It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What I learned this week.

Let your iPod skip around every now and then. If it locks up on you during the 20th listening of Sold Me Down The River you tend to have to go to google and figure how to soft boot the d@mn thing to drown out the ambient noise. Afterwards, you can go back to being the all dancing crap of the world.

Rain jackets can only do so much... you will get wet.

Have a salad with your fettuccini alfredo. It will keep you from eating 3/4 a pound of the stuff and you will not immediately pass out after eating. As a bonus, you end up with two meals from one prep.

Go to the Big Box Store and keep a Big Generic Bottle of Vitamin C on hand at all times.

Carbon foam can be made from bread. And there are internet videos showing you how to do so.

Taking a break from the Internet of Things That Are Now does the psyche good.

People do not read email very closely. And even if you point out what to do they still do not get the joke... best to let it slide as the moment for humor has passed.

Heads can explode! Mind blown! Enough said.

edit on 5-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Tori spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well ...that's better than the usual disappointing lessons about humans I learned this week... and at least you're eating better than I am.

I dislike elitism, but people sure can make one an elitist! The term "dumb as rocks" is insulting to rocks.

Oh and ... wherever you go, there you are.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

went back to some of my high strangeness period.. reading posts.. Now I really don't know what to think. Ever fall down two rabbit holes at once and you don't know which one is 'correct' None of it makes any sense.. this just gets deeper and weirder..
so maybe it's time for another ATS break.

was trying to prove something I remembered a long time ago. Kind of wish I had not.
went way too deep and found someone who sounds just like me off of ATS, came back to ATS and he says "you ARE me" which that girl said too, and she and him were both obsessed with time travel, both said I was a time traveler, which I denied, but they saw through that..

LOL

I had forgotten all of that. Welcome back to crazy town...

"Sir... Sir! I said SIR !! put the google down and start walking."

so that was one side of the rabbit hole.. Too bad "crazy people hoaxing stuff" rabbit hole didn't have enough logical consistency to not need the other rabbit hole.. Worse the other rabbit hole stands on its own explaining all, but it's freaking crazy nuttersville off the wall nonsensical.

and if separate realities do exist what if I was in multiple so it's All of the Above?
and it really does not help seeing myself speak in code from way back that I may leave ATS in weeks maybe days because I thought high strangeness was about to occur.. That was a dead on prediction looking back... I almost died. Or did I die?

hahahahahaha

If I didn't have a great sense of humor about all of this...

kind of stuff that makes you think your being manipulated by Archons or something.

edit on 6-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I "suffer" from mind-blown syndrome too. It's perhaps more of an addiction, possibly a coping mechanism, definately involves buzzes and highs though. I, relatively recently, came to an understanding with myself to avoid seeking to blow my mind. I can't do anything about those spontaneous blow-outs but I can stop pushing so hard on the levers when they happen. For now at least. I need more discipline in some areas, less in others...ahh, balance! I'll know it when I've found it, but it's damn elusive of late. My friend died this time last year and I entirely lost my footing, speeding me along down the slippery slide I was on, ending in a near massive crash. The ride was awesome, but I'm in no hurry to repeat.

Everything that we know, and that we have accomplished, comes from observing our environment. All the questions, and all the answers are still all around us, we just don't know how to ask or we don't want that answer. I went to the seaside on Wednesday. We climbed up through the town, tipping a wink to the mortal remains of Anne Bronte as we passed her by to visit Scarborough castle which sits on a promontory overlooking the North Sea. Quite beside the human conflicts that that piece of land has seen over the centuries in order to obtain it's strategic and logistical value, the real conflict persists in being against the elements. The wind and the sea batter the land, and eat away at the individual stones of the wall, biting great chunks out of them at times. In those cracks life finds hold and roots grip, gaining strength they probe, finding ways through mortar, lifting foundations. The plants support and shelter insects, providing food for all manner of creatures. It's utterly magical, and yet we constantly fight against it, in complete denial about our insignificantly significant destruction. We need to stop expecting all other life to make the compromises in order to accommodate us and our wants.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Well, I think that there are reasons that those kind of dynamics are in repeat, but I don't think that they represent any kind of archetypical set of circumstances or experiences. Messed up people have children all the time, it can be the type of experience that makes you as a person, or it can break you. Either way, the child is along for the ride, no choice in the matter. That too makes or breaks. Not every child who is molested goes on to molest. By my sons age I had a list of deviancies as long as my arm. He's as straight as a die. Parent's evenings are a dream. I have always been present, consistent and reliable, not much else. That's all most kids need and want, everything beyond that is a bonus, and anything below that, particularly the middle one, takes away from them and their ability to function, process and to recognise choice and opportunities when they are presented. I wanted to be a "Mum", which of course goes along with a child being there to make that possible obviously, but it is more than that, I wanted to assume that "role" and live it. And I have. Now I am wondering what my next role might be, he and I understand each other, and he knows that when he goes off to uni I am probably going to be considerably less present and reliable. Consistently so.

