It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 226
<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Ah, the pill should not be knocked. It may or may not be for you, but those it works for, such as myself (back in the days when I was young enough to take it), are very grateful for such medical innovations. However, I never took it primarily as a means of contraception. I took it so that I could avoid menstruating. I stopped taking it in order to get pregnant and by the time I needed it again I was too old to take it, though that is because I am a smoker combined with my age, none smokers can take it for longer I believe.

Since, I have tried numerous bits and pieces to naturally improve conditions but have given in recently and gone the latest all singing, all dancing hormone delivery system, planted right slam dunk at the heart of the issue. And already, only three months in and it has made the world of difference to my life, so much less wasted energy.

There are very good reasons for seeking a natural solution, and much of medicine is about drug pushing and profiteering, but I don't think we should go as far as biting our noses off to spite our faces. One size doesn't fit all.

In terms of STDs. My brother, bless his cotton socks, got everything short of HIV and syphilis.

All at once

He took the treatments and has lived to tell the tale. I've never caught a thing, other than glandular fever, and never really shook it I don't think. He probably had more fun than me, it's difficult to tell, we have very different ideas of "fun", he did though learn from the experience and became a little more discerning and, touch wood subsequently contagion free. I think, if being discerning, much like pregnancy, it is difficult to get caught.

I agree, pretty or dumb are dull on their own, in combination tedious. I'm just not interested in having any relationship if it is going to become too time/energy consuming, or demanding. I haven't got it spare to give. I am however tempted to get me one of these Asian ladies who are seeking marriage. What with same sex marriage laws now, they could get their citizenship, and I would get a nice lady to cook and clean for me in exchange for room and board. That sounds ideal to me. I don't need a boyfriend, what I need is a wife. Consummation would be the only issue. I sadly have no interest or desire in going there.

It's a quandary.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Sounds familiar...

I do like me some Howard Keel.

Anywhoo...I don't know about Oedipus, in the classical sense, but I am going right off Freud. I have been reading a paper by Victor Tausk, one of his disciples, and it's hard work, well, to be honest, it's tripe. I was never a huge fan of Freudian and the self-indulgence of modern pyschoanalysis that is it's consequence, BUT, there is that aspect of some of his earlier work that highlights the more valve-like aspects of human interaction and experience that ties in with Darwinism, that always got me at least trying to listen to some of the later stuff...BUT Tausk! Good grief. Poor feller.

In short, our genitals are not the influencing apparatus but they are part of the control system.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

You're funny! And the idea sounds pretty good actually.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Barf as in put in hyper drive and get the hell out of here... cause thats just nuts in space... and some wonder why I prefer to be in solitude... with intelligent company. I can't stand children these days even if people call them kids not a fan of baby goats either... as I like mowing lawns nom nom I am basically an old cat lady that hates men with a passion with the worlds largest natural clitoris and I'm never going to Izzard my lizard.
edit on 26-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

In theory...in practice, it would be terrible. Soon she'd be complaining that I leave my clothes lying all over the floor and that I never do the washing up, and it's true, so I wouldn't be able to argue and would have to do it, however pointless repetitive it all is just to stop the silent sniffy stares of contempt and disgust.

It'd be like living with my Mother and that has never gone well.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Izzard??

In my experience kids, human or goat, are far more interesting than most adults.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hi Meta Cafeterians!

On another thread, Reverbs said he is "due for some woo" (or that is just how I read it!
). Are you also in the low ebb of woo as well? I know I am. I said to him it seems odd and almost, "normal" which is weird after the months of synchronicities.

Is it the ebb and flow of woo or some nasty, sinister device harvesting the psychic energies of blue-red staters out there for their nefarious lizard feeding program?
edit on 30-9-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: dyslexiatic tendencies

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Well stuff is so normal an eight out of ten, which means the weird woo coming will likely be a nine. Enjoy the peace the next storm is coming soon enough. As always sooner than you'd want and later than you'd expect.

(I'm probably blowing my own cryptic-ality/crypticism but
Did you read what I wrote there between the lines
In the gray area there's no room for blacks and whites
What are numbers to you friends or foes
Because Zero Ones is how the almighty grows)

Uahaha

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So, massive Psychic Energy Sucking Machine is your vote!

