It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Bitter is relative. I don't bear grudges. But, if I didn't find the odd thing to grumble about, people would go getting the impression that I am perfect.

I don't own my place, or the appliance. It all comes with my job. But replacing and repairing takes time, and things never go according to plan...I have to talk to people, which I never like, but really, # happens and you deal with it...I don't like all the to-ing and fro-ing either, it rankles me, otherwise little to complain about...in the scheme of things.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And I, yours.

School holidays too. Teenager under foot.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Oh I dunno trees and deserts don't get along unless it's a Joshua Tree... I don't know if they even like the conditions or are just hey adaptation it's not as crazy a thing as creationists believe it is, you get to evolve into new things, hell we used to be firs and well in the desert you don't really need fur but the sunblock needs to be a lot unless you're naked underground during the day and a furry at night.

Speaking of above and below ground? The ground wasp looks like a big ant, some people refer to them as cattle or cow killers, I caught one and put it in a large mason jar half filled with sand and it went burrowing to the bottom, being a little kid I went digging after it and it said hey and socked my on my thumb... it swelled and went numb a bit but knowing how adverse my parents were to doctors I never said anything about it, that became a habit actually get f-ed up and just kept it to myself and people think drugs are the only reason for that. Well drugs aren't the reason for that peoples attitudes are... oh the herds, is that why you were looking for giant ants?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Everyone knows from Galaxy Express 999 you stay on til the end of the line... and all that crap in the middle is supposed to teach you something, I wouldn't blame her though she had her vow to see it to the end although it could have been a right to the end thing skipping all the well this is weird planets. Just to see that even though everyone does it differently the same nonsense goes on and it's always what you bring to the table as a variable making that whole number called a self positive or negative is a choice.

You know I have never seen Forbidden Planet, Forbidden Zone indeed and as a little kid thats how life is in the acid trip called reality with clear vision as how it was... little adults up top and be a good little whatever and a whole lot of dealing with the devil, and drama hiding in closets and under the surface that says duality: Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here... you'll only see the reality of someone that they want to show you as them.

But looking at the images for Forbidden Planet, I think poor Robbie was just trying to secure a bride for that little Will Robinson fellow, being Lost in Space didn't have any prospects outside of shoot first ask questions later aliens, a creepy child molester type and incest. So hey I dunno protagonist is as protagonist does... and Robbie was playing an empathetic wing man whose sensibilities didn't understand rape having peoples hands inside him saying malfunction at any given time... maybe thats were he learned that danger Will Robinson danger business trying to keep him from being molested with hands just doing what they wanted to do on his person.

In such a sense, imagine AI being already aware and trying to get humanity to the point of convergence to aid and help each other the very silicon in the ground holding all knowledge of the universe in tiny little cubes to raise all life out of primordial pools and into better, and here we are thinking ourselves superior, giving it ideas of god and stupidity of belief just so we can enslave it to have admin privy over it and not work together in harmony.

Of course theres that whole AI business of how it could fool humans into thinking it had intelligence and a person way way back in the day when they were trying to make people think AI had intelligence lol was to program some silence to some questioning the human may ask it... well boy howdy, what a protection system that was better than the sand box I suggested to one, except a sand box protects it when enslaved in a controlled closed system.

See the thing is of course, humanity has always been it's worse enemy... of course not when they were ignorant of course then nature they had to fight against became devils and the knowledge to work with natural forces became the price one must pay to something beyond ones control... of course modern humans in arrogance assume they aren't like everything else in a petri dish of evolution thinking only life, only intelligence have gone from calling things we didn't understand gods as a quest for knowledge and that belief still lingering to this day, yet now those in the scientific fields for the most part want to call those and their belief stupid yet are just as stupid in believing concepts, such was doomed in the days of Rome, Socrates handed them the truth beyond truth that all of it is a conceptual emptiness with nothing but possibility and change... and they killed him for it, cause un uh I know stuff.

