It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 317
<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think its a natural process, but also a manufactured one. I have very little doubt of that. Just like manipulating airflow can enable us to achieve flight.

From my studies, I believe it started largely unintentionally but eventually became intentional. Marketing is one form of it, but if you can control the extreme spectrums of response (acceptance or rejection) you can directly influence where and what someone will do with the idea.

People usually look at it in terms of something like MK Ultra, where the target does *exactly* as programmed with a very narrow set of behaviors. They receive stimulus "X," then perform behavior "Y" and then "Z." But its more about increasing predictability and reducing novelty in general terms. It may seem subtle, but in practice they are vastly different.

Basically, its about presenting something so that people will either accept or reject it, without introducing any novelty in the process.

There are a lot of examples.. "God" is a good one. As a concept, most will either accept, reject, or be indifferent but none of those options will change what is presented. Even the most fervent athiest is unlikely to seek out answers on their own terms, instead only looking at how "God" as defined by authority figures. They will determine their rejection on the basis of what is presented, rather than what may, or may not be, outside of how the "believers" define it.

If you can control the concept that is accepted or rejected, you can also direct where people will go with it to a great degree of predictability. Its not a matter of absolute control, but steering in a general direction. This minimizes the risk of a novel idea jeapordizing profits and power, essentially.

It is my opinion that the opposite (encouraging novelty) would yield better results, even though it is at the cost of predictability and control. Those that profit the most from the current methods would lose influence, but gain direct improvements in other areas that would likely advance exponentially over time.

You may see me occasionally take part in the typical political discussions around here, but my intent is to introduce some novelty into the loop. It has become significantly less effective over the years, which isn't a great thing. Even when explicitly explaining a divergent concept, it is perceived through the lens of pre-existing archetypes. The response will be exactly the same regardless of what is actually said.

This behavior is most blatantly observed when a member posts according to the thread title and their bias. Frequently, even when corrected, the behavior will persist.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

That's just symbolic of a worldview which is not only very simplistic, but also seems to assume there is one uniform "they" agreeing about all decisions through generations.
That's just not true. My whole life I was encouraged to be creative. Think outside the box. So even inside this "they" there are parties trying to get passed the old concepts. Or I and Reverbs and others wouldn't be here, or wouldn't be the same as we are.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

There are a lot of examples.. "God" is a good one. As a concept, most will either accept, reject, or be indifferent but none of those options will change what is presented. Even the most fervent athiest is unlikely to seek out answers on their own terms, instead only looking at how "God" as defined by authority figures. They will determine their rejection on the basis of what is presented, rather than what may, or may not be, outside of how the "believers" define it.

If you can control the concept that is accepted or rejected, you can also direct where people will go with it to a great degree of predictability. Its not a matter of absolute control, but steering in a general direction. This minimizes the risk of a novel idea jeapordizing profits and power, essentially.

It is my opinion that the opposite (encouraging novelty) would yield better results, even though it is at the cost of predictability and control. Those that profit the most from the current methods would lose influence, but gain direct improvements in other areas that would likely advance exponentially over time.

THAT is exactly it. That's why I keep "confusing" words..
Words in fact are the basis of much programming. I really got into that facet when learning spanish.. languages don't directly translate.. And knowing a language and living in that concept map makes a different world view than another language.

But yea my entire thing is creating novelty with these ideas like God especially.

And I'm always trying to articulate exactly what you said about mkultra and the yes no thing.. When I see a news story it's not is this true or is it a lie, because they already framed the entire story. I have to look at it from multiple sources and then reframe it in my own way and then decide what I think about it in paragraph or longer length.

One way I look at novelty increasing is in music. When musicians stopped making huge amounts of money easily and in turn the record companies.. THat's when way more people started making music.. And then people hearing that music made their own, and over time it's this recombination of things that makes it new again.

I really don't think we are that far off from breaking through many of these shells.

And on the mice retaining memories they were never alive to have but their parents were.
This was my dad's entire dissertation. He found 100s of studies on children raised away from their parents and they are just born that way.. A dad who is an amazing pianist has a son who if shown a piano can take off at hyper speeds.

But then again epigenetics seem even more important than genetics and then there are all the types of nurture.. IT's a big mixed bag..

