It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I noticed that Moana parted the seas...And then she played with the Seas!
Maui transformed into a bird of prey (?)
...Then I noticed the oar she's holding in the picture of the trailer! A metaphor for a staff...?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

hehe.... Right?

there is a main birdman in mythology who some relate to Jesus if I'm not mistaken.. Horus. You know the whole one eye covered thing? The so called "all seeing eye?"

Egypt Religion stuff

The Wadjet (or Ujat, meaning "Whole One") is a powerful symbol of protection in ancient Egypt also known as the "Eye of Horus" and the "all seeing eye"

Horus was an ancient a sky god whose eyes were said to be the sun and the moon. However, he soon became strongly associated with the sun (and the sun god Ra as Ra-Horakhty ("Ra, who is Horus of the two horizons") while Thoth was associated with the moon. An ancient myth describes a battle between Horus and Set in which Horus´ right eye was torn out

2 horizons beginning and end.

Like the ACE in a deck that is the 13th number and the number 1.. it's the beginning and end. the alpha omega. Yea well reerbs is streching maybe, but I don't know, I dig the way my mind works.

there's your 13.

Remember the last supper?

norse-mythology.org...

Baldur was one of the most beloved of all the gods. The son of Odin, the chief of the gods, and the benevolent sorceress goddess Frigg, Baldur was a generous, joyful, and courageous character who gladdened the hearts of all who spent time with him.

He approached the blind god Hodr (Old Norse Höðr, “Slayer”) and said, “You must feel quite left out, having to sit back here away from the merriment, not being given a chance to show Baldur the honor of proving his invincibility.” The blind god concurred. “Here,” said Loki, handing him the shaft of mistletoe. “I will point your hand in the direction where Baldur stands, and you throw this branch at him.” So Hod threw the mistletoe. It pierced the god straight through, and he fell down dead on the spot.

the devil tricked a blind god into killing the son of god with a spear. And that spear is held above your head at christmas. Satan clause rides down from the north pole.. you know frost giants? the underworld is cold in norse.. And you know when ghosts appear it's cold? I went ice cold dead frozen when whatever happened to me happened to me.

speaking of hodr and the cold. I've never watched game of thrones.. I saw some meme about hodr holding the door, and that was enough for me to go look for this now to show you guys:

Hodor

Hodor, originally named Wylis,[1] is a recurring character in the first, second, third, fourth, and sixth seasons. He is played by guest star Kristian Nairn and debuts in the series premiere, though he does not speak until "Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things." Hodor is a simpleminded servant of House Stark at Winterfell working in the stables.

maybe you guys could tell me about "House of stark" and "winterfall" but to me he sounds like the one who lets demons come.. Anyways most movies nd such make the good guys bad guys and the bad guys good guys, so I'd have to see which way they go with that too, to decode the rest of the show if I ever see it.

notice he doesn't hang around the kinds of people jesus or Baldur would.. The game Baldurs gate make any more sense now? A lot of symbolism about the gates to "the other side" being somewhere very cold.

MAthew 6:22

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
~Jesus

The Eye of Horus is thought by some to match up the to human brain looked at sideways as if you cut it right down the middle front to back and looked at half a brain..

Horus is mixed as being ALSO RA... as in the Sun of god is also god.. temples to horus made it into greek temples..

There's a lot to all of this, I've spent so much of my free time looking at it all..

I love the number 33...

33 vertabrae in my spine.. remember the jesus dies on the cross thing at 33. and of course:

Sun and the moon:

if you ever wondered about feathered serpents:

yea you get it:

if you read the link you will know Horus was the sun and moon before losing an eye. 33 vertabrae in the spine leading to the one eye... the only way to heaven is through him... LOL

THe egyptians were monotheisitic people just lose the plot too easy.. Even when you see the sun is ra and horus is the sun and is ra and ra's dauter is the heat of the sun, and the heat of the sun was also a bunch of other gods, and thoth is the moon which is horus eye!!! lol

According to one myth, Ra (who was at that point the actual Pharaoh of Egypt) was becoming old and weak and the people no longer respected him or his rule. They broke the laws and made jokes at his expense. He did not react well to this and decided to punish mankind by sending an aspect of his daughter, the Eye of Ra. He plucked her from the Ureas (royal serpent) on his brow, and sent her to earth in the form of a lion. She waged war on humanity slaughtering thousands until the fields were awash with human blood. When Ra saw the extent of the devestation he relented and called his daughter back to his side, fearing that she would kill everyone. However, she was in a blood lust and ignored his pleas. So he arranged for 7,000 jugs of beer and pomegranate juice (which stained the beer blood red) to be poured all over the fields around her. She gorged on the "blood" and became so drunk that she slept for three days and awoke with a terrible hangover. Thus mankind was saved from her terrible vengeance.