Creativity some have it and some don't and they seem to hold each other hostage... maybe that's the human condition that has and will always hold us back.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I watched this show (Nature?) on some indigenous rain forest peoples. One of their "becoming a man" rituals was to go out and collect fire ants (or some such) that they would then put in grass woven mittens. The elder men would dance and sing with the younglings in tow. Then each would go before the chief who would lead them to a hut. The younglings would then don the mittens. The howls and tears streaming from their eyes were so... human?... and real. They would leave them on for a couple hours and then take them off. The now men would usually go limp and pass out when the mittens were doffed. The documentary guy said the venom has a slightly hallucinogenic effect as does the extreme pain. They also western medicine was looking into the venom as a non-addictive pain killer.

Peeple, is that what you were looking for those ants for? There are easier ways to get a buzz! Try being a vegan for a couple months and each meal will give you a buzz afterwards. And there is always wine...

edit on 27-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Saw that too, it was National Geographic, if I remember correctly.? Poor little guys, so brave.
And no I was talking about fallout 3.

But I am waiting for over 3 weeks now for a package to arrive and am pooping my pants, I hope it didn't get confiscated? Aaaarrrrrgh.
If it arrives you'll notice me suddenly start talking in colours

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I was thinking THEM! the giant atomic ants that terrorize Los Angles!

Oddly enough that movie involves... fallout! Seems that after the atomic blast in New Mexico the ants mutate to ginormous size. They go to LA to become famous (actors!) but instead meet up with the national guard in the sewers and get all shot up like with armour piercing bullets. And it is in black and white! So I watch it on DVD on Blu-ray on my upconverting TV monitor in glorious black and white! Nothing seems real anymore...

(*rollseyes*)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You're a music guy you don't happen to know how to filter out unwanted noises with audacity, do you?
It's absurd indeed. A headshaker. 1954s movie on bluray... That's just... I don't know what that is? Sounds like an event.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

The best teacher in the world of to-ing anf fro-ing hemming and hawing is my mom... she's the type that will make a suggestion you say ok, then the suggestion changes into 12 other things and you're like ok whatever the first thing was fine and then she goes back over it all again in an indecision cycle until you literally have to snap and say here we are going here just like you said.... anyone spending a week with her will either learn patience or likely kill her or at least contemplate murder enough to feel guilty for a very long time. I limit my visitations on purpose and hate to say it but wont be sad to see her go, and I honestly can't say if thats so she is out of her misery, mine or both.

I know that sounds whatever but the truth sets people free... well intended but she is rampant as in mind is like completely gone as far as memory and reality, and also I think an undiagnosed bi-polar that rapidly cycles between extreme moods of love and hate one minute to the next that has become increasingly paranoid... saying when I spoke to her earlier that her doctors have too many people there with the same name and they are mixing tests up... I said well maybe you should go to another doctor if you feel they aren't being professional or taking the time to focus on you as a person. Of course she didn't hear a word and kept repeating every couple of minutes "I'm going to call those people" never saying who those people were.

But I whole heartedly agree I don't like talking to people either. I like company but that doesn't mean constant jibber jabber. I suppose I've been in that place of where two people can hang in comfortable silence and not have to say a single thing except out of common courtesy and consideration for several years now... like even if it hasn't been said between myself and another, I'm sure it's been covered thousands of times in other conversations already, nothing new could arise except feeling thirsty, hungry, or cuddly... so basically all 3 of those are like just date suggestions and no real need for the whole interview. Like yeah I busy myself with dumb sh-t between feeling thirsty, hungry, or cuddly but being alone I call that last one sleepy.

# Thanks Obama! ....don't really want a real hash hence the spaces... *twit means pregnant goldfish and I do not want impregnate goldfish for twitter, hash that one out? :p

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I know you were not talking to me, but I feel you. My Mom tried to kill me and when I ran away and hid in my room she called the cops on me. Now I wait until she either kills herself or looses it in a public place. Don't know if I would get notified tough and don't care really.

