Just kidding!

I login just so I don't have to see Jesse Ventura talking in an auto-launch web frame. Or was her face's sister cutting up food (always a flippin lemon). That and the script time delay, may as well log in and be done with it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

My suggestion; is to look at those scientist's work and observe what they were saying, until it arises as an experience in full understanding. Typically, someone says relativity yeah e=MC^2 um no... see the mind has already changed that reality from the grasping not allowing one to understand it... grasping in rote comprehension of the word relativity or impermanence is not understanding of it... even with experience of what could be called that to make one thing they know... yes I had this and it went away... it's seriously?
and make it a subject all it's own, see it arise at that point how it passes at that point and keep doing it until there arises a oneness or integration with it... otherwise it is throwing it into a cup and onto the next nonsense one thinks one knows but does not give the time of day.

When animals we needed that snap judgment because there was so much danger... but it was automatic simple fight or flight. Moving into the intellectual realm where we have the luxury not to do that from forming society we can sit back pick our poison whether it be Scrodinger and a fine cigar, or Einstein with a cuppa tea... and just watch this thing in action.

All things circular it will arise and keep arising... that snap judgment is like standing the check out making impulse purchases blowing any budget one may have.

Of course I don't think Scrodinger went far enough; in the box but there will be not only superpositions but supersubpositions super script and sub script... making the inside the box and standing outside not knowing a fractal all possibilities occuring and not occuring all at once as he would then be in the box too as it came back around in that infinity as it contains both all and nothing; picking any single point would be a break but also contained in it as a possibility to exist and break away meaning it never did... so he set off an infinite chain reaction.

Thought experiments... that's how you do them, you sit married with a concept until it integrates into full understanding of it to gain knowledge... that which is already here is like wiping ones ass with dirty toilet paper... but thinking you know it is the actual sh!t getting on it leaving none clean.

This is what I do and have done with knowledge since I was 18; didnt really start hitting mature growth in total mass until my late 30's then out of no where Newtons apple plonked me on the head the fruit unexpected. Grasping like a monkey you can pick all you want... sitting under the tree in concideration, it will eventually feed you.

Of course in the hustle and bustle we think ourselves in, always running and racing around... isn't really all that busy we have just busied ourselves with the superficial nonsense of expectaion and what it means to be busy then use social media to be hey look I ate or wiped my ass today... lets play soap opera, well sure if thats what you like. But what is it gonna answer for you? Yesterdays cliff hanger sure, the one oneself is hanging from? All a matter of focus, so if interested in really knowing and real knowledge... then that's the process... if interested in the trite and shallow, create some.

Consumer gonna consume no matter what, from bacteria to space madness

Good video

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

BAHAHA xD I went to that website and lol'd hard.. like. facepalm.

hash tag StayReady..

hahahahaha...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

>.< xD Oh, no you di int!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You know the big thing these days is called "triggering" those seeing others apt to programming and trying to trigger each other as a game to be like ha ha caught you being controlled or triggered by some word or concept you are holding... such as those coming up with insults like SJW, Snowflake, Alt etc. my dad has one; he likes to call people "messes" well the only reason I bring this up? In Spanish as you mentioned? Molest translates to "mess" and being a repeat offender child molester hiding behind his cult religion? Hiding because not really changed... calling people a "mess" is sort of his inside joke to laugh at people.. and/or subconsciously reveal what he has done to them in his mind.

Knowing this... last year he called my son a mess. I said if you ever call him that again; I will knock your f-ing teeth out. Well, if he has? I wouldn't know but not a few months later... he has nothing but false teeth. Something he never ever wanted.

Karma? Hmmm.

edit on 30-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: clarity

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I feel asleep twice during the video, but watched most o f it.
I guess I'm not interested in hearing about these things unless people have their own personal experience to bring to the table.
Feels a little dogmatic or something?

Of course most of what it talked about, well you know I've been around for awhile haha.

the guys voice did not help me stay awake either

"plants talk to each other." It's like yea dude they'll talk to you to if you listen.