Thinking back to Geiger. I was on the train the other day, and this group of four guys took the seats next to us and then proceeded to communicate via facebook and verbally reiterated everything that they were posting. They were nice lads, not at all disrespectful or intrusive, no objection to them whatsoever, but it troubles me how little goes on in some people's minds that causes them to need this constant audible or written chatter to prevent them from hearing the echoes in their own minds.

*shrug*

What can you do?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

When all is mind and people think all is their's? That can get to be a pretty crowded place.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Being a part of nature itself as elements and not the elementals that cling to the past as it was is the key to flowing right along whether one feels alive and doesn't know it or is dead and doesn't know it.

The nature of nature has not changed, there is the pull of gravity, the fall of rain like tears that can be as many to fill all the oceans with saltiness, sweet to replace all the cane, or bittersweet in empathy knowing both. Lighting crashes as the spark of life falls on your box of rock... gray matter or precious jewel, light knows the score as darkness puts it all to rest.
edit on 6-8-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Futtuccini alfredo... it is like mac & cheese for adults.
-Mitch Hedburg

Reverbs, Anaana... and baddogma, thought I was signing off for the weekend... but guessed wrong!

First, dry pasta in a box with jarred sauce and the only fresh stuff was parsley from the farmers market... so not too much farther than Mitch's observation!

Anaana, Bronte?! So jealous! Want to walk where the Romantics walked and think of the suffering death of TB so bad!

Sorry about your friend. It comes from out of nowhere and even if you were not close it still affects you. Uh, keep fighting the good fight and stuff (lol, I'm really bad at on the moment advice... hehehe)

Reverbs...

You lead a wonderfully strange life! Do not take it so personal! The interweb is built to confirm any personal bias. So I know it is Berenstein but why bother trying to convince people otherwise? Let it roll! It gets stranger but better. Please keep us informed!

BBD, gravity is the observation and the lable it is given. We still do not know what it is! So, heard a lot of talk about this Jesus... a man of love and a man of faith... but what a man was 2000 years ago means means little to me today (hehehe).

Art is a lie but a good one! We need the self refection to put the limits on self. If you can learn from abduction then you do not have to go baby huey your life to hell. (See, knew I could find a Doogie Hauser moment)!

Keep it cheesy. And if you can take it cheesy... take it twice!

edit on 6-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Uh the system went cray-cray

edit on 6-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: iam drunk

edit on 6-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: continuity

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You are seriously funny I like that.

I am all good just had too many revelations all at once in not enough time. Like pulses each one sending adrenaline..

rr rrr rrrrrr rrrrrr rrRRRR RRRRR AHHH!!!

Blast off.

It's not my fault I didn't know 42 different things would all re arrange come back to a single point in time and smack me in the face with the full force of years of things I've done thought about and experienced

Like a remix of a song, my mind was playing the same tune just in a new better production

So I went for a walk felt a little sick came back home and tried to make some sense of it.
Creepy the people that were around me back then, I was not being very careful with who to trust.

went to sleep had really fun dreams actually went back to sleep they were so fun and had even more fun, then back to "reality"

and come to find that boncho wrote out the entire story line of what happened to me yesterday in a new thread.

great thanks universe.. It wasn't weird enough yet, what else ya got? Hmm Hmm?

I aint scuured.

LOL

edit on 6-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

That's what happens in contemplation when watching it arise each time... eventually it starts arising in entire packages of a singular experience when letting it go, the weight of it will bring it back around in orbit the more you let it go the more mass it gets until spladow... many many things are like this eventually just solving themselves.

Once it's rolled on to place it ceases to arise and be a bother if it was before. Kinda like Saturns rings forming moons out of all of those super ultra tiny fragments of moons normally called dust a debris.

Of course the ringed planets have been forming moons for a long time eventually orbits will coincide and click and go off in a tangent... thoughts on the surface of the mind is oddly yet fittingly kinda the same. Order and chaos difficult to bring into balance but still has substance.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I've come into much better balance even learned a LOT in a 15 minute time span.
Things are back into place, but it all feels much better now.
ehh I can't explain it any better than you just did actually.

edit on 7-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Glad to hear, I grew up in a lot of dysfunction and people around me adults lying all the time, siblings playing mind games leaving a lot of things strange and out of whack... making everyday coping to trauma for a very long time.

Eventually all of that crap works itself out or let go and get to some healthy coping going on. I was exposed to horror movies and all sorts of degrading situations children shouldn't be exposed too.