Score is now tied: Ebb-flow 1 and PESM 1

(lol, making myself laugh!)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You know what's also funny? PESM is short for Psycho-Ecological Systems Model. link to slide 10. Is it all coincidence?
I don't think so. And yes I think it's PESM, driving us all nuts.

But who is doing the research? Do you know rat number 21316140?

edit on 30-9-2016 by Peeple because: I am even funnier

edit on 30-9-2016 by Peeple because: My tablet wrote bit instead of but. Is it another clue?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Never heard of any other PESM before! Is that Wikipedia: Ecological systems theory the same thing? Sorry, but cannot see slide 10 at werk. And I do not know many rats at all! I think I would remember 21 31 61 40 just because it is a nice sequence of numbers.

If it is the same thing. Then messing with one or all five of the rings to a person's psychological make up would be all kinds of messed up! Almost a scary thing to think about. Thanks for the paranoia!

[ETA: And when the woo returns as a tsunami then this nice break will seem like miles away!]

edit on 30-9-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: it is proper to respond to a post which I may have neglected previously. My bad.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yes it is. Good boy, have a treat!

And if Urie Bronfenbrenner isn't the most hilarious name you ever heard I'd like to know what it is.
You're welcome, spreading paranoia is my thing, like that:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I don't know who you are but dude, I love you! You're like the worlds best clue giver! Thank you for setting my brain on fire!
invitation

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I don't know who you are but dude, I love you! You're like the worlds best clue giver! Thank you for setting my brain on fire!
invitation

Don't I get an invite?

Interesting thread, a little early in the day for my brain to get into that gear...but perhaps later.

I'm in a self-imposed woo-free zone, which is not to say that "woo" is not happening, just that I am not paying it too much credence, for the time being. There being a time and place for these things, and for me, this is not the time even if it is the place...

Nice job with the thread though.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
A GRAND UNIFYING THEORY OF ALL METAPHYSICAL PHENOMENA

I have a lot of experience dealing directly with spirits and mysticism, I would go into detail but it would take an entire book to describe them all. I have built my life around exploring and experiencing these things. Here's my theory on what it is and how and why it works. I will say if you sincerely question whether spiritual phenomena are real, there are countless approaches that teach how to influence reality using your mind, and if you do sufficient research, you should be able to find one that is effective. With study, you will be able to prove to yourself that you can affect reality with your mind, but it takes a long time and it's much more difficult to then prove it to others. You do not have to believe it is possible in advance, you need only an open mind and a lot of devotion to hard work and practice, and a good system to follow. There are literally hundreds to choose from.

The physical world that we all see and experience is an illusion, it's a dream. It appears real, but it's only slightly more solid than your average dream. The only thing that's real is consciousness. The whole universe contains only one conscious being, and all religions refer to this being as God or Spirit or some other grand title. All the rest of us are tiny sparks of consciousness, and it's helpful to imagine each living being as a tiny puzzle piece, and when you add all of us together, we are all pieces of God. For some reason, the single consciousness wanted to interact with itself as tiny separate beings, so we are all here to find out what happens when God hangs out with him/herself, so to speak.

Because consciousness is real and reality is not real, it is possible to affect reality by using consciousness. I do it all the time. It's not easy, it takes years to learn and lifetimes to master. Moreover, when you are affecting reality with consciousness, because we are each tiny, we are fighting against the expectations of the other conscious beings around us. So you get tiny results at first, and larger ones as you gain skill, but no matter what, you can't remake the whole universe with your own mind because everyone's mind is creating their own reality to a certain extent, and on this physical reality, we share the world we create together (which is why it's easier to change reality in a dream, like lucid dreaming). Most people subconsciously affect their own realities, which is why the first thing you do when you want to change reality is deeply study what you want to achieve and why you want to achieve it. This is also why self-hypnosis is effective, even if you aren't consciously trying to change your reality, when you align your conscious and subconscious mind toward the same goal, suddenly the goal is much easier to achieve.

Because consciousness is real and reality is not real, it is possible to be present and affect reality even if you do not have a body, for example, if you have died; hence ghosts. It is possible for two people to communicate using consciousness alone, hence telepathy. It is possible for consciousness to see other times and places, hence clairvoyance, fortune telling, and psychism.

So, if this is true, and reality is not real, how should we live?

