It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:12 PM

edit on 11-8-2016 by Peeple because: Done

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:47 PM
a reply to: Peeple

Such developments! I wander off and search on whats up with North Korea and answer an email or two and you go full on STORK on us! lol. I like your photo and thanks for sharing! I was going to be kind of stork and show the crappy photo of my shoes I got at the airshow on sublime's thread. Does stork feet count?

Then I had to make certain that "persiflage" meant what I thought it meant...
I was close but did not know there was a negative connotation "slightly contemptuous" and for some reason thought it was an adjective.

BTW, yes, I did pick up and look at the Physics for Rockstars because of the title. But opening it up and scanning a couple chapters, laughing out loud in the book store, decided it was up my alley and bought it.

When on the edge of town visiting friends they see orbs around their place and say, "Oh yeah, TEOT is here!" Seems the woo is strong in this one (but mostly of the aerial type). And most will tell me of their experiences with The Other for whatever reason.

How's that for helping? Better late than never?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:59 PM

You may show us a photo of your spirit animal.

I was panicking, social anxiety and stuff.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the Pauli exclusion principle. As much as I want to tell you I've, learned something, that would be a lie.
But I am working on it and might come back to you later.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:31 PM

Pain happens, when you forget to tie your shoe trip and fall... using a tool for what it's not designed for and there goes a finger... emotional pain? Eh people like to share and spread that around no thanks... I don't mind giving someone a good word but I'm not going to be an accomplice to spreading the sh-t it's already deep enough as it is, so deep it's hard for anything to grow out of it.

Experience isn't something to be afraid of; of course... as the less one limits it the more sides or perspectives are seen of it, and actual wisdom and empathy for situations can grow out of it, other than a rote or attempt a compassionate understanding from not having been through it...

So it's that whole get up dust oneself off take time to see the lesson from all sides instead of just a personal one of pointing fingers and blame... that way you can see what your role was that caused whatever occurred, communication really begins to start happening then and empathy grows... if compassion when listening takes pause to apply it to a similar situation one has been through then listening without giving advice can be achieved as one can reflect... of course if you've been through it and have already done the work of reflecting on it? Then that empathy is right there and it's an embrace of understanding.

Of course some are habitual abusers and toxic having sown so many seeds of pain it's best to try and keep your distance from them, this is why I ignore my family... it's accept this belief this truth as you because that's how I want you to be... think I'm going to accept that? I'll accept them for who they are no matter how toxic, but it isn't acceptance of who I am so that love is a one way street. Being a grown man I know who I am, what I like, what works for me and what doesn't and I'm not fake about it, I don't lie about it because past is past I don't drag it around if you're over it you're over it... toxic isn't over it so I step right on over it and keep going... because that's them not me.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:38 PM

According to the Native American and Celtic Animal Symbols 'Totem Animals' source, this is me...

The Falcon can be a little on the conceited side - but he/she is usually right in his/her opinions - so a little arrogance is understood. In a supportive environmental the Falcon "soars" in his/her ability to maintain passion and fire in relationships, and always remaining compassionate. Left to his/her own devices, the Falcon can be vain, rude, intolerant, impatient, and over-sensitive.

Yep, that is pretty darn close! And for the European zodiacers, it is Aries, which is also pretty close.

I was once told as a kid that my Indian (Pueblo, southwest US, upon a visit to that area), name in their language would mean "deep water" (as in "river"). I was told that I would be a deep thinker about things and to not spend too much time dwelling on possibilities or I would become stuck! That is a heavy trip to lay on a little kid. It has proven to be more true than I would care to admit! Hehehe. I spent more than half a semester thinking on what my semester paper's theme (and therefore which criticism view to use) instead of doing research! Turned out fine in the end. But spent several cold nights just walking around thinking.

Ram, falcon, deep water, a nice contradiction and several items that do cross over!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:44 PM

About your picture, you look pretty human to me that well like myself and many others have been through some pretty in-human things.

