It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 203
<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

The bass is why they are so good! IMO.

Taint nothing wrong with their lyrics (imo again). I know it is the momement and it just wasn't there... s'okay.

I do not think that trying to please someone else gets you anywhere.

I flew from AK to NYC and wanted to leave after three (of five days). It sucked! Been there done that. And it will not happen like that again (have the new radar installed... and a reason why 'taint involved with psycho/hot chick... once bitten...)

Seen too much bad crap too put up with that anymore. Sad that nobody else sees the all painful truth... think BigBro is also somewhat aligned (as are most on this thread which is why we are here tallking...)

Or just drunkies on Monday

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I love the sailing stones.
The death valley is in the mojave, right? Spent hours there hunting giant ants

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

What's the all painful truth? Sounds important.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The curse of the female, always eager to please.
Got any new drawings? Please me! Haha jk.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Something to do with "living somebody else's life for them" or is that a Sheryl Crow song?? Oh this one is, "If it makes you happy, why the hell you so sad?". Only you are in charge of your feelings. Oh, most do and will claim (blame) it on somebody else but in the end it is you who is in control. "...derail your own train. Who hasn't been there before?". My NYC trip made it plain as day for me--the beginning of the end.

I am scared! Sheryl Crow is making sense!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
***Spoiler Alert - Independence Day: Resurgence. Do not read if you do not want to know! ***

Anyway: the mega-mega alien spaceship destroys the lunar base with only its own gravity but cannot avoid that three brave pilots (two Americans and a handsome soldier with Chinese appearance, self-confident and sexy with somatic appropriately Westernized) fly within the mega runaway spaceship, shot down by mistake, recovering a ball of about two to three meters in diameter that will prove critical to the future of the human race.
Fortunately the fugitive ball, stimulated by an experimental mega-laser, suddenly starts talking to terrestrial scientists providing useful tips to knock down the Queen Mother. The slobbery bastards are a swarm, it reveals, take her out and all her children stop living instantly. Then it confesses that, actually, is not an alien ball a couple of meters in diameter but a whole race, enemy of the slobbery, who renounced their body size to merge into a single artificial intelligence. It continues, revealing that on a secret planet is training survivors of races destroyed by the slobbery (which in the meantime are also drilling the Earth's crust to the take the magmatic core) to create an inter-galactic Liberation Army.

Pravda, review, 7/26/16 - Independence Day Resurgence

An alien AI helping humans?? OK who in Hollywood has been lurking the Black Triangle and Breakaway Society thread? Because it sounds like ALICCE except it is not ancient human tech but an alien race! I was looking up "nuclear plasma" and two pages in this came up... OK, I'm game! I doubt I will go see this so lets see how the Russians view this! Typical, "American jingoism, leaders of the whole earth, where is Russia?" view point but then I read the above and said, "Oh, wait a second there!"

So, do you think Hollywood lurks ATS for movie ideas? I would not put it past them!

Get your 10% finders fee BD!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Is that another sign of the endtimes, when Sheryl Crow is making sense?
I can't control my feelings. Don't know if that's a personality flaw or what? That's why I've given up this relationship thing. Can't do it. I love/d exactly one person and he doesn't want to talk to me. At all. Yet if I knew he needs something I'd rip my arse open to get it for him. Talk about crazy.
Single is better anyways, no dirty socks, no whining, no one getting in my way...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No pets, I'm debt free and only legally responsible for me, no outstanding promises, clean and clear conscience, no secrets or lies to be concerned about, no shady past to haunt or be black mailed by... I'd actually laugh in someones face trying such, being personally responsible I deny nothing and make no excuses. So basically at peace alone here in my grave :p

I may have to go get a canister of freon to put in the compressor, they changed the freon type for ACs close to a decade back... saying it's better for the environment but it lasts 2/3rds to a 3/4ths less than the older type so having to recharge it more is a racket that does nothing for the environment having to recharge and use more, more frequently... so getting 3 to 4 years out of a charge vs the older 9 to 12 maybe more makes the newer crap seem like a scam. Disposable society though, they don't expect consumers to hang onto or fix anything just throw it or money away over and over and consume consume consume, instead of learn to repair and buy or make crap that lasts.
edit on 26-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Sounds like a merger of many pop topics.

I'm crucified
Crucified like my savior
Saintlike behavior
A lifetime I prayed
I'm crucified
For the holy dimension
Godlike ascension
Heavens away
I've seen the deepest darkness
And wrestled with gods
Ride the noble harness
Raining cats and dogs
I stand before my maker
Like Moses on the hill
My Guinness record baker
I abide your will
The first of reciters
I saw eternal light
Best of vocal fighters
Beyond human sight
Where thorns are a teaser
I've played a double jeux
Yherushalaim at Easter
I cry I pray mon dieu
I cry I pray mon dieu

Mix that with Endars Game and an AI and you got the movie plot. But arrghh I love SciFi! The last two Star Trek movies?! Brilliant Brilliant!
I so would want to leave the planet...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

The "throw away society" is a topic unto itself! Did you see the "New normal. People show up to festivals and leave there belongings when they leave" thread? I am from AK where the motto is, "Pack it in. Pack it out". It is ingrained in school children at an early age. PMO when I see an idiot throw trash on the street with a trash can ten feet away! I want to grab them by the scruff and shove their nose in it while smacking their backside like their mama should have done! (Btw, would never treat a dog that bad!)