Rejecting the disease made me the black sheep but I don't care... rather be a solution than an perpetuation of illness. Such a burden to hold when that isn't who someone actually is but someone trying to impose who they are on you instead of encourage and uplift. The things people do in the name of some tradition or trying to keep it in the family no matter how unhealthy eh?

BTW awesome music thanks for sharing

edit on 7-8-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Nice thoughts guys!

And thanks for the photo bomb! Nice to BASS as well. If we ever started a rock band ya'll be the bomb! I'd be the fat, ugly guitar player that people love anyway (or in makeup). Ah heck, just Milli Vanilli it

I'm with you on being the black sheep. But wool is warm! Ask Peeple (what is up with the helmut?) Grew up too fast so being young at heart while I can get away with it. And trying to enjoy the youth spent being self destrucive. So don't always take me too serious.

Sobered up... time for a beer run!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

On a metaphysical note...

LOL

Laughter really has such a Transmutative effect in my being.

Thanks man

oh and I'm losing it in the acronym thread. Pure gold.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I may get another bass, my friend Paul plays drums... guitar is not really my jam that cheese cutter 6th hurts muah tender whittle pinky lol it goes we we we all the way home and curls up like a pigs tail as my thumb reaches over and goes where's the roast beef? and my old skater self says it's a grab through the legs to the back edge of the board and the thumb gets back where it belongs.

Unorthodox so jazz is my style of playing but not a music style I play, except on the radio and juke box.

Hell, I might just sing... though I really like bass I may do both who knows. I was beat in church because I didn't want to sing their mind control everything written in the same key nonsense. So having ones voice stolen over someone else's ideology? I suppose people can see how I really enjoy exercising that right. It isn't child friendly as I use a ton of colorful metaphors, as they are just words to me... and I don't frequent anywhere children are around.

I've been told I sing nicely but it is something I rarely do, but I whistle along tap fingers and humm frequently. Something I'd likely lose myself in if I did get vocal... then it would look like me wrastling with a microphone or in a verbal dispute with it...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Callous us... the snowflake hands... the constant battle! I've got blisters on me fingers!

One reason I switch around between instruments. Acoustic one day, electric the next, bass the next, banjo... any old time! Instead of one size string carving out the Grand Canyon I get flat fingers and thick skin. Playing bass gives the whole forearm strength. There are ways to play so you are not just doing the Billy Idol thang of playing the chord progression on the root note. Most music I do like have that variation... more like soul music than rock. Some good punk rock bass players too! You can take any direction you want to.

Who let all the cats in?! Now I am feeling left out!

I guess it is just a case of Cat Scratch Fever and should pass...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Woof!

Meow

Bark-Bark

Woof

puurr

Who let the cats in, or who let the dogs out.
I stowed away and carried inside
And then someone let the cat out of the bag.

true story
edit on 8-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hey I think the drummer is the one to set the stage then the bass fills off of that then the rhythm guitar fills those two and then lead or if talented enough riles it all up into a wailing where the singer pours and bleeds it out... that's the soul and the root angst comes from the drummer releasing pent up frustration beating on them and crashing them out, riding it on, and tipping hit hats scrambling the eggs in a snare... the bass is the heart beat to all of that throbbing and pumping the under current found under those skins... then that rhythm is picked up and trebled and carried... and the voice mirrors that in what normally would be a cacophony but becomes one body of seamlessness where one cannot tell where one begins and the other ends... as one mind or one mass.

To me that's a band.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

That's kinda how I play real piano... the syth sort do not feel right. Dogs and cats chasing and fighting each other or a family in an argument and the children trying to bring peace to the situation sometimes over ridden because they are not the authority but those dagger mouthed behemoths blaming each other for their choices are and thats the wrinkle that music irons out.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Steps in, wipes feet on the mat, "Man, it is really bad out there!" (*points at ATS*). "It is raining political cats and dogs out there and it is getting deep!", TEOT concludes removing his Morton Salt rain slicker which does nothing for his neck which is haloed with water.

Since I've been ignoring all that "built for Hollywood" political clap-trap it took me a while to understand "HRC" is twitter-speak for the non-Trump candidate! I was like, "Hadron what? Collider?"

How are you all doing in neighborhood of Make Believe today? It is a little known fact there Norm but the first resident of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was Daniel Striped Tiger! The King's name? King Friday XIII. How weird is that?

A puppet King of Bad Luck... there is a bad pun or observation dying to get out concerning present "political" situation but I have already changed my rain boots for slippers and a pipe full of the good stuff besides I was already out in it so there.

Anyway, going to see what kind of science stories I can track down then do some werk. Hope to back later today!

-TEOT

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join