If that above story isn't ringing any bells hehe... remember the eye of Ra is a name for his daughter which is the heat of the sun.. so that comes down to devour mankind but they almost all die, so then the sun sleeps for 3 days... 3 days of darkness.... He plucked her from his brow.. she's his daughter only in order of creation not as a separate entity really, as he plucks her from his brow, head..

I hope I'm not speking Greek.

haha bad joke.

ehh I mean

seems to match my own journys any.

I can't wait to see it.

It looks good just the surface plot. I'm wondering what little goodies that have hidden for me.

the little girl is too cute.

And I dig strong girl stories, like the one with the red head and her bow, haha.

edit on 19-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The Eye of Horus is thought by some to match up the to human brain looked at sideways as if you cut it right down the middle front to back and looked at half a brain

If the Eye of Horus represents the left eye, then maybe it also represents the right side of the brain. Where you said "half a brain". And the Eye of Ra would represent the right eye.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

Posted before edit.

Yeah I noticed the 3rd eye symbology...Does 3 days of darkness allude to a solar eclipse...Or that the Eye of Ra is solar flares? Maybe that's too literal. If Horus is the Sun and Ra is the heat from the sun.

yeah LOL...me too.

Good nite...Get some sleep :p Ill be trying to figure this 1 out.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I offer my condolences and have decided not to dissect your prior posts line by line and humiliate you. That would not be fair.

Not at all passive aggressive there.

Please do try to "humiliate" me. Sounds like my kind of giggle

I figured out why you might be struggling though, so, in all fairness, this should give you a clue...

A non sequitur (English pronunciation: /ˌnɒnˈsɛkwᵻtər/; Classical Latin: [noːn ˈsɛkᶣɪtʊr] "it does not follow") is a conversational and literary device, often used for comedic purposes. It is something said that, because of its apparent lack of meaning relative to what preceded it,[1] seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

en.wikipedia.org...(literary_device)

Good luck

Perhaps that is what he was trying to do by saying this:
"Next time just say youre having a hard time and i think youll come across better."

Wishing or wanting to control another not oneself is humiliating for all of those involved... sometimes tears of laughter and sometimes tears of sadness. When sitting on the bed both legs go in the pants at the same time.

Footwear I never notice because I always put on which ever I pick up first.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
And Anaana, I think we reached our limit in this line of conversation. Maybe we could retry, because without the misbehaving you guys both have good points, and actually my reading comprehension skills say that neither of you guys' posts conflict really with each other.. It's not like understanding how to do something is the same as understanding its true nature you are right...

Okay Reverbs, 'cos I'm always willing to do it for the kids, they're the poor bastards who are going to have to pick up all this # after all...I will go away and rethink my approach, I am sure that I can find a better place to converge, if I put my mind to it.

But disagreement, in itself, is not a "problem", there can be good reasons to disagree, and it doesn't have to turn into a fight, few disagreements in principle need be based on either or.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

disagreement is good.

I told you each what you needed to hear.

and used it as a segue to get back on topic of scientific mysticism and weirdness..

You guys were getting off topic that's all I accused you of isn't it?

and I like your last line.

I hope you guys can continue if you wish just not on the last angle.. it was blocked off no road ahead. My strange sounds experience was related to what he was saying so I completely get what he's saying and I've expereinced it first hand. I think the effect can be way crazier than you might be thinking of. I was scared to death.

I see Soundgarden has probably been into similar areas of ODD like I have.

And I'm always searching for more fruit..

what a conundrum

I keep surviving though

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

All duly noted...no worries...

One of these days I might share the story of the time I tried to catch a fledgling pigeon I'd mistaken for the Holy Spirit.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

LOL Wut?

Ok that's a funny teaser. I like being teased a bit.