Strength and dignity thanks for having the strength, there's nothing in your image to lose dignity over... you're attractive and I can appreciate the cerebral it's real and not lets play pretend when emotions happen as pushing them down bottling them up and letting them fester and surface in areas not appropriate for them to surface. Of course I'm not someone that gets in heated arguments I listen to someones perspective of me and the behavior they have experienced from me, without self defense or rationalizing or making excuses for it... stuff I used to do, but fortunately I took time to start listening and start learning what people were saying to me about me in my close interpersonal relationships.

About 8 years now I have been up lifting women I've been in relationships with helping dust them off from the pain and control others put on them, well of course sometimes in doing so working towards goals even though there is great love there? The goals become different and go in different directions and it takes strength to not cling and let each other go so that growth can continue. It isn't ever anyone's job to hold anyone back trying to control but to encourage... try as they might? It's not the right way to go about life... it's the difference between help and hurt.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:46 PM
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

No, I like it different. I prefer suffering in solitude to all the fake feel good, got to smile all the time and having to listen to the same thing over and over again.
I am like my own pet, my biggest interest is the easiest way through life, so I got time to think and dream. In a beam of sunshine...
People are different. Like I said, everything is a bell curve. In 70bilion dimensions.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:11 PM

Fake and plastic is fake and plastic... I use the past examples of my pain that have been overcome to aid people when they need it not be ashamed of it and protect that pain like it's me, I don't spread that pain around so it isn't and wasn't ever a part of me so why cling to it? I become the rock not the moss under it when people lift it and only see dirt and neglect to look at the bottom of the rock.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:17 PM

Well hey instead of this dwelling around and around... we both know pain and cope with it in different ways; I can appreciate your style because that's a part of you as an individual it makes you well you unique to your personality and being.

I haven't cyber stalked you; so I don't know what you are about or what you seek to do with yourself, as far as goals and those dreams you mentioned but didn't identify... otherwise we will just keep going in circles about ourselves in the way we go about things as separate individuals instead of seeing the direction either of us are headed in.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:38 PM

Agreed back to the woo.

Do you think it is possible a certain group of humans is capable of manipulating other people?
What if that's what it is. Messages from the future, the moment our time lines merge.
Or as we got smart enough to see it for what it is: there is definitely self interest at play, we are in a patch. All these stories are "Alien encounters".
Alien is just strange. But we are the aliens. It's us from the future, tuning us in.
But the messages fired too far, maybe and bamm Jesus. You know how we are, got to try it as much as possible, a new toy.
Or ahem "science".
While the other side starts hording it, just in case. My data!
And of course would want to try it also, what is it what does it... just saying if you got the money all things are possible. And we're talking about people betting on if scientology can be a religion.

These #ers know what's going on for a long time.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:54 PM

Yes we are the aliens and even the other aliens are afraid of this crazy Earth. They come check us out in their ships that break light speed. After a quick look they lol at us. On their way out they check out some orbiting tin can space station and are like WTF is that.

Then they see space junk orbiting Earth like a giant garbage can. So they drop off their waste too and head home.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:07 PM
a reply to: Quantum12

Exactly it's all a joke, right? Gravity exists is the last known fact and it's obviously bred crumbs and distractions since.
Why are we holding on to using space tech that won't get us anywhere usefull?
To theories of pure math fiction?
Why are you laughed at and shunned if you think outside of seaorg I mean nasa?
Don't look at what's in front of you, look at the stars!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:34 PM

Yes your are correct. Even the caveman had the idea and said "Ug stars are stars" as he pulled his wife by the hair back to their cave to make love. She looked Mr Ug and said your the smartest caveman here on earth. Ug said "Ug knows" and a space ship came and took them away! Lol
edit on 8 11 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
a reply to: Quantum12

You know there were times, when in our culture, general alps, I guess, mountain people, communicated with "nature spirits", "Naturgeister". It was normal to have a relationship with the water you drink, this tree is alife, everything has a voice. There are to this day elder women, for whom it's normal.
In a way that's alien contact too.
If a real civilization would make contact through telepathy, that would be a huge mess.
If another civilization would see how we treat our "ressources", they'd find the "human rights" thing pretty obsolete. "Look at it, know that it's facing someone up the food chain it knows what mercy is".
And if that alien civilisations is some kind of parasite, bound to us, but entirely steering us towards selfdestruction, because it wants to hatch as many as possible before the earth is "adjusted for their needs" in the next phase of its life cycle...
Then Wow # is vaporising.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:10 PM

Well, since we do discuss odd experiences here even if others haven't experienced them and they sound like fiction... is a dream fiction or did it seem like reality at the time?