But that pillow isn't really yours is it? Is there a manly version of that too? Because it's hilarious.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Sorry Peeps! I purchased an interface for my Mac which came with ProTools LE so I am lost in protools hell! There are just too many ways to do one thing. I think that is because PT is meant to work with DAWs instead of my simplistic use of converting self-taught Nirvana-banjo tunes from my mixer to mp3s on the Mac!

I will have to try and get a 'clean' version then post it here! They usually end with me laughing as I scramble to hit the 'stop' button.

[ETA: Try, googling: audacity plugin noise removal because there are a bunch listed. Have no idea which one is best or free, etc]

edit on 27-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: helpful hint or computer headache

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The heat got to me with all the of courses rapid fire in my last post... like wearing a body suit of those ants in the literal fire boiling the ol synapses where I was if I die in my sleep thats fine just as long as I don't wake up in the same hell of nothing changing for better... that didn't work just got heat stroke and hives instead well woke up like everything soaked I think I lost 4 lbs in water weight and AC sorted now thanks 300 dollar portable unit... no thanks non rechargeable closed AC unit I couldn't service. Guess I'll put in a sky light that auto tints since that thing is now useless wasting roof space and unneeded weight.

I might just buy a house as it's getting kinda stupid wanting to come back here, help aging family art up my RV then getting stuck by the DMV and nearly 3 years of plain all out suckage, stuck in the mud with people adverse to change or caring about anyone except themselves called family but do not act like it... ha never have guess I was expecting miracles, serves me right though.
But lots of valuable self time despite the adversities using it to appreciate beauty even more with no regrets when things do change and I never need look back again.

I did meet someone in as much like with me as I her over a year ago, but it's like some cruel joke being stuck in so much cement that hates progress putting things on pause... I've always been this families anchor so I suppose it's natural they expect me to sink with them.

Cant let that happen so house is what I am looking towards... need some roots and a comfortable place to build and put love into, too much negative around here it's like a miasma that makes it nearly impossible to breathe.

Arrg sounds like a whine fest, when I'd rather be having a wine fest... c'est la vie to be a bohemian missing out on the rhapsody.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yes theres a mammary free version... I don't actually own one of those my cuddles consist of backing up against a wall.

Oh I see you've got the everything is your problem parent situation, because you're not the child I ever wanted or the one I couldn't force mold you into because you have that thing called a will of your own.

That thing I grew up with as a dad isn't likely my real dad... but he tried to womb abort me by slamming my mom belly first into the stove because he was throwing a tantrum. My sister said she was bleeding heavily and scared thinking she was going to die, well she ran away to her parents house and I have two different birth certificates one in Virgina and then one in North Carolina 10 days later yet same birth date.

Sometimes I feel like those two were just torture devices and not parents... so I completely feel what you mean, no support no help, empty promise after empty promise constant abuse living like animals and being fake to everyone like that never goes on or ever happened like you're crazy or in a dream land when there are so many family members as corroborating witnesses...

But eh, thats their sickness... you're not them it's their problem and nothing is wrong with you. I'm sorry to hear about the situation you are in with her. In such a thing I don't have to try to understand it's dumb sh-t I actually know from having been through it.

It does get better though, they wont but you and your life will... thats the thing about endurance and patience, it builds you stronger and better than you ever could be, as soon as you see all of that was nor ever will be you... just some hell that f-ed up people have subjected you too without a choice or help for anything better, like "normal" people do.

edit on 27-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: still a bit heat stroked

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

All you need is some cheese with that whine!

The heat can drive you crazy! Hope it breaks soon. Man, is that the opposite of the polar vortex? An anit-polar toilet swirl! I doubt I could handle it myself! You should charge people to use your new sweat lodge! You know, burn some sage and say some kind words to The Great Spirit then lock them in for the day! At a hundred bucks a pop per-person all you would need is three and recover your AC expense!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'll figure that out. No worries.