We are self realizing AIs...

it's just at that point you get to, I would call it the first step of "enlightenment" where you all the sudden wake up in your life and you are like wait what why am I me? Lucky or not for me this happened at the age of four and it's haunted me ever since.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's just symbolic of a worldview which is not only very simplistic, but also seems to assume there is one uniform "they" agreeing about all decisions through generations.
That's just not true. My whole life I was encouraged to be creative. Think outside the box. So even inside this "they" there are parties trying to get passed the old concepts. Or I and Reverbs and others wouldn't be here, or wouldn't be the same as we are.

of course nothing is a monolith. I mean there were two separate powers after me for what ever reason. But there does seem to be an old guard.. Maybe people who kept knowledge through the last catyclism which according to egyptian priests told through a greek historian the last catyclism was the great flood, but that had record of 4 others before it.

Call them atlantians.

But obviously in a group like that you will have white hats and black hats and grey hats and purple hats even!

I think the war on native peoples with their own versions of the spirit realm was no accident.

But I'm also not super depressed about where we are either.
This is a great time to be alive, and I'm excited seeing what I never thought I would 10 years ago..
I keep finding new people who are really on the ball moving forward with humanitys fate.

I feel like....

Winning!

But in any case I am not trying to follow a storyline and try and be the hero in that story.. I'm just trying to write a different story altogether. Play their game and you're going to lose, so instead of reacting to them like resisting, go against something.. Be for something else. I think a peace march is 10 times better than an anti war march.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Good point, I guess a lesson that should be front page font size infinite on all life-manuals:

Going against something is not rebellious but surrendering to the programming

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Since the is talk about Brexiting the UN by the US again; I may add Bush jr. was trying to do the same thing... finding it too restrictive, hard to set up a dictatorship if one is a member state in it ya know. The establishment has come to see the UN as this:

When we see the establishment as this

So what is the difference? Well look at the U.N. constitution on human rights; and we are not wrong in our estimation of the establishment in many countries.

Of course people want to use excuses as the talking heads pander harder to make the U.N. like this:

The U.N. was supposed to be the global council for world peace and one world nation; if we could get our sh!t together... but corporate interests.

Here's the dirty deal about lobbies; remember snake oil that magical cure all stuff? Well, Coke came out on top being full of well coke... and since monopolies were barred pepsi. So that means as long as there are two huge conglomerates over the entire industry... all the money made from that coke was used to lobby themselves into a virtual monopoly and well not liking competition... everything became one giant pyramid scheme of conglomerates each corp head a brick at the top owning all the others beneath it or laughing at competition as it spreads out into countries not having their coke or if they do? Buy them out.

If someone tries the same exact scheme lower on the totem pole; it gets called a ponzi scheme, or pyramid scheme same diff.

Thats what the new world order structuring is; there is a military one, food one, etc etc where we make planes, bombs, food, medicine, and sell them, you make planes etc. and sell them, they make planes etc. and sell them... and well countries wanting "protection" think they need them and the etc., so they play war games etc. highest bidder whatever.

Same with anything ran corporate style; and well thats what the entire planet is and those resisting are the one's getting called stuck in the stone age or dark age basically one extreme against the other extreme. Both extremes operate under the same totalitarian manner, whether based in reality or make believe they still subject and subjugate the masses to the ends to meet their agendas and demands.

So what does this mean for all of us "cogs" well... it is this:

but add that same image:

over

and over

and over

and what is the damned difference if it is one or hundreds, each country having one of these?

Wiggle room? Ha

Same damned thing either way... mass casualty to still essentially live under this:

edit on 29-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Nothing is deadlier than ideologies. It's what makes people hate and fear.
Once we got a working theory about life, the universe and everything, which is just as obviously true as 2+2=4 we made one huge step towards the liberation of mankind from this hierarchical infestation driving us towards madness.

Alternative facts that's the devil. Propaganda the WMD. Ideologies the only enemy I will ever kill.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Obama called Trump a pragmatist saying he wasn't an ideologue like practically everyone else, one either side of the asile... where ideological adherents are either yes or no based on their own interests or group in a sort of pryamid scheme of the "self" no middle in there in cognitive dissonace.

Of course ideologues believe in ideals... well ideals cannot exist. They seek a permanence; and the only permanence they will find in ideology? Cognitive dissonance... the ability to deny no matter what else comes at them to say or prove otherwise. Even if it is to extend a hand in co-operation or agree to disagree live and let live... but no ideologues just take a breather turn around and try yet again...

