It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 224
<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Atum is the Earth. his eye is the fire, as his eye later beomes the eye of RA. He sends his eye out to light up the dark so he can find the Air and Water, and then gets jealous of their sex. but don't get too caught up in egyptian myths it's one tangled web, haha because of all the different traditions, upper and lower egypt new and old kingdoms... greek influence egyptian influence on the greeks..

Remember adam is made out of "clay" ..Earth.

In hermeticism which I went into for a time air mediates the balance of water and fire, and the earth element is sort of what makes things "reality" physical.. So as an aside Jinn are thought of as air and fire.. They appear as smoke.. Like the Genie in Aladin. genie.. Jinn.. demon.. And they don't have the Earth element humans are created from, so they don't have a physical form.

Why the waters are also the nothing or the dark.. Water and Fire are polar principals though not exact opposites, as there is negative water and negative fire.. anyway.. water is contraction darkness cold.. Fire is expansion light heat. it's sort of yin and yang I guess.

just speaking on things I've read, I don't really care much for any one of the ways of understanding this, I'm just pointing out that basically all of these things are talking about the same thing.

I just went down this path because I was making an allegory of christianity.

And yes the movie was called Brave. I liked it a lot. haha
edit on 20-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I feel like she knows things about me and I don't know how. Maybe i'm just noticing coincidences.
I have a feeling someone hacked into the smart phone in my house, although I think that's just paranoia on my part.

edit on 20-9-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
sorry

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Golfin' with Dolphins.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
sorry

not feeling up to leaving that there.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Don't ever feel like you need to reveal secrets that could put your safety in jeopardy.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
One cannot forget chaos in such a discussion...

Chaos was, according to Greek mythology, the origin of everything, and the first thing that ever existed. It was the primordial void, the source out of which everything was created, including the universe and the gods. The first primordial deities that emerged out of Chaos were Gaea (earth), Tartarus (underworld) and Eros (love), while later Erebus (darkness) and Nyx (night) also popped out. According to Hesiod, Chaos was also a place, much like Tartarus and the Heavens later, beyond which the Titans lived.
Chaos Is also called Chaos, Haos, Khaos, Arche.

When one stills the mind then all of creation is kicked out and the void experienced as no-thing it just is as an experience but what is experiencing as there is no who or what in it... as that void stretches out it becomes all pervasive space that is always a part and never separate from all things.

So looking at what gets called a big bang... all of this energy or mass condensed in a black hole or void so once all matter is resolved in such a void then there eventually becomes no space between and space ceases to exist inside so it all is expelled outside and in that instant matter and antimatter meet and well the rest is history and the future we keep grasping in various ways with the experience of life separate but one all trying to remember the unity all energy once shared without any feeling of void or emptiness.

But it requires experiencing the void or emptiness to finally start becoming whole... with practice emptiness and form or void and wholeness are no different in being, as they are one and the same yet this occurs all the time in unawareness... as there is a constant unity despite all the appearance of separation.

Contact is the experience of this entire unity, contact of the eye consciousness, contact of the ear consciousness, contact of the tongue consciousness, contact of the nose consciousness, contact of contact itself all sorted and filed in the individual mind as the self and the self one has is either of these 3 or a combination in samsaric existence
the beginning-less cycle of repeated birth, mundane existence and dying again that all beings pass through.)

Sattva is the quality of balance, harmony, goodness, purity, universalizing, holistic, constructive, creative, building, positive attitude, luminous, serenity, being-ness, peaceful, virtuous.

Rajas is the quality of passion, activity, neither good nor bad and sometimes either, self centeredness, egoistic, individualizing, driven, moving, dynamic.

Tamas is the quality of imbalance, disorder, chaos, anxiety, impure, destructive, delusion, negative, dull or inactive, apathy, inertia or lethargy, violent, vicious, ignorant.

All three of these can be an awakened being but not any combination of them as that is existence in samsara. Of course the awakened beings that keep this whole cycle going varies... and few of them want to move position to incarnate back into samsaric existence the reason being is number one they are free of it number two is they want equals, the only place such can become equals is at the table of the mind to resolve all differences found with ones very own being.

To do so one becomes no different when such is resolved... however, despite any inner resolution; little pieces of them are still in other existing beings... they all hold a purpose as natural forces when looked at in nature... when they become our nature it is an embodiment of these natural forces... that we call life.

Unawareness of this brings oneself suffering known as Samsara itself, awareness of this is still not resolving of this as there are countless beings or pieces out there to be resolved...

So when one has resolved, it it best to urge others to resolve and the best way to do that is to come together as one in the experience of the void and this experience is not one that anyone can hand you simply point the way but the way has been pointed at in so very many ways that they are as many as the vectors of every single bit of matter in the entire universe.