Reminds me of Roky from the X-Files, Jose Chung’s From Outer Space! “I hate this town. I just want to be taken away to somewhere I don’t have to find a job”

Yeah, I want to go up there away from all the crap too. It is such a drag to watch it all go down the drain. Kind of a helpless feeling. Need a life raft in this sea of apathy. Or a space craft.

edit on 26-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: could not post reply to peeple

edit on 26-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: I hit paste and the window posted an edit

edit on 26-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tori spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

OMG thanks for making me laugh! Do you know me?
Also love your edit statements.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yeah, stoopid reply box let me enter my reply to BBD but then only allowed either 'reply' or 'preview' as an option. So up went an unfinished post! Then I tried to paste the text back in and it posted the edit with no text! Got it the second time but spelled 'life raft' as 'lift raft' so, on goes another edit! And to keep me from getting mad, go for a joke! My phone has as pre-selected options: 'iamdrunk', 'iamstoopid', 'torispelling' and 'noneofyurbusiness'! Normally, it 'grammar nazi', 'torispelling', and 'stoopid autocorrect' because... well, 90210 is so funny! Ever watch an episode now? Humor galore! Glad my mistakes make somebody else chuckle.

I do not think I know you as I have never been to England. And this is my one and only online community thingy. So odds are looking low to none.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I would make an awesome starship captain. But I have authority issues so it would be a pirate ship. Or intergalactic liberation army but then I'd have to be 5-star admiral.
No, I don't watch 90210 never liked it. But I had a dawson's creek phase. Oh and the series van der beek had on his own was also funny. Forgot the name.
Just fyi, it was just because your no job sentence fitted me perfectly. I don't think I know a single Canadian guy in person. And just one feman. But no maleman.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Last I checked, Alaska is part of America! Yeah, not a typical Yank as I like futbol and F1 and Le Tour. I do not watch American football until around mid-November as do not want to look too dumb at Thanksgiving Day when I get grilled about defense this or quarterback that! NASCAR is a little to red-neck for me (don't like country unless it is the old school guys and as long as I am not playing it). UFC, pro wrestling, hot dog eating contest,... no thanks! A baseball game every now and then is alright.

Pirate ship, tug boat, ILA... as long I do not have to be down here on the surface, I'll take it! I need to get an "electric thumb" and hitchhike across the galaxy. Maybe go live on a Dyson sphere somewhere. Got the perfect travelling song!

Beastie Boys - Intergalactic

edit on 26-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I freaking love Beastie Boys! I say Alaska is Canada. Does make much more sense. Do you even have a land bridge to the US? Haha, can't wait for your response to that...

Did you watch the Froom show this year? Is he armstronging? Gawd I am on fire tonight...

Douglas Adams is still my hero, that's my bible. I really had a goldranded collection/collective edition. Dirk Gentleys intuitive navigation is how I go through life.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
I do not think that trying to please someone else gets you anywhere.

Oh, I don't know, it was only a few hours out of my life, I hardly had to martyr myself. Although, if you were to phrase it differently, as in, was it worth it? No. Mostly though it was because the Wonder Stuff were playing, with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer, on the same night, and I could've had a ticket. The only reason I even remember the NMA gig, and the pleasing someone else, if because I missed that one.

Yep. Twenty-three years later and still bitter...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The land bridge was to Siberia and how it was speculated the first Mericans came here chasing hairy elephants! As I have posted before, I drove out of AK to Arizona through Canadia. No need for a bridge... we have a highway! Suppose you could hop on ship with your car or have your car shipped up...

Froome was awesome! I like how Niro could just sit on his wheel and not attack. The time trials were pretty amazing too! The guy is all around as they come! How about Sagan?! He did some major damage out on Le Tour. And hey, Murry won Wimbledon! You guys are en fuego! With Hamilton winning F1... maybe baseball and NASCAR is all that is left!

The land bridge idea is as dumb as they come. The first people in the Americas used boats to get here (TEOT's woo woo Theory #2). As the large mammals migrated a group would race out front and look for a place to attack. The Indians did the same with buffalo so why would the Land Bridgers do any different? Unless you're Tiger Woods, if it ain't broke why fix it?

edit on 26-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Eager is a strong word. Besides, older I get, as crotchety as I am, I am also more appreciative of those that try to please me.

I've got nothing. I'm feeling totally uninspired, and more fundamentally, my washing machine was on the blink, then the fridge freezer died...so, many distractions, huge backlog of laundry threatening to take over and people coming to and fro..*sigh*.

I want to please you, but I can't.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Another one of life's mysteries! One, why do people eat spicy food in hot climates (and cold food in cold climates). Two, why do major appliances always seem to break down around the same time? Co-workers (married) had their washer explode one year. Next 6 months, first the fridge then the oven. Just this year they remodeled their kitchen for the new appliances!

Charge 'em 5$ a wash and 3$ a dry! You'll have repair money in no time flat! The fridge is a problem but there are shelf-stable food stuffs. I once lived off pancakes for 10 months (hate them now!).

And don't stay bitter for another 23 years!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

See, my point exactly you're Canadian.
this year was a bit boring I actually stopped watching when it was clear sky had it in their pocket. I am not English btw. Doesn't matter just felt obliged to mention that.

Life got in the way, it happens. As it seems we'll be hanging out here a while longer, so no hurry.
Was mostly kidding anyways and I like your style. I can wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join