Many times that means recruitment or breeding directly into it in what? Brainwashing and programming... that yes all your dreams can come true but... the extreme is out there fighting against us... and that US and finger pointing makes a them... so there's the two huge ones of "god" and "devil" this place would be paradise if we could just kill all opposition to it that we see as devils and demons.

Pure 100% unadulterated tripe, and it is a trope that has been occuring in the human population; running around subjecting and subjugating everyone to this make believe that washes no one's dishes... as like all talk it is just talk. Of course so much talking? Someone is going to step on their own dick from time to time and have to regroup rebuff or feign ignorance... because they can't remember all the sh!t they talked in trying to meet that agenda they had in mind from go.

So well, when the mortar ceases holding the brick in the wall and the gravity of the situation starts pulling it out? Denial clings as hard as it can; but the inevitbility that what is clung too will end, one will cease to be a brick in that wall no matter how strong the mortar or what they cling too in ideology. It just isn't permanence just isn't reality except to impermanence... those two are in an unbreakible bond that we nor anything else can separate... we can try to emmulate but without imbracing impermance? Any notion of permanence is futile... but when one embraces impermanence as the natural order itself, and the idea we can have some permanence... in this fleeting business? Smack down... nope all is subject to decay.

Everything grasped no matter what ideology gone... such a thing can only be passed like a virus on down through generation after generation. Yet Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed etc. has not washed one single persons dishes since they have died... sure you could have been thinking about this character while doing dishes but hey sponge bob is closer to doing them than any of those in reality because not only is he make believe? He is also a god damned sponge... so are all the proponents of these other religions that talk it but they just suck up money, life, and ones time.

No one needs them to be a functional member of society. Unless you are the creator(s) of those dishes or sponge bob then kudos you have added something to society... the reasoning? Is there is doing behind it, since we do all of this sh!t ourselves and to ourselves? No one else too blame stop perpetuating the insane of making make believe or fiction "real"... generation after generation and it will get better. Not like there's many employees to fire out of a "church" anyway.

edit on 29-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

There most certainly is a uniform "they" agreeing about decisions over generations, though I would say "us" is perhaps more accurate. The very concept is our Cultural Story. Something that is easy to mistake as a reductionist approach due to the very issues it attempts to transcend. This is incredibly useful in that it allows us to introduce a variable into the equation which is significantly more accurate and expansive.

Meaning, some concepts are considered so universal that many people never even take a moment to examine them in their entire lives. Something like fire being hot is usually seen as so basic that it escapes the conversation about information that is agreed upon over generations. One of the goals of the Cultural Story concept is to prevent these things from falling to the wayside, and examine them alongside increasingly individual perspectives in order to give a more accurate picture.

However, it seems you might also be taking what I'm saying as some sort of comprehensive examination of the topic when it is instead a very brief, cursory outline of a very complex topic. In that respect, calling it simplistic means I have succeeded (in a sense, at least).

It is an immensely difficult topic to understand or discuss, given that it is essentially the human experience on both the individual and collective levels. In this specific corner of the conversation, that is coupled with memetic and social engineering, which certainly do not require any sort of monolithic structure to operate. Taking what I'm saying at face value, without any personal extrapolation or tying it into many previous posts, may lead to conflating a great many aspects of the topic.

Perhaps it would be most effective to take a step back, and look at the statement of "thinking outside the box." In essence, this is defined by what is perceived to be in the box thinking. The very idea is problematic from the start, and even precludes any novelty which could arise from in the "box." The issue is that "thinking outside the box" then becomes synonymous with novelty, when it is not.

Just as pertinent is examining and identifying the boundaries that contain what is thought to be "out of the box," because it is in just as much of a box as anything else. The limits of a couple of boxes up from that are where I think the conversation needs to take place. To start, at least.

Jumping back to the engineering, the topic becomes about largely unintended consequences of those that are building those boxes. Something as simple as effective marketing of a product can end up building the supporting brackets for a wall that is built through something like political manipulation to gain votes.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Very true... if we look at all the cheeseburgers eaten, yesterday, today and tomorrow? It will look like kinda like this as the concept of it in revolution or cycle that it is in...

going away dissapearing and returning, but the ego mind takes it as a singular entity as if they are eating the only one there is as it is occuring.

