It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 205
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the OP Bagdogma here's a cup of tea for you hosting a thread Cafe for the random and of course tea party for other members that have participated. Hope yourself and everyone is doing ok.

Sipps ahoy!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Where is Baddogma? And everybody else?

Hello?

I really learned stuff here, mostly thanks to KellyPrettyBear. Wherever he may be. Even his blog is quiet for two weeks now.

Anyhoo I built myself a ouija board just for the fun of it. Problem (well not really) is the "person" insists it is Lucifer. Hm? Then it spelled out "save the children" and what we're the most disgusting news of the day?

The most funny news I saw today was Germans are so stupid in a construction site on a Autobahn they have accidents one after another, because they follow their navigation systems instead reality. That's freaking awesome, Darwins selection at work!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I cut out of werk early to check out the Blue Angles practicing! Freekin awesome!

Camera is dead so that sucks.

Check out kandinsky's lamb post...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Oh double sucks
1. Camera
2. Search function

Glad you had fun. Isn't it extremely loud?
What lamb post?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Mountain runner finds... (gen chit chat... is cool)

And no Baddogma since the secure team10 moon anomaly... so who knows. (Miss U BD)
edit on 29-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: iam drunk

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

My gps during trips through the mountains says; turn here... and a lot of times it's just a cliff. The turn is there; just way out of sight... down below.

Short cut?

TEOT; sounds like you had fun... when I was a kid I went on a field trip to watch an air show, bought an inflatable f-14 Tomcat.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

That pillow is awesome, though I think that there exists an unexploited opportunity to incorporate a squeezy bottle into the breasts and thereby sate your thirst too. I could have done with one of those when I had a newborn. Once he was too big to sleep on my chest, he moved to my side, and I slept rigid as a board in a position very similar to the pillow, with my arm angled around him so that the covers couldn't go over him. Special times.

When my brother and I were growing up, my Mum would say, "If ever I become like my mother, shoot me." Her mother, my Nan, spent the last fifteen years of her life lost in dementia. My mother has, so far, retained her faculties, but still, she has floundered at avoiding becoming like her Mother. Sadly, even if asked, it would still be murder, and the time is not worth the crime. It is all too often the case that in avoiding making the same mistakes as our parents did, we make entirely different ones which are equally head #ing for our children. So, I take a deep breath, count to a number necessary to maintain calm, and remember that when she is good, she is very, very good, but when she is bad she is horrid. Same can be said for most of us.

My step-Mother's mother lived until she was 104. I am not sure at what age she ceased to participate in life, but she was pretty much absent for the last ten or so. Her, my step-Mother, and my Dad, have put aside a fund to enable them, when they are ready, to utilise Dignitas. Neither of them wants to be a shell that people visit and that is left feeling drained and confused. Seems a sensible plan to me. Pointless holding on when your mind has gone on without you.

Anyway, my fridge-freezer has now been fully installed and is no longer sat in my living room blocking the book case, and I am up to date on washing and ironing. No more strangers invading my space until the next thing breaks down, but just so long as it's not me, I'm doing well.

Happy Lammas Eve

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Trying to see what you're seeing I don't and I like that I don't... makes it unique to your vision. I just took some white and did quick cuts out so it wasn't just a black back ground, so it's pretty cool to get some impressions out of the negative space. Yeah that could be taken as double talk, you're a positive person and I am glad.

Yeah, sleeping oh the weird thing is I am utterly dead to the world for however long... unless I set a mental switch to alert. But I don't get good void sleep doing that it'll be prone or board like as you said then every 5 or 10 minutes my eyes will pop open do an adjust perhaps then sleep again. I seem to sleep longer but less quality that way.

4 to 6 is the usual though, I'm likely too well rested as I can pull 24-36 without noticing it passing. I can set the ol snore on high volume for wild animals to keep a distance or as soon as I start wake and stop... just like that ol falling asleep at ones desk business thats a typical yet to full alert then right back to sleep.