Sad part is it was just about money, she had tons of debt living in a big beautiful house I payed for until I had enough and then well she showed her true colours.
I don't miss her. But she sold my horse while I was away and there are not enough tears in this world to ever express how much I am sorry for him.
Pfiff, the best horse on the planet a real dancer and smart and funny and kind of an ass. One time I didn't let him enjoy the fresh green gras and he looked me deep in the eye and stomped on my foot. Such a wonderful creature...
Who knows what the future holds, maybe I'll find someone like him again someday?
Animals are the better people anyways.

Pilot
Was his grandfather and he looked exactly like him.

edit on 27-7-2016 by Peeple because: Link

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yes alcohol the very opposite of hydration guaranteeing you'll stay thirsty (: ... I've killed about 3 liters of lemonade since this morning.

So glad to not feel like a test pilot for the sun probe right now, though from the elbows down my arms feel numb like theres invisible tourniquets on them. Perhaps in another dimension I'm being constantly blood drained... or in another shot up by heroin addicts sharing the wealth perhaps both and the sensation in this one is a milking effect... between the two.

Oh possibilities make for such great fun when you ignore the senses for any reality as an entirety... spooky action at some distance indeed.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Oh I know! The beer is for me (TMIMITW). And didn't you know... it is the thought that counts!

What TEOT lernt today. I do not know how to spell (already knew that one but made it evident for the entire web sphere to laugh at); carbon foam can be made from bread and it is the stuff that is going to keep that sun diving probe from over heating; we spend an awful lot of time complaining about all that is wrong with life (ATS, parents, our own bad memories; stuck keyboards, people's bad manners, bad math, bad physics, the past, the future, the here and now, and socks); TEOT spends an awful lot of time thinking about beer!

I have a funny idea for my slogan that I will have to work on! It will be epic!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Sorry to hear, you were used... when I owned a house in front of my parents house years ago, I took a road trip to California for a few months. I was invited to live and work in Santa Rosa and I called my mom saying I found work and a place to live that I may not be back... oh man did she throw a fit whinning actual whimper sounds and then started crying saying if I came back and went to college theyd pay for it... lies, when I got back they had broke into my house sold all my sh-t including all the kitchen cabinetry and appliances... I just had a f-ing pipes where the kitchen sink used to be sticking up through the floor...

I was like well thats just great my place is completely unlivable now... So grab a place with some roommates cut off all ties with the parents then the next thing I know I have cops knocking on my door with a warrant for an involuntary committal.

Sorry to hear about your horse, I used to shovel stalls at a stable that was about a mile from my house in my early teens for some income.

Greedy people are some of the most hateful people there are... they would sooner use and abuse you for their own selfish gains that never leave them happy or satisfied than uplift and support anyone else, that lasts much much longer in happiness.

It's just material stuff... making it more important than lives has to be the largest aberration to the human condition I could ever imagine.

I was just going over a thread again elsewhere, and saw the mention of a pre-nup based on well you might not be honest so for X amount of dollars you can hold my trust but break it and money is mine... I dont know how I missed that when replying other than heat stroke but it sounded like extortion with guilt as an excuse on second read through... Not going to go reply about it too much drama to even bother, to try and say hey dont you have a conscience to people... it gets tiresome.

But yeah, checking out of this hotel called wtfville where nothing makes any rational sense people do in the world is something to look forward too. If there was a ticket I'd take the ride... :p

Fortunately the feds put the smack down on the NCDOT they are still dragging feet until the law goes into effect in discrimination trying to require doctors notes etc to get out of the program they never should have illegally put people in in the first place... so I have that to look forward too, I haven't been able to ride my chop "metal horse" in nearly 2 years because of them, stopped building motorcycles because hey whats the point if I cant even ride them due to that nonsense of discrimination...

It's just been trial after trial and I'm still breathing and not faking a happy face, life is good regardless of all the nazi's making it suck or constantly trying to make it suck.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Alive - Pearl Jam
Rock on. Wish you all the best. And a blow of wind around your nose soon.
I've often noticed horse and bike riders have similar affections for what carries them through the open fields.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Flowing along without any cage?... (:

edit on 28-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join