Obviously, it took so much just to bring it to that state of cheeseburger... so we have seasame seeds doing the same thing, the grain for the bread, the water to make the dough, the cow and it's full process, the people involved not eating it, the roads, I mean an entire chain of inifinity circulating on it's own accord in the exact same way to hold what appears to be the only one to a self.

So minimization? Um yeah... so many infinite circles or cycles, and here we sit on our little throne of self? Not thinking of any of it; entitled lil assholes of expectation without any real thought to the infinite cycles that bring what appear as infinite cycles.

In that sort of dissonance? Things go extinct... the illusion that there is an inifinte supply of them. Of course typically someone wakes up a bit from this when a death occurs; whoas that's the only one of those I know of *poof* gone. Even though all one will ever know of them? Those limited ego concepts and attachments one has taken of as them; and not really them.

Of course when such is the case? How we show someone who we are in expression of being... kinda becomes the utmost importance; if we do not show them an accurate picture of who we are? Then we fall into the insignificance or significance, and to think... most people shape or have a snap opinion or judgment of someone for the rest of their experience of them; as one sided one faceted limited by less than 5 seconds of them... the bat of an eye and poof you are pegged. Not everyone is that way of course... but when the self is made the center of the universe and everything else insignificant or there to serve them requiring some manipulation or control to get it... then that is the inheritance we keep, and as long as one lives in such a manner judging or acting with intent or based on ones experience of us? That's all they will know and all we will leave as a legacy.

The thing is whether that impression positive or negative? Leaves just as much of a lasting impression; enough to think we can recognize it in an instant or at least under 5 seconds.

Talk about type casting and people get upset about profiling? If humanity is going to choose group conglomerates, statistics, groups and labels to divide each other up? Then that's exactly what we inherit as well as the group judment and also the individual judgement... so however many lines one wants to tow or label themselves and others with? The more ties and binds to that very system... so yeah when clinging and attached the wrong way to each other? We are going to miss a lot as ego see's a one sided view, to what is multifaceted... of course the longer observed, and the more someone shows you the same thing over and over again? Then the habitual of it can become something to depend on from them occuring.

When such happens then expectation arises; and then we type cast or peg them in the same manner... of course there is a point when one can see enough; it is when they have pegged you down into a onefaceted individual and judge you from their own limited point of view... one cheeseburger... when every single last one of them? Even in GIF from? Not the same as the last; because countless things have arisen and past in the moment in which it is revolving... different moment in time... gone done over, and yet another moment arises appearing as the same, when it isn't and never ever could be.

That is the ultimate reductionism. The idea of permanence when it hasn't ever existed... recalling it in memory is the ghost; the more brought up or recalled? The attempt to make it persist to become permanent or basically clinging. So what slows one down the clinging; eventually from becoming so polarized we get stuck and the interesting thing? Is the only thing that sticks to someone then? Is expressed just like the magnet... the other extreme or duality.

So not attached? All of it passes right on through... loved and appreciated in it's arising and loved and appreciated for it's passing. Balance... chaos and order the same thing, unattached.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It's kind of funny I have no idea where this came into my life from.. No clue.. But I got this idea and I don't think I made it up I must have gotten it somewhere I think.. So I decided, what if fire isn't hot? It is true I can leave my finger in fire longer than others well I can leave my skin in flame as long as it's moved slowly.. Of course I imagine it's only a function of heat transfer, and flame to skin is not like metal to skin.. Much more temperature needed to have the same level of heat transfer which mostly relys on mass, and air has little..

but then again.. What if I was better at not believing that? That fire was hot. There are other things I am better at changing the story on but sticking with fire.. Have you guys ever gone into altered states of consciousness where fire does not work ?
Or have you ever bent space time so hard the energy broke your TV? Things like this have happened to me. My energy was so strong I thought everyone in the world would feel the tidal wave. That was at least 5 times stronger than any other time I've "let the force flow through me" My body outline disappeared. But I was not having an out of body experience. I was in the same physical location, but I "I" spread out, and I was "through the TV" In fact I spread out I think past my ability to be aware of how far I spread out. Again that's in my head, but if that wasn't real then the color red has a much less chance of being real just based on the energy level.

The weird aspect is, did I make it all up? Am I delusional? The TV stayed broken after that. The TV had worked perfectly just hours before when I finished the third matrix movie. It was about 1 year old. the fire worked as soon as I was centered in my body again.