If and when you do I won't miss it.

love the music

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm happy were back to peaceful woo stack exchange.

originally posted by: Reverbs

"... Ra (who was at that point the actual Pharaoh of Egypt) was becoming old and weak and the people no longer respected him or his rule. They broke the laws and made jokes at his expense. He did not react well to this and decided to punish mankind by sending an aspect of his daughter, the Eye of Ra. He plucked her from the Ureas (royal serpent) on his brow, and sent her to earth in the form of a lion. She waged war on humanity slaughtering thousands until the fields were awash with human blood. When Ra saw the extent of the devestation he relented and called his daughter back to his side, fearing that she would kill everyone. However, she was in a blood lust and ignored his pleas. So he arranged for 7,000 jugs of beer and pomegranate juice (which stained the beer blood red) to be poured all over the fields around her. She gorged on the "blood" and became so drunk that she slept for three days and awoke with a terrible hangover. Thus mankind was saved from her terrible vengeance."

haha bad joke.

ehh I mean

seems to match my own journey

Are you talking about me? Because I am just waiting for my daddy and his fleet of fiery heaven chariots to arrive and then I will kill all of you *sips red wine & I am not kidding.

originally posted by: Anaana

One of these days I might share the story of the time I tried to catch a fledgling pigeon I'd mistaken for the Holy Spirit.

Take care.

Gosh yeah you two found eachother - teasers both of you. You drive me crazy!
much love hugs&kisses
Sincerely
The eyebrow

Add:
I don't know if you guys can watch it, but this is my favourite Futurama episode of all times, including the movies! "Pow! Took care of the time travelling paradox!"

edit on 19-9-2016 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 19-9-2016 by Peeple because: Jeez, writing about time travelling and then I forget to write time. Excuse me I'm drunk and that's only because I try to forget. It's not better to have love and lost, who ever said that never really loved. It's like an purulent open wound, it hurts like hell.

edit on 19-9-2016 by Peeple because: Now I had a mistake in my edit reason thingy. Oh gawd... must kill all humans... ME first

edit on 19-9-2016 by Peeple because: In case you read this don't take this too serious, I am looking forward to start sthg cool and new, the finance part of it is already solved, I am just... You know how it is I guess, the feeling you get when you have to be "normal" after you thought you could make a difference and save the world. Nobody can, at least not alone.

edit on 19-9-2016 by Peeple because: Bite my shiny metal ass

edit on 19-9-2016 by Peeple because: Let me convey something profound/ beef brisket is 76$ for 19 pounds/ it's true go and have a look for yourself/ Gartner's Country Meat Market has it on their online shelf

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Haha when a bird nests in the place where your heart used to be you're f--ked as then you understand clearly why the heart is drawn like two wings as an expression of love

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

33 is the number of possible paths on the Kabala Tree of Life. To get from the Crown (forget the actual name, Ketter??) down to the bottom there are a total of 33 different paths. The Tree also looks like it is 3 dimensional.

The Eye of Horus. Right or left? There are two paths. Most hieroglyphs depict the right eye. Just like the one above the pyramid on the dollar bill. I rarely see the left eye motif at all. Maybe those "quaint and curious volumes of forgotten lore" have more examples. I stopped being fascinated with it all (kind of grew out of it all) a while ago. But hey, make for good BOC and Iron Maiden album covers!

Ever read Joseph Campbell? There are some videos out there (I have some PBS series of 3 dvds) that talk about all kinds of stuff like the underworld, twins, the Tree of Life, the Milky Way, the Hero, Quests, etc. This is always a fun rabbit hole to go down!

Reverbs, ride that wave! It may be Greek, but we all kind of understand "stoner surfer talk" Greek here, so explain away!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Did I beat around the burning bush again?

You know how Christians or is it Catholics or whatever.. The Trinity.

How can God be the Father and the Son? And the Holy Spirit?

The Egyptian God's are aspects. Just as the Trinity are aspects.. Carl Jung would call them Archetypes.

Set is literally the setting of the sun. He's scar in the Lion King, "everything the light touches" Mufasa and Simba are obvious by now?

You guys know the Famed "Red Book" by Carl Jung was released? I bought it read through some of it, and realized this book was another one of those things I don't want to taint my waters with.. It's so easy to come into knowledge like that use it get somewhere but it's like stealing a boat and now you don't know where to get gas for it and eventually you can't care for the boat or right away you can't and you must jump ship but in the water you look around what's up? what's down? What's up? hey man a dolphin, no that's down..

Ok lets try another little thingy.