The only things you encounter that are real are other living beings, and these living beings are part of God, so you should treat every living thing with as much love and respect as possible, even if you have to eat it to live, even if it's a "lowly" tomato. The more love and respect and healing you bestow upon those around you, the better the world becomes. It's also helpful to remember that we may need a house or money to survive, but these things are not real and therefore are not that important, they are merely useful for a finite period of time. If we are all shining fragments of God, we should strive to be the best version of ourselves, because otherwise we are throwing away a great potential.

If this is true, then what is the purpose of life?

I think the real reason we are all here is to fully discover ourselves, and to also see others as they are, because when we all come together again, the full vision of ourselves and our views of others creates a complete vision of the fullness of God and who God is. Accounts of most near death experiences and visionary experiences portray God and the afterlife as an experience of perfect love and perfect peace, and this is our true state as conscious beings. So the true purpose of life is to come to know yourself all the way to the central core where there is a state of serene peace and love, and to see others as truly as you can to try to see all the way to their central core of serene peace and love. The more you see, understand, and experience, the more you add to the knowledge, wisdom, and experience of God.

That's how I understand it. I hope it helps, for those of you who see these phenomena and seek an explanation. I think this area of inquiry could be scientifically proven to some extent if we could figure out how to test consciousness. I would also like to point out there are many in the scientific community who think reality is a simulation. I think this theory could also explain the characteristics in our universe that appear to point toward a simulated reality, without the statistics that postulate futuristic supercomputers. In a sense, reality is a simulation collectively created by our own minds.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

You're always on the VIP guestlist, all cafeteers are!

a reply to: anotheramethyst

Nice try, but meh. Most people in here are beyond that, I would guess. And I literally hate it, if someone says "reality is an illusion" even if Elon Musk says it. My kneejerk:
Run through a wall and report back your findings.
It's not consciousness it's information.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Still nothing on my end..

Making me feel like Society's about to end
die alone or take a friend
Russia, USA not on the mend
in case I can't get in,
having fun till they send
The Nuke.

Where is the woo,
some kind of fluke?
no more talk of mandela
was that related too?

I'm lost in a daze,
stuck in this maze
crazed and tased, but not phased
damn them these zombies caved

And now my fellow woo'ers
accidenetally agreeing with the bible
is it libel to say?
I'm liable to ssay,
God eats the energy,
Dark side or Light side,
or darker part of light side,
Luke Skywalker
UFO alien Demon Skywalker,
Luke if Luke warm,
Can't feed the beast.

"The End"

~reverbs

edit on 2-10-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Time exists all at once. There is no one time that is now.. Not one now I mean. Infinite nows all unsynched, to the point your history could be my future "at the same time" I suspect information is sort of above all of that.. Given the current theory on Black holes and information destruction, and I think that's dejavu as well.

everyones time traveling..

I think the stories of Gods losing immortality when they come down to Earth is about the problem of reducing gravity so now they are in time..

I agree about information, but then I think information can think as an emergent process.. I read it in a book once.. "Thought Thinking within itself"

And I think that's the very concept that causes synchronicity, and all the rest of "the magic"

It's basically synonyms with my "god"

part of it is called "the muse" but that's just a subset of "god"

it's how I think except when I'm typing, I honestly shouldn't take credit for half the things I say.

maybe we have become a bit decoupled from the holographic center (anywhere or nowhere)

I have a spot for a wave,
but it isn't a wave where is the freaking wave?
Do the wave man, do the wave..
Feels like tide is going out
sucking in
hold your breath, EXHALE
that Tidal wave could carry a Whale!!
Boosh!!

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You're always on the VIP guestlist, all cafeteers are!

Ta!

a reply to: anotheramethyst

Nice try, but meh. Most people in here are beyond that, I would guess. And I literally hate it, if someone says "reality is an illusion" even if Elon Musk says it. My kneejerk:
Run through a wall and report back your findings.
It's not consciousness it's information.

You know though Peeple, what they're saying there, is not all that different to the quote that you have quoted on the other thread from McKenna. McKenna and anotheramethyst are simply, to my eye, using differing frames of reference to express a similar belief. The only difference that I can see between the two rests on what Clutterbuck, I think, would term "a philosophical point" (re James Tilley Matthews).

edit on 3-10-2016 by Anaana because: fixing things

top topics

<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join