That is of course why someone like me might be very dangerous to "castles made of sand"

Funny I was going to link jimi hendrix so of course his song castles made of sand does not seem to exist on youtube? I've listened 100s of times.. I lost my CD

Castles made of sand

Oddly enough I picked a video at random with high enough ratings in the science fiction section of some streaming service, which I need to cancel..

Anyway it's called "EarthBound"

It reminded of me through the entire movie.
Another movie that reminds me of me is nicholas cage vampire movie.. I think it may be called vampire kiss.

If anyone is bored I recommend Earthbound. Also if you watch it you will understand how I've felt these last few years and why I keep resisting the woo. I don't want to give it away it was really well done. Personal taste maybe but it's the best movie I've seen in awhile.. Not on production value or anything.. I think it's a UK movie.. Seemed like it.. Anyway it's great.

Here's my issue with the two concepts above.
1)mind over matter
2)delusions

Both must be real right?

How do you know the difference and if there is a difference does it matter?

How do you separate the two?

Those questions make much more sense in the context I'm asking after watching Earthbound and or experiencing my life.

I want to think I made it all up.. I didn't sleep enough someone was in my ear telling me things.. But it doesn't explain electronics playing songs that are not on the CD in front of other people, and I wasn't the one who noticed. IT doesn't explain a lot of things, but maybe it's possible I could be so delusional the entire thing never happened?

I don't understand how to tell.

My intuition tells me it was real with a layer of manipulation on top. And that I was being led down a path that seemed like the same path I was always on, but this other path had a dead end.. Like I was being tricked grabbing for the fruit too early. And it was a false fruit.

Every time I post here I wonder what people think of me. But I keep posting anyway.

But yea that movie explained it so well.

as far as mind control stuff.. Car radios existed from the time people had instruments... Or probably when someone first sang a song. OR actually from the first talking.. That concept of listening to something on a long journey hasn't changed, only the way to do it has. Only the tech has..

I don't think people get how deep these things go, and I presume that's why their reality is more solid than mine. But from their angle what I am saying is I don't have a firm grip on reality.. Take your angle. I don't know, I keep hedging my bets, but at some point I'm going to have to decide which way to go with this.

My brother once said to me in the midst of the super strange. towards the end though. He said "what's the point if you can change things if it's only in YOUR world?" At the time I was arguing parallel worlds and that even if I'm in a different one you are now you still we are all here so I'm not in my own world. Me and him have both experienced many of the same thins in life, but we are like mirror opposites. He always goes super straight edge/denial.. And I go super woo/did I make it up?

But what if that is the entire point?

To make it up ?

"And so castles made of sand, fall in the sea, eventually."
edit on 29-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

That's all non attachment is; all the concepts gone, eye consciousness sees but does not discriminate what is sees so it shifts and blends and twists, the ear does not label what it hears it blends it shifts it twists... in dream or unconscious all of that is mind created from those concepts, but the senses fail sometimes and like tripping over a cord one doesn't see? They then fly instead of fall or something weird when it is purging the conceptual using the conceptual.

This is what I mean by observing; seeing the dream experiencing the dream but not attaching to it by eye, ear, nose and mouth dream and wake sort of the same, yet there are those attached to you... that keep it "real" by not in the conceptual. This is a state of where grace arises as hey you're 100% free to be anything and everything all at once at all times in any reality there is... yet others attachment not ended? Their concepts still binding them? Hell, so either rage or empathy results... of course this is something totally beyond ones own control except in how they simply be, things arise things pass that's the natural order. Everything does it... down to the smallest distance and time which are the same thing conceptually.

So existing as anothers attachment outside of attachment? Then grace and empathy until their attachment dissolves... even if there is no peace in it, as it is they perpetuating their own suffering, and being a part of their world? The same. So life still goes on... whomevers bubble or world you exist in? That's how you will exist to them... when Siddartha conquered Mara or death? That's when all attachment ended for him; not for everyone else, his becoming ceased... his bubble popped, the dream or illusion ended, so where did he exist then? In the arising and passing of others experience as each of them could comprehend him, and in their attachment of various ways? Tried to understand or grasp what it was they were experiencing... grasping, attached see the issue?