It's great I used to be a very bad insomniac that couldn't sleep at all, mind would never turn off blah blah blah blah blah blah photographic replaying everything, shoulding, woulding and coulding. Now it's less than 5 minutes after assuming the chosen position.

Yeah, children... glad I had one, I've the stretch marks and just losing the dad bod he'll be 19 in August. But I was 235 at 6-0 some say taller I dunno I dont care, but Im 160 and pretty wirey used to work out a ton I could use some toning up just to get the sixer back I was built like a brick sh-thouse as they say until that big bad momma wolf blew it in looking for a pup... it's all good though as long as he's happy and healthy... hopefully he'll get another degree under his belt before a lil lady for a grand child under there.

Fate of karma... though so who knows.

I will wear a "sexy grandpa hat" though as much as I don't like wearing hats I would be proud of that one. Nothing fancy just one of those nice cheesy ones with the puffy paint likely red. Yeah I've got it planned I guess... ornery in that old codger yet smooth silver fox way.

edit on 31-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

YAH!

On the fridge front!

The Blue Angles R awesome!!!! Reminds me of being a kid. And got to hang out with some friends☺

Going back out and may go buy a new camera for the Aircraft Project forum threads...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have the best of my photos from the airshow, Arctic Thunder 2016, up.

ATS link here.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

My son is loving and kind, I hope that he finds all sorts of experiences, loves and is loved. Beyond that, one day at a time. I don't mind the idea of being a Granny, just that, all being well, it is quite some way off in the future. I have yet to go through first loves and heartbreaks, and, since I am doing it just this once, I savour every moment, each landmark and bump in the road. I have a rough, five year plan. Takes me to him reaching eighteen, beyond that, only blurred images of potentials and a few question marks, but I have a loose intention to have a couple of years winging it. Grannying duties would not be a welcome intrusion for a good decade after that...but, that said, who knows, I have ceased to expect myself to feel the same, and want the same things as I did at earlier stages down the line. It and I, are always changing. Planning, for me, too far ahead, is just futile. I had no idea parenthood would be this way, didn't ever think I would have to go it alone. It has been a joy though, and totally and utterly transformative.

The "letting go" is troublesome. The not being needed, the trying not to worry when they are out of your sight. He went to Holland last year, with scouts. Twelve nights. It seemed like a good idea. Twelve days to myself. It began a few weeks before he left, gradually mounting as it drew closer. I was a barely contained wreck the whole time. I don't suppose we ever stop worrying about them, that it is like a permanent background noise, but that one, him being so far away, across a sea, knocked me for six. I've been readjusting ever since, not very elegantly at times. A few weeks back we were in a shop, he was behind me and then I looked round to speak to him and he was gone. My very first thought was, "#, the bastards have deleted him to # with me." I later recalled the episode to my brother and he looked at me askance. I said, "It's okay for you, all your psychotic breaks occurred before you saw the Matrix." He thought about it, understood what I meant. It's a #er to shake that one out once it's embedded itself in there however often it determines itself to be nonsense. He, of course, had just wandered off, but for a second...

Seeing the absurdity helps, but these are testing times.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Yeah, I just need to stop walking into the living room to get the milk! Must re-programme self!!!

The Blue Angles, are they like the Red Arrows?

Looking at the photos, I am guessing so. I once got stuck in the nose of a Red Arrow.

Nice pics.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well, unless there's an Oedipus complex, he will go through those things not you... and you'll just support him with experience when he needs it.

You know how a guy can smother you? It comes from a mothers clinging too tightly, because they just want to get away into another womb at some point... well attached to that womb instead of the woman that comes with it... one always remains a child until that cord is cut. Death sometimes does that the heart yet will always remain tethered even when it's not on ones mind.
edit on 2-8-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Cool! I never knew about the RAF Red Arrows! Looks like the same kind of moves.

[All]

Here is some general weirdness. Woke up this morning and was kind of laying there. I heard a knock on the inside of my apartment. It sounded like somebody bumped into something so it was not a "knock-knock". Now, my hearing is rather good for all the concerts, guitar playing, air shows, etc., I've been to. So unless it was coming from inside the walls (it sounded like the main TV lounging room). Well, just strange to think in the alternate universe people watch us while we sleep! Why!