Now I feel all pocahontas-y

I think my feeling about the video is best explained by Aldous Huxley

William Blake

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

edit on 30-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

That was beautiful.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Yeah that's the weird thing... guilty of it myself. The don't you get it business... it's kinda like planting a tree and when it hits sapling start shaking it "where's the fruit?!?" it comes in it's due time. Otherwise it is rote... impermanence first presented itself, and I rotely grasped it oh yeah I know the definition of that. Then over 12 years later wrestling around like a mad man being driven insane by something; kept coming up over and over. Go to see my abbot talk to him about it; being tortured by reoccuring thoughts... he looks at me; grabs his toes starts rocking back and forth smiling with his eyes and mouth shaking his head from side to side... impermanence, impermanence, impermanence. Bam! First time I bowed in understanding, he could have said it one time the topic: Impermanence.

But no, he saw the issue directly... then his repeating it? Over and over... his mind was giving fuel, the cure and problem at the same time. My mind kept running away from it when it arose... mind playing a game hey guess who? Then I'd run... reacting to it, giving it fuel giving it life giving it energy... same as if I embraced it instead of running away from it would.

Pow right in the kisser; rotely grasped impermanence until I saw I was fueling both what I didn't want and what I wanted... free of it; understood it the same on his level of it... became one in that same understanding. The time was ripe... and he was a good surgeon to see what I had been hacking at and being cosumed by and with a masterful swing blade ended up in my hand in that moment and gone. Equal in the realization of impermanence. Of course now it's like this commercial as far as impermanence goes:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

yup.. everything comes back full circl.e

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

yea man exactly.

It's like yea you remembered some words to say but what do the words REALLY mean. FEEL it EXPERIENCE it KNOW it.. That's learning.. The thing often called "learning" is memorization of symbolic words, that you can't translate back into knowing no matter how hard you try.

So yea that triggers me a bit haha..

The best you can do with things you will not experience is to try your best to put yourself in those other shoes.. Learning about the revolutionary war, you are not going to get to go there. Imagination is underrated.

like the bottom music video in my signature is a good example.. It's similar to the movies I play when trying to look from the big bang to life to volcanic things heat transfer.. Molecules.. I imagine this crazy video that slows or speeds up to 1000 days in one second or whatever.. Like I really try to understand it better than just "this is the big bang things are like this"

In physics it showed itself as well the first equation we used was probably Speed = distance / time.. And anyone can imagine how that is the correct equation. I kept deriving things from my imagination and starting there I just imagined things and sometimes my equations wouldnt match what we were taught and he would write on my tests like why do you have this number here? Like what is this? Sometimes I combined concepts differently than the way they were on the board.

That's what bugged me about physics.. They give you all the equations and tell you how to use them, so it's just a math class with all word problems at that point.

but you imagine things.. You imagine water molecules vibrating around flowing over each others electrical charges, as it heats up moving faster... And then you are like hot water washes your hands better, yea makes sense...

LOL

by the way that was a good story. See you just explained the concept of truly understanding concepts with a personal story where you understood a concept.

Perfection.

I will stop playing the pocahontas song when I am good and ready !

and by the way me and impermanence have a bad relationship. I've gotten older I'm better at accepting it, but I'm super nostalgia man.. I can come to the greatest hugest sadness just thinking that laugh I did 1 minute ago.. It doesn't exist. It's gone forever. I can make myself cry over little impermanences..
but it's a nice fight we have.. Makes me value special moments even more. Having to move on holds even more beauty it than getting to hold on.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

That's why I suggest not snap judging if one must judge... impermanence see's more yet to come, hang on now wait for it. Also why I said that about picking a specific topic like relativity and watching it... looking at it, then letting it go, doing dishes here's relativity again hey buddy whats up? Oh this this and this one of those ah ha or eureka moments... ok off yah go see you again later... then who knows who long? Hey guess who... oh my old friend relativity hows it going... oh nothing just this this and this, cool thanks see ya later... I have had so many things in cycle doing that, the "hey buddy!" started getting obsurd. GF whatcha thinking about? Um particle physics, the torque specs on my crank case, if that package is going to arrive tomorrow... not so I have gotten the label of cold as all these buddies come to visit... only because oh I'm no where in there am I? I'm talking and smiling at you right now aren't I? Center stage lady. Otherwise, back to hey buddy...

Of course that means i'm not all parnoid and dwelling on them as some focus... I used to do that when I was insecure and clingy and fear would just manifest... wonder if she's doing some dude right now? Only because some had been doing some dude instead of me making me insecure... then I was like well, I don't own or control anyone.