So of course he was not concerned about eating pork; he knew the womans intent before eating it... and in a moment of compassion for himself and herself let matter and anti matter collide allowing both of them to be happy... of course all the others attached? Sad to see him go; but it was a window out and he took it. The window out? Everyone still clinging to death and birth; not having yet faced Mara for liberation from becoming, could accept the concept of well yeah eating poisoned sh!t will kill ya... and those that had gone beyond and equal to him in realization? We are strong enough and realized enough thanks to your teaching to carry it on. That's what the whole lamp business is all about, he was the finger not the moon to which he was pointing.

Same crap with christ etc. but everyone loves the finger so much? Mistaking it as the truth... wtf is someone going to do? Continue to develop; my abbot is super famous in Thailand tens of thousands of people go to meet him at the airport... here? More like paradise he can actually get some peace... sometimes I get the same feeling; if I decided to abandon my duty here to those, that only see one side of me... them. But seeing how that is typically the case? Even without full realization... meh it is what it is. Time.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I let "the force flow thru me" for selfish purposes..i know its real. it has real tangible effects on my mind and body.

I wouldn't call it a "delusion".. it serves a purpose. my visions are not hallucinations..im not hallucinating.

I would say its good that you have your brother around. sounds like yin and yang. keeping you grounded. its good to have an anchor, lest you slip away into unkown parts of the sea.

I have my own anchor that I live with, if it weren't for them I might get lost hin there.

I just looked at the clock and it said 12:13 and was surprised cause I just looked at the clock and it was like 7:30.

its like ur attaching your spirit chord to the stream of conschiousness outlet.

anyway. I think delusions are just aftershocks of problems or trauma. the altered states of consciousness are like little whispers lessons trying to teach you something about yourself. dropping hints like an easter egg hunt.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

The delusion or illusion is all of that we attach to it; that doesn't change it in anyway shape or form except to one point of view... our own. Stopping that well, only the illusion or layers of crap we throw on and associate with it's arising in experience as real... all the same sort of stuff will arise there's just no limitation imposed on it. It gets to remain infinite in it's arising as brand new each time it comes into awareness, not all the stuff limiting it which limits ourselves in those lil illusions... kinda like going back to watch something we saw when we were young, something you really liked or didn't and guess what both are different you and it; and that's just the nature of it each and every time... the only difference? Time has ellasped for both.

Here's my woo... of that from a non-attachment stand point. I've seen whatever or heard whatever and know I have but don't recall a single thing about it as it is being experienced again.

The connotations of that song aside as topic... the "feels like the first time" is the meaning to be extracted.

edit on 29-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

I let "the force flow thru me" for selfish purposes..i know its real. it has real tangible effects on my mind and body.

I wouldn't call it a "delusion".. it serves a purpose. my visions are not hallucinations..im not hallucinating.

I would say its good that you have your brother around. sounds like yin and yang. keeping you grounded. its good to have an anchor, lest you slip away into unkown parts of the sea.

I have my own anchor that I live with, if it weren't for them I might get lost hin there.

I just looked at the clock and it said 12:13 and was surprised cause I just looked at the clock and it was like 7:30.

its like ur attaching your spirit chord to the stream of conschiousness outlet.

anyway. I think delusions are just aftershocks of problems or trauma. the altered states of consciousness are like little whispers lessons trying to teach you something about yourself. dropping hints like an easter egg hunt.

mmm I completely agree.

I especially agree about delusions being aftershocks of trauma which is why I'm questioning what I went through.
And at the same time my easter egg hunt always has good results.

So I must be on to something.

that was cool to read. Thank you.

edit on 30-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

weird for me nothing feels like the first time..

It's like I've done this exact thing millions of times.

IT also feels like I am failing again. But that feeling has little meaning if I don't know what failing is or what it pertains to, but I feel it. Could be psychological only as my dad was always making me feel like nothing. Or even worse than nothing.

but if it's not that psychological feeling. My intuition says I've done this before.. And until I learn I'm stuck in the same class.. Like I'm 30 in middle school not quite able to pass 8th grade grammar or something like that.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Well, depends on the focus... if it is on ones own business yeah, it will feel old trite and boring... that doesn't mean focus on other business, like the gossip sort of thing. But dang this person keeps falling down and I see why or something is obscured, here's a hand or what's being hidden? Because something is off... it's why I wasn't getting you... protecting those you love, and concern for their safety still on your mind and concern so not wanting to say too much? Offers that protection... So my apologies for rooting it out like wtf is up, something is off and not making sense... and it is going to come back and bite my friend whatever this is. Of course, the trying to stop getting bitten was the why. Over my head... but seen clearly now.