Being objective when watching all of this conglomerate particles and conceptual labels of it pass? Is one of the most fascinating things things I have experienced... if there is no clinging to it with an ego, I've noticed the self can get lost in that flavor country although there is a core expression of personality unique to everyone that comes across as feeling like an energy... some of these various energies passing through? Great! Some of them so much weight and burden and struggle... I've done that side for far far too long due to that very clinging.

That's why I yammer on so much about not clinging to everything personally like all of that experience is one complete whole of an experience. There's many many different types of wind, humid wind, cold wind, biting wind, hot wind, etc etc but in the end it is just wind... not attached to wind as a one dimensional experience then the various states of that wind is noticed on experience... and can be appreciated without having to say hey hot wind, cold wind or whatever just feel it as a sense of contact and the mind consciousness? No thought about it but the sensation if the focus is placed there simply feels it in and of itself... place the consciousness elsewhere? The sensation will pass even if the wind does not... that way it is contact and experience with no need for experiencer to mentally start chattering about it to oneself, bringing inner peace.

Children are like this before all the words and concepts and just open to sensations and notice which ones bring discomfort or ease to the body... eventually this becomes mental chatter identifying with the experience as good or bad positive and negative, pain or ease, suffering or bliss. The non discriminating mind does not move to such things unless they arise in the moment. It just is what it is except where one places their focus as every minute moment to moment is brand new right then and right there... never the same experience fresh and new.

Of course, over time it can become difficult empathizing with others if one does not get out and experience the world... of course it can be difficult when people not living in such a mode are constantly airing each mental state or thing that passes through their minds... meditation sees such labeling eventually it gets tired of all that labeling sees it as something they'd rather find a distraction from instead of make friends with... eventually all of that stops and bliss arises as an experience... then chase chase chase for an experience that has passed can no longer arise oh bliss can occur again but not that bliss not that moment it is gone. But then we think what? That we have gained something with the ego instead of simply experienced something due to that attachment... because whew it isn't called bliss for nothing.

After awhile all of the mental attachment to past experiences fall away, and well still in form one recalls what it is like and can empathize recalling that pain that suffering attached to this is my pain my suffering instead of just a past experience that brought it... when others continue trying to bring that same suffering due to not knowing any better? That's what hurts the most... because no matter how much pointing they are still attached and well yeah it's their choice to be but thats like saying I dont like this that or the other without knowing the full experience of whatever that is as it arises and passes moment to moment to moment as it is never the same... so why drag it along why place a limit on oneself or others claiming something so fleeting and temporary with a memory that is not the experience itself just a recording of it?

Well, it was learned in order to seek ease of hunger, thirst, not do this or else pain arises... once known? The mind doesn't have to chatter on or dwell on it. If people keep doing the same things over and over that bring themselves and others suffering? What is their for one to do... but try and ease that suffering by listening, understanding, tolerance and empathy knowing how it feels, and encouraging happiness, joy, laughter, togetherness, and someones dreams and aspirations in acceptance of them... not control of them or trying to make them like us or be someone they are not.

That's why the Buddha called it freedom and the non experience of such bondage... yet it isn't anything foreign it is the natural state before we self programmed with so much bias and decided to call it a self when there are 6 consciousnesses to be perceived separately than together... one of the eye, one of the ear, one of the nose, one of taste, one of touch, and the mind in which the sensation but not the label passes unless it needs communicating or one wants to communicate it... but when it is thought that all 5 senses are one with a discriminating mind then thats where the bias the pain and suffering arises from that is a self of one consciousness instead of a learned self.