Egyptian myths

In the beginning there was nothing (Nun). A mound of earth rose from Nun and upon it Atum created himself. He spat Shu (air) and Tefnut (moisture) from his mouth. Atum's two offspring became separated from him and lost in the dark nothingness, so Atum sent his "Eye" to look for them (a precursor to the "Eye of Ra", an epithet given to many deities at different times). When they were found, he named Shu as "life" and Tefnut as "order" and entwined them together.

Atum became tired and wanted a place to rest, so he kissed his daugther Tefnut, and created the first mound (Iunu) to rise from the waters of Nun. Shu and Tefnut gave birth to the earth (Geb) and the sky (Nut) who in turn give birth to Osiris, Isis, Set, Nephthys and Horus the elder. In later versions of the myth, Atum produces Shu and Tefnut by masturbation and splits up Geb and Nut because he is jealous of their constant copulation.

However, his creative nature has two sides. In the Book of the Dead, Atum tells Osiris that he will eventually destroy the world, submerging everything back into the primal waters (Nun), which were all that existed at the beginning of time. In this nonexistence, Atum and Osiris will survive in the form of serpents.

First Bolded section

in the beginning there was nothing and then Adam is made from EARTH, then the Earth Makes AIR and WATER.. It was dark nothingness so he sends his eye, his EYE.. FIRE and now we have the four elements arising out of the fifth element "nothingness" as it's called here and the bible.. Other traditions call it Akasha or Akashic Principal.. It's the part of this picture above "creation" with the sound the WORD "AUM"

Amen to that Amen-RA

Continuing to next bolded. God's tired so he wants to rest and creates land mass out from the waters to rest on. Notice how nothing is called nun, and the mass comes out of the waters of nun.. There's are firmament. Now the next bolded part you will see in the above Tarot card (the image).. Constant copulation. He's already a jealous God.. His creative force as 2 sides, and so destroys everything with a great flood.. But remember the waters are the AUM are the "uncreated" the non split apart...

And the god's even survive as serpents. WAIT is there like some snake in the bible or something?

If you believe the Gnostics these Archons are still around doing their godly trickery things on silly humans.

So now do you guys give david icke a little room... The Shapeshifting reptillians (serpents) are your Zeuses and your poseidons.. Changing into rain and doves and stuff to # humans..

speaking of david icke, accidentally feeling the feathered serpent meeting in the 3rd eye... He wasn't ready I wasn't ready..

You end up saying goofy things like

I am that I am.

Longer version

but no one ever gets it.

Don't get lost in symbols. All symbols are relative to what they represent. Not nary a one is a direct match besides maybe the nothing...

Speaking of "the Nothing"

Ever watch the NEVER ENDING STORY

**Spoilers haha**

here is the cover of the book the boy finds.. snakes making infinity... SNAKES I tell you!! LOL but the entire thing is that the boy is reading about a world that is being ripped apart by "the nothing" we went over this with Atum's negative creative force.. you know the great flood, but it's the waters of NUN nothing, not wet waters.. ya dig?

Well not only is the boy reading the book and having control over it's outcome he's ALSO inside the book...

The Nothing Continued
guarding the gates

Then the Trippiest part of any kids movie I ever watched as a kid...

Ok that's enough of mr rambles,
must go scrambless
ssome eggs

or drink some beer?

Not sure but it's my day off and I had the nuttiest out there dreams. Sometimes when I have these types of god like dreams I can't hold onto them in solid human form. I can't grasp the concepts I just could so I can't even form words or images to represent my dream.. Only some vague feeling.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Are you talking about me? Because I am just waiting for my daddy and his fleet of fiery heaven chariots to arrive and then I will kill all of you *sips red wine & I am not kidding.

hahahaha

ok I'll stay out of your way to day.. hell hath no fury like a ...

for my life I think of the pain as worth it. I would rather love and lose than never love. I've been ripped to shreds three times now. I'm crazy emotional too so you can imagine that wasn't pretty.

actually one of those people came back into my life calling me baby saying she wanted to talk and then went off again.. talk about opening a bleeding wound. Yea I'm talking about you pusinka. But that actually did the trick and now I am whole again. Only good or neutral feelings left. I love the transmutation of emotions that happens when you let yourself truly go to the gates of hell and back.

Feeling better than I've ever felt in my life.

I don't need to Love again. I know what it is now, but if it happens it happens. I love myself so much it's like I'm always around me too.. And I am like hey dude want to go drink a bier? and I'm like yea dude, good idea, I respond RIGHT!?
eeww and let's watch never ending story later if we can find it. Dude you read my mind. Ok stop making yourself laugh the OTHERs will hear.. (Roommates)

Good Morning all.