A friend of mine's father has a way of trying to reduce him down to nothing or make him feel stupid; usually such a thing comes from some position of authority; like you will always be the child no matter what and in that position I have every right to judge you or keep you under me in that pecking order out of insecurity but, perhaps holding him to that in his entire life of this is what I would have done? Has been what has limited his son and has caused him to fail time and time again... in such a way his father gets to keep his position of power and authority over him while his son has to cope or struggle to become his equal... yeah stressful, so what does my friend do? Mirrors that same behavior on those around him, so that he doesnt feel insecure and can feel above others... weird thing is? He hates his dad and mocks him and tries to trip him up like ah ha youre not as sart as you claim to be...

It has become some sort of rivalry... but all his dad has to say? I finished college and pie right back in the face... of course when such a thing occurs in his behavior to his friends? He doesn't want anyone to rise above him, so his opinion rules and is very competitive. But also oddly encouraging I mean even asshoes have good qualities or else they would be alone; friends are typically freinds because yes I can over look this quality because they have some that redeem them otherwise meh too much hassle... when that is family? Death or moving far far away is the only hope for escape :p

That's the weird thing about many interpersonal relationships... the non equality in feelings and emotions to be important as one's own, in empathy yeah you cheer lead them and hope they do the same, with no idea that oh no you can't rise "above" me... in some weird dominance power play of ego nonsense. I helped three women graduate college cheerleading them on; of course reciprocation of such things is nice and healthy... I'd my last ex of nearly 4 years if we weren't moving in opposite directions at the time. I didn't want to live in S.C. she didn't either we promised 2 years and then she said one more... I said ok, then she wants to buy a house there... stops birth control and well sir, I had the lemme get a baby trick out of you without discussing it first occur once before... she knew I'd embrace it, if that occured... but that was her moving in the direction her parents wanted and not really her... same as before, um yeah love you good luck not the same direction.

Single now; only because aside from being a dutiful son in this hell of a living will? I'm also building on my future... I didn't expect to get stalled from the living will business... but have, and that's ok I've learned way more than I ever could have expected, by slowing down and taking my time on my art project RV then I can take the time to plan it right not rush and really do it the way I want to do it. While alone is not something I would choose if the situation were different it is what it is... I am honor bound and if that wasn't the case? My sister and her husband and family would be underwater drowning in debt right now... the thing dragging feet now? Youngest sister... she threw a huge fit wanting it all, I was given it all but I said no... not fair. Of course the parents being who they are? May have said the same thing to her... playing the who loves us more game and nonsense.

I'm like I have my own crap to focus on so I am just here one way or the other... til it's settled but if my stuff is done before then? Whatever, the "dad" wants to be in Florida years ago now... with the only family he ever wanted; his church one... of course "mother" wants to be here with her "family" so everyone except the older sister and her husband are effing miserable.

Living wills are a trainwreck and the meanest most vile thing one could do to one's family in my honest experience... it drags everyone right into the damned grave with them, and no one is there yet. It makes everyone buzzards on everyone. Out of greed and fuels hate instead of well, Merry Christmas have fun and live... and some wonder why I have taken the position of dead already, like best I just live like that myself... because until this is cleared up? No one is really living... except in selfish agony. The side benefit if there is one? After all of this is finally all over... I wont miss a single damned one of them alive or dead, none of them have shown themselves as family. Not even the oldest sister; she walked right by my door yelling at me calling me selfish three times... well, we know the story on that now don't we? I could have taken dear ol "dads" offer.

Silly sh!t nonsense to be honest... but eh not my doing.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Well, you got me 100% on this last post.

except I am lucky to be alive.
And that part is not easy to transcribe online.

And THAT is why I always try to build people up. I know what it can do.

If normal is 50 and awesome is 100 and completely messing everything up is 0

If you try not to mess up you are trying to not get UNDER 50.
If you try do be awesome You are trying to get OVER 50.

That's writing your own life instead of resisting a life you've been fed.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Well, not attached to hearing then of course there arises psychic hearing... not being attached to what is seen? Then it is just seen... I can report what has been seen or heard not attached to either as it arises and passes... like every single day there is the sound of some dude on some PA system that sounds oh maybe 50 yards away but seems to rotate... sometimes drums sometimes music, but none of it decifered as it is arising unattached it is just there in experience, nothing I lay eyes on gets a name to the form, except out and it is someone I know... hey "name" do not even think just go about my business knowing how to do all of the business that I do, coffee gets made none of any step involved thought about in any of it.