All entangled in this contact that is never separate and never together in the experience of all pervasive space except in individual awareness of being.

This has simply been my observation when looking at the experience of having walked many paths and having sat with a firm resolve until it finally resolved itself... of course such is a matter when the entire world turns itself inside out and all that is reflections without any apparent origin, I am simply pointing at the origin that is in a constant repeating cycle without any seeming beginning nor end on the micro or macro cosmic scale... that occurs in relative time to the consciousness observing at the time of it's contact...

All of these words are a reflection of concepts, each and everyone of them have a conceptual meaning that has to come together to mean anything, and without understanding the meaning of each and every individual word then there is no comprehension of them in total.

If there is a running dialog in the mind will reading these words then one is adding to it and not comprehending them in total. The same practice of non comprehension also often occurs when listening to another person... such is the mind of duality, when the duel inside of one's own contact of experience ends then one can listen fully and comprehend what another has to say and use wisdom and experience to then help resolve it or at least point to what will or remain silent if one has not experienced whatever it is the person is speaking of... in such a manner one is not interfering in their attempt to resolve it like Mara did assuaging the Buddha and simply sit there as an example as a reflection of stillness and peace.

The shadow has learned such a thing very well always there as a silent reflection to oneself trying to resolve their own inner lights of being. When that flips inside to outside then one simply spreads the many lights of being known as the rainbow body and the shadow goes inside and finally gets some peace where the void used to be... that is the core of all matter that gives weight to the rest in empathetic understanding.

Take care and the same returns back to you, give concern and it will become cause for one.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Samsara... oh that is a wonderful topic that touches many (if not all) things.

Sattva, Raja, Tamas. The Id, the Ego, the Super Ego. Mer (light), Ka (spirit), Bah (or 'Ba', body). Animal (cowardly lion), vegetable (the scarecrow), Mineral (the tin man). Mind, Body, and Soul. Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato! Seems there are many aspects of the same idea from culture to culture. I like the idea of Samsara the cyclic wandering in the ever present now with the possibility of breaking the snake's ouroboros death grip on its own tail trough achieving Nirvana (I'm on a Plane!). If not, back for another go around (You're in high school again). That is so experiential and seems more appropriate than going to a special house on Sunday to "hear the softly spoken magic spells".

Hello Samsara my only friend...

PS - Chaos is the mayo holding my BLT together in Samsara! Let them eat Cake!

edit on 21-9-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

hahahaha

YES!

perfect random 10 out of 10 fruit roll ups on reference material, and 1.5 out of 2 giggling dragons for humor.

and that's one of my favorite songs.

I listen as plane not plane.. And I'm on a plane, so I can't comlain either.

My day off and have to clean the house.. It's a Nirvana day indeed!

Floyd the Barber
edit on 21-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If one Ouroboros lost it's head in infinity then the 8 divided is still infinity so why lose ones head over it just to make a point... nothing to relive of high school days once the beak has broken through the pecking order and simply finds order and stops seeking it freedom takes wings of love to find a nest worthy of bird brains and the headless snake flops around inside it without a single thought other than to eat what looks to be bothering it not to open a whole can of worms but phishing makes a good tackle of ideas as long as they feed the world and not greed hunger will resolve itself on many combinations of words echoed throughout all time agreeable, disagreeable and like a drunk it takes wisdom to know the difference.

The lions roar is a good publication but there is also a website.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Nirvana, Samsara, and Karma! Another group of 3!

For some reason I like Mr. Moustache! And Chris' intro quoting the Youngbloods, "C'mon people now, smile on your brother... try to love one..uh..nother..right now!". Also on the Live At Reading dvd they break into Boston's More Than a Feeling with Chris singing before they start Teen Spirit which is awesome too! Imagine it! "More than a feeling, (mumbles) get that old feeling, Its more than a feeling, (mumbles)... slipping a-waaaaaAAAaaa-eigh" Hitting all the notes but the right ones! Pure genius!

Great! Now I am going to have night terrors of flying headless snakes roaring at me in sideways crazy eight symbols! Alright, done fishing for a compliment and time to go back to werk pushing my boulder back up the hill slicked with squished worm guts and dead gray fish eyes!

Just as long as there are no clowns or mimes in my dreams I will probably be OK!

Not much else to report. Still have not had that dream of floating through the ceiling yet so no updates there. All else I got is the seasons are a changing up here! Leaves turning, a light dusting of snow on the mountains, the State Fair is a memory. *sigh* I guess it is true what the old foggies say, "Youth is wasted on the young"

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I just dreamed I was sleeping in class, so I woke up in my dream that was the start. Figured out it was the next period but my name was still on the board it looked like a text message, so I guess the board is interactive or something.. So I just sat there not wanting to interrupt even though I think I slept through the bell, and then someone made some argument and asked me if I was right tell me a scene from "saved by the bell" So I start talking about Zach Morr... WRONG! you Liar!