Khepri was soon seen as an aspect of the sun itself, in particular the sun at day break - when it "emerged" from the underworld. He was closely associated with Atum (the creator god), Nefertum (literally "young Atum" or "beautiful Atum") and Ra (who absorbed many of Atum's attributes). Khepri was the emerging sun, Nefertum was the new born sun, Ra was the sun during the day, and Atum was the setting sun. in later funerary texts, Atum and Khepri merged into a ram-headed beetle who was the ultimate expression of the power of life over death.

WAH ! WAH !

I think I got your link to load, but if not I'm sure I can find ways.. Hehehe..

I need some food and a cold Bier!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Ok guys umm if I can't get back here just I'm probably fine.. But I just might have trouble getting here again. I'll do my best I still have tricks up my sleeve.

I'm on my phone searching for a workaround.. I mean I'm using one now but no telling how long that will last if my computer and phone can't access ATS on they're own.. Every other website is fine.

Every time Man..

Oh before I forget.

Peeple that was awesome. It had everything. I almost cried twice yea I liked it a lot. I laughed so hard when they are like "so what was the meaning of life?"

I'm still laughing about that.

Great episode.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I am the best lover I ever had
I'm always in the mood when I am in the mood,
Never say no to myself
And know what I need if I am tense
I like my jokes too, thankfully I live alone.

There is this saying, but for the life of me I can't remember it, something like
"love, you could never disappoint me, just my expectations"

Now me, myself and I go to bed for a drunken threesome haha gosh I am funny

Have a lovely day, keep sharing your notes, it's a refreshing diversion from all the computing and administration crap my poor brain has to worry about currently. 11 weeks to go yikes.

I wish I had something woo
So I thank you
And I know it's just words on a screen, but for some reason you almost always brighten my day
Almost all of you sweet cafeteers do, wow now you know how drunk I am.
"You know guys and lady a. I love you so much..." bye

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
We're BAaack !

That was a bit of a headache.

Is it pusinka doing this? Maybe one of her friends?

Someone else?

just bad luck that strikes only coincidentally when I write "funny" stories?

welll anyway enough of that.

sorry but I'm not sorry.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I think quite a few sentient beings hide truth simply out of fear... fear that others will find out their hidden secrets or fear that someone will take what they have away. this in my opinion is why the god concept is based around forgiveness... once you come to equanimity you see all life as being equal no matter the form yet in bondage of that form in unawareness that life is life and that in ignorance even a "god" wants forgiveness in all of it's faults as a life form in trying to create what they deem perfect when creating anything perfect is an impossibility to ones own observation without ego as anything we create even art is not our responsibility to judge so when we judge our own creations as imperfect then we fail to see the entire view of every last perspective in that egocentric mode of duality or self and other.

Hoping to see a reflection of oneself in another is that ego self... when simply observing others we can see that arising not only in our own actions but in the actions of others and pretty much all life, as most all sentient beings carry out the same exact basic needs and activities of life itself.

When Buddha faced Mara that was go itself and do you think he fought killed or wrestled with Mara, a god or anything else? No having gone beyond all attachment and seeing life was already there before himself and that it was full of suffering that when he came face to face with that creator he forgave it as it came with all it's hoards and armies in creation to destroy what arose out of it's own fear and when that ego self of that which came before was forgiven then it became equal in understanding that ones very own creation could return to show it beauty.

How are our children any different? In constantly pointing to this beauty of the world as a reflection of itself until of course the pain and suffering of the world gets heaped upon their shoulders no different? So individual responsibility goes the distance with truth as truth and hides nothing in fear of being found out or lost that one has thought they have gained or schemes for something one thinks they might gain in what? Exploitation of and for ones own desire.

So what to do? Live because that's all life has in it... and well what is alive is a good question to investigate.
edit on 19-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Baldur's Gate might be in Anarctica then, with the cities beneath the surface of the ice. AND they have ice giants in kingdom hearts series. You have to fight them at the Olympic Colloseum world before you fight Hades , then Hercules.

The other movies might be Brave or Tangled. I'm thinking its called Brave.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

We covered Nun creating the Water, Air and Land elements...So I assume Shu and Tefnut created the Fire element?
If Nun is Nothing, and Shu and Tefnut are Sea and Air, and the Eye of Ra is Land? Then who is fire...?

new topics

top topics

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join