So if they are playing the what the don't know wont hurt them game? The truth ALWAYS comes to the surface... if I had a problem I would talk to them about it, and of course being approachable the same... no matter what I may be doing; drops it... center stage whatcha need? Only pet peeve I got sometimes with that was hands full of grease or oil and texts that said nothing... but not being an ass, clean hands... yep thats fine as agreed no worries, just got my hands full of oil and grease working on a motorcycle love ya be safe... less than 5 minutes later, does it matter if it is instant potatoes instead of raw ones for the mashed potatoes... hands full of oil and grease again... clean them oh no that's fine mashed potatoes are mashed potatoes love ya be safe... 5 mintues later garlic or regular mashed potatoes...

lol I mean it's cute in an edearing way, because they were thinking about me and wanting to please me; but the grease and oil man the grease and oil... so it was kinda undoing the pleasing intended; so it was silly but cute at the same time. Point of view and well seeing that is what was occuring why get upset? If I did... she likely would be well last time I think about pleasing him... and the wedge starts going in; center stage always means center stage for the one you have chosen to be center stage no matter what is occuring. When it's ego driven? Center stage is oneself... and won't see it when someone else is making you center stage because one thinks they already are... so it's anger because what they are doing always has the center stage. Then it's one disagreement after the other... and poof if you is who you want to be with then there you go with you cause bye.

That's why so many people are still single... or stuck in dude maybe they will learn what BBD has just said at some point, and keep poking at them. To be honest, sticking around never would have taught me anything, the time alone from the bye, whether I did it or they did it? Did, in that time out alone not sharing baggage? But looking at why it was heading South into resentment land to no one being happy? However did.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Yup when someone I barely knows goes: I;m Christain or Ima ____ I am no you are it's sales person the doing of it requires no representation. It's why I have no faith or belief... if it's real to you? None required.

edit: It's been the same war every time... so they all have been a "revolutionary" war. Ideology against ideology... same one.

edit on 30-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: edit

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

haha, I just love the name Revolutionary War
like a revolving door sometimes..

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

That's certinaly something to pop the collar about...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Going back to the math part? The thing that was stumping me the most? Was when teachers would use any variable as a variable... like using "t" to represent something out of place when it is synominous with time. X and Y are planes Z is dimension or depth... not just slinging them around into equations they didn't belong screwed me up a lot making me ask those questions... they were a letter is a letter it means nothing just a variable a place holder... but when a very very good math teacher didn't do that? Bam not only did the math make sense the physics did as the variable IS indeed a place holder but it is also a constant as t representing time in the equation type it is supposed to be in.

It was illogical the opposite of what math is supposed to represent making it appear scatological because there was no order in it.

Even with 1+1= one has to see there are hidden varibles not seen in it as X+X= because X is 1 of ANYTHING you want to make it. Of course X and Y are a plane so counting out using X for whole numbers rational for increasing, want to show decreasing then the Y comes out to represent the graph or negative line past zero... want to add depth? Then out comes the Z. Of course in reality... there is nothing without depth so there is no one or two dimensions except in a plane of X add a Y and you get not only a plane but an angle, add the Z well that where the reality of numbers start... the X and Y only really good for computation as the mind has to imagine that 3rd dimension or basically give it depth. 1+1 only equal 2 if we are speaking of X+X... X+Y can never equal 2 except two variables that are not equal. So 1+1=2 is a misnomer... an assumption a false calculation. Exactness is NEVER an implication or an assumption.

Edit: of course X+Y can mean some creativity... X=Bat and Y=Man X+Y= Batman so what may seem absurd? Still ends with some value... even if it means getting sued over someone's beastial combination. Of course never the natural way... some accident. The bat fell on my penis and well roughly 9 bat months later? Holy cow; Batman!

edit on 30-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: edit

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Moin moin.

Just woke up and got me coffee croissants and cigarettes. Normally there are these super growse pictures on it , health hazard warnings and I almost fell backwards from my chair: on my package is a naked man!

? Eek how disgusting, if you smoke you find one of those in your bed? Haha now would be great I wonder how many I have to smoke...

new topics

top topics

<< 315  316  317    319  320  321 >>

join