Of course reading online? I respond to what I read give some input... the rare occasion I do go anywhere? I speak in cordial with those wanting to talk. But the oh so very many multiple realities that I have seen rise and fall... I have even seen a picture of me and someone I know sitting on a bed holding twin boys... one of a house project I thought of not long after being told all of it was mine; and I planned it out then thought wait I don't want to count those chickens before they hatch, it was greedy and hateful so back on the path putting it out of mind... picture shows up? Back yard project sort of in completion but collapsed like mentally build part of the way then abandoned.

Woo if I was attached... not woo not attached, the thing is attaching to any of that? Suffering starts and a lot of it... focusing on what needs to be done for me, and not being greedy or hateful? No suffering arises. Of course in non-attachments as said so many realities and re-iterations observed... so lucky to be alive... that moment when you said you might have died things were weird; you attached to mother and younger brother eh? I attached to my son and the last woman I hugged and kissed, the one that finally seemed worthy to match some sanity equal and rational... left herself open showed me her weak spot the contrived nonsense of self basement oh maybe it's because I am on my period... I rolled my eyes at her so hard like I took every slap in the face that she has ever heard that as a you can't be you or express your feelings cause whomever didnt want to hear them. Made me look at all the burden I was carrying... this living will crap; hell if my parents were any kind of awesome theyd have settled it and she and I may have had some life or reality nearly two years now...

Seen myself alive and dead and killed hundreds of times; to where hey one moment to the next not attached it arises and passes and things change, hell all of it changes and Im just here witnessing it... seen one of the dad killing everyone with a gun just to get his way to go to florida to be where he wanted, youngest sister the same, and I mean about every single iteration possible. Yet not attached poof like a dream... never happened but still experienced as if it had.

Yeah foot in both worlds but when not attached to one then it becomes all others arising and passing instead... so alive or dead doesn't matter cause yeah been there done that in these iterations over and over and over, not complaining not whinning just here we are again until whatever works itself out... but not influencing it in that non attachment.

Some may say well maybe you should and they have... but that pain... I mean I have had limbs cut off not felt it, but attached the knife hurts, the needles etc stick and it is so very not cool. Universal exeriment? Heh whatever it's already done it's worst countless times over and over and over also done it's best... but not from time taking its natural course without interference from me. That would require grasping, becoming and all the suffering and crap with it I have observed.

So grab a concept? No fing thanks. I just watch what others have tried to make it in the difference... one neat thing has been feeling energies I am familiar with... my abbot I call big toe; his energy, the Dalai Lamas energy, among others I care to merge or entertain. The families no because it is nothing but pain and misery I mean nearly over half my life with them was way way way more than enough.

Of course; they try to pull out lists of triggers that have made me react in the past... these disembodied voices at a distance or "the other side" woo... it's almost like yeah dude I am dead and it's like being a haunted tour say this stupid nonsense and you'll provoke the spirit or haunting lol... to that I would be do you Mofo not understand wtf rest in peace means stop being dicks... otherside would be otherside like not in my reality at all except when being dicks so stop it try being nice. Carry out your nonsense cause whta has changed in reality or realativity to me? Nothing not attached just here.

Yeah might sound like a mind fark but hey... walked the path and it finished but others still walking and grasping... so point? That's the path if it's not yours go on about your business... if it is what the hell does that have to do with me? Buddha lay the same one down... 4 noble truths yes this crap sucks if attached, im not... just here that's it. 8 fold path is when the world basically had no borders an ethical code to not get f-ed in the A crossing all those different ideologies... causing oneself useless or senseless trouble.

edit on 30-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Anaana

YAY!

Nice to know that someone else likes hearing bout da old times!!

Even I didn't know some of the facts. Nice that I could share with you.

I am reading "Ethnobotany: Evolution of a Discipline" edited by the legendary Richard Evans Schultes, reading up on his background I came across this and it really tickled me, thought you might appreciate it too...

When William Burroughs described his ayahuasca visions as an earth-shaking metaphysical experience, Schultes famously replied, "That's funny, Bill, all I saw was colors."

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join