Anyway, just strangeness. Like somebody here on ATS mentioned a head cold yesterday and today I am stuffed up. Had to take a pill to clear things out.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Heh, I'm still here... just in a reflective phase with not much to say, but still have ats on my browser all day and still reading when my job allows.

And if you have a cold, please try vitamin c ... it works, despite the cultural detritus attached to it... the science is solid and anecdotal evidence surprising... just be sure to buy the proper molecule which is "L" ascorbic acid and then take it in sufficient quantities (meaning until you poop the unused portion out).

That's my health tip for the day... heh.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

*hi five*

My stash of vitamin C ran out here at werk so looks what happens when you back off for a week! So yeah, my anecdotal evidence is take some.

Heck, that thump this morning could have been my ears popping for all I know! And it is not really a cold just really stuffed up although was tired yesterday but attributed that to wandering around at the "air show" (i.e., mostly bars!)

Everybody needs a brake from here! And for me that means not even lurker mode. It is nice to sit back and read instead feeling the urgency to post. And there is not much going on as it seems most are off on summer break. Been checking out science sites since I am starting to realize I have not done the real deal, heavy lifting stuff in a while. It is like exercise, you do not miss it until you look down and wonder where your toes are! I do not think I have gotten that bad ever but when a quick walk up an escalator makes you wonder if you are the same person that woke up one day and ran a marathon... probably need a little more!

Be all broody and contemplative! Then knock us out with wry and witty remarks full of science and haikus! (forgot where I was going with that so will leave it as a non sequitur).

Oh, my health advice, a good laugh will do wonders for the soul!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Fortunately I do not have to live with the social dynamics or mores of Ancient Greece, or 19th century Vienna for that matter, although Penelope is a role model, and differently, so is Medea. Literary speaking, but both are severely limited by the scope of mind of their male writers and their male audience, just as Freud's patient's recovery were limited by the scope of his.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Could be Exploding Head Syndrome, I "suffer" from it regularly. Particularly when tired and run down.

Honey and fresh lemon topped up with hot water, add some garlic if you want extra potency (but don't expect to be popular if you do).

Take care.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I usually suffer from "mind blown" syndrome!

It was only one day. I do not get headaches. I have only had one my whole life--that includes hangovers. In the last five years, I stopped touching the door handles at work after washing my hands. My cold count dropped significantly (rants: Wash your hands when leaving the bathroom or after picking your nose!). Gee, maybe those hygiene classes were worth something after all!

Had a wonderful experience of doing house chores yesterday. But hey, the soccer matches for the Olympics have started so had something to watch. Oh, there was this cool (Nature? idk) show called: Giant Killer Wasps. It was about Japanese wasps and their battle for survival. Puts petty politics in its place as these guys are fighting for the species survival. Wish I had a Doogie Howser comment but off posting about the moon and fat cats.

edit on 4-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Wholly agree, but of course some dynamics are in a constant repeat... but yeah mothers in love with their sons or sons in love with their mothers it's sick business. Many people have those mommy or daddy complexes these days... I didn't have a daddy or if one was around then someone seeks someone like their daddy even if he was an insufferable bastard... of course there's the grown man that wont take care of a woman and his family just like the ones that didnt want to stick around either.

So it basically spins round and round... emulation instead of being oneself I think is the problem.

So many people emulate instead of just being themselves... many people don't want to take the time to explore and find themselves. Of course calling anything is a phase is annoying as well, otherwise someone was just playing pretend instead of actually being themselves from an actual like of something... or just going along with whatever crowd or influence.

I actually liked stuff and found myself around and exposed to all sorts of people that connected and bonded through that like instead of just hey everyone is doing this it must be cool and flocking to it.

These days many people get together and dont actually live a life style they go online learn about it emulate it, then step out like it's halloween.

I dunno... normally I don't talk about others and what they do, but since you have to interact with them in public from time to time it's best to be aware of who are playing roles and who are actually down to earth and real.

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join