This is why it is said that there are 5 Buddha families one for each sense... I personally prefer sight or simply seeing, nothing arises in the mind on the contact of sight, I know eventually in practice focus can be placed on the others... I avoid hearing unless someone is fully in presence with me in a conversation. Simply because of the jhana state of hearing carries a lot of anger and hatred on those multiple wavelengths or densities you mentioned. Hate does not cease by hate, it ceases by love which is acceptance that doesn't mean love is impossible because the pain and suffering people cling to as a self and spread is not oneself it is not the container it is an expression of being, unawareness of that expression in the 6 consciousnesses is ignorance of them arising and passing as they come and go moment by moment by moment... mindfulness leads to seeing all of these various states arise as pure awareness.

Not attached to that pure awareness of what arises it simply arises and passes as that is it's nature.

Of course people fear what they do not understand... it breeds intolerance and pain and suffering in that unawareness that ego can't see through that conglomerate perceived as self and other. Equanimity does not see a difference but there is a perception of a difference in which such energies manifest and flow... not thus attached how can anyone be snared? It arises and passes and objectivity bears witness to it but does not judge it as it is not others just suffering due to that limited attachment via the ego as a self experiencer. Empathy feels so much pain when directed at such it becomes an extreme of being, and as said earlier there was enough experience of that extreme so seek out the other end... once that was found it is about coming into full balance of being.

Still on the road of that, still walking it, and yet clinging is not to an ego self happiness exists in an unending supply but seeing it come and go in others and not something that is there moment to moment to moment is why I point the way out of that extreme of being called a self... there is a body that experiences as things arise and as things pass but there is no clinging as "this is happening or occurring to me" just the observation of what is happening or occurring.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:21 PM

The problem with the now? Because now doesn't exist, if you ask Einstein.
What we're all saying from all our angles, is basically "Einstein was wrong guys, back to the drawing board".
How dare we ! ?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:26 PM

Time and experience is relative to the observer... claiming past experience is an anchor to time itself, that experience is gone so it is simply a weight and burden that attempts to stop time in moments or things one has deemed perfect like a snapshot instead of letting go and then where is time to be held without observation of it passing... experience! As it arises comes and goes each moment never the same.

It's beautiful and yes how dare us limit the infinite.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:49 PM

That's pretty, and also sounds right for the speed of light. Information is faster than the speed of light.
Maybe it goes towards reality fragmentation and printing?
If you know how to excite and attract you only need spore information bits to travel. Which would be like we created ourselves, developed, than travelled through time to seed ourselves, because you can't escape the circle?
I firmly believe if you change the now, you change past and future as it's all like gas.
Because otherwise we become a total messed up fascist society and that is nothing desirable.
Nazis everywhere, dogmatic reason preachers.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:03 PM

We (humankind) do not know what time actually is. Like we do not know what gravity is. We can measure it, quantify it, describe it, theorize about it, predict it, but what either is (or how to manipulate either) is beyond us.

What are dreams for that matter? (Or is that 'anitmatter'?). (LOL. The stuff things are made of!)

Time is what keeps everything from happening at once
--John Archibald Wheeler

PS - The last few days there is no sign of dark matter. I do not even want to think about what that means...
PPS - Song playing right now on the old iPod, When the End Come Before Its Time!

edit on 11-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:33 PM

Thing is I'm saying in a way it is happening at once. On a different layer of things.

Dreams. Hm, who knows. Mine are mostly weird #. I hope that's not some other me experiencing this?
Or close to the surface possibilities? Or stuff that happened as everything splitted (?) or merged.
Though the other night I went on a bike ride through the Netherlands, that was cool. But what it is, if it is sthg interesting, should depend on whom you ask. And who knows?

Funny gravity could be wrong too. Or why the hell does that thing not fit in qt?

edit on 11-8-2016 by Peeple because: Add

Also where is the picture of your spirit animal? I bet you have a platypus.
Or narwhal.

edit on 11-8-2016 by Peeple because: Add

new topics

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>