# me man I was about to say a real saved by the bell scene so now I lost some argument about something, and my dream warped I guess cause I spaced out in my head wondering how I would know what class to go to next.

I end up talking to this girl and there is this giant female praying mantis.. I kid you not the girl is running a campaign and the praying mantis is her candidate and she can turn people into praying mantises to have sex with her candidate..
The female praying mantis of course chops off the males head after sex and eats him..

Moral of the story.

Do not watch a Hillary Rally and fall asleep soon after.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Why be a bird brain when it can be free to think of other things... stretching it out of the nose it plays the same old tune not too taught and not to loose and it will cease to snap in recoil to ponder other things while sleeping, thanks for being in tune even if I sing off key strokes.

For the first time while sleeping I maintained full awareness while sleeping guess what I was doing? The exact same routine I do every single day so does that count as deja vous or boredom... boredom as it when back to the void the last time I slept with only the same alarm clock of death waking me up back to life yet again.

If I did remember then I suppose it would be one long waking hell of the same old thing... Brahma may have dreamed us into existence but thank Vishnu for plucking that flower that grew out of his belly button. Last I heard it turned into macaroni after being a feather in someone's hat... why chase freedom unless the mind is caged? It already has a skull but so many holes yet still drifts along on the winds and tides of change. I suppose thats why there are so many holes in the bottom of the sea and everywhere else so we can keep afloat in this infinite sea of make belief...

Here's a magic marker... quick draw what you want on Brahmas face before he wakes up, I don't have a feather or shaving cream to tickle his fancy much to our dismay.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

You only thought of Zach because you were being a Slater.

Hey don't look at me the writing was on the wall of the Cafe otherwise you'd have a tattoo.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
On another note; the difference between the speed of sound on Earth and Mars happens at around 1:01 in if anyone cares caution adult language and adult situation(gun play)

Happy Thursday

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

P.S. the chaos begins at birth and entropies out from there... can you pull it all back into the void who will scream to pull you out of it? What about death? Who will ask you how was life and who is it responding?

Unawareness is the fine line that is the veil

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
I end up talking to this girl and there is this giant female praying mantis.. I kid you not the girl is running a campaign and the praying mantis is her candidate and she can turn people into praying mantises to have sex with her candidate..
The female praying mantis of course chops off the males head after sex and eats him..

I suspect that the female candidate has learnt lessons from her husband and has a clean up crew working hard to ensure all evidence is swallowed, or scrubbed, and not craftily smeared on clothing that can later be used to prove that you're willing to go before the nation that you represent and bare face lie to them. Or it's off with their heads.

Cool dream...I don't get anything like that. I did wake up last week not knowing what year it was. That was an intense digging up and reordering dream though. Woke up saying "it's 2006", then for some reason got it into my head it was 2017. Totally skipped a year, until later corrected.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Either that or shes an orb weaver and her husband is standing behind her waiting to yell off with her head... wonder if thats why you put the maid of honor in a red dress and the bride in a white one... sometimes both lose their heads just hanging around. But stretching ones neck out isn't always of telling the truth but finding it out.

When the queen of hearts carries a spade it'll always end up in a dead mans hand and the horseman rides again.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Wow, that's deep. Lately I found myself challenging the "relationship norms" a lot. Don't know if that's midlife crisis stuff I am going through, but I found myself thinking:
What if everything would be socially accepted? What funky blossoms would my and yours and everybodys tree of love bear if we wouldn't have to be scared to get judged for it?
I actually came to the conclusion this world would be much more violet, in a sense of red(female) and blue (male) complementing eachother, in ourselves and in our interactions.
Shades of violet. Not suppressing but enabling.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well, indigo of the throat cakra and the root cakra means truth and passion when intwined... but the primal urge is strong, in between the root there is sex and then appetite and well without climbing up to good communication using the 3rd eye of intuition then that purple of the crown will not likely be achieved and instead turn into a cape and be fight or flight of course it could turn into a bed spread but when the communication is more important than romping around or even eating then they wont see eye to eye when both natural ones are closed and dreaming about other things.

So as with many relationships of different lights it may take some work but knowing such going into it takes absolute honesty any deception and well those thoughts lead to different forms or paths for one another without pure communication of all wants, needs, hopes and desires... of course any lap can be a nest but finding a good egg is damned near impossible until it rolls off and drops into ones own lap to hatch into one of freedom for both